Getting rid of blank space

I have 5 reports that have a part name as the header record which is then
grouped on in the report and then a sub-report that have the heights, widths
and quantities of the different parts for that part name. I have put every
single CanShrink property to Yes (PartName Hdr, the sub-report control,
detail section on the sub-report and the size of the sub-report is at a
minimum height) and I still have blank spaces. On the grouping page I put the
keep together as No for the Part Name. But still I get extra space.

Craig

You don't mention where you get the extra space.

If there's a control with a value directly aligned (on the right, and
possible even on the left of a control that would be blank), that control
with a value will "hold open" the other (supposedly blank) control.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 5 reports that have a part name as the header record which is then
> grouped on in the report and then a sub-report that have the heights,
> widths
> and quantities of the different parts for that part name. I have put every
> single CanShrink property to Yes (PartName Hdr, the sub-report control,
> detail section on the sub-report and the size of the sub-report is at a
> minimum height) and I still have blank spaces. On the grouping page I put
> the
> keep together as No for the Part Name. But still I get extra space.

0
Jeff
7/27/2007 11:50:45 PM
Craig

Perhaps one of the other newsgroup readers has seen this.  I haven't.

>I notice the situation occurs if the next header item and then the
>sub-report
> won't fit.
>
> --Craig
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Craig
>>
>> You don't mention where you get the extra space.
>>
>> If there's a control with a value directly aligned (on the right, and
>> possible even on the left of a control that would be blank), that control
>> with a value will "hold open" the other (supposedly blank) control.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have 5 reports that have a part name as the header record which is
>> >then
>> > grouped on in the report and then a sub-report that have the heights,
>> > widths
>> > and quantities of the different parts for that part name. I have put
>> > every
>> > single CanShrink property to Yes (PartName Hdr, the sub-report control,
>> > detail section on the sub-report and the size of the sub-report is at a
>> > minimum height) and I still have blank spaces. On the grouping page I
>> > put
>> > the
>> > keep together as No for the Part Name. But still I get extra space.

0
Jeff

Getting a Sheet to Choose to Display Other Sheets
Hello, I have a payback workbook with about 6 different payback sheets, for the six different years in our payback range. I would like to create a master sheet and link the 6 different payback sheets to it, so whenever I change some numbers on my formulas sheet, the master sheet selects the correct payback sheet to be displayed. In short, I would like to know if I can program a sheet to display other entire sheets? Seems tricky to me, feel free to ask for clarification of the problem, It's difficult to word. Thanks as always, Kyle P. ...

New Idea of Getting Side $$$
To me, this is a new concept I found on the net. I think you'd better check it out at: http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=itmex Perhaps we can use the same concept to boost our income thru the net too. Regards, ACO ...

Getting a value from the last record
Hello, I have an inventory database. I have the sum of apples in my last record and want to subtract apples today from it. The value is the last record number from a table: Total apples (in last record) = 25 (new record) sell 5 apples = total apples = 20 me.total_apples = me.sell_apples + (last record me.total_apples) How can I get that last records me.total_apples. I do not have an open internet access so I can not go see alan browns web page only microsoft web pages. Thanks How will Access know what the last records is? Do they contain a DateTime tracking fiel...

how i can get tree view in view window
hi How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in view window not in dialog. Arbind Arbind wrote: > > hi > > How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in > view window not in dialog. > > Arbind CFormView is a view window that can contain a dialog template with many controls. CTreeView is a view window filled with a tree control. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

get the latest day of the previous month
hello, i have a date variable, and i would like with VBA to get the latest day from the previous month many thanks Function LastPrevDate(Dt As Date) As Date LastPrevDate = DateSerial(Year(Dt), Month(Dt), 0) End Function Sub test() MsgBox LastPrevDate(Now) End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Laurent M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:06a701c503b0$3a4b7bc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > > i have a date variable, and i would like with VBA to get > the latest day from the previous month > > many thanks In case you specified VBA be...

Form is appearing off the screen- how do I get it to come back?
I edited a Access form on a dual monitor machine, and now people with smaller monitors can't see it- where is the property to determine where it appears? ...

Blank page prints in between mail merged document
I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass mailings. When completing the mail merge, I edit the mail merge recipients and merge to new document. The first page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom, the second page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom etc. When I print the document a blank page comes out between my letters. In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page. How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters? Also, is it possible to then use the same e...

How can I get background fill in Publisher to cover a whole page
I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame which covers trhe whole page and has a background fill. When printing there is a white border all around, however big I make the frame. I am printing on A4 paper. How can I get this fil;l to cover right to the edges? Does your printer support full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "acmr" <acmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED29C702-96FD-44FF-ABAE-0196169147FD@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame >which >...

Formula to go into sub folders of main folder and get values from
I was hoping to have a formula similar to the one I have posted. This way it can go into the main folder, look through all other folders, find all report cards, and sum the value at the address so that I can have a grand total carried to my data base. Is this possible? Test 1 through 3 are folders all containing 1 file called 'report card'. Although called Test, these folders are actually different peoples names. =SUM('C:\NORTH BAY TIMMINS\TEST1,TEST2,TEST3\[REPORTCARD.XLS]Report Card'!$D$14) I wish to have a formula that will go into all the sub folders ...

getting window position?
For a *child* window, when you set position and size using CWnd::SetWindowPos, the positioning is relative to the client area of the parent window. I must be getting tired, because look as I might, I can't find an analagous call to get the window position for a child window in terms of the parent window client area. I'm not sure I can even see how to compute it from the screen position returned by CWnd::GetWindowRect. What am I missing? It's seems obvious the call must be there somewhere, but I'm not spotting it. Thanks. Is ScreenToClient what you want? HTH -- ======...

Where do all the pictures get stored?
Hi everyone, I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the message and then closing, opening then closing. Thank you very much! "Hashem Ouaida" <ouaidahahsem@hotmail.com> wrote in news:413cee2b$1$2161$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au: > Hi everyone, > > I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I > wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the > message and then closing, opening then closing. > > Thank you very much! See y...

The blank cells i need to count have formilas in
How do i write a fromula to add together diffeent ranges of cells that will count blank cells even if the blank has a formula in it. f 17:f12 + g23:g30+h5:h10 = 8 using excel 2007Vista Hi Rubber, If the blank cells with a formula in them has the value of zero, use COUNTA to count the cells and COUNTIF to count the zero values in each range, then subtract the two. =COUNTA(F12:F17)-COUNTIF(F12:F17,0) or fully =COUNTA(F12:F17)-COUNTIF(F12:F17,0)+COUNTA(g23:g30)-COUNTIF(g23:g30,0)+COUNTA(h5:h10)-COUNTIF(h5:h10,0) Squeaky "Rubber 4 u" wrote: > How do i w...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

Why not use Get External Data?
I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database that is 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at 1.99GB). How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an append query? Thanks, Cameron Cameron Tully-Smith previously wrote: > I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database > that is > 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at > 1.99GB). > > How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an > append query? > > Thanks, ...

disk space gone
Our storage group transaction volume for public folders and for another mail information store (not the log volume) supposedly has only 700MB left out of 24Gb. However, all the files in the volume only add up to around 9 Gb.There are only 4 files: the two stm's and the two edb's. There is no page file in the volume and I unhid system files and still didn't see any files. Do you have any idea where the rest of the 15 Gb is? I also checked the whitespace and it's up to around 167MB. On a side note, when should I be doing an offline defrag to remove this whitespace? When i...

How to get 2 Max values?
I have following 2 tables (T1, T2) and rows: T1 (Column: Id) ---- 1 2 3 4 T2 (Columns: Id, Value) ---- 1, 1 1, 2 1, 3 1, 4 2, 1 2, 2 2, 3 2, 4 3, 1 3, 2 3, 3 3, 4 4, 1 4, 2 4, 3 4, 4 The result-set I need is: --------------------------------------- 1, 3 1, 4 2, 3 2, 4 3, 3 3, 4 4, 3 4, 4 i.e for each Id from T1, I need 2 max values from T2. How do I write the query? Will this work? Select t1.Id, ( Select t2.Value From t2 Where t2.Id = t1.Id Order By Value Desc Limit 2 ) From t1 I keep getting subquery returns more than one...

Eliminating Blanks
Happen that I downloaded a huge list of items from a database, somehow the list is coming with blank spaces after the item and when I try to match the items with another list it can not find it, could somebody help me to see if there is a formula or way to eliminatesblank spaces after the las digit of the item number: I.E. R1J150 End of list downloaded R1J150End of my other list. Thanks in advance for your help Fernando Gomez Fernando Depending on the layout and content of your data, you could use Find/Replace to replace the spaces with nothing! Andy. "Fernando Gomez" <...

Pivot Data Field Blanks
I would like a Pivot table with data in all fields all rows even if the first column is repeated. I now have the following result: Company City Country AAA Manchester UK Manchester USA What I want is: Company City Country AAA Manchester UK AAA Manchester USA Any ideas? You can't do this and and keep it a pivottable. You could convert it to values (select, edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) (or do the same thing against a copy) Then use some of the techniques at Debra D...

Getting the main dialog in MFC
Is the a function to get the main dialog similar the the ::AfxGetMainWnd() to get the main window? Just AfxGetMainWnd() ? It'll return a CWnd pointer to your main window. Or do you mean in the WinAPI? Gordon Jeffrey wrote: > Is the a function to get the main dialog similar the the > ::AfxGetMainWnd() to get the main window? -- Maarten Kools ___________________________________________ Van Gennep - Media Automation Consulting bv Burg. Stramanweg 105 1101 AA Amsterdam The Netherlands Phone: +31-20-697 6029 Fax: +31-20-697 2249 E-mail: mkools@vangennep.nl WWW: http://www.van...

How to get Total form lookup fields
I have the table Table Herd IDUT Autonumber CodFarmer txt CodSemester txt CodAnimal txt (lookup) AnimalQuantity number AnimalUnit number I create the following sql to get the AnimalCarryingCapacity SELECT F2Herd.CodFarmer, F2Herd.CodFarmer, F2Herd.CodAnimal, F2Herd.AnimalQuantity, F2Herd. AnimalQuantity, [F2Herd]![ AnimalQuantity]*[F2Herd]![AnimalUnit] AS AnimalCarryingCapacity FROM F2Herd WHERE (((F2Herd.CodFarmer)="11") AND ((F2Herd. ...

Charting with irregularly spaced x-axis
Hi Trying to make a chart where the x axis is number-of-days from a start-date, and y axis is a value measured on the particular date. For example, the columns may be: Date Days from Start Measurement 02/12/09 1 120 06/12/09 5 134 09/12/09 8 118 18/12/09 17 109 etc. I want a line chart showing the measurement vs days which I can do - BUT... I would like the x axis (days from start) to be spaced according to the number of days, which as you can see from the above are not evenly spaced. In other words, if there have been several days between measurements, I want a longer gap on t...

unable to get the email in CRM.
iam implementing MS CRM at the client place.CRM Application has been installed on '5555' port.Email router has been successfully installed on the exchange server. when i send the mail from one user's mailbox to other user's mailbox through web mail, the mail has been transfered to that user through crm mailbox.But when i create the email activity and sending to a user, it hasn't been appearing any where. the mail was not coming to the user's mailbox also.i can't even find where the mail was going also.i have checked all the properties in organization settings...

Microsoft gets convicted for piracy and loses appeal
And they have the nerve to self righteously whine about people pirating their products when they have no problem pirating others' products. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142611/Court_rejects_Microsoft_appeal_bans_Word_sales -- Alias Alias wrote: > And they have the nerve to self righteously whine about people pirating > their products when they have no problem pirating others' products. > > http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142611/Court_rejects_Microsoft_appeal_bans_Word_sales > > You got anything else better to do? Vista...

How can I remove blank spaces from fields
Hi, I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are not recognised as being true duplicates. My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data? e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld nozzaworld nozza world Many thanks -- nozzaworld Hi, I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter =trim(A1) Overwrite column A with new column copying as value "nozzaworld" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a column o...

Files created from previous versions appear blank
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on my Mac (running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) and when I load worksheets created in Excel 2001 or open excel attachments from mail, the worksheets appear blank. The underlying cell contents are there but do not display although some of the formatting can be seen. If I format cells and use another font I can see the contents (although this sometimes requires two or three attempts) <br><br>Any Ideas? ...