Data Not Displaying

I am having a weird instance with my report not showing a couple of data.
This report is based on a table and has 7 groups.  The weird instance is on
group 1, where some of the data appeared but not all.  For example, here are
my data :

ColA       ColB         ColC    ColD ....

So far, I have detected that in ColC, the data does not show in all rows.
Ex.: I have 13 rows all together, but in rows 3 and 6, Col C is blank.
I checked the data in the table and they're all there. It is just not
showing up on the report. I checked the Conditional Formating for this
textbox, but there is no conditional formatting setup. What's going on????
Has anyone seen this before??? Help!! Any pointers are very much appreciated!
Thanks a bunch in advance!

Perhaps the Hide Duplicates property is set?

"Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a weird instance with my report not showing a couple of data.
> This report is based on a table and has 7 groups.  The weird instance is
> on
> group 1, where some of the data appeared but not all.  For example, here
> are
> my data :
>
> ColA       ColB         ColC    ColD ....
>
> So far, I have detected that in ColC, the data does not show in all rows.
> Ex.: I have 13 rows all together, but in rows 3 and 6, Col C is blank.
> I checked the data in the table and they're all there. It is just not
> showing up on the report. I checked the Conditional Formating for this
> textbox, but there is no conditional formatting setup. What's going on????
> Has anyone seen this before??? Help!! Any pointers are very much
> appreciated!
> Thanks a bunch in advance!

0
Allen
6/23/2007 3:08:54 AM
Allen thanks for your reply.
I checked the Hide Duplicates property, and it is NOT set.
I even tried deleting the textbox and dragging the field onto the report
again...Same problem. I wonder what's going on??? I'm really pulling my hair
on this one! Any other possibilities?
Thanks.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Perhaps the Hide Duplicates property is set?

> "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a weird instance with my report not showing a couple of data.
> > This report is based on a table and has 7 groups.  The weird instance is
> > on
> > group 1, where some of the data appeared but not all.  For example, here
> > are
> > my data :
> >
> > ColA       ColB         ColC    ColD ....
> >
> > So far, I have detected that in ColC, the data does not show in all rows.
> > Ex.: I have 13 rows all together, but in rows 3 and 6, Col C is blank.
> > I checked the data in the table and they're all there. It is just not
> > showing up on the report. I checked the Conditional Formating for this
> > textbox, but there is no conditional formatting setup. What's going on????
> > Has anyone seen this before??? Help!! Any pointers are very much
> > appreciated!
> > Thanks a bunch in advance!

Okay, you have established that the problem occurs in row 3, ColC (as one
example.) You might examine the contents of this cell in more detail.

The table that ColC comes from should have a primary key field. For this
example, we will assume the pk is named ID, and the ID field contains the
value 4 on row 3. Open the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G) and ask Access some
questions about the contents of this field on that row. Use DLookup() after
a question mark, e.g.:
    ? DLookup("ColC", "Table1", "ID = 4")

What does it return? Is there an extra blank line at the start of the result
(i.e. the field begins with a carriage return)? You can ask for the Ascii
character of the start of the field like this:
    ? Asc(DLookup("ColC", "Table1", "ID = 4"))

How many characters are returned? To see if there are any hidden characters
messing up the data, compare what you see to:
    ? Len(DLookup("ColC", "Table1", "ID = 4"))

If you open the table in design view, what data type is ColC?

For help with DLookup(), see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html

> Allen thanks for your reply.
> I checked the Hide Duplicates property, and it is NOT set.
> I even tried deleting the textbox and dragging the field onto the report
> again...Same problem. I wonder what's going on??? I'm really pulling my
> hair
> on this one! Any other possibilities?
> Thanks.
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the Hide Duplicates property is set?
>>
>> "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having a weird instance with my report not showing a couple of
>> >data.
>> > This report is based on a table and has 7 groups.  The weird instance
>> > is
>> > on
>> > group 1, where some of the data appeared but not all.  For example,
>> > here
>> > are
>> > my data :
>> >
>> > ColA       ColB         ColC    ColD ....
>> >
>> > So far, I have detected that in ColC, the data does not show in all
>> > rows.
>> > Ex.: I have 13 rows all together, but in rows 3 and 6, Col C is blank.
>> > I checked the data in the table and they're all there. It is just not
>> > showing up on the report. I checked the Conditional Formating for this
>> > textbox, but there is no conditional formatting setup. What's going
>> > on????
>> > Has anyone seen this before??? Help!! Any pointers are very much
>> > appreciated!
>> > Thanks a bunch in advance!

0
Allen

Display custom field on task pane
I have created a custom form for my contact information. Now I would like for one of those custom fields to be displayed when I create a task for one of these contacts. The task is already linked to the contact through the name, but I can't seem to pull in any other information from the contact form. Is this possible? You would have to write code in a custom form or an Outlook add-in to = return the linked contact, retrieve the value of the contact's field, = and assign it to a property on the task item. For an example, see = http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D566 ...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Weird inconsistent display in Outlook
Hi, This is not an Outlook issue as it happens in OWA as well. When opening the address book in Outlook or OWA from an Exchange 2003 system the Phone No, Title and Office detail of any User or Contact display properly but when opening the Propertirs box of certain users or contacts the display is completely wrong i.e. no Title, Office, Tel no or anything. The only info being displayed is the AD-name in the Display Name box in the following format: Outlook: /o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Alias OWA: EX:/o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/c...

Why wont Word open Excel data source in mailmerge?
I am following the Help step by step, but each time i try to open data source it wont. I have saved the correct version in Excel and have renamed it etc MOSH "won't" means what? Do you get an error message? You cannot browse to an Excel file and use it? You have no ODBC driver for Excel? If the latter, you may have to re-configure and add that driver. Go to Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel) and double-click on Data Sources(ODBC). In User DSN what do you see for drivers? If no Excel, click on Add and find Excel on the list(not Excel do). Select and "...

Hard-code source data
Is there any method other than using Dynamic Names/OFFSET to force a chart to always use specific columns and rows, regardless of whether or not new ones are added. We have multiple spreadsheets that track monthly metrics. Each month a new column is added representing a new month of data. I always want to show columns B-M to refelct the past twelve months. Currently when I add a new column representing a new month,the charts dymanically change to show columns C-N and I have to change over 20 charts back to B-M. Thanks! Melanie Martin Melanie - The way to handle this is with dynami...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Macro required to copy -past data to first empty row
Hi Expert, I am in need of such a macro or code by which I can copy & paste data from a particular row to first empty row of given row range. Kindly help. Regards, Vikky Hi Vikky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Or if you want to find the row number of the last cell with data in a range see http://www.rondebruin.nl/last.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174498666.568772.117750@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi Expert, > > I am in need of such a macro or code by ...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Querying Data from Access
All, I am using the charting features in Excel 2007 to build various charts from data stored in Access. I want the user to be able to select the Region, Country, or Site that he wishes to see data for, along with a range of dates. I have queries in Access that will summarize the data the way I need it. What I would like to know, is how do I "paramaterize" the queries so that I can use the dates the user chooses, for example? Thanks, Steve Here is a good example from EXCEL VBA 2003. for I think what you're wanting Public Sub CallStoredProcedure() Const Co...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

display after converting lotus
After converting lotus files to excel... the outline of each cell as dispalyed on the screen disappears to reveal a white only background. How do I get the outline of each cell to reappear? Thanks John You could make your own list picking the data from here http://cherbe.free.fr/traduc_fonctions_xl97.html make it into a table and use vlookup I also believe Norman Harker is working on one.. Look in the newsgroups for his name and email him and if your home is good he might send you one for free <g> -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" <jfrasercpa@cs.com> wrote in message...

Sorting specific data
X-No-Archive: yes I need help to sort the contents of a cell. Cell A1= 01201 I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The result should be =21100 What is the simplest formula that I can use to achieve this? I would like to learn how to do this. Thamks On 10 Jun 2005 03:56:44 -0700, virfir97@yahoo.com wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > >I need help to sort the contents of a cell. >Cell A1= 01201 > >I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The >result should be =21100 > >What is the simplest formula that I can use to ac...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

Outlook 2007 stops acquiring data from Exchange
A week ago I noticed that Outlook 2007 on an old desktop in a guest room no longer was downloading any data from the Exchange server at work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of but nothing seems to change this. Meanwhile, three other computers at home (we have a site-license arrangement which allows us to use Office on our home computers) with Outlook 2007 are having no problems at all with my Outlook account. Here is what I have tried so far: 1. Deleting the .ost file. Outlook acquires a few thousand kilobytes of data and then simply stops. The last entry in event viewer is an...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

trendline equation does not display correctly
I am using Excel 2007. When I change the order of the trendline from 2 to 3, the cubic term does not appear. If I rasie the order to 4 there is still no cubic term. Only when I raise the order to 5 does the cubic term appear. I suspect that the higher order terms are not displaying. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have sent the file to people who are using Excel 2003 and they have no problem getting the trendline equation to display correctly. Rick - Please provide a (small) data set so that this problem can be replicated. When I have a set of XY points that are approximat...

copy data into comments?
How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday I don't think you can do this in a comment, but I good be wrong(I hope) All you want to know about Comments you can find here http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Richard Miller" <miller49@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:bg615b$uvj$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? > > -- > Rich...