Dynamic Access Report from filtered Form

I need help.

I have succuess fully applied the "how to create a dynamic crosstab
report in access" from instructions off of microsofts web site to my
own report and query.

My problem is this.

I have a form in datasheet view, based off a query.  When the form is
open I can hide / unhid columns as needed and apply filter by form.
That all is great.  But now I want to beable to send the filtered data
on the datasheet form to the Dynamic Report I created showing only the
filtered records and also only show the columns that I did not have
hidden on my form.

How do I do this?

I have tried inserting into the code from microsoft on the On Open
event of my report to apply the filter from my form, but it does not
seem to work, because my reports record source is the underlying query
from my form, not the form.  But can't seem to get the corret syntax
or the right location in microsofts code to apply the filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

heidi
0
heidii

Heidi, you could use the Open event of the report to examine the properties
of the columns of the datasheet, and set the properties of the text boxes on
your report to match.

For example, examine:
    Forms!MyForm!myColumn.ColumnHidden
to see if it is hidden, and then set the Visible property of the control on
the report.

The ColumnWidth property will give you the width on the datasheet, and you
can set the Width and Left of the text box on the report to match. (BTW,
these values are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch.)

"heidii" <heidii@zirklefruit.com> wrote in message
>I need help.
>
> I have succuess fully applied the "how to create a dynamic crosstab
> report in access" from instructions off of microsofts web site to my
> own report and query.
>
> My problem is this.
>
> I have a form in datasheet view, based off a query.  When the form is
> open I can hide / unhid columns as needed and apply filter by form.
> That all is great.  But now I want to beable to send the filtered data
> on the datasheet form to the Dynamic Report I created showing only the
> filtered records and also only show the columns that I did not have
> hidden on my form.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> I have tried inserting into the code from microsoft on the On Open
> event of my report to apply the filter from my form, but it does not
> seem to work, because my reports record source is the underlying query
> from my form, not the form.  But can't seem to get the corret syntax
> or the right location in microsofts code to apply the filter.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> heidi

0
Allen
2/26/2008 9:51:37 AM
Thank you Allan.  I will give that a try today and see how I do.

Heidi
0
heidii
2/26/2008 3:01:56 PM
Allan:

Not sure I am referencing the column correctly.  Is the column name
the name of the text box?

Heidi
0
heidii
2/27/2008 3:48:44 PM
Yes: in the form, the column name will be the name of the text box.

The text box on the reort may have the same name on the report (often does),
but not necessarily.

> Allan:
>
> Not sure I am referencing the column correctly.  Is the column name
> the name of the text box?
>
> Heidi

0
Allen

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Sub Form
I have a main form and a subform each has a table. The problem I'm running into is when I get to the subform, and try to enter info into it nothing happens. Also if I click in the subform it'll work but it starts at the last field in the subform. I need it to go to the first field on the subform. How would I get it to do this? I was told something about the label from the subform that something has to be entered into this. Thanks > when I get to the subform, and try to enter info into it nothing happens. What do you mean? Are you saying that you cannot even enter data in y...

require cell completion in a form?
I have a very simple form in Excel. I'm not sure if it matters, but the machine I'm on uses Excel 2002, and most of the users are on Excel 2000. The first 2 questions on my form require that the user select from a list of names, and then select their relationship to that person. Then the users answer a series of questions about this person's job performance. I'm using data validation to manage the two drop-down lists - the names and the relationships. However, about a third of my users end up leaving one or both of these cells blank. I have a comment box set up as a remin...

dynamic vlookup then sum
I have a range of values in a1:a5 as follows: 0 100 0 1000 0 0 500 I have a table in cells b1:c3 as follows: 100 100 500 200 1000 300 Is there a way using a formula (in a single cell) to sum the vlookup values for the range of values in the range a1:a5? The result I am seeking from the above data would be 600. hi, =SUMPRODUCT(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(B1:B3,A1:A6,0)))*(C1:C3)) -- isabelle Hi TRB, Try this... The below formula add the assigned value and get the exact result when lookup values have the same data for multiple times. =3DSUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(B1:B3,A1:A6,C1:C3)) Ho...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

Stock Option Reporting
I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock Options? SMc In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote: >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock >Options? If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006 Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up on that report? Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options th...

We would love To Help You With Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Issues
If you are having issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP- reports, need training, upgrades, ongoing support, or anything of the such- please feel free to email us at mtatum@integritymbs.com, or call us at 888.869.4090 ext 705. We would love to assist you. We provide install, implementation, ongoing services, training, customization, report writing, troubleshooting and much more. ...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Management Reporter
Hi, Please can you explain to me why if MR is run on IIS why it cannot be accessed as a website and instead seems to need a MR client installed? If it is possible to run \ view reports via Internet - how do I go about doing this please? I ask as my client wishes to have MR incorporated into their Sharepoint website - please advise if this is possible and if so then how? Thank you Neil ...

Sales Pipeline Report #2
Anybody had problems with this report in terms of the group by Date function. Cannot get the date order of the report to work in terms of ordering by Estimated Close date. Am posting here in the attempt to get anyone out there to help me please... have been pulling my hair out in looking at the query in this report to work out how to order by Estimated Close Date! Thanks in advance, Charlie Absolutely. The CRM 4.0 Sales Pipeline report group by Date does not work correctly when using non-US CRM date formats. I have logged this as an issue with MSFT support, who accept there is a ...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Dynamic Range #3
I'm sure this has been answered before but nothing I've read here has helped me. I had a chart in a workbook I made in Excel 2003. Worked fine until I "upgraded" to 2007. The chart gets its data from column K on another worksheet. In 2003, it was: Series Y Values: =Table!$K$4:$K$60000 This worked fine in 2003, but in 2007 it seems to be trying to calculate ALL those extra rows. I only put them in there to make sure all values got added to the chart as the number of rows with actual numbers changes (realistically it would never take up that many rows). 2003 ig...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

Z report total
How do I print a total z report that has all the batches for one day? -- Thank you Terry Terry, This is not functionality that is present out of the box. We have created a customized solution called the consolidated Z report. If you are interested in learning more, please give me a call or drop me an email. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB404C7B-4AD2-4466-86E7-168CC27A791C@microsoft.com... > How do I print a t...

Canot not access information in ItemProperties["Body"]
I have implement a normal c# template service that runs in the background to validate the information in a third party calender with the outlook information however if I run the following when I get to the "Body" propery it locks up. itemProp.Name "Body" string itemProp.Value error: cannot obtain value System.Object This may also be related in that I cannot access an item using OutlookNS.GetItemFromID(storeID,EntryID) "A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in outservice.exe Additional information: Could not ...

Opening a blank form
Hi guys, I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query that gather information from different tables, the problem is when I open the form it shows data already, I want a blank form when it opens, I already tried including DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRecord in the open from event, but I get “You can go to the specified record”, if I go to the query I can’t modify the data or add a new record that is why the acNewRecord is not working. I’ll really appreciate any help Thanks Maracay wrote: >I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query ...

Report Header Question
Hi, hope someone can help me with a problem I've run into whilecreating a report.I have a report where I must use three different Headers to obtain theinformation I need (Downtime, ProductNumber, and CustomerLotNumber).The information is in three headers, but in different locations ineach header (which if combined, could be in a straight line). Theclient wants totals for the information pertaining to Downtime,ProductNumber, and CustomerLotNumber, but he doesn't want them bydetail. The only way I could think to accomplish this was to createseparate Headers which would give the informa...

Program accessing address stored in outlook
Every time I try to open an email in Outlook 2002 I get a message saying that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses stored in Outlook... How do I make it stop? I have scanned for viruses and such, I'm clean. Please help. (PS - this seems to have started right after updating to the latest office service pack). Do you have third party programs installed for spam detection or antivirus filtering? Have you visited the vendors of these programs for the latest updates? Are you using Word for the message editor? Try turning off Word for the meantime until you visit your thi...

FRx Reporting Tree Link to Great Plains 8.0 Segment Descriptions
We are making extensive use of FRx reporting trees, rows and column formats, etc. In all case, we can link back to Great Plains accounts, segment codes, etc, but we cannot pull over the corresponding descriptions (ie from GL40200) in Great Plains. So we end up having to re-enter all the segment descriptions into FRx. So we are maintain the descriptions in two places Great Plains and FRx. This seems really, really stupid, for an integrated product. Am I missing something? If anyone can help me avoid this duplication of work, I would be eternally grateful. Any/all thoughts are ver...

Dynamic object creation in MFC
Say I have soething like this: #define ID_MYID 10000 class MyList : CListCtrl { public: MyList(); MyList(CWnd *pparent) ~MyList(); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() afx_msg void OnClick(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); }; BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyList, CListCtrl) ON_NOTIFY(NM_CLICK,ID_MYIDL,OnClick) END_MESSAGE_MAP() MyList ::MyList (){} MyList ::MyList (CWnd *pparent) { CListCtrl::Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL | LVS_REPORT | WS_BORDER, CRect(10,10,20,20),pparent,IDC_MYLIST); } void...

Report Not Printing
We are running version 3.0 of CRM and I have one workstation that cannot print reports presently. My workstation works fine so far it seems only isolated to the one workstation. What happens is they get the report up on the screen but when they hit the print button they get an error on page. The details on the error are similar to below. Line: 20 Char: 4 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code: 0 URL: http://ddcrm/ReportServer?%2fDesigner+Doors_MSCRM% 2fCustomer+Acceptance+Resolved+Issues&Resolveddate=10%2f1% 2f08&rs%3aCommand=Get&rc% 3aGetImage=8.00.1...