date filter

my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format
dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008.
If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records,
however if I put tabdate = #02/08/2008# it finds them fine.
Why do I have to use mm/dd/yyy format ?

"simcon" wrote:

> my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format
> dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008.
> If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records,
> however if I put tabdate = #02/08/2008# it finds them fine.
> Why do I have to use mm/dd/yyy format ?
I live in the UK where we hold dates in DD/MM/YY format

Date compatibility error
Hi All, I was hoping I could get some help with my problem, as i have trie everything i know. I have this spreadsheet (attached) and when i type the date in m formula doesnt want to find the corresponding data. But when the date are copied from the data table and pasted in (same dates) it finds th data fine. I have tried formatting the dates in the same way but with no change. NB: If possible i would like to keep the formatting on the data tabl without changing as this is a direct data import from another program If this is the only possibility, let me know and I will try and fix i in a ...

Filter by form not working
When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks "Milind" <Milind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3E22142-B57A-4246-8488-2E38F3C773F2@microsoft.com... > When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see > only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list > of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks If the number of distin...

Front end IMF filter
Hi all My anti spam subscription has expired, and instead of spending the money to renew it, i would like to know if i can run the IMF on my front end Exchange 2003 server and also run the IMF on my back end Exchange 2003 sp2 server? If this will work then the back end exchange server would catch spam that the front end didnt detec, although if the IMF filter is global then this wont work, because if the front end lets in an email with a score of 8 then the back will do the same thing. Any way to get this working so the front end IMF filter could be set to 8 and the backend could be...

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

changing date format
hi, I'm trying over and over to change the date format cells,and it just doesnt allowed me,allow is not the right word - it just does nothing,or it changes only a few of the cells to the wanted format. I tried to change other date format cells on other file it went just fine,so why is it happening on the first file i was talking about ? what should i do ? thank you in advance,hummiz -- hummiz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hummiz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23877 View this thread: http://www...

Formatting dates by year
I would like to know if there is a way to format dates so that they are formatted by year only. For example, if I click on Format -> Cells, there are a bunch of options, but none of them list to show the year only, just mm/dd/yy or mm/yy, etc. I am trying to create a chart so that only the year shows up. Thanks. HI try clicking format cells custom then in the 'type' box, enter yyy -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I have tried this, but what it does is give one specific year (ie. 1905) for all the years I have entered. I want to just keep my values. ...

Formatting text and date together
How can I format a cell to hold text ("Last update:") and a date whic is obtained from another cell? The Formula reads something like +"Las update: "&f2. The date comes out as its numerical value. Is it possible. Thank -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49227 Use the text function to format the numeric component to suit your needs, along the lines of ...

Date and Time Table Modified
I have 4 forms used by managers to enter data. When they enter data, the data is saved in tables. I would like to include a date and time stamp so that I know when they entered each piece of new data. Do I need to have a field in my table to collect the date and time? How do I collect that in my form? Thanks!! Yes, you need to add a field to your table. In the form's BeforeUpdate event, put code to update that field. Assuming that you named the field LastUpdated and that you included the field in the form's RecordSource, the code would look something like: Private Sub Form_Bef...

FILTERS and HOTMAIL
I am using Outlook express. I download all my email from Hotmail and other email accounts. When I download the hotmail's mail it goes into a special "Hotmail" inbox in the program. All my other email accounts go to the local folder's inbox. Hotmail itself is not filtering all the junk mail. I have come up with some filter rules that should filter these emails out, but the filter only works with the "Local Folder's inbox. I want to do one of two things. 1. When I download my hotmail account, I want it to filter using my Message Rules for my hotmail as well as the &...

custom filter does not work correctly
I have a worksheet with one column contains a list of codes in each cell. The list can be longer than 256 characters. When I tried to use the custom filter to filter this column, it does not seem to display rows containing what I was looking for correctly. In the column, the codes is listed in a comma delimited list like aaa, bbb, ccc, ... If I tried to use the custom filter to look for a code that exists on some rows beyond 256 characters, Excel will not display these rows. Only rows that the code can be found in the first 256 characters will be filtered. Is this a limitation of Excel...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Date and Number cell formats
I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to create a very basic weight chart by date. Column one is the date and column two is the weight. I would like all of the dates to appears as 01/06/2010, 10/05/2010, 11/15/2010, etc. -- in other words, mm/dd/yyyy with 2 digits for the month, 2 digits for the day, and 4 digits for the year. Instead, all I get for the date is: 1 or 2 digits for the month, depending on whether the month is a 2-digit or 1-digit number; and the same for the day, 1 or 2 digits. I want them all to appear as mm/dd/yyyy. I would like the weights to appear as 211.6 , 212.0...

Business Portal Project Timesheet date header dissappear when scroll down
In Business Portal Project timesheet, when scroll down the cost category, the date header is dissappear from the page, is this a design fault ? For project will large no of cost category, it is very in-convenient as we did not know whether the hours being keyed into the correct date. Please advise. Thanks ...

AUTO DATE RECOGNITION
HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A DATA IMPORT INTO EXCEL? Yell real LOUD. That does it for me. Seriously, please don't use all caps for subject or body of msg. It is considered shouting and rude. Try pre-formatting your destination range to text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TONY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD32B08C-CD73-4585-B706-6F29B17894D0@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A ...

Outlook Archive NOT using Modified date
Is there anyway to force Archive to look at sent or received and not consider the modified date to archive items. We put in a new server and migrated all the mail to the new server so now the modified date on all emails has changed to that date. Now everything looks only a couple of months old even email from 2 and 3 years ago. I need to get archive to ignore the modified date. Any way to do this? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engine...

European vs american date notations
Hi, I have a strange problem in Excel. I want to enter a european date 20/09/2004 and convert it into dd/mmm/yyyy what should display 20 Sep 2004 BUT it does not it stays like 20/09/2004. WHen I rewrite the date in 09/20/2004 and convert it does show 20 Sep 2004. The cell properties is set to english date and internation setting is also english. Why cant I enter european dates into excel.. Excel uses your Control Panel date settings to help determine what kind of an entry you are making. While 20/09/2004 is a valid date under many other countries' settings it is not with U.S. s...

Workflow Call Assembly to add Date or Time
I cannot get a very simple workflow to work. All I want it to do is update a datetime field to add one month! Workflow monitor says it completed, but it has never worked... Has anyone ever been able to make this work? On 26 Mar, 18:54, "DubSport" <jamie.carmich...@cmgl.ca> wrote: > I cannot get a very simple workflow to work. All I want it to do is > update a datetime field to add one month! Workflow monitor says it > completed, but it has never worked... Has anyone ever been able to > make this work? Show your workflow rule OK here it is. its a manual rule, s...

Voucher payables document date 2018
A voucher (check) was posted with the Document Date of 12/17/2018. The invoice itself was dated 12/17/2008. We are trying to VOID this transaction but I get: "The void date cannot be before the document date" (meaning today of 1/16/2009 is before 12/17/2008) The Payables Transaction Posting Journal/Payables Management shows INV Voucher # with the doc date as 12/17/2008 but Check reconciliation cannot be completed because this check is out of the period. Please advise best method of fixing this error. Thank you Pam, Either go into the table and change the document date or c...

I fixed the date and time and the time zone. Now reply me please
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

Date and Time ??
I had a question working about date and time it had 11 or 12 posts and now it's gone. Any Idea what happened to it? Sorry I found it. "Duane" wrote: > I had a question working about date and time it had 11 or 12 posts and now > it's gone. > > Any Idea what happened to it? "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F0A6769-90FA-4E91-81AF-22F2B7549C32@microsoft.com... >I had a question working about date and time it had 11 or 12 posts and >now > it's gone. > > Any Idea what happen...

default date in Excel
How do you change the default date format in Excel. I am running Excel 2000 but we also have Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 in our office. Will Fleenor will@k2e.com Hi Will It's a Windows setting. Change it in the control panel. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> skrev i melding news:Of7bGQJXFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do you change the default date format in Excel. > > I am running Excel 2000 but we also have Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 in our > office. > > Will Fleenor > will@k2e.com > > ...

Count Rows When Using Auto-Filter
Using the auto-filter function I need to count the number of rows returned each time I select a new value. I can do a COUNTA (&#8211;1 to allow for the header row), on the column that counts all the rows but when I use the filter I still get the total count not a count of the reduced quantity by the filter. Can anyone help? Nick use the subtotal function with a first argument of 3 =subtotal(3,A2:A300) as an example. Make sure the column you do the counta on will have values in all rows. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy "Nick" <ner@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:15...

Urgent!!! Recipent Policy dosn't work if filtered by OU???
I've created an additional Recipient Policy that filters objects by OU. I've applied the policy and launched RUS using exchange system manager but it seems that only the default Recipient Policy is applied. Anybody can help me please? Environment is 1 dc(sp 4), and 1 exchange 2000(sp3) member server(sp4). Thanks in advance Diego XADM: Unable to Create Recipient Policy Based on X500 Distinguished Name ID: 270111 That is the best documented thing for the issue. distinguishedName queries work with an exact DN and thus return 1 object. In short - you need to query something else. ...

formatting a date in a text field
I need to format a date that is in a text field - ex. 20081108 needs to be 11/08/2008 - how do I do this? p.s. I cannot change the field from a text to a date - it deletes all the info First, to change the text field to a date format: Format(DateSerial(Left([DateField],4),Mid([DateField],5,2),Right([DateField],2),"mm/dd/yyyy") It would probably be best to change the field to date type for programming and reporting down the line. To do this (first backup your data) then add a new field to your table (with a type of date). Do an update query to populate the new field with an ...

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...