Force the group footer to print on the first page

Hello,

Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
page of an Access 2007 Report?

Thank you in advance.

Hello "VBNovice10".

"VBNovice10" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
> page of an Access 2007 Report?

You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
format event, using a line like this:

Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang
5/28/2010 7:42:29 AM
Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work.  The group footer still
did not appear on the first page.  I may have to reconsider my report design.

Thank you again.

"Wolfgang Kais" wrote:

> Hello "VBNovice10".
>
> "VBNovice10" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
> > page of an Access 2007 Report?
>
> You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
> format event, using a line like this:
>
> Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Wolfgang
>

> .

"the code didn't work" does not convey much information
beyond the fact that you did not like the result.

AFAICS, Wolfgang's code does what you asked for, so I am
guessing that there may be a flaw in your question or
terminology.  Note that group footers only print at the end
of the group and do not have much at all to do with where a
page boundary happens to be.  Maybe you really meant to say
page footer??
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

VBNovice10 wrote:
>Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work.  The group footer still
>did not appear on the first page.  I may have to reconsider my report design.
>
>"Wolfgang Kais" wrote:
>> "VBNovice10" wrote:
>> > Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
>> > page of an Access 2007 Report?
>>
>> You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
>> format event, using a line like this:
>>
>> Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)

0
Marshall
6/2/2010 6:12:18 PM
Hello.

"VBNovice10" wrote:
> Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work. The group footer
> still did not appear on the first page. I may have to reconsider my
> report design.

As Marshall Barton said, make sure that the section you associate the
code with is indeed the section you want to hide/display, and that the
name of the section used in code is correct. Always keep in mind that
a group footer will be displayd below the last detail record of
the group (on the same page, provided that there is enough space).
You could also verify the ForceNewPage property of the group footer.
Did you accidently set this property to "before section"?
You said "the group footer still did not appear on the first page".
Still? I thought that is WAS displayed and you wanted it to be displayed
ONLY on the first page? What is the page number of the desired page?

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang
6/3/2010 7:20:48 AM
My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.

My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
footer which takes up the entire last page.

I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
middle of a group section?

Thank you for your help.  Please let me know if you need more detail.

VBNovice10 wrote:

>My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>
>My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>footer which takes up the entire last page.
>
>I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>middle of a group section?

No.  If the group footer displays some kinds of totals for
the group, those totals may not have been calculated until
the last detail has been processed.  In that case it would
not make sense to try to print that kind of total the way
you want.

In some situations, a report can be made to use the page
footer to display something different (not running sum
totals) on specific pages, but this can get kind of
messy/tricky.  If there is some way to fake what you want,
we would have to know a whole bunch of details about what
you need to display in this simulated "group footer".

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Next, in the page footer add the necessary labels and a set of unbound text
box controls which reference the controls in the group header, e.g.

=[SomeControl]
=[SomeOtherControl]

and so on.

In the page footer's Format event procedure hide the controls in the page
footer after page 1 with:

    Me.[SomeLabel].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[txtSomeControl].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[SomeOtherLabel].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[txtSomeOtherControl].Visible = (Page = 1)

and so on.

This does of course mean that the page footer needs to be deep enough to hold
the controls, and as the page footer has no CanShrink property its depth will
be the same on subsequent pages, so you'll have some empty white space
between the bottom of the last detail on the page and the page number.

The above does what you asked in your first post, which is to show it only on
the "first page of an Access 2007 Report".  However, I wonder whether you
really want it on the first page of each group?  If so you'd need a slightly
different approach:

First declare a variable in the report's module's Declarations area:

Dim intPage As Integer

Then in the group header's Format event procedure assign the value of the
current page to the variable:

    intPage = Page

Then in the page footer's Format event procedure show the controls only if
the page is the first page of a group:

    Me.[txtSomeControl].Visible = (Page = intPage)
    Me.[txtSomeOtherControl].Visible = (Page = intPage)

and so on.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

VBNovice10 wrote:
>My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>
>My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>footer which takes up the entire last page.
>
>I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>middle of a group section?
>
>Thank you for your help.  Please let me know if you need more detail.
>
>> Hello.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>> Still? I thought that is WAS displayed and you wanted it to be displayed
>> ONLY on the first page? What is the page number of the desired page?

KenSheridan
6/7/2010 5:16:22 PM
Thank you for your quick response.  As far as faking it, here are some
details of my report.  My current group footer contains 4 signature blocks
tracking items exchanged from one person to another person.  There are five
columns (Item#, Date, Released By, Received By, and Purpose, respectively).
The 4 rows track four different exchanges between individuals.  The
information in this section is provided post printing and the framework is
needed only on the bottom of the first page.  There is no computing or
calculations required to be filled into this section prior to printing.

Please let me know if you need further information or if my description is
unclear.

Thank you.

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> VBNovice10 wrote:
>
> >My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
> >Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
> >items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
> >report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
> >
> >My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
> >on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
> >database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
> >footer which takes up the entire last page.
> >
> >I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
> >print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
> >section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
> >middle of a group section?
> >

> No.  If the group footer displays some kinds of totals for
> the group, those totals may not have been calculated until
> the last detail has been processed.  In that case it would
> not make sense to try to print that kind of total the way
> you want.
>
> In some situations, a report can be made to use the page
> footer to display something different (not running sum
> totals) on specific pages, but this can get kind of
> messy/tricky.  If there is some way to fake what you want,
> we would have to know a whole bunch of details about what
> you need to display in this simulated "group footer".
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
> .

So all you need is a row of labels and 4 rows of empty boxes
(plus the pagemumber?), right?  If so, you can do what Ken
suggested.

If you need to reduce the space used by the page footer to
just the page number on the other pages, then that's where
it gets tricky.  One rule about changing the height of the
page footer section is that it needs to be done in a page
**header** event procedure.  Another thing is that you can
not reduce the height of a section so the section's bottom
is above the bottom of the lowest control in the section.
This means that the controls have to be moved up in the
section first (the opposite is true when you move a control
down in the section).  A vague outline of the page header
code would be something like:

Const ROWHGT = .25*1440		' 1/4 inch each
Select Case Me.Page
Case 1
	Me.Section(4).Height = 6*ROWHGT
	Me.txtPageNum.Top = 5*ROWHGT
	Me.lblItem.Visible = True
	Me.lblDate.Visible = True
	 . . .
	For k = 1 to 4
		Me("boxItem" & k).Visible = True
		Me("boxItem" & k).Top = k*ROWHGT
		Me("boxDate" & k).Visible = True
		Me("boxDate" & k).Top = k*ROWHGT
		 . . .
	Next k
Case 2
	Me.txtPageNum.Top = 0
	Me.lblItem.Visible = False
	Me.lblDate.Visible = False
	 . . .
	For k = 1 to 4
		Me("boxItem" & k).Visible = False
		Me("boxItem" & k).Top = 0
		Me("boxDate" & k).Visible = False
		Me("boxDate" & k).Top = 0
		 . . .
	Next k
	Me.Section(4).Height = ROWHGT
End Select
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

VBNovice10 wrote:
>Thank you for your quick response.  As far as faking it, here are some
>details of my report.  My current group footer contains 4 signature blocks
>tracking items exchanged from one person to another person.  There are five
>columns (Item#, Date, Released By, Received By, and Purpose, respectively).
>The 4 rows track four different exchanges between individuals.  The
>information in this section is provided post printing and the framework is
>needed only on the bottom of the first page.  There is no computing or
>calculations required to be filled into this section prior to printing.
>

>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> VBNovice10 wrote:
>>
>> >My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>> >Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>> >items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>> >report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>> >
>> >My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>> >on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>> >database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>> >footer which takes up the entire last page.
>> >
>> >I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>> >print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>> >section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>> >middle of a group section?
0
Marshall

Splitting First and Last Names
I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? Hi use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jamie wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? "Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both >first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do &g...

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Print Report "Bold" Font Category Name Problems
When I print income/expense reports in MS Money 2006 the category names do not print in bold, making them very difficult to read since they end up as the same font as the sub categories. On the screen, category names are bolded. Does anyone know how to fix this print problem? ...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Forcing String Literal as Wide Character Unicode
Hello, I am under the impression that using _T("...") will convert my string literal to either a char or a wchar depending on what is defined, but I would like to force my string literal to be a Unicode String ( i.e wchar_t ) How would I do that? Would it be something like: wchar_t string[] = "hi"; something like that? Or is there a way to force my literal string to be unicode? "sleeper" <TheFakeJon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159489470.136737.259600@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I am under the impression that using _T("...&q...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Exchg2003 First Storage Error
Exchange Enterprise 2003, SP1 on Win2003 - When I attempt to view the mailbox information store within First Storage Group I get an error (Id no. 80040d1b). The only ref. to this error I have found is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817309 - checked my registry & server - they match; registry looks fine. I also am getting Veritas Exchg Info Store errors - "database corrupted". I ran the Eseutil defrag - ran successful, but still can't see mailboxes. I found MS tech net info that suggests re-installing Exchange (to repair): http://www.micr...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

one page academic calendar for 2004-05
Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for notes In Publisher, go to File > New > Print Publication > Calendar and create your own. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "shopperbev" <shopperbev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0940CD82-2A40-4932-982A-122ABFB41497@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for > notes ...

Move pages from document to document?

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

printer not printing in black or red
I have an Epsom sx200 printer, I have recently changed the red and the black ink and now it will not print in these colours. I can not open the ink unit to check it is replaced correctly, the ink that I have used is different to the normal Epsom ink that I have been using in the past (more ink for less money). please could someone help? Thanks Andy Not in a Word forum! It's not impossible that Epson will claim you voided your warranty by using alien inks. On May 23, 7:30=A0am, Andy Banks <Andy Ba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Epsom sx200 pri...

page numbering
I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header. Currently the date is day/month/year. I want month/day/year. setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell. How do I set the date format in the header and footer? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub ...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

11x17 Printing
I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta C-350 purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any help. Are you the same person who posted the same question earlier this week? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mulkey" <Mulkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57FAAC5-C73A-4C07-B1D1-7E32E3481B3E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta >C-350 > purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any > help. I may...

how to format and print labels from an excel file
I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four cells. How can I do this? You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print during the setup in Word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a t...