Formatting detail section w/two lines

HELP, I'm trying to create the below in a report, but when I align the
"title" field below the "name" field and the "background" field is more than
one line, the "title" is no longer directly underneath the name. Is there
anyway to accomplish this?

Name	Background
Title

Thanks for your expertise!

Sincerely,
Cynteeuh

A couple of things to try.
1-  Size Backgroundbigger than two lines and set Can Shrik to No.
2-  Combine Name and Title into a single text box and set Can Grow to Yes.
       =[Name] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Title]

--
Build a little, test a little.

"cynteeuh" wrote:

> HELP, I'm trying to create the below in a report, but when I align the
> "title" field below the "name" field and the "background" field is more than
> one line, the "title" is no longer directly underneath the name. Is there
> anyway to accomplish this?
>
> Name	Background
> Title
>

> Thanks for your expertise!
>
> Sincerely,
> Cynteeuh

How to make a z report in off line mode?
How do i make a z report in the off line mode? In the off line mode the system doesn't let me do the z report, so how can i get today's transaction report? I believe you can only get a Z when you're back online. Note that the offline sales will be added to a blind closeout when you go back online, which you'll need to close off in the manager program. You may have to add the totals to the other Z read for the day. "TJW" wrote: > How do i make a z report in the off line mode? In the off line mode the > system doesn't let me do the z report, so how ...

Invoicing select lines (or "releases") from a Sales Order
In Great Plains 7.5... I'm trying to choose the best way to handle a very common business transaction we encounter with sales orders having multiple releases. For example, a customer orders 300 Widgets as 3 lines of 100 widgets each. Each line has a different delivery due date, such as 100 pcs Feb 1, 100 pcs Mar 1, and 100 pcs Apr 1. The problem happens when we go to "transfer to invoice" for the individual releases. We want a clear for the invoice to be only for a particular release, and for it to be clear in the original order as to what lines still remain to be s...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Conditional Formatting #18
I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color code some cells, I want to say, If C1 = 0 then highlight A1 in red, how would I do that. Thanks Michelle 1st: select "Formula Is" instead of "Cell Value Is" in the left dropdown. The rest of the line changes to one long textbox. Enter "=$C$1=0" (no quotes) then select your format style from "format" button and "color" dropdown. that should do it. >-----Original Message----- > >I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color >code some cells, I wan...

Conditional formating #7
Need help figuring out a formula please. If "date entered" in cell exceedes todays date by 4 days, then format the cell background "Red". Thanks so much for any help you can give. -- Unplugged ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unplugged's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564685 Use a formula of =A2>=TODYA()+4 where A2 is assumed as the first cell with CF "Unplugged" <Unplugged.2bi5mq_1153833004...

conditional formating in Access
how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:43:00 -0800, sudyl wrote: > how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form Max of What? Select the control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Select Expression Is As the expression write: [ThisControlName] = Max([ThisControlName]) Select the colors wanted. Save the change -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Complicated conditional formatting
Here's a breakdown of what I'm trying to do...Employee scheduling worksheet that is easy to read and follow. There are 5 functions employees can have, each given a specific color via conditional formatting. Each column represents a period of time during the work day, each row a different employee. As it stands now, for the duration that the employee will work, I simply enter a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 corresponding to their function, and it will color each cell with that value. The problem I run into, is in a separate sheet, I'm wanting to use conditional formatting to apply the same c...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

How to convert US date format to European
My computer is set up to use the European style dates (ddmmyyyy), not the USA-style dates (mmddyyyy format). So if I enter "01/06/05" I get a date of 01-June-2005. However when I download some information in CSV format at times that same date is formatted like this: "06/01/05". However this is interpreted as 06-January-2005 in the spreadsheet. How can I convert the US formatted values to European, in effect swapping the first two numbers? Thanks T Meisner -- 1025 Osborne Rd., New Germany, NS, Canada B0R 1E0 Rename the .csv file to .txt File|open that .txt file...

Conditional Formatting 12-16-09
Hello, with a text entry containing 2 different fonts, like "?" (Font Symbol), then "Customers" (Font Arial), Conditional Formatting seems to apply only to the first font element (?) whereas the second element remains untouched by CF. Is there a workaround (so that the entry "? Customers" as a whole undergoes CF) ? Thank you in advance. H.G. Lamy ...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

Date format of 0 and if statements
I have an is statment as such: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,,'Raw Data'!A5) This issue I have is when I format fields as "date" and the reference cell = 0 excel formates the cell as 01/00/00. I have also used the formula: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,"",'Raw Data'!A5) The issue I have is I want to create graphs of this data in a dynamic fashion, but when the data range of the graph encounters either "" or 1/00/00 as a date, it plots it as a data point. I need a way to make my IF statment to produce a BLANK or EMPTY cell. Is there a key word in...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

stack overflow at line: .....
I use excel to display urls online and recently when the application opens, I get the message, ' stack overflow at line: ..... I get this message whenever I click on a different worksheet - there are 15 sheets in the whole display. Can anyone help me get rid of this annoying error message that keeps popping up. You'll need to post the macro code. "brunetto" <henrylacroix@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1132439912.196559.165500@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I use excel to display urls online and recently when the application > opens, I get the message, ...

Which trend line?
I need to interpolate some data points. But I am not sure which kind of trend line should I draw? There appears to be many different kind.. I do not need a super fanciful one. My main purpose is really to find the trend (literally) so which one should i use? Polynomial? and also how do i know how many order? (what is a order anyway?) I am sorry to ask such stupid questions, but i am a new beginner to advanced charts. I usually only need to plot simple charts. and microsoft help is not as advanced for idiots like me =p joyous_h wrote: > I need to interpolate some data points. But I a...

500 Command line too long
I get the above error from sending emails to only one recipient. Our Configuration. . . MDaemon 7.1.0 -> Cisco 831 router Their configuration is. . . Windows ISA server -> Norton Corporate (v8.5) Email Gateway -> Exchange 5.5 Below are the log entries for the failed connection. We are not having problems sending email to any other recipients. From the I can't tell which one of their three servers is actually the one that is rejecting the email. Does anyone have any experience with one of these servers wrongly issuing the "500 Command line too long" errors? Fri ...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Conditional Formatting
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet with 79,000 cells of information in rows and columns. On a separate worksheet I have 5,000 cells of information. I would like any information in the first sheet that is in the second sheet to turn to red. For example. Sheet1, column A hellothere howareyou iamfine Sheet2, column A hellothere iamfine I would like the two strings in sheet one which appear in sheet 2 to turn red, leaving the middle string black. Is there a way to do a lookup to compare the cell value to a range using conditional formatting? Thanks for any help. Mxx -- murphyz -----...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

Conditional formating #20
I need help with conditional formating. I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. A the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Select the row. Enter: CF1: Formula is =$D30 = "certain value" Format1: Patterns/<changed color> In article <smith.james0.1ssb2d...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...