Crosstab Graph Report not showing Parameters in text box

I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
Any suggestions?

I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
=Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?

"Alaska1" wrote:

> I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> Any suggestions?
The data is actually in table and in the query.  I do not have that data
displaying on the form.  Only in the table and the query.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
> able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
> =Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
> questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?
>

> "Alaska1" wrote:
>
> > I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> > parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> > they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> > Any suggestions?
If your criteria values are stored in a table, you can either use the table
in the record source of a report/subreport or use DLookup() or use code.

--

"Alaska1" wrote:

> The data is actually in table and in the query.  I do not have that data
> displaying on the form.  Only in the table and the query.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
> > able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
> > =Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
> > questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?
> >

> > "Alaska1" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> > > parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> > > they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> > > Any suggestions?

All values in a report unaffected by date filters
When you change the date to reference the quantities and total sales of merchandise for the entire year or a month, the figures stay the same. It doesnt matter which dates are set as the filters, since the figures seem to never change. This is the only report affected by this odd error. Im thinking it may have something to do with the way the report template was created. Some error in the script in regards to date. Any feed back on this would be great. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01C85E06.0B46E770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quo...

Print record using a report I've created?
Hi all, Unusual question possibly. I've created a database for the company I work for which has an input form when the file is opened. There are buttons on the form which allow the user to press them to see a list of records which meet the requirements. (One button says 'Windows' and it shows all of the records with the 'Item' field containing the word 'Windows' - but you get the idea.) The form that prints out is a report I have created which has a signature box at the bottom so the engineer can get the customer to sign to say the job has been completed...

Text on Master Page missing in publication
Hello, I have created a 2-page Master Page spread. In the Master pages, everything is formatted correctly, within printing margins, and nothing overtly wrong is staring me in the face. At the bottom of the left Master Page, I have the words "The Big League! The Fun League!", aligned to the right. When I apply this master page to my publications, the words "The Fun League!" have dropped off and "The Big League!" is still visible, but aligned all the way to the right. I tried moving the sentence farther over on the bottom of the Master Page and res...

Totals in Report

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (wpd) files? Not that I know of There isn't a converter for Word to WordPerfect. I think your best bet is to have the WordPerfect users save the file as RTF and then e-mail it to you. You can open RTF in Word and then save it and send it back to be opened in WordPerfect. You could also try downloading a free copy of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Mac: <http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/pub/Macintosh/Applications/Corel/Corel_WP_35e.sea ..bin>. That program might allow you to open the WordPerfect file(s). If it does, sa...

graphing question
I have a series of graphs based on data of 5 variables for 10 countries There is a graph for each variable, and they are sorted by rank. I there any way to make it so that each country has the same color bar i each graph? For example, the bar for the "US" is blue in every graph regardless of the position? Thanks -- anantathake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- anantathaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1813 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37995 ...

Drop down box issue
I have an excel template file that has drop down boxes for a user to pick certain options. The user picks what they need and then saves the file under a new name. The problem is that when they open that file, they are still able to edit the information within the drop-down box. Is there a way to set this up so that the first time they use the template, the drop down box is available BUT once they save their file, the cells with the drop down box only shows the information they picked and the drop down option is no longer available? Thanks, Jasper ...

IMF
I have installed SP2 on an exchange 2003 server, I want to configure IMF to run on my default smtp virtual server. Under Global settings/Message Delivery/Properties I have a "Intelligent Message Filtering" Tab. However when I go to <Server Name>/Protocols/SMTP there is NO "Intelligent Message Filtering Properties" available so I cannot not turn it on for that virtual server. What am I missing here? Thanks -- Syracuse NY Are you administering your Exchange server from the server itself? Or from your workstation? If you aren't running ESM on the serve...

Outlook "select names" dialog box hangs
Why would Outlook "select names" dialog box hang every time it's invoked (Ex. Clicking the "To:" button in a new message) for a few minutes before one can choose anything? Thanks! R ...

Groups of mail boxes in Outlook Express
Hello! I often send similar emails to the same group of people (=the same mail boxes). How to send one message into the a few emails at one time, but previously having thrown them into the one group, so I would type not "example@example.com; example1@example.com; example2@example.com", but I would like to type one group of emails: "EXAMBLE GROUP". Is it possible to do it in Win XP Home Edition Outlook Express? If so how? Thank you in advance for help M. Open Tools, Address Book, then click New, New Group... Add the individuals to the group then send to the group ...

Simple graph #2
I have a range of data corresponding to several years: Year Amount 1997 100 1998 150 1999 200 2000 250 etc How can I display a graph with this range that shows the amounts in a bar graph on the Y axis and the years along the bottom on the X axis. If I use the wizard it tries to compare 1997 to 100 which is obviously not what I want to do. Hi, The quickest way is to clear the cell that contains the word Year and then use the wizard. Excel is trying to help you, although not successfully, by using the column headers as a clue that you have two data series. Cheers Andy Ant...

Excel 2007 RTM Bug
I'm using Excel 2007 to Connect to a SQL Server 2005 Analysis Server. The Show / Hide (+/-) buttons are not displaying when I add more than one dimenstion to a Row Label. This functionality worked in beta 2 but not in beta 2 trf. Excel 2007 is installed on the same machine as SQL 2005 AS. Thanks in advance for the help ...

Report problem 11-20-09
Hi Guys, I have a form where you can enter employee details. Each employee has to be trained on 9 different jobs so there were too many controls to fit on a single form, so i created a Tab Control to split it up into manageable sections. Altogether there's about 150 controls and when i try to create a report based on the form, i'm told i've too many controls etc. I actually only need to print the details from one of the 9 tabs at a time and the whole thing has become a bit of a mess. Would anyone have a suggestion as to how i could overcome this problem. Pleas...

List box value returns the row number of the list box range row
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a list box set up on a worksheet and I want the user to select a value from the list box, and then have that value entered into a cell when a button is clicked. When I run/step through the macro, it takes a value and places it into the appropriate cell. The problem is that the value which is placed in the cell is not the value from the listbox, but the row number of the value that was chosen. Using the below row numbers and values as an example; if I select value 7 from the list box, the val...

what does "you can only type in a text box, table mean?
I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! LA LA <LA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up > says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". > I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! This emssage appears when you don't have an object selec...

How to make check box for select specific field form table?
Greeting, I would like to create a form that able the user to select fields using check box and allows it to print the specified fields. For example, I have Student table and it has the following fields: First name Mid name Last name Age Group No. ….. Suppose that a user wants to display or print only first name, last name and group no. How can I do that please??? Should I use a query or form or what?? Many thanks You will need to be comfortable writing VBA code to achieve this. Design the report so it has all the fields you could wish to display. Design the form where the user selec...

Money 2004 Investment Report
I am trying to generate a Miney 2004 investment report which shows the stock symbol. All the investment reports which I have been able to generate include only the stock name. I don't see any customization option which when checked would allow me to include the stock symbol. I want to display the stock symbol and stock name on a report and then export the report to an Excel spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Brian... In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >I am trying to generate a Miney 2004 investment report >which shows the stock symbol. All the invest...

How to get "Report by Transaction" output sorted A-Z by Category
Hi, When generating a full report, categories come out reverse-sorted (Z to A). I cannot find anywhere in the clunky interface how to have them sorted A to Z. Can someone please help me? Many thanks. Sue (newbie to Money) In microsoft.public.money, Susan B. wrote: >Hi, >When generating a full report, categories come out reverse-sorted (Z to >A). I cannot find anywhere in the clunky interface how to have them >sorted A to Z. > >Can someone please help me? Try clicking the column heading a time or two. In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: >In micr...

Quoting part of text?
Ive been using TheBat by ritlabs for some time now. Just started usin outlook 2003. In TheBat I can highlight text in a email I received an quote just that text in my reply then just type my response underneat it. Is there a way to do this in outlook 2003 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Darrin <Darrin.116xq1@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Ive been using TheBat by ritlabs for some time now. Just started using > outlook 2003. In TheBat I can highlig...

Help text for fields...
Hello, how can I create a help text for a field in a crmform? --Label--------------------------------- | | | fieldname1 [Textbox1] description | | fieldname2 [Textbox2] of the value | | fieldname3 [Textbox3] in the box | |________________________________| I need descriptions for each value in a picklist or a textbox. But how can I create "HTML Text"? Did you know a other way to describe this? Thanks, Stefan You could use an iframe to show a custom html page and design the custom page to look like par...

Excel 2003
Word 2003 has a feature whereby you can select part of the text in a cell and apply shading to only that text. Does Excel have such a feature - or something similar? I need to put black shading on a few words of text in a cell, but not on ALL the text in that cell. You can do this if the cell contains text. You can't do it if the cell contains a formula. Select the cell, then highlight the appropriate characters in the formula and apply the formatting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Peppermint" <P...

Error when trying to use reports
I am getting a strange error whenever I click the reports tab in CRM. If I click the reports tab I get an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information please contact your system administrator." I have options for try again and cancel. I should have access to this feature as I am an admin and can access all other pages. Is there a security setting somewhere that I might have missed for the reports? I know that a few other people are able to use the reporting functionality that is built in. I could see if the error message gave more information but what th...

How can I hide the date displayed in the associated text box for .
I am using Pin Milestones to link events to points on the timeline. Showing the actual date abover the text describing the event is not really necessary as the pin links to the date in the timeline. Moreover the date entry takes up a whole line space above the event text. As I am pushed for space on the timeline I would welcome techniques for hiding the date displayed. Hi John, The date portion of the Pin milestone shape is a text box - you can click on the textbox and hit <space> <escape> to remove the date text. It can be a bit tricky because there is some shape protect...

GP 10Cost Change History Report
Hello, Has anyone experienced data issues with the Cost Change History report within GP 10? We have experienced an issue where an item number "Previous Cost" seems to be inherited from the previous item number "Updated Cost". Example: Item Number Previous Cost Updated Cost ABC $5.00 $10.00 XYZ $10.00 $90.00 The issues we see are this extreme, $10.00 to $90.00. We know the cost of XYZ has never been set to $10.00. These date issues can be seen throughout the report. We have also s...

turn off generate previews in print dialog box for Pub 2007
On the print dialog box, publisher 207 automatically generates a small preview. If your document is graphic-rich (which it will be, with publisher), it takes too long to generate this. Especially if you want current page, then it generates two pages - twice as long to wait. If I want a print preview, I can choose this. So how do I turn off this option on the print dialog box? I don't think you can. It could be a memory issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jtcho" <jtcho@discussions.microso...