Format of linked graphics file

I have designed a report to link to graphics files.  Somewhere along the
line I read that .wmf or .emf files are best suited to the purpose.  I think
that was in Access Help, but I can't find it now.  Anyhow, is there a reason
for choosing one graphics file format over another for this purpose?  The
files are images of handwritten signatures, which means the resolution
requirements are not as high as they would be for something like photos, in
case that matters in selecting the format.

0
BruceM

Export to XML file
Hello, I am using Access 2007 I have a table that I want to export it to XML file. I am able to do this by using export data> xml..... The problem that I have is that in my table, one of the fields can have null value. When I open the exported XML file, I expect to see <field1></field1> if the field1 is null value for that record. But I don't see this at all. How can I force Access to export null value to xml as well? thanks a lot, Boon ...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

the Personalize Workplace link, has disappeared.
the Personalize Workplace link, Under Workplace, has disappeared. any ideas why, and how can i return it? I don't believe it's a permissions issue, since it happened to users with the system administrator's role, as well... Thanks in advance. Amit, So that I understand, you are referncing the personalize workplace link on the left hand side of work place. This picture might help: http://availabletech.net/docs/ng/PersonalizeWorkplaceLink.JPG I can tell you that there are no KBs about this. You may want to try rerunning the CRM install to correct and error that might have oc...

open an email via a database link
I am using Access/Outlook 2003. I want to be able to capture metadata about emails received in a resource account. I can do this via a linked table in Access to the Inbox from Outlook. When the users are looking to see (via the Access database) what emails have come in and need to be responded to, I want them to be able to click on a link in the Access form that will show the information about the email, and have the specific Outlook email open. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

Is there an equivalent of .mda files for Excel?
If you develop an Access application, you can hide your source code by converting the .mdb file into an .mda file. Is there an equivalent for Excel applications? Thanks ..xla, Then Tools | Addins..., to add the file. ..xla is the format for Excel add-in. However, it does not necessarily hide your code in VBA, if that was what you want. Whether it is .xls or .xla, you can only "hide" VBA code by password-protecting the VBA project, which is a weak protection. If you really want to hide your VBA code from viewing by others, the better approach would be to move most of your...

What is the criteria for the type attribute for the section element in application config file.
Hi! In Main below I use the GetSection to fetch a specific section from the app config file. When I specify which sectionhandler to use I use the type attribute on the section element in this way see (*) below. This section is part of the whole app config file which is listed at the bottom. (*) <sectionGroup name="MyFirstSectionGroup"> <section name="MyFirstSection" type="ConfigTest.MyFirstSectionHandler, ClassLibrary1" /> </sectionGroup> Now to my question ClassLibrary1 in the type argument above is a class library wher...

existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog box. The files are there, we see them in the folder list. Is there a setting I'm missing? -- Fonda K Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft...

Linking Child/Master on Report
I have a query that my main report is based upon and then I have inserted a graph which runs off of a query. However, I want the graph to change based upon the LastName field but it won't allow me to do that. I keep getting the following dialog box when I try to link child to master: "Can't build a link between unbound forms." Even if I put in "LastName" for the child and Master links, the report then comes out blank. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or am missing in my report? ...

Conditional Format if not formula
I wish to use Conditional Formatting to highlight a cell if a formula is overwritten by a manual number. The cells typically have formulas but there are times a manual number must be inserted in the cell, it is then I want the cell to be highlighted. Is there a formula that can be used in Conditional Formatting that will do this? Thanks for your time, Gary Gary, You could use the change event: copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code into the window that appears. You can either remove or modify this line If Intersect(Target, ...

can not find graphic convert for Publisher 2000
- some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not draw up photos. States that need Graphic Converter. No sign of them on MS site. Have cleared PC of all old publisher but still no luck in using it again. It still states can not convert picture Martyn Long Hi Martyn Long (Martyn Long@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || - some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find || new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not || draw up photos. States ...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

conditional formatting of a textbox on a continuous subform
I have a continuous subform with (3) fields displayed (in 3 controls: 2 checkboxes, one enabled, one not), and a textbox I would like the "locked" property of the text box, determined by the value of the locked checkbox (it's status is set through some VBA code elswhere in the project...) -on a record-by-record basis is this possible? thanks in advance, mark some of the records are always locked, some are always not locked (it depends whether the information may or may not be edited) I would like to user to have a visual clue as to which record can or cannot be... wi...

Providing a link to files on a netword
I would like to create a link from Accounts to certain folders in our shared network drive. I thought there might be a way to do this by creating a new URL attribute, attaching it to the Accounts entity and then simply typing in the path to the file. For example J:\accountfile However when you click on it a web browser page opens and it obviously cannot find anything. I cant think of any other way to do this, I would appricate it if anyone knew a way to get around this? I wrote an article on an easy way to show Windows Explorer directories and files in an iframe on a CRM account r...

'no data found' in 28MB pst file?
I used a utility to repair a suspected bad pst file and that was the results, 'no data found'. Is this possible? Yes, this is possible since "white spaces" exist in a pst-file. Can you still open the original file? If so; create a new pst-file and copy the available data into the newly created pst-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Frank" <h@rack.com> wrote in message news:4e5Gc.5757$ne6.1151@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... >I ...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...

Oft Files #2
I need to set up an "OFT" file which I already understand but I need to add a JPEG file to it. The problem I have is that when I have added this but then I send it to a recipient they are receiving it without the JPEG File attached to it. Is there any way around this please as I need to set this up as a standard. I am using rich text format and word as email editor and need these to be set as standard which I have already done. Thanks. Sharon Rich Text as standard? Not a realy good way to go unless you know all the recipients have Rich Text support. Are these internal re...

Saving Message to a file
I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I can do this on my computer, but my clients computer keeps wantting to save the file as HTML. We are using Outlook 2000. We are using the same email message so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this to be different. Thank you for any insight that you can provide, Ken Have him click on the dropdown for SAVE AS TYPe. MSG should be on option. >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I >can do this on my computer, ...

Format Inserted Excel Table
I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document (saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu. I would like to remove the gridlines. How does one do this? In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic. Thanks. --ron On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote: >I h...

Format Numbers
How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time calculations? Left out that I need them to change automaticlly "DMJohnson" wrote: > How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time > calculations? Have a look at Data/Conditional Formatting. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49742 ...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

send/receive error message: outlook data file cannot be accessed
After many problems with my pc, I had to reformat my harddrive. i reinstalled Office 2010 Beta and now I can't send or receive email. it worked for the first hour or so, but now I get the error message. I researched on these forums for solutions and found some suggestions (delete all data and .pst files, etc.) but none have fixed my problem. I have tried creating a new data file from within Outlook and deleting all outlook data and .pst files, but still it says it cant be accessed. now that I think of it, all these problems may have started after I compacted my pst file....

open excel file in word
I have an application that use’s VBA for Word that opens an Excel file in Word and then cuts & pastes from the Excel data to a Word template. Works fine in Office 2000. In Office 2003 it works fine on one computer but not on another. One the that works I get a msgbox asking – This file needs to be opened by the Microsoft Excel Worksheet text Converter – when I choose ‘Yes’ the file is converted and things work. On the other computer I get a window ‘File Conversion’. Select the encoding that makes your document readable. Of chooses available the Excel file is converted to an unreadable j...

Cell text formatting
Hi, I am working with cells that are formatted as Text and set to Wrap. However, when I enter text that wraps to multiple lines, and I move focus off of that cell, all that appears there are ##################### characters. If I select the cell again, I can see that the data still exists there. Has anyone seen this? If so, what causes this? And how does one fix this? Thanks in advance, Tom . ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The # symbol indicat...

Percent Format: Allow user to type Percent, not decimal?
Seems like when a field's underlying value is a decimal amount, but the presentation format on a field in a form is "Percent", the user still has to type the decimal equivalent of the percent when editing the field. e.g. CouponRate=.05437 is shown as "5.437%", but when the user clicks into the field to type something, they have to type, for instance, ". 04798" to get 4.798 percent to show. Seems logical from one perspective, but my users don't care for it. I can think of one way to handle this, using event code, but I'm wondering if there is a Good-...