Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report

Hi All,

I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the
Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct
results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I
have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am
always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the
report.

What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date?

Thank you!

decklun

The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query.  Once for the
report and a second time for the chart.  The best solution is to use a form
to capture parameters and run the report from the form.  The form can either
use the where argument of the OpenReport method or the report's queries can
refer to the form field rather than prompting.

"decklun" <decklun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the
> Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct
> results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I
> have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am
> always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running
> the
> report.
>
> What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date?
>
> Thank you!
>
> decklun

0
Pat

Mail Merge
Hi I'm working with a mail merge that can spit out messages in two languages. I've already got the date formatted properly with \@"dd MMMM yyyy but I'm trying to get the month that it displays to go in french. How do I change that? ...

Age & Time Restricted Validation dates ...
>Birthdate in A43 >Issue Date in G37 >New Valid to Date ( ? ) in K37 Restrictions are: >Age<40=12 months (to the 1st day of the following month) >Age>40=6 months (to the 1st day of the following month) >Revalidation grace period=90 days prior to Valid to Date=normal Valid to Date >Revalidation prior to 90 day grace period=new Age <40 or Age>40 >Beyond Valid to date="Expired" How would I set this up? There is a continuation to this, but thought we could start from here. Happy New Year , & in Rememberance! .... Wayne THis is a certificate...

find the latest date in access 2007
hi there! I'm a bit stressed trying to get this sorted by I just cant! My question is the following. I have a database of three tables: Dis_cat, admission and patient. The Dis_cate table has only two categories : dead and alive. I just have to find out who was the last patient to die. I have this code in access: SELECT Dis_cat.category, Admision.outdate, Patient.pname FROM Patient INNER JOIN (Admision INNER JOIN Dis_cat ON Admision.dischno = Dis_cat.dischno) ON Patient.nhsno = Admision.nhsno WHERE (((Dis_cat.category)="dead")); But I cant find the latest date. I...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

monthly/weekly reports
This is probably really easy to do but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a report that displays records from a table. Each record has a corresponding date. Right now, the report shows every record in the table, going back more than a year. How can I make it so the report just shows the records from the previous week or month or whatever dates I choose. And then how do I use this same report over and over for each month or week? Basically I just want to hide certain records on the report (ones that were created before a specific date). Thanks You can base the 'record s...

Commission Report #2
I must be missing something but is there any way to generate a list of commissioned items. Not sales of commissioned items just a list of the items that offer a commission. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0591_01C71312.99942370 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0592_01C71312.99942370" ------=_NextPart_001_0592_01C71312.99942370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, Try this one attached. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

How to insert a current date
To insert Current date help page shows: Select a cell and press CTRL+; This could be Select a cell and press CTRL+Semicolon(;) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a107213f-e55a-4bd3-8e3...

Chart Objects Behaving Badly
Hi all. I have posted to various groups that I think are applicable, but please tell me if any of these are not. Here is my question: I have an Excel workbook with 6 sheets. Three of the sheets contain pivot tables, and the other three sheets contain bar and pie charts based on the pivot tables. Now in a Word document, I am inserting an OLE chart object ? from the menu in Word, then I check the link checkbox, so that when the spreadsheet is updated, the objects in the Word doc (in this case bar and pie charts), are also updated. When I insert the right charts into each page of the word do...

reset task assignment due date
I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please help. Amanda <amanda@madbooking.com> wrote: > I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the > deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due > date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please Can't you forward that task with the updated due dat to those people? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is t...

Thorny problem graphing XAxis dates
Sorry, I'm not really sure how to state this question succinctly. I have data in an MSAccess Db re medications and the time\date and amounts taken. Mads are entered only in the db on days when they are taken yet I need the graph to show ALL days including days not taken. That is, days when the amount is inferred to be zero because no data appears for that day. Sorry, that's probably as clear as mud. Currently, I'm using VBA code to select the data, build a spreadsheet and then build a graph from the spreadsheet I built. The problem is that it (obviously) graphs only the days meds...

Need to turn off prompt about putting on clipboard or not...
When I copy a large spreadsheet and go to paste it in a blank spreadsheet I get a prompt asking if I would like to keep on clipboard to copy later on (click "YES") or if I want to delete from the clipboard (click "NO"). How can I make it so this prompt no longer appears? Thanks!! ...

Report website problems here
I reported the problem last week of the email not working properly. I was asked to send mycomments to the website below using the case number SRX1110134208ID. I recommend alld user to respond to this case number with their comments. I think it is silly that Microsfot doesn't maintain their own website properly and it take almost 2 weeks to fix problems that effect thousand of customers. https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1389&WS=managermail Were you having email problems with Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joel"...

Charting #3
I need help charting 2 different series. One is for Total of Daily Orders (which is a 2 digit number) And then I want to add the total dollar figure for the daily orders (which can be a 5 digit number) I have looked and I know it can be done. Can someone please help Plot both series. Double-click one of the series on the chart. In the resulting dialog box, from the Axes tab, select 'Secondary'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0bba01c3aed9$0f9...

Date Functionality
So i want to add dates in Excel i want to say.. this is this month; next month is I would normally use DateAdd function.. or dateserial-- or something.. but these aren't working for me in Excel; it just gives me this annoying '#ERROR' bullshit i mean-- aren't these standard functions? aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote... >So i want to add dates in Excel > >i want to say.. this is this month; next month is > >I would normally use DateAdd function.. or dateserial-- or something.. > >but these aren't working for me in Excel; it just gives me this >annoy...

Reports in column format
My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between columns. There is a box around the set of controls. I have the palette narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working space to the right of my controls. The result is a calendar-like presentation. The problem arises when I want to center text in the headers and footers. If I simply place my header text in the header section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the page. In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and then center the text manually. If I do this, then...

Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from other workbooks
Hello- I am trying to put together a reporting function, and I have little experience working with Excel programming. I have multiple workbooks set aside for different users, who update the information in list format on a daily basis. These are project lists, so they require daily text and numerical input, and the length of the lists vary as the projects close or open. I am trying to make a master workbook that brings all of these lists together onto a single list. On this master workbook is a worksheet that needs to update and add a row of statistical data on a daily basis. Additionally...

Change chart range with macro
Greetings. I am trying to name a variable that is the last row of data in a range, then use that variable in a chart's range. I tried inserting it where the last row would be, but it is not working, like this "A20:A & LstRow,... Anyone have any ideas? LstRow = [B51].End(xlUp).Row MsgBox (LstRow) Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Mar").Range( _ "A20:A & LstRow,C20:C46,E20:E46,G20:G46,I20:I46,K20:K46,M20:M46"), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocatio...

Scattered XY Charts and labeling the points
I have a scattered chart with a name column and another two columns with the data to plot the charts. I am unable to mark those points with the corresponding names in the name column. Is there a way to do this? Thanks ~ Lori Lori - This capability isn't built in to Excel, but there are a couple free add-ins you can download to enable you to use a range of cells to label a series of points: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials a...

Export transaction report
I am trying to export a transaction report from Money 2002. Money does nothing after I select export to desktop or send xml report. ...

i need a report that shows Pay Outs
I know this probably already exists, but i can't find it. How do i get a report that shows $ paid out from the Drawer. We use the F10 Function - and fill out all the info. But i never see it again. i need this info. how do i get it? Thanks Thanks alot Jeff. Do you know is there anyway to get this info Quickbooks with the rest of the daily batch?? Jessica "Jeff" wrote: > Jessica, > > None available in CustomerSource. I've attached one called Drop or Payout > List. > > Copy it into the \Program Files\Microsoft Retail...\Store Ops\Reports &g...

Making a Bubble Chart based on n-values matrix
Hello everybody I have the following question for U: I have a table with lots of values in rows and lines. Imagine a matrix with 10 rows and 10 lines that represent customers and products sold to them. The values in this table represent the earnings, like: 12,59 1,94 345,46 16,97 136,48 -256,87 1,92 356,9 -658,9... As you see there are also negative values. Now I want to have bubbles that represent these values. Red ones for the negative values and green ones for the positives. Does any body have an idea what I could do? I tried the bubble chart but as you know it just work...

Unix Date Conversion
I am using the DateAdd() function to convert a unix code to date/time format. My problem is access seems to be adding 6 hours to the date/time. Has anyone every exp. this? Does anyone know what I can do to fix it? (Example 1073519077 should convert to 1/28/2004 12:15:32 AM, right?. In a web GUI, the date is displayed as 1/27/2004 18:15:32 PM-which is right? I don't want to question the developer of the web app until I can pin point the source of the problem. Any help is appreciated. -Corey I get the following: ?DateAdd("s", 1073519077, #1/1/1970#) 2004-01-07 23:44:37 wh...

Lost "Sent Date" Column in Sent Items
Somehow I lost the "Sent Date & Time" column in the "Sent Items" folder. How can I get it back? Thanks Mike Thomas ...

Pls confirm 2007 chart redraw is up to 10 times slower than 2003
I have complex charts, with many data points. The redraw time on my machine in Excel 2003 (all updates for office and wxp installed) is 2-3 sec, which I consider extremely slow, so I was looking forward to an new chart engine with better speed from 2007, but am flabergasted at how slow 2007 is. Try this...create a line chart, 12 columns of 5000 points each. Put it imbeded in a worksheet. Tab to another worksheet, tab back, time the redraw. On my machine (3 ghz, 2gig ram), redraw time is 2-3 sec for all the lines to show up on the graph. In 2007, it takes a full minute! the graph loo...

Send Direct Email button not appearing.
Hi, I have installed the CRM for Outlook client on a number of user's machines. For some reason, the buttons to send direct emails from contacts / accounts pages does not appear for a few users. I have painstakingly checked as many options etc. that I can find to see where any rights are different, but they all seem to have the same rights. Does anyone know if there are any specific rights / settings in CRM or Outlook that will allow a user to use these buttons? Many thanks, Padraig Does anyone know the easiest way to get in touch with MS to ask a technical question directly?...