Displaying multivalue field data in report

I have an Access 2007 database that was built upon the Access Contacts
template.  A multivalue field called Tags was added to the Contacts table
that may have any or all values available in a table called Attributes.  I
have some sample data of contacts where the tag field for a record may
contain a single tag like smart, or several values like smart, tall,
agressive.  When I try to display the tag values for each record in a report
the displayed value is numeric like 2, 4, 7.  How can I get the report to
show the actual values instead of what appears to be an index value for each
tag value?

Ken

Count fields and show names
Hello all, I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 fields (cells-HIP, WAIST, ARM, LEGS, HEAD) each with a value of 1 or 0 (True or False) I need a formua to count the 5 fields and if there are 3/5 that are 1 (True) then fill a new cell (Total) with 1(True), if there are less than 3 fields, then False (0). But would it also be possible to show which fields, along with the value of 1 or 0, were true and which were false? For example, 3/5 fields--->True False HIP, WAIST, HEAD ARMS, LEGS Thanks a million for you time! Hi slagg - the first part is simple in the tot...

Report Not Printing
We are running version 3.0 of CRM and I have one workstation that cannot print reports presently. My workstation works fine so far it seems only isolated to the one workstation. What happens is they get the report up on the screen but when they hit the print button they get an error on page. The details on the error are similar to below. Line: 20 Char: 4 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code: 0 URL: http://ddcrm/ReportServer?%2fDesigner+Doors_MSCRM% 2fCustomer+Acceptance+Resolved+Issues&Resolveddate=10%2f1% 2f08&rs%3aCommand=Get&rc% 3aGetImage=8.00.1...

Comparing Fields in Different Columns
I was wondering if there is a way two compare the fields in 2 different columns. Then if those fields are identical they would be removed. Is there a basic function to do this or do I need to write a macro? Thanks for the help. Hi......... Assuming your columns are A and B, in cell C1 put this formula and copy it down column C =IF(A1=B1,1,"") then sort on column C and delete all the rows that have a 1 in column C And, if you do this frequently, it could be recorded into a macro........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "Guggenheim" <johlstrom@gmail.com> wrote in me...

Writing programs for the manipulation of data cells?
I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where can I find a list of Excel functions? On 18 Mar, 10:38, "Scott H" <nospam> wrote: > I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where > can I find a list of Excel functions? Have you tried the help? I would also highly recommend Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MainPage.aspx The great thing about Excel is there are so many high quality advice sites that are easily found. ...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

comparing data in different sheets
I have data set for each quarter, like sales, profits, margins. The dat is for more than 1000 companies and in different worksheets: Eac quarter is in each seperate worksheet. It gets frustrating to keep on switching between each worksheet to ge a comparative number. Is there a way out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In situations like this I generally create a summary sheet and reference the cells from all of the other worksheets. Set up the layout for the summary sheet and then select a cell you want to mirror the value from another worksheet. With the cell selected, ...

extend XY data ranges?
I was wondering if there is a way to extend the X and Y data ranges on a line graph? I am plotting some data, and I want to be able to extend the x and y axes so that I can predict future vaules, however I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Jeff hi Jeff, if you select the Y-axis and then right-click, select "Format Axis". On the "Scale" tab, uncheck the relevant "Auto" checkboxes and enter in the scale that you're after. HTH, Katherine "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Scatter chart displays as line chart
I'm trying to connect point on a (background graphic) circle with lines (using Excel 2000). I have generated the X-cordinates for all ends of lines in one column and, in each of the following columns, I have the Y-cordinates for one line, two values next to each other; in the same rows as their X-coordinates. All other cells are empty. This works in smaller scale but when I have 250 lines, the X-values are replaced with rising numbers, i.e. I get a line graphic. Is there any way to make the scatter graphic work in large scale figures? Thanks Hi, Have you used the xy-scatter type ...

Data to Chart Question/How-to
Below is my data layout as it is right now. What I want my chart to look like is described as... The Vertical Left Area is the Document ID Column The Horizontal Bottom Row is the Reviewer (Revwr #?) The Secondary Vertical Right is the Days Overdue Numbers So far I've tried to use a Scatter, Line, Bar, and also Combining them too but nothing seems to yield the results I am looking for. I hope that the data outline below shows up well enough but if not then let me know and I'll try again. Document ID Revwr #1 Revwr #2 Revwr #3 Revwr #4 Days Overdue Document #001 X X ...

Rules Based On Numeric Field Values
Hi, I sometimes get emails which have special standardized notifications in them. Any "special attention" areas are in a consistent format which will also contain numbers that are normally 0. If they aren't 0, then there is some kind of problem. So, the number values can be from 0 to any value. Is there a way to "flag" these in a rule? Ideally, I'd like to change the message color of or priority based on the values seen. Below is partial output from one of the emails with example fields high-lighted: Successes : 10 Failures : 0 <==== Aborted : ...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

Realized gain/loss in Money 2002 Reports
I am entering my investment data into money '02 and have been looking at some of reports that it provides. In the "performance by investment account report" it shows that for one of my investments the realized gain is $18.45. THIS IS FALSE as i have been keeping everything in Excel spreadsheets. In the register section of the investment I entered a sell with a $218.45 gain. I am entering all data into the register (activity,# of shares, price, total)Money knows what i paid for the inv. and what i sold it for. This is not the only inv. it is doing this to. Is there a fix or...

Grouping to included ranges for which no base data exists
I have a set of data which has numbers ranging from 1700 to 32100. I'd like to pivot table them and group them in bands of 100, starting at 1700. I'd like my pivot table to show all of the bands that exist. The problem is, if I have no data within the band 2200 to 2300 that band wont appear in my grouped pivot table. Any help most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Gerry. ...

Setting LOGIC PD3000U pole display
I am having trouble setting the LOGIC PD3000U pole display. Do you know what driver I need and what are the steps to show prices on the pole display ? Thank you. -- GCI Use OPOS drivers and in SO Manager - database - register list - properties - pole display assign the device name there and optionally a pole display message. I think your model is USB - I've only worked with the serial port units, hopefully USB won't give you any issues - they've acted up on us before....hope this helps "gci1000" wrote: > I am having trouble setting the LOGIC PD3000U pole dis...

Backordered Item Received Report from Transfer
Is there a report similar to the POP Backordered Items Received Report that one can run after transferring inventory into a warehouse location? We would like to use assembly transactions, but not sure how to get this visibility if we don't receive into the warehouse location. Thanks, Barbara Behen Hi Bdehen There is no canned report that will give you this information. This would be a report you would have to create. Regards, Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Bbehen" wrote: > Is there a report sim...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

The item cannot be displayed in the preview pane
I have recently migrated users from outlook IO to Exchange. The are a slew of messages that I cannot preview or open. When I click on the mail message I get "The Item cannot be displayed inthe preview pane. Open the item to read its contents". When I try to open the message "Cannot open this Item. The operation failed". If I change the outlook client back to IO and import the PST, I can read the message again. Help. ...

formulas and external data
i have an issue trying to calculate data based on a query i import the data with all my columns and records, at the end i insert a column with a formula that calculates 4 different cells in the row then i run a query to remove null (zero) value data from a certain field, then the formual column that i added manually doesn't look right. for example, if i have 800 rows of data, i copied that formula to all 800 rows in the last column following the external data when i run the query, all the zero values are removed (doing what it should) and the formulas stay, except the last row that is...

collect data via email
We're looking for solution to collect intake data from multiple agencies (not on network), and get into our (currently 2003) Access database. With 2007, the 'EMail data collect' facility - can that collect and insert multiple rows with 1 email - or each email/form processes only 1 row..? thanks! don You will send a mail asking the user either to update a certain row or add information to a new record. So in both situations you are tied to single row processing... Secondly you have two options to choose from. Plain html which will present the user with a html emai...

UDF: select field by its string name
Hello, I am looking for a way how to select field value, if the table and field name both are available as string parameters. I am aware that in SP it could be done, by using exec function. I am also aware of the fact, that this is kind of bad practice, ie it includes SQL injection threat, is not effective use of server engine, etc. Nevertheless, I hope that I will be shown the solution rathter than taught not to try. The reason I need such function, is the nature of record IDs in the database - they are not automatically populated, and they are random (rather than consequitive...

Restricting data
Hi I am trying to put value restrictions on certain elements in an xml file using a schema file. The syntax in my schema file looks like the following <xs:element name="AXYZMachines" msdata:IsDataSet="true" msdata:UseCurrentLocale="true"> <xs:complexType> <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xs:element name="MotionParameters"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="FeedRateMAX" type="xs:double"...

Extract Specific Data
Hi Groupies The data in my Job Number field looks like this: DC-2010-1-63 - City Hazard AB-2010-5-960 - Shop How can I extract everything up to the 4th dash so that I am left with: DC-2010-1-63 AB-2010-5-960 Thanks in advance. -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! CJ wrote: >The data in my Job Number field looks like this: >DC-2010-1-63 - City Hazard >AB-2010-5-960 - Shop > >How can I extract everything up to the 4th dash so that I am left wit...

Retrieve data #2
I have a spreadsheet "franchise Stores" containing franchises in column "a" and their stores store# in column "b", a simple database with most franchises having more than one store. Every day different stores submit their problems to us using only their store numbers. I have a seperate spreadsheet for these calls "call log". I manually look up the stores franchise with the store number using the Find Function in "franchise Stores", and copy, paste it to "call log". Is there a way to have excel do this on its own? There are too many to...

Lost data on import
Excel 2002 New web query downloads the string "<10E6/L" OK but on import creates a blank cell. However the string "<10E6\L" imports OK. I've tried adjusting properties and formatting options without success. The following web query url demonstrates the situation: http://www.rcpaqap.com.au/micro/dataentry/testquery.cfm Any ideas on the cause and solution would be appreciated. Alban I saved a webpage in Excel from your data (Cut and paste) and have saved it here. It appears to work for me http://www.zen34775.zen.co.uk/Book1.htm (Link will be removed sho...

Default accounts are not displayed
My client is using a dynamics version 7. When they are using their cash receipts, the default account defined in the checkbook ID is not used as the default debit account. Instead, it always displays account not found. But when I checked the setup of the checkbook ID, the account is defined. And the account is existing in the account maintenance. Can someone help me on this problem? Hope to have a reply... Thanks... Look at the customer card->accounts to see where the cash account is pulled from. It might be pulling from the customer card rather than the checkbook. Visit us at ...