extra blan page

I have a report and set footer force new page after section.

The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new
page after section.

Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of
report when the report force new page after footer section set?

Your information is great appreciated,
0
iccsi

iccsi wrote:
I have a report and set footer force new page after section.

>The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new
>page after section.
>
>Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of
>report when the report force new page after footer section set?

Which footer?
What other sections does the report have?

In most(?) cases, you can set some(?) section's ForceNewPage
to Before Section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
On Feb 3, 2:01=A0pm, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
> iccsi wrote:
>
> I have a report and set footer force new page after section.
>

> >The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new
> >page after section.
>
> >Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of
> >report when the report force new page after footer section set?
>
> Which footer?
> What other sections does the report have?
>
> In most(?) cases, you can set some(?) section's ForceNewPage
> to Before Section.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

It is group footer.
If I set before section on the group header then there will be empty
page in the begining of the report.

Thanks again,
0
iccsi
2/3/2010 8:04:28 PM
iccsi wrote:

>On Feb 3, 2:01�pm, Marshall Barton wrote:
>> iccsi wrote:
>>
>> I have a report and set footer force new page after section.
>>

>> >The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new
>> >page after section.
>>
>> >Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of
>> >report when the report force new page after footer section set?
>>
>> Which footer?
>> What other sections does the report have?
>>
>> In most(?) cases, you can set some(?) section's ForceNewPage
>> to Before Section.
>
>It is group footer.
>If I set before section on the group header then there will be empty
>page in the begining of the report.

No, Access does not generate an **empty** page at the start
of a report.  You may get a new page after the report header
or a higher level group header.  If you have no higher level
group headers abd nothing in the report header and still get
a blank page at the start of the report, then set the report
header's Height to 0 or make it invisible.

If all else fails, you'll have to find a place to turn off
the group footer's ForceNewPage **before** the group footer
is formatted, maybe in the last group's header.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
On Feb 3, 7:12=A0pm, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
> iccsi wrote:
> >On Feb 3, 2:01=A0pm, Marshall Barton wrote:
> >> iccsi wrote:
>
> >> I have a report and set footer force new page after section.

> >> Which footer?
> >> What other sections does the report have?
>
> >> In most(?) cases, you can set some(?) section's ForceNewPage
> >> to Before Section.
>
> >It is group footer.
> >If I set before section on the group header then there will be empty
> >page in the begining of the report.
>
> No, Access does not generate an **empty** page at the start
> of a report. =A0You may get a new page after the report header
> or a higher level group header. =A0If you have no higher level
> group headers abd nothing in the report header and still get
> a blank page at the start of the report, then set the report
> header's Height to 0 or make it invisible.
>
> If all else fails, you'll have to find a place to turn off
> the group footer's ForceNewPage **before** the group footer
> is formatted, maybe in the last group's header.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for helping,
0
iccsi

"Margins do not fit page size" Error
I have a couple of files giving me an error stating "margins do not fit page size". Other Excel files are working fine. Basically when I go to preview / page setup / and drag the blue dotted line - then the error occurs and I get blue dotted lines around all cells indicating 100's of print pages. Also if I go to print preview and adjust the scale - it seems to be adjusting the viewable scale - and not the printed scale. The viewable image ( preview window) displays the adjusted scale amount - but the printed page remains the same. ( example: if I choose 10% as the scale - th...

Page size still ignored?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The thread on this forum at <a href="http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Excel/4290/0">http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Excel/4290/0</a> has a post acknowledging a bug. Excel ignores the page size set in .xlsx documents. It was 9 months ago, and it appears the bug still isn't fixed after many Office updates. Is that true? Any expectation as to when it might be? Yes, the issue was fixed by the 12.2.0 (SP2) update. I've not seen any reports of a similar problem...

How can I get background fill in Publisher to cover a whole page
I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame which covers trhe whole page and has a background fill. When printing there is a white border all around, however big I make the frame. I am printing on A4 paper. How can I get this fil;l to cover right to the edges? Does your printer support full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "acmr" <acmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED29C702-96FD-44FF-ABAE-0196169147FD@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame >which >...

Custom Fit to Page
Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page? What I mean by this is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to break the worksheet into 8 pages. The pages are set to letter size. However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other pages fill out the page completely. This is because each page has a different amount of rows in it obviously. I want to make it so each page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. ...

Watermark on full page
Hello. I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem to be able to pull off. I am trying to create a one-page document and I want a text watermark on the page. I can figure out how to create the text watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that line one time across the center of the page. I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper. How can I do that or is that not possible in this program? You would need to use a graphics program to creat...

Blank page prints in between mail merged document
I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass mailings. When completing the mail merge, I edit the mail merge recipients and merge to new document. The first page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom, the second page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom etc. When I print the document a blank page comes out between my letters. In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page. How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters? Also, is it possible to then use the same e...

Page Titles
How do I put a title on a page that may take up several cells without having to widen a cell? Hi Select the cell and some adjancet cells. Goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and choose as horizontal format 'Center across selection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Linda wrote: > How do I put a title on a page that may take up several > cells without having to widen a cell? ...

Outlook 2007
When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email prints the tracking on a seperate page. Is there any way to print all the information on one page. Wrong forum! Please check with the Office forum http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "MWeiss141" wrote: > When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email > prints the tracki...

Page Numbering 02-18-10
I am trying to put page numbers only on the first page of each document in an appendix section of a large document. I have put section breaks between the different documents in the section. I was always able to do this in work 97 - can't get it to work in word 2007. You'll have to select the "Different first page" option in the Page Setup dialog box for the relevant sections. To display the Page Setup dialog, click the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab. -- Stefan Blom Microso...

go to page question
How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to page first or page last? Press Ctrl+G. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:ehetEr2fKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to > page first or page last? On 12/17/2009 6:12 PM, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote: > Press Ctrl+G. > Thank you. But I wonder why I could not find th...

How can I print an 11x17 page on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page?
I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some method I can use to reduce the 11/17 image to 81/2x11. John W. <John W.@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on > 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a > smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some > method I can...

Correcting Page Numbering with Section Breaks
Hi Community, How do I correct the page numbering in a Word document with section breaks? I inadvertently remove the first page number directly from the footer and now all pages have the same number. The first page of the document is a cover page; the second page contain the abstract and on which I would like to start the page numbering at 1. I have created two section breaks--one between the first and second pages, and one between the second and third pages. This was done to untie formatting between the sections. Thank you in advance for your assistance. In Word, the pa...

sort pages
I have a problem. I am using FrontPage 2002 with windows 7. Everything seems to work but when I click file\open my web site opens but the pages are not aphetically ordered. I would like to sort the pages because I don't have my site memorized. How do I sort the site as displayed when my open dialog appears? charles arnett If you have Folder View Open you can sort by any column (up or down) by clicking the column heading -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key wil...

How do I link to other pages within the same file?
I have a summary page that highlights a few key metrics about the 10 other pages within my file. Is there a way to insert links on the summary page that will bring me directly to the other pages? e.g. If I was to read more about Topic A, I can click on "Topic A" and it will bring me directly to that page rather than having to shuffle through the other pages in my file. Thanks. Insert Hyperlink / Place in this document / choose your sheet and place -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --...

Hide one page within a form with several pages
Hi all access users I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a form with several pages. I like to hide one of them untill the user have select a choice from a field named productcategory. If the choice is for exampel Tools then I like the page to be shown If you mean a page on a tab control, you can change its Visible property. One possibility is to use the After Update event of the control bound to ProductCategory: Select Case Me.ProductCategory Case "Tools" Me.pagTools.Visible = True Case "Materials" Me.pagMaterials.Visible ...

Forcing downloaded Word documents to open at 'page width'
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get dozens of emails each day with Word documents attached. Anything I can do to reduce the number of mouse clicks I need to do, to get them in to a form I can read, would be a big benefit. <br><br>Is there a way of forcing the documents to open in print layout 'page width'? Usually they open up at 100%, which is too small to read. Word documents open at the Zoom & View that was in use when they were last saved. There is nothing within the program you can do to "force" them...

Mail Merge has extra sheets
I have a mail merge document that uses an Excel Spreadsheet for the merge fields.Everything was fine until I removed some of the records in the spread sheet (made them blank cells). In the beginning of the year, I only have one record to merge (why merge?). However I add a record every few days. Now, with only one record, If I preview, the record is there plus 4 form letters with no data in the merge fields. How do I reduce the number of merge records to the number of records in the spreadsheet? I know I can do "CUSTOM" in the merge, but then I would have to do them one at a ...

Hyperlinks to page numbers in cross references
When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9 to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing something stupid? If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference. In the future...

How do I change the default Web Page Accessing Web Mail
I need to give users an option page when they access http://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange Normally they are prompted for a logon and I need to change that to give them a choice between 2 servers prior to the logon. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish that. Thanks, Michael Michael McAteer <mmcateer@dudek.com> wrote: >I need to give users an option page when they access http://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange Normally they are prompted for a logon and I need to change that to give them a choice between 2 servers prior to the logon. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish that. build your...

booklet printing
I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had this problem?? Jill wrote: > I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but > when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had > this problem?? If your printer is automatically printing double sided, you need to change the options for the duplexer in your printer driver to from "booklet" to "tablet" (or vice-versa) or "long-edge" to &qu...

Table of Contents with Page Numbers
G'day all I have been using Don Guillett's excellent code (copied below) to create a automatic Table of Contents. Is there any way to automatically include page numbers to the right of the list of sheet names (obviously in its own cells)? Also I have information which is to be manually entered against the list on the left of the list of sheet names, so any code would have to take into account this as well. Also I took out the sort function as I don't need it. FYI - Don's code starts on A1 of the sheet. I wanted it to start on a different cell so I made the...

Subreports not Viewing on one Page
How can I get my subreports on report to print on one page? I have a main report and subreport within the subreport there are 5 reports. When I Printview my main report my subreports show up in the middle of the page at the end of the page on the next page - how can I fix this? I have tried and look at everything available and can't find a fix. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. it can be difficult to cram alot of info into one report page....particularly lots of subreports... make sure you have the 'CanShrink' pr...

Pivot Table Page Setup
I have a 3 Pivot tables, each with 2 Row fields and several data fields. All 3 tables are together are 1 page wide. However they are several pages long. Each table does not break into subsets at the same point. Is there anyway to keep all the data from one field together so the new page will start with new data and the tables are not broken in the middle? I.E. -- I want to keep all the "Prod" data together and IF a new page is needed start after the sub-total. Data Prod Month Count RWt LSA Avg Diff 1 May-04 1 11.50 130.90 0.70 Jul-04 3 11.70 131.93 1.03 Aug-04 3 11.20 124...

Problem with first page of tabbed form
The second and third pages of my form work fine. No matter what I put on the first page it takes up the entire screen when viewed, with no tabs visible. I'm carefully avoiding puting the controls on the main form -- I put them within the black box that appears when the tab is clicked. If I leave the first page blank the other pages work well. If I move the second page up to the top of the page order, I have the same problem -- the form tabs no longer show. How can the same page work correctly when it is in the number 2 position and not when it is in the number 1 position? What a...

Continuous page numbers thoughout a workbook?
Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page number? Page, Edit | Page Setup | Headers and Footers.....create a header or footer. Click the custom header or footer. It is much like MS Word. HTH Regards, Kevin "pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1317F8A9-18EC-4F0E-AB8E-1EB777B0CA13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the be...