Graphing trouble

I am having an awful time trying to get a simple graph on a report to work in
Access 2007 and am not sure what I am doing wrong.  The intent of the graph
is to display a summed weight of a product over time.

There is a form on which the user can select a date span, a shift (A, B, C,
D or All) and the products to sum.  The query (except for one issue) works
fine but the graph itself is all wonky.

If I select a time span of 12/1/2009 to 12/31/2009, I will have perhaps 7
days that contain summed weights to display.  My intent was to have a graph
that a time axis on the bottom (a tick for every day, 12/1 to 12/31, even if
there was no data to display on those days).  The graph currently resets
itself to display the first day as 1/1/1900, and sets the major tick as
"year" despite my best efforts to change the time frame on the chart axis
options.  Why does it keep resetting?  Why is it displaying data from
12/1/2009 as 1/1/1900?  Also, it does not display the dates that do not
contain summed weights, altho at this point it is a minor problem. Also,
without any input from me, the x axis has moved to the right side of the
chart.  Is there some 'auto' feature that is rearranging the chart?

creating graphs from data from more than one query..
Hi, I'm trying to create a graph from data from more than one query. I have an average figure for each month, but want to put the data for 3 years (which is spread across 3 seperate queires) into one graph so i can look at all 3 figures for jan next to each other etc. I've tryed creating a new query which combines all 3 years averages but still when i use the wizard the graph does not show up how i want! can anyone help? thanks for your time! ...

Graph while ignoring text but not changing text to #NA
I have read how to trick excel into ignoring text within a series range by using =NA(). Is there a way to ignore the text in a xy scatter chart (i.e. does not plot as 0) but still keeps the text visible. For example on certain days a well is not sampled and so is left with "NM". I still want the "NM" to show so i can use that data in a report but would like to graph it as well. I realize that I could copy the data to a new location and get rid of the text there..however, my data is dynamically produced and I would rather not have to manual update my graph in that...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

today line on graph
Hi I have a graph with dates along the bottom up to about July this year. Along the 'y' axis is a set of figures up to around 9000 ish. There's 2 sets of lines on the graph for two data sets. I'd like to have a vertical line at the point of today's date if possible. TIA On your data sheet, generate a series with 2 points. Both points have X values of =TODAY(). One point has a Y value of zero, and the other has a Y value of Ymax from the rest of your data (9000 ish in your case). Add that data series as a new series on your graph. -- David Biddulph ...

What's the Best Approach to Show a Simple Line Graph and Summary Data?
All, I have an Excel worksheet that reads data from a DB and an ini file and performs some calculations on it. The ultimate goal is to show Weekly/Monthly/Yearly goals and progress to goals, both in a table of numbers and in a simple line graph. In the spreadsheet, I use some "Excel-Centric" formulas like SumIf, Month, Week, Year, etc. I would like to get this "creation" out of Excel and into either a Windows Forms Application or an ASP.Net page. I can't purchase any 3rd party controls. Any suggestions as to what the most straightforward path would b...

Bar Graph bars from opposite direction
I am graphing a few numbers in a bar graph. Typically, the bottom of the bar is "0", or the minimum value, and it goes UP to my data point. I would like the bar to come from the maximum direction. I guess it starts at Infinity, and goes 'down' to my data point. I already know "Reverse Order" exists, but that justs flips the graph upside down. (And the bars will start at 0 still) I know I could do some tricks and work-arounds to meet my needs....but just want to make sure there's not a quick way to do it. example: (bar graph of values "5", "...

Probability Graph
Hello, I am trying to create a probability graph. On the x-axis, I would like to have days (365 days). The Y-axis would represent a volume of liquid (from 0.4 to 32.0L). This water is shipped to a location every 6 days. The water comes either in 0.4 L, 23.5 L or 32.0 L per shipment. How would you construct a graph that would visually show this knowing also that you can only have two consecutive shipments of the same quantity (ie. Shipment 1=0.4, shipment 2=0.4 but shipment 3 could not equal 0.4). Thanks so much for your help Have you tried using the data analysis component of Exc...

Graph in Report
Hello- I am trying to include a graph in an Access report. The graph report is based off of a query. I built an unbound form named "ParamFormDept" with three text boxes, StartDate/EndDate/cboDept that the user enters the date and dept criteria into that they want the report for. When I run the query on its own, the data comes up correctly. When I run the report with the graph in it I get an error message saying "...does not recognize the name [forms]![ParamFormDept]![cboDate] as a valid field name or expression." My graphs row source says: PARAMETERS forms!Par...

how do i draw equillbrium graph?
I have to draw a Market Equillbrium graph, is there a way to draw in excel? Thanks First you'll have to tell us what a Market Equilibrium graph is. "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:039BE071-CB14-48BF-B27C-FEDCDF18AC73@microsoft.com... >I have to draw a Market Equillbrium graph, is there a way to draw in excel? > > Thanks T wrote: > I have to draw a Market Equillbrium graph, is there a way to draw in excel? > > Thanks --------------------- Do you mean a simple Supply & Demand graph as used in Economics? If so, you need ...

trouble synchronizing Money 2004 with MSN on the web
Everytime I try to synchronize MSN Money 2004 with MSN Money on the web, the program freezes up. I have never been able to access this function and cannot find any info on Microsoft's support sites. Any ideas? ...

Line and Column Graph
I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes with it. Ex- Pink bar and Pink Line Blue Bar and Blue Line Green Bar and Green Line Now all the lines line up on the middle bar which happens to be pink. I want each data point to line up with the correct color bar not with the middle bar. -- Thanks, Nikki What kind of bar chart do you have? Clustered, Stacked? "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F23DE85-B1AE-40FC-A0D2-47EF73FA08B2@microsoft.com... > I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes ...

Bar Graph with goal line
I am trying to make a bar graph of various rates. What i want on the graph along with the rates of individual performers is a horizontal line that signifies what the goal is. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E47B8480-9BC8-4039-B264-72119D914568@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a bar graph of various rates. What i want on the graph > along with ...

transparent data series on area graphs
I am having trouble using the "area graph with a 3-D visual effect" feature. The problem is that I want the front series to be transparent so that the back area is viewable from behind the front series. When I select the front series and go to [area->fill effects] there is a section there for setting transparency, which is exactly what I want to be able to use! BUT!, it is unavailable and nothing that I have tried has been effective in making it an option, or available, for my selected data series. HELP??? thanks much! AFAIK, transparency in charts is only built in t...

How can I make the graph omit blank cells in the data set?
Hi, I've been workin' on the problem below that I've written a few days ago but got no answers. It's easy to select spesific cells to another column for ex: cells belong to type A then I draw the graph but a new problem occured, there are empth cells and mygraph counts them next question: how can I omit the blank cells from my data set while graphing? Thx a lot :) Emre UNAL http://www.geocities.com/dusemre Main Problem: Hi, I have a mixed data set as exampled below, Type Value A 14 B 0.156 C 1.65 A 18 D 4...

How do i make two different lines on the same graph?
i have to make two different lines on the same graph. the numbers range from ..1-.3 on x-axis and 4-6 on y axis. How can i get the two lines on the same graph I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for here, but for starters, read the Excel help documents (use the Answer Wizard or the smartass Paper Clip to search these terms) - "Create a Chart," "Data Series," "Second Axis". Hopefully, one of them will have the answer to your specific question. Good luck! (Feel free to post with a more specific description of your dilemma as well). "Help&quo...

Trouble connecting to BB&T
It's been about a week now and Money 2006 won't connect/update my BB&T checking account, gives some error about not being able to connect. Same thing online too via MSN Money. It could be a Yodlee problem as I'm using the "third party" connect instead of the Money/Quicken way to connect to BB&T. What's the easiest way to fix this? or get this fixed by Microsoft? -- Tashfeen Bhimdi Microsoft is currently having issues with its third party provider try and a couple of days "Tashfeen Bhimdi" <tbhimdi@SPAMbhimdi.com> wrote in message news:50...

Graph to TIF
Does any one know how to convert an Excel graph into a tiff file please -- _____________________________________________ _____________________________________________ Mr J E Ellis University of Cambridge Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy Pembroke Street Cambridge CB2 3QZ England Tel + 44-(0) 1223 334346 Fax + 44-(0) 1223 334567 E-mail JEE22@MSM.CAM.AC.UK _____________________________________________ This works with either gif or jpg so I assume it should work for tif. Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\yourfolder\MyChart.gif", _ Fil...

hyperlink to a graph
I have a worksheet with a series of hyperlink to other worksheets in the same spreadsheet. I would like to create a link to a Graph within the spreadsheet, but Excel only lists the worksheets, not the graphs. Thanks for any advice on how to solve this. Vince Hi not possible without using VBA and triggering the selection_change event of your worksheet. Have a look at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon016 for some code -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vince wrote: > I have a worksheet with a series of hyperlink to other > worksheets in th...

sharing troubles
hey ya'll, got a prob. i like the track the changes in my excel sheets (so then i can curculate them through the office) but i tried to edit a graph today and found i couldn't until (after repeated smacking of my mouse and clicking on random things) i unshared the book. do i have to do this every time i edit this book? is there a way to keep it shared but be able to edit the graph? and why is it just the graphs i can't edit, everything else is unlocked. tia If you type "features unavailable" in the answer wizard of Excel's help, you'll find a list of things...

How do I add one line series to a bar graph?
I have a set of data for a budget. I have it set up as a bar grap with actual data for 2004, and to-date 2005, budget 2005, and 2005 forecast for the rest of the year, I want to be able to change just the 2005 forecast information into a line. When I try to use the combination graph it forces half the data series to become lines the budget 2005 and the 2005 forecast for example. I can circumvent this problem by creating "dummy" data series equial to zero so that their lines are non-existant, but I think there has to be a way to set it up so that this isn't necessary Ellio...

Graph #8
Hello, Can someone please tell me if this is indeed possible? I would like to make a graph with 2 different Y axis's. First I would like a stacked bar graph (easy on its own; the total range of this stacked graph will most likey be from 1-10). Essentially I am displaying the total number and the individually components of the stack. To accompany this, I was hoping to show with tick marks (a min and max) the cost range for implementing the number of changes in the total bar above. Thus the min and max are dependent on this number, Is this possible with custom graphs? If so, ho...

Print graph with fill effects
Hi there, I have a pie chart where the datapoints have different colours. The colours have fill effects (FormatDataPoint/FillEffects/Gradient - the colours are lighten up). Everthing lookes perfect on my report, but when I print it, the colours in the data points "float out" and shapes a rectangle around the data point (tallest and widest mark). The colours though are the right ones. This does not happend when I have the orginal-colours, only when I format the colours. Is there any setting that I should change or is it possible that Microsoft allows me to format my colours, but ...

Trouble with Leaving a copy on server
Hello, I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all it was is a check box. thanks Eric Stoakes <estoakes@digitalcircuitsolutions.com> wrote: > I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home > location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is > there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all > it was is a check box. That's all it is for Outlook 2003...

2 y axis, bar and line graph question
I am plotting 2 series of data against time. One series needs to be a line and the other a bar. I got it pretty close with the 'custom types' (built in)-- 'line - column on 2 axis'. However, this will only let me have the primary y-axis as the bar graph. Is it possible to customize this further so that the primary y-axis is the line and the secondary y-axis is the bar graph? Thanks, please help. Kyle ...

Need to graph weekly shipments of 3 classes of freight versus plan
I need to find a way to graph weekly shipments of 3 classes of freight versus planned shipments of the three classes. The graph should stack the 3 classes shipped next to a comparable stack of planned shipments. The x axis is time (weeks. ...