Custom Grouping - 112195

I have a table with dates and expenses.  Billing cycle starts on on the 24th
of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx).  I
want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days.
 Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar.  For
example, I want the report to appear like:

Week Starting               Date                Expense

24-Feb

                                  24-Feb              $10
                                  25-Feb              $15
                                  26-Feb              $8
                                  27-Feb              $23
                                  28-Feb              $50
                                   1-Mar               $3
                                   2-Mar               $13

                                Week Total         $XXXX

3-Mar

                                  3-Mar               $30
                                  etc.  etc..
                                 Week Total       $XXX

I was able to make custom grouping equal to 7 days, but the Access makes the
week start on Sunday.  Is there any way I can tell Access to group the days
together the way I want?  I know this seems confusing and appreciate any help
than anyone can provide.  Thanks!

I expect you have a date field which you can simply add or subtract a number
of days. Your Sorting and Grouping Field/Expression might look like:
  =[ExpenseDate]+3

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"*Glen*" wrote:

> I have a table with dates and expenses.  Billing cycle starts on on the 24th
> of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx).  I
> want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days.
>  Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar.  For
> example, I want the report to appear like:
>
> Week Starting               Date                Expense
>
> 24-Feb
>
>                                   24-Feb              $10
>                                   25-Feb              $15
>                                   26-Feb              $8
>                                   27-Feb              $23
>                                   28-Feb              $50
>                                    1-Mar               $3
>                                    2-Mar               $13
>
>                                 Week Total         $XXXX
>
> 3-Mar
>
>                                   3-Mar               $30
>                                   etc.  etc..
>                                  Week Total       $XXX
>

> I was able to make custom grouping equal to 7 days, but the Access makes the
> week start on Sunday.  Is there any way I can tell Access to group the days
> together the way I want?  I know this seems confusing and appreciate any help
> than anyone can provide.  Thanks!

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Sql Server Group Database Location?
Hi, I just recently installed MS CRM 3.0 (SQLServer 2000) The installation instruction specify creating the CRM database under the local Sql Server Group. Something about this doesn't seem right and I want to double check. The Great Plains database is not installed under the LOCAL group, rather it is installed under BRESLOW-DC\GREATPLAINS. (GP8.0) Why isn't the MS CRM database installed under a similar group, in our case BRESLOW-DC\CRM or even under the same group BRESLOW-DC\GREATPLAINS. It doesn;t feel right that it is installed under the LOCAL SQL Server Group. Please confir...

Counting Unique Values within a Group
I have a report that lists students by grade and the amount of money donated by that student's family. If the parents are divorced, the student's name is listed twice, once for each parent. I want to count only the unique student record in each grade. DCount is giving me the count for the whole school regardless of what group detail i put it in. How do I count only the unique records within each grouping? Thanks in advance. I would attempt to create a totals query that groups by whatever and counts something. Add this totals query to your report's record source...

Public store restore to different Storage Group
Is it possible to do a restore of a Public Folder store to a different Storage Group on the same server ? I want to recover some deleted items, but don't want to overwrite/unmount the same store on my production server. I just want to pick up some items from the restore. Just like the Recorvery Storage Group for Private Stores. Or can I only restore the Public Store to another server ? Greetz rwillkomm@ortec.nl ...

Grouping view in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi It's possible to group or count a view in Grid in CRM 3.0. When I create new view in Advance Phonecall I don't see any grouping or counting fileds. In grid I have: Subject | State Task 1 1 Task 2 1 Task 1 1 Task 1 1 and I want: Subject | State Task 1 3 Task 2 1 Thanks, Andrej Answered in Dev group. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Andrej" <Andrej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D049221E-F7E9-4531-9098-0C6BB14D8BA0@microsoft.com... Hi It's possible to grou...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Outlook 2003 Profile Confguration via Group Policy
Hi I am looking for a way to change an existing Outlook 2003 email profile to change the exchange server via Group Policy. We are performing the migration of the mailbox using quest however we need a way to configure the users mail profile to point to the new email server in a different AD forest (therefore the new email server is in a different forest and exchange org). Thanks -- Alan You can create a prf-file via the Office Resource Kit. You can then deploy and execute this file via a logon script. If this is a managed Office deployment, then you could also deploy a...

Grouping columns
I have a spreadsheet where the columns of data are in logical groups. For example, I have 5 columns of data for the month of February, followed by the same 5 columns but for March etc. What I want to do is than when the user scrolls right or left the whole of one month moves and not part of it. is there some way to group the columns so that they will scroll as a unit? Jonathan Blitz AnyKey Limited Israel You can use one unused row, like row 1, and merge the 5 cells across for each month..........then use that row to do your scrolling....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jonatha...

Alphabetize Group Members
I have a client using Outlook 2000. She has created several distribution lists (groups) and is wanting a print out of the group members. When we check the "properties" of the distribution list (group), the names are in alphabetical order. But when we print out the list, the names appear to be in a more random order. How can we obtain an alphabetical print out of the members of a distribution list (group)? ---------- Bonnie What do you see if you simply open the DL? Is this a DL or a group? You keep using both terms. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bonnie Keithley"...

Repient Policy for Distribution Groups
Is there a way to define a recipient policy to apply to a group. We are hosting multiple domains on our exchange server based on Business Unit. I need a way to create distribution lists that are tied to these business units. We are currently using recipient policies for the users that key off of the Company tab to generate the email address, but this is not possible for the groups. The RUS has to be tied to an attribute of the user and group membership does not meet that criteria. You'll have to pick another field that you can populate to make this work. Nue "Prashant"...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Simple Format for Customer Statement
Hello All Is there available another format for printing customer statements? I'm mostly interested in a format that shows charges and payments without all the details and allocation to invoices. In other words I need a statement is the old fashion simple (Debit, Credit, Balance) format. Thank you Thanks Morris, I'll try it out. "Morris Paint" wrote: > This is our current statement. We are having another one written that shows > current period transactions in one area and all open invoices in another. > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

When grouping, what causes the error "Cannot shift objects off the sheet"
I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Consultin Shifting off the sheet refers to moving beyond the boundaries of the spreadsheet. You may be using a macro to group. >-----Original Message----- > >. > Since grouping involves hiding columns, the following MSKB article may help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769 Also, Dave Peterson posted this a...

Creating a calculation based on a grouping
I have a database used to record invoices (vendor, date, number, service period beginning and end, amount, etc.). My report shows the records for a specific time frame. (In the database, the service period is entered as: SvPeriod: 1/01/2008, SvPeriodEnd: 1/31/2008.) The records are grouped by vendor and then by service period. However, when creating the report, I chose to use SvPeriod by Month, in which case Access turned the SvPeriod date into the actual month and year and created the "SvPeriod by Month" field. (For example, it took 1/01/2008 and created January 2008.) ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...