export report to Excel results in 2 rows of column headers

Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's
system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL
headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings
has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid).

I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make
text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The
problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings
from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided?

Sample of exported data:
Ded %    DedAmt    DedAmt
Ded       DedAmt    DedAmt2
3            34.5          56.7

--

cm

Have you considered puting a couple of phony records that will sort for the
two with the necessary information?

--
Build a little, test a little.

"cm" wrote:

> Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's
> system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL
> headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings
> has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid).
>
> I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make
> text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The
> problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings
> from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided?
>
> Sample of exported data:
> Ded %    DedAmt    DedAmt
> Ded       DedAmt    DedAmt2
> 3            34.5          56.7
>
> --
>
> cm
This shouldn't be as difficult as it turns out to be! I would probably export
the query to an Excel file with sensible column names and then use Automation
code to open the Excel file and change the column names to whatever your
client wants.

--

Peter R. Fletcher

"cm" wrote:

> Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's
> system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL
> headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings
> has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid).
>
> I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make
> text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The
> problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings
> from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided?
>
> Sample of exported data:
> Ded %    DedAmt    DedAmt
> Ded       DedAmt    DedAmt2
> 3            34.5          56.7
>
> --
>
> cm
Perhaps I need to clarify some. In the 'sample' below, the row not wanted is
row 2, which are headers from the query underlying the report. The first row
are headings I made with text boxes in the report header (desired output) and
the third row is sample field values.

I dont' want the headers from the query - can't see a way to keep it from
exporting these.
--
cm

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Have you considered puting a couple of phony records that will sort for the
> two with the necessary information?
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "cm" wrote:
>
> > Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's
> > system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL
> > headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings
> > has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid).
> >
> > I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make
> > text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The
> > problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings
> > from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided?
> >
> > Sample of exported data:
> > Ded %    DedAmt    DedAmt
> > Ded       DedAmt    DedAmt2
> > 3            34.5          56.7
> >
> > --
> >
> > cm

Linking files 2 ways

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Reporting from Project Server

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

learning Excel #3

Goal Seek #2

get a result of an sql into a field

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2