Formatting currency within a report text box expression

I'm trying to create a mail merge letter from a 2007 ACCB database using a
report (Word can't cope with the filter)

To keep the text flowing to allow for expansion of various field values,
I've put the following in a text box.

="According to my records you " & [Expr2] & " " & [KEYNO] & ", have made a
total payment of " & [PAID] & " comprising a permit fee of " & [PERMIT£] & "
and key deposit of " & [KEY£] & ".  Therefore " & [Expr1]

Ignoring Expr1 & 2 which are text statements and [KEYNO] which is a 4 digit
integer The £0.00 values of  [PAID], [PERMIT£] and [KEY£] simply won't
display as 2dp currency values even though the text box format is so set and
their query values are indeed currency.

I could break up the expression into a number of boxes so that it does work
but getting the letter layout right is a nightmare.

Any suggestions welcome

Pete

Pete,

You could try formatting the currency fields like this :-

....payment of " & Format([PAID],"Currency") & " compr....

Peter Hibbs.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:11:01 -0700, Parish Pete
<ParishPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to create a mail merge letter from a 2007 ACCB database using a
>report (Word can't cope with the filter)
>
>To keep the text flowing to allow for expansion of various field values,
>I've put the following in a text box.
>
>="According to my records you " & [Expr2] & " " & [KEYNO] & ", have made a
>total payment of " & [PAID] & " comprising a permit fee of " & [PERMIT�] & "
>and key deposit of " & [KEY�] & ".  Therefore " & [Expr1]
>
>Ignoring Expr1 & 2 which are text statements and [KEYNO] which is a 4 digit
>integer The �0.00 values of  [PAID], [PERMIT�] and [KEY�] simply won't
>display as 2dp currency values even though the text box format is so set and
>their query values are indeed currency.
>
>I could break up the expression into a number of boxes so that it does work
>but getting the letter layout right is a nightmare.
>
>Any suggestions welcome
>
>Pete
0
Peter

Multi Currency Revaluation Option
We have a cash account in Canada. The amount is reflected properly in our system in Canadian dollars. We changed the exchange rate at the beginning of the year. We would like to reflect this change on my beginning balances for the year 2005. When I try to run the revaluation for finance series for this account, it doesn't update the beginning balances. How do i update my beginning balances in functional currency? Try running a revalue for the last period of the prior year. Don't post it, just print to make sure it is doing what you want. (You may need to open up the fiscal perio...

open two different Access reports

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Input to custom reports

Fractions Number format

parameter for text

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Can't configure Outlook Express

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date format 04-11-06

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...