Drop Down Menu in Reports

I have a report that I want to create a drop down list for and have it
contain information from one of my tables.  I would like to be able to open
the report and it shows only the information for the individual that I
select.
For instance, my table contains names of people who are managers - I have
that table linked to many other tables thru referential integrety (ex.
employees under them, projects assigned to that manager etc.).  I have
created a report that has all information that viewable in it, but I would
like to be prompted when I open the report to pick a specific manager and all
the information associted with that manager will be displayed.  How do I do
this???

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Drag and Drop
Hi, I'd like to allow drag'n'drop operation to list box (CListCtrl), placed on dialog box. I checked Accept files in properties of this CListCtrl, created OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo) method of the dialog and placed afx_msg void OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo); in .h file. When I drop file, cursor will change but OnDropFiles isn't called. What's wrong with that? -- Deli The OnDropFiles() handler must be in the CListCtrl-derived class, not the CDialog-derived class. "Deli" <deli_@ANTISPAMop.pl> wrote in message news:cgkt28$gj1$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, &...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Add Text Together for Report
I tried to search for this one but not sure how to word it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make a report that adds all the text from a query together and displays it in one field. For example: I have a table that gets me the following data. deconid logdate log 14 12/06/2007 This is just a test 14 12/07/2007 yes.. This is a log 14 12/08/2007 Yet a log number three 14 12/09/2007 This is number 4 I would like it to display this data in a report like this: With DeconID 14, "12/09/2007- This is number 4 ~ 12/08/2007- yes.. Yet a log number three ~ 12/07/2007-...

Excel Menu Corruption
I tried to create an excel macro for the 'Sheet Hide' command from the menu. All I did was corrupted this command on the menu. Now it always tries to hide the sheet in the file I had open when I tried to create the macro. Is there something less drastic than un-installing/re-installing office? TIA Dave White Dave If you post your code we would have a better chance to help you. Did you use the macro recorder when creating the macro? Possibly you have the sheet name hard-coded in the code. If you replace that hard-coded name with ActiveSheet perhaps would be better. Gord D...