Display Option Group label name versus value

I created a form with an option group.  I later created a report based off of
a querie that draws from a table that the form is tied to.

My report draws the actual value (1,2,3 or 4) from the table, and not the
label name (text) that I want

i.e. 1= Freshman
      2=Sophomore
      3=Junior
      4=Senior

I want the text to show up in the report - NOT the values.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:39:02 -0800, pht1991 wrote:

> I created a form with an option group.  I later created a report based off of
> a querie that draws from a table that the form is tied to.
>
> My report draws the actual value (1,2,3 or 4) from the table, and not the
> label name (text) that I want
>
> i.e. 1= Freshman
>       2=Sophomore
>       3=Junior
>       4=Senior
>
> I want the text to show up in the report - NOT the values.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!
>
> Thank you!

In the report, add an unbound text control.
Set it's Control Source to:
=Choose([OptionGroupName],"Freshman","Sophomore","Junior","Senior")

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
pht1991 wrote:

>I created a form with an option group.  I later created a report based off of
>a querie that draws from a table that the form is tied to.
>
>My report draws the actual value (1,2,3 or 4) from the table, and not the
>label name (text) that I want
>
>i.e. 1= Freshman
>      2=Sophomore
>      3=Junior
>      4=Senior
>
>I want the text to show up in the report - NOT the values.

Change the query to join to the table that contains the
label names.

If you currently have the table field as a lookup field with
a value list so it displays the text instead of the number,
then change the field's display back to a text box so you
can see what's really there.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"unable to display all the cells due to low memory"
I have a co-worker getting this error whenever I try to open my Tasks folder. He has a lot of tasks (1000+), but they are all very small with no attachments. Running Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

Message Options (Delayed Emails) #3
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. The problem is only with this user. Users OS is 2000 Pro/Office XP (Outlook 2002) and is not working offline. Server is Exchange server 5.5 LDAP not POP3. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. ...

Getting initials from Given Names
I have loaded an Excel spreadsheet from a database using a query and have a column which lists Given Names. I have another column for initials and am wondering if these can be created automatically from the Names column. Any ideas? Thanks Hi Peter, It depends on how they are setup and how you want them displayed. John Smith: =LEFT(A1,1)&" "&MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,1) Returns J S Smith,John: =LEFT(A1,1)&" "&MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,1) Returns S J Smith,John: =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,1)&LEFT(A1,1) Returns JS Biff ...

how to determine the color with a value of column
I have the following problem. I have a percent column chart. I have only one series. In this case all columns will have the same color on the chart. I want these column colored regarding to the value of a column. I mean: - value: 80% color: yellow - value: 100% color: greeen - value: 40% color: red How to condition the color of the column with a percentage shown on the chart? I mean something like the conditional formatting, but on charts? Thanks in advance Marcin Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Kamyk ...

Pb with Data validation based on named list
Hello, I create a Name as Test = {"A" , "B"} (not a range but a list of datas) by the menu 'Insert" / "Name" / "define" Then i cant'use that name "Test" in the Data validation Combo box by the menu "Datas" / "Validation" / "Option" / "Autorize" (List) The error message is that system does'nt accept in "Source" = Test Where is the Probleme thanks for your help Gilles PROVOST Hi Gilles You don't need the named range. In Data Validation>List>Source>A,B No need ...

adding data labels to an XY scatterplot
I have three columns of data, a label column, an X axis value, and a Y axis value. I graphed the XY as a scatterplot but would like to be able to add the label column on top of the scatterplot to show the labels of each XY point. Any ideas on how to do this? Go to http://appspro.com and download the XY Chart Labeler. It allows you to label a chart series with labels in cells. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 4/30/2010 10:46 AM, acscherwin wrote: > I have three columns of data, a label column, an X axis value, an...

'run report with name' to a specified printer
I am trying to call the run report with name Dex script and tell it to go to a specific printer, namely PrintBoss 50. This is a custom report that is not listed in named printers. I am calling it with: run report with name "BOL" destination false,true printer 'PrintBoss 50' This does not work. The doc seems to say that somehow I need to use the Printer_Define and/or Printer_GetName functions as the printer parameter is {printer settings}. Can someone tell me how to do this? The 'run report with name' and 'run report' statements expect the p...

instantaneous cell value
This is probably incredibly simple but I've been going in circles with it for some time. I'm looking for a way to grab and hold the instantaneous value of a cell whose contents are constantly being updated. Any thoughts? You can "fix" the values of a cell by <copy>, then select another cell (maybe in another sheet) and Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK. This would leave the formula in the original cell to continue to update itself. Hope this helps. Pete thanks for the reply. this works as a "manual" solution but how can I assign only the contents o...

Location of the List of Names that AutoFill To:... line
How do you clear the list of names that automatically appear in the To: field when you start typing a name? ...where are they kept? Outlook 2002 see article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287623&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >How do you clear the list of names that automatically >appear in the To: field when you start typing a >name? ...where are they kept? > >Outlook 2002 >. > ...

Change the domain name
To give you some info you may need we have a domain server and exchange with AD on that as well (both servers are running 2000). Our company is changing our name from abc.com to xyz.com. So far what i have read you can't change your internal domain name without starting over from scratch. However when we email to people outside the company I need it to say it came from xxx@xyz.com not xxx@abc.com what is any easy way to do this without starting over from scratch. Set up xyz.com MX record in external DNS. In the recipient policies, you can assign an SMTP address of @xyz.com to...

Named Arguments in VC OCXs for VB clients
Hi, I have got a VC++ 6 OCX and lots of Visual Basic 6 clients using it. Originally, the OCX was written in VB, too. Thus, the clients could (and do) use named arguments in calls to the OCX like func(12, Arg2:=44) - or however this is precisely in VB... Now that the OCX is written in C++, VB complains that the OCX does not support named arguments. Is there a way to define in the ODL defs that this works? Or is it impossible? Thanks, Frank ...

How do you put names in abc order
I have a list of names out of abc order and I don't want to type them again so how do I put them in abc order without re-typing? Data - Sort -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A366A2DC-CE2D-4161-9FBB-3A290D0FCDA0@microsoft.com... >I have a list of names out of abc order and I don't want to type them again > so how do I put them in abc order without re-typing? ...

Outlook & Word XP: How do I print labels for Christmas cards?!
I get some incredibly frustrated with MS Word & Outlook sometimes! Especially when it comes to trying and make it print a bunch of labels for me, for addressing Christmas cards. According to the online help I can start in Outlook's Contacts and select those I want to send messages to. Fine. I've done that. Now what?! The instructions don't say, and I just can't lay my head on the keyboard and hope to learn what I'm supposed to do next. I suppose the online help could help, but I don't know what the "correct" key words would be, so I cannot enter the k...

Excel 2002
When I open a one of my files it opens two files of the same name but with a different number on the end. E.G. the file name is "Past Players:1" and the other file name is Past Player:2, the original name is Past Players without the number. At the moment I have downloaded the trial of 2007 where the problem has been fixed, but at the end of the trial I don't want to pay for 2007 as I am a pensioner and can't afford the upgrade. You have somehow enable a New Window view. In XL 2003 this if done with Window | New Window In XL2007 it is done with New Window on the View t...

List opportunities order by estimatedclosedate and name of custome
I had done an aspx that returns all open opportunities ordered ascending by estimatedclosedate, or ordered ascending by name of customer. But when i try to order de two attributtes at the same time, nothing happens, because if i filter first by name of customer, and next by estimatedclosedate, the result comes ordered by estimatedclosedate. Anyone can help me? -- Regards, Pedro Airó ...

merging name tags
After I merged name tags (eight on a page), I saved the file so I could clean up any names that weren't fitting properly. When I re-opened the file to print it, it printed out each name eight times on a page instead of eight different names on each page. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!! Reset the merge data. Are you using a label template? Are you trying to merge with all eight labels on your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx &qu...

Creating Task sometimes collapses group
If I create a Task item and then look at the Tasks in Table View (grouped by Category), I sometimes find that the Group to which the new Task was assigned is collapsed. I can expand that group, and all is fine, but if I create another Task in another Category, that will sometimes cause that group to collapse. I haven't been able to figure out exactly when this happens, but it seems to happen more often when I'm switching between Views. i.e, if I create a Task while in one Table View (filtered for high priority items only) and then switch to the other Table View (no filter), ...

Look up multi values
I’m struggling figuring out how you would do the following? Work sheet data. A1 =25 B1 = 40 C D 1 25 30 2 25 40 3 27 41 4 28 42 What I want to do is lookup the values 25 & 40 (A1 & B1) from table C1 D4 Matching the value 25 in Column C & 40 in Column D & return the location in the table to Cell A2? If there is no matching value, were decimals come into play, i.e. 25.8, then return the next largest from column C with its parent value from D, Returned value = 2 or 3 if 25.5. Sounds simple but I get lost very quick! Any Help greatly appreciated. one way. This is an array...

Employee Name on W-2 in YE file
The employee name is not editable in the 'Edit W-2' window. It is not auto updated when an employee name was changed on the employee card (after the year-end wage file was created). So the name showing in the 'Edit W-2' window has to be grabbing from someplace other than upr00100. Anybody know where? TIA Just found it. UPR10101 ...

Get Short Path Name without pinvoke?
Is there a way to get the short path name of a file or directory without using the GetShortPathName API call? Thanks! Steve Ricketts wrote: > Is there a way to get the short path name of a file or directory without > using the GetShortPathName API call? Not that I know of. The Directory.GetFiles() method has some particular 8.3-specific behavior that is called out in the docs (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wz42302f.aspx), but it still returns the long filename. With some trickery and extra work, you can probably design code to infer the short filen...

Group Ownership of Distribution list
We recently migrated to Exchange 2003 and I am now looking for a way to assign ownership of a DL to multiple users. Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks is advance. Matt I would think this would be called Delegate Control in AD. Try that and see what happens. "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F395C0-E0B0-444D-BFC5-A708F01FB47B@microsoft.com... > We recently migrated to Exchange 2003 and I am now looking for a way to > assign ownership of a DL to multiple users. Is this possible, and if so > how? > Thanks is advance. > Ma...

Filtering Lookup values
I want to filter the lookup values when you click on "source campaign" on an opportunity to only include active campaigns. I'm not familiar with JScript and creating OnLoad statements. Can someone help me with the code for this? Thanks! Lisa ...

Chart X Axis value label on both left and right sides
Can I add a second X axis value on both left and right sides of a chart? At present scrolling the chart to the right there are no axis label values to easily read the chart. Beemer Beemer, You have to have at least two Data Series to do that. Right click on the second of them, choose Format Data Series, then on the Axis tab, choose secondary axis. Note that Excel may change the relative values between the first and second axes, so you should set the Max and Min for both manually. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b2a2779...

Compatibility Layout Options for 2007
Hello, When using Word 2003, I seem to remember that my Compatibility Layout Options (located in Advanced Word Options) would retain my settings for ANY and ALL Word documents I opened, whether old or new. Now, in Word 2007, it seems the settings only apply to the current document or newly created documents, but not to previously existing documents. I have to reset my choices for each document I work on. Is this how Word 2007 now works or am I missing something? You're missing the fact that Word has always worked this way. Compatibility settings are set on a per-docum...

Set Default Value
Is there any way to set default value through Command Button for example if the field of a table have value Apple so by pressing command button it will consider default value for ongoing records. Yes, you can do that. You can set the default for a text box, for example by: Me.YourTextBoxNameHere.Default = "Apple" and it will stay that way until you change it or until you close the form. It will revert to it's value that was set in design view when you reopen the form, but it will stay as long as you have the form open and don't close it. -- Bob Larson Access World F...