Datasheet layout on report?

Hello,

Currently my report lays data out like the following:

Market
	Oil & Gas
		Awarded	 $5,000
		Budgetary	 $1,000
		Lost	 $2,000
		Pending	 $10,000
	Construction
		Awarded	 $10,000
		Budgetary	 $300
		Lost	 $5,770
		Pending	 $5,678

But I'd like to have it lay it out like the following:

Market	                 Awarded	Budgetary	Lost	Pending
Oil & Gas	                 $5,000 	 $1,000 	 $2,000 	 $10,000
Construction	 $10,000 	 $300 	 $5,770 	 $5,678

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Alan

I expect you could create a crosstab query to use as the record source of
your report. This depends on your table structure which we really don't
understand.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Currently my report lays data out like the following:
>
> Market
> Oil & Gas
> Awarded $5,000
> Budgetary $1,000
> Lost $2,000
> Pending $10,000
> Construction
> Awarded $10,000
> Budgetary $300
> Lost $5,770
> Pending $5,678
>
> But I'd like to have it lay it out like the following:
>
> Market                  Awarded Budgetary Lost Pending
> Oil & Gas                  $5,000 $1,000 $2,000 $10,000
> Construction $10,000 $300 $5,770 $5,678
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

It looks like you may have created a Columnar report when you really wanted
a Tabular one.
Have you tried sliding your fields around in Report Design view?

Evi

0
Evi

adding quickpad layouts on MIcrosoft POS
Does any one know how to create new layouts? ...

Money2002 monthly report closes Money
When I try to access my Monthly Reports, I get error message: Money version has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' It closes Money and sends error report. I found some information in previous posts. I understand this could mean I have corrupted data. September 2003 was the last time monthly reports were able to be run. I do not import data to that account. I manually make entries into this accout. I have proven that this is the account that has the problem. I understand that I may have selected Category and not subcategory. I went back a...

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog that pops up saying: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform. Error Number: 0x80040E2F Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Query String: /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new I've never had this problem before. I've added plenty of custom views. It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines. I tried looking up...

Query On Pulling Reports
This weekend, I migrated a Store Operations (v1.1) from NT to a new machine running Small Business Server 2003. The database backup and restore went smoothly, and so far I have not had any major issues. An upgrade to v1.2 is scheduled for next weekend ... I just wanted to get it up and running first. One thing that has cropped up is pulling reports ... ie, reviewing and printing Purchase Orders while logged on under Store Manager on a workstation machine. I can pull the reports up fine while logged directly on the server ... the data is there. However, when you are logged onto a wo...

Outstanding checks report with addresses
Does anyone know how I would get or if there is a utility available to get a list of outstanding checks from the banking module with the mailing address of the check as well as the payee? Thanks. Judy ...

Creating a form to supply parameters to a report
I have created a report using a form to supply parameterers. I used the instruction provide in Access Help under Using parameters with queries and reports. When I open the report the form opens but none of the text boxes or command buttons are visible. When I open the form in design view it runs a debug and opens visual basics with this highlighted in yellow: AccessObject = CurrentProject.AllForms(strFormName) This is the code provided in the instuctions. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a report that when you open it,...

Different Total for end of day sales report
I am currently using RMS 1.2 on a Windows XP/SP2 computer. My problem is when i run various reports at the end of the day like Tender Summary and Detailed Sales report to see the total sales for the day, neither one matches my physical count. Can someone explain to me why i am getting this kind of result? And what i can do to correct it or get the right information? Or maybe i need a custom report to get an accurate total? Thank you in advance. Tender summary and detailed sales reports will have different totals since one (tender summary) includes all monies taken in, including taxes,...

Mailbox Folder Permissions
Does anyone know of an easy (or at least somewhat easy way) to run a report on the folder permissions inside each users mailbox? We had a recent incident where the "Default" permisson for some folders inside user's mailbox was set to REVIEWER or EDITOR or something (Of course, the mailbox owner swears up and down that they did not change it). From spot checks this looks like a small problem. But, it is one that we would like to audit and make sure it is not a problem in general. Thanks! Shawn ...

Imbedded OLE or Imbedded (Excel) Chart in 2007 Report?
I have previous 2003 OLE MS Graph objects on a report. Can I optimize my report by imbedding the 07 Chart Object instead of the OLE Chart Objects? Is it faster to Load an OLE Chart Object, or run a dynamic 07 Chart Object? Does any of this make sense at all? Thanks. Kou ...

How to report outlookg bug
I want to report a bug in outlook. How should I do this. Thanks Minhaj ...

Forms and reports
(Access 2002 - Windows XP Pro) I have a table "orders", a form "NewOrders" with a subform "newOrderSub", a select query called "queryTotals" and a report "rptPO" To start the process, I open NewOrders, write all the details about cost centres, delivery, etc on the main form. The details of the orders go in the subform e.g.. item ordered, cost. On the main form there is a command button with the following code behind it: stDocName = "rptPO" stLinkCriteria = "[PO_Nbr]=" & Me![PO_Nbr] Me.Refresh DoCmd.Op...

crystal reports XI
Hi, only a question I'm thinking in buy crystal reports XI, but i red about crystal that CRM only works with crystal reports 9.2.2.2 Do u think it`s possible to make customize reports for CRM by using CR XI Tanks in advance Most likely not. CRM installs a modifed version of the Crystal components on the server. Using a different version to create/modify a report will most likely result in a report the version on the server can't access. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:59:03 ...

Microsoft CRM Report Viewer Bug ? 04-15-07
When viewing report in Microsoft CRM Report Viewer, it extracts the filter info from the RDL file. When user saves the default filter it's also stored in the RDL. The filter info is actually the Fetch XML which is build dynamically by the viewer control. I've created a report and in the RDL file specified the Fetch XML with linked entities and attributes for each linked entity. This way when report is executed, the Fetch XML is converted to the SQL statement which is used as report data (when executed). Report viewer displayes the filter correctly BUT when it builds the Fetch ...

Pass changing values to parameter to Crystal Report scroll thru re
Hello Community In a C# and ASP.NET app I embed a Crystal Report. In the Crystal Report I create a parameter field named id. Then I read one id from a table and I pass the id from the table to Crystal Report where Crystal Report creates the report successfully. The problem is that now I am reading atleast 5 id’s each containing a different value from the table and I want Crystal Report to create a report for each one of the id’s such that the user can use the carat and scroll thru all of the reports from the first one to the last. Crystal Reports creates reports like...

Force Report Footing to print at bottom of page
Hhi, I'm using Access on Office XP Pro. Is there anyway to force the Report Footing (not page footing) to print at the bottom of the current page. Currently, the report ends 10 lines into a new page, so the report footing start printing on line 11. I would like it to print at the bottom of the page. Is there anyway to do this? -- Dennis On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:38:03 -0800, Dennis wrote: > Hhi, > > I'm using Access on Office XP Pro. > > Is there anyway to force the Report Footing (not page footing) to print at > the bottom of the cu...

Two Reports into one pdf file
Is it possible to output two different reports into one pdf file, and if so, how Thanks in adavance. ...

creating a report for an access pivot table
Hello, Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table that was created using access. I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither word nor excel... Thank you very much. Nora hi Nora, On 19.02.2010 14:20, noorhanabbas wrote: > Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table > that was created using access. > I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither > word nor excel... Do you want an Access report or an Excel export of it? The Excel expor...

Not Recvd Report?
Is it possible to create a report that would show everything on a PO that is not recvd? We generate a few large POs each week to the same few vendors, and specify no backorders from each. We receive the orders into RMS, commit them and generate a recd items report to reconcile with the invoice. When we commit we cancel the backorders, but we do not get is a report of items that are not shipped - since there are usually only a few and they are automatically re-ordered the following week, it is usually not a problem, but we need to know about items that are not shipped for a few weeks in ...

using publisher to create a report card
Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant change the text? I guess the easiest way is to put the text on the master page, and just have a table you can tab through on the actual page. -- -Robin Corn, Ontarget www.windowlight.co.nz/ontarget/publisher Publisher Resource Site. "Rob" <rwyner@spoint.wnyric.org> wrote in message news:060d01c3563e$0e546980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so > that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant > change the text...

Add Trans fields to A/R Detail Report
I'd like to add ReferenceNumber and Comment fields from Transaction to the Accounts Receivable Detail Report. but I don't know how to do the joins to do it. I've tried joining the transaction table but it errors out. Maybe because there's a procedure call as a table in there? Have any of you added Trans fields to the A/R Aging rpts? Thanks, Rick Brown DataBasics Never mind - there's one in the reports library. "Rick Brown" <rb@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:upHURK0dJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'd like to add ReferenceNumbe...

How to use a single table database hierarchy with Report Builder?
I have a table called “Units” that contains a single-table hierarchy; each unit has a parent unit except the topmost unit. This is represented in the table using the standard adjacency model: UnitID [Primary Key] UnitDescription …other fields… ParentUnitID [‘Points to’ UnitID in this table via a relationship] For example, here are some rows in the table: UnitID UnitDescription ParentUnitID 7 Total College NULL 5 Non-Academic Depts 7 12 Academic Depts 7 3 Math Dept 12 14 English Dept 12 65 Chemistry Dept 12 Now, what I want...

Why does Excel 2000 stop working after installing Crystal Reports.
I installed Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 to a user's laptop. The Crystal Reports works fine, as well as all other MS Office applications, except Excel 2000. A memory address error pops up when attempting to start Excel? Can anyone help? ...

chart blank on report
I am trying to insert a chart in the footer section of a report to summarize the data for each RepType. I use the chart wizard and when I view the chart in the wizard it looks correct. As soon as I print preview the report nothing shows up at all in the chart, just a blank box except for the chart title. The RepType is both the child and master link fields. Pleae help! Thanks for the suggestion, but that still didn't work. I think it has something to do with the linked child and master fields. As soon as I set those to blank then the chart shows up, but I want the chart to cha...

Deferred Revenue Report #2
I need to write a report on deferred revenue by contract by customer. Can someone tell me what tables to look in? Are there any builtin GP or FRX reports for deferred revenue? Someone told me to look in the PP tables, and there are no PP tables in 6.0. Can someone please guide me specifically to the tables I need to focus on? Thank you in advance. ...

SOP Shipment Reports
There are reports in 7.5 that are in the SOP module with Shipment in the name, like SOP Long Shipment Report. However, neither I nor the support person at MBS can determine what these reports are. They look like invoices but I can't determine what transaction would post them. Does anybody know? Hi Charles, The shipping documents are part of a feature added by our globalization team for Germany only and has specific requirements/rules that pertain specifically to a shipping document (which is a type of Order document). I'm not familiar with the specifics of the feature though. ...