Editable .doc bound report object in Access 2003

I have a report which containers a bound word file, which allows me to edit
the wording in Word.
However, when I convert the database to the .mde format, I loose that
functionality.
Is there a setting or a way I can keep that functionality for this report in
the .mde version?
Thanks.

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Outlook 2003 News