Extra blank line on report

Access 2003...

I have a report with a group header and detail lines.

The group header has a fixed size, and set to neither grow nor shrink.  The
bottom-most control in the group header is a horizontal line (to set it
apart from the details that follow).

The detail contains one row of controls, but one of these is set so it can
grow (in case the text doesn't fit on the single line).  The detail section
itself is set to shrink, but NOT to grow.  Some of the controls have "Hide
Duplicates" set to yes ... but I don't see what this has to do with the
problem.

Here's what happens:  Between the group header and the first detail line, I
always get what appears to be a single blank line.  This appears immediately
following the header's horizontal line and the first line of the detail
section.  There's only one blank line ... not one before each detail line.

And this occurs for EVERY group header (and its details) in the entire
report.

I've checked the sizes and other attributes of the controls, etc., and can
find nothing wrong!

Any clues??

bob

0
Bob

SOLVED!  This is one "for the books"!

The group header (where grow and shrink are both set to "No" at the group
level) contains a text box where I sometimes insert a comment.  The text box
was set to shrink ... but not to grow.  This should not affect the
formatting of the header (since it can't grow or shrink).

When that text box contains a comment that FILLS THE BOX TO THE BOTTOM, then
the problem of the blank line occurs.  But when the text box does not
contain anything, or its text does not fill it all the way to the bottom,
then that text box shrinks.

And somehow that caused the entire header section to grow!  Perhaps this is
because I set the fontsize for that text box in the VBA code.

But this should not cause the SECTION to grow ... ever!  It is set to
neither grow nor shrink.

It's fixed, but I would say this is an error in Access 2003.

bob

"Bob Howard" <info@churchtrax.com> wrote in message
> Access 2003...
>
> I have a report with a group header and detail lines.
>
> The group header has a fixed size, and set to neither grow nor shrink.
> The bottom-most control in the group header is a horizontal line (to set
> it apart from the details that follow).
>
> The detail contains one row of controls, but one of these is set so it can
> grow (in case the text doesn't fit on the single line).  The detail
> section itself is set to shrink, but NOT to grow.  Some of the controls
> have "Hide Duplicates" set to yes ... but I don't see what this has to do
> with the problem.
>
> Here's what happens:  Between the group header and the first detail line,
> I always get what appears to be a single blank line.  This appears
> immediately following the header's horizontal line and the first line of
> the detail section.  There's only one blank line ... not one before each
> detail line.
>
> And this occurs for EVERY group header (and its details) in the entire
> report.
>
> I've checked the sizes and other attributes of the controls, etc., and can
> find nothing wrong!
>
> Any clues??
>
> bob

0
Bob

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Report Format

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Sequentially number lines automatically

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

How to prevent line breaks in XML file?
I am creating XML from SQL2000 using a vb.net page, then posting it to a remote server as a string. The remote server requires that the xml contain no line breaks, but there are some ntext fields in the database that contain long text with line breaks. How do I get rid of the line breaks? Can I do this with the XmlTextWriter, or do I need to handle each affected field seperately before handing it to the XmlTextWriter? Thanks Leslie les wrote: > How do I get rid of the line breaks? Can I do this with the > XmlTextWriter, or do I need to handle each affected field seperately > bef...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...