Cross-Tab Query - Report

I have a cross-tab query that works as desired.  I can get it to post to a
report.  My problem is the report (legal - landscape mode) is limited to 12
items.  How can I get the report to go beyond the 12 items?  The data in the
cross-tab query will take multiple pages to print all the data.  Is there a
way to get the report to pick up with the next "12" items if the cross-tab
has more than 12 items?

I can post a stripped-down version of the database if needed.

Creating a dynamic cross-tab report is by no means easy, but it can be done.
Here's Microsoft's take on it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328320/en-us

Other approaches you might consider are:

- use a form in Pivot Table view.  These are fiendishly counter-intuitive to
set up, but quite useful once you've got the hang of it.  However,
formatting them for printing (headers/footers and the like) is hopeless.
- export the data to Excel and do a pivot table there.

>I have a cross-tab query that works as desired.  I can get it to post to a
> report.  My problem is the report (legal - landscape mode) is limited to
> 12
> items.  How can I get the report to go beyond the 12 items?  The data in
> the
> cross-tab query will take multiple pages to print all the data.  Is there
> way to get the report to pick up with the next "12" items if the cross-tab
> has more than 12 items?
>
> I can post a stripped-down version of the database if needed.

0
Baz
12/29/2007 6:35:29 AM
Yea, I've considered exporting the data to Excel.  But what I'd like is if
the process could take the first 15 column records and print all the pages
for those items and then continue with the next 15 column records.

I've yet to find a way to do it.

"Baz" wrote:

> Creating a dynamic cross-tab report is by no means easy, but it can be done.
> Here's Microsoft's take on it:

> Other approaches you might consider are:
>
> - use a form in Pivot Table view.  These are fiendishly counter-intuitive to
> set up, but quite useful once you've got the hang of it.  However,
> formatting them for printing (headers/footers and the like) is hopeless.
> - export the data to Excel and do a pivot table there.
>
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a cross-tab query that works as desired.  I can get it to post to a
> > report.  My problem is the report (legal - landscape mode) is limited to
> > 12
> > items.  How can I get the report to go beyond the 12 items?  The data in
> > the
> > cross-tab query will take multiple pages to print all the data.  Is there
> > way to get the report to pick up with the next "12" items if the cross-tab
> > has more than 12 items?
> >
> > I can post a stripped-down version of the database if needed.

Have you considered doing it as multiple reports, one which does the 1st 15
column values, another which does the next 15 and so on?  Maybe you could
then include them all in a single report as sub-reports?

> Yea, I've considered exporting the data to Excel.  But what I'd like is if
> the process could take the first 15 column records and print all the pages
> for those items and then continue with the next 15 column records.
>
> I've yet to find a way to do it.
>
> "Baz" wrote:
>
>> Creating a dynamic cross-tab report is by no means easy, but it can be
>> done.
>> Here's Microsoft's take on it:

>> Other approaches you might consider are:
>>
>> - use a form in Pivot Table view.  These are fiendishly counter-intuitive
>> set up, but quite useful once you've got the hang of it.  However,
>> formatting them for printing (headers/footers and the like) is hopeless.
>> - export the data to Excel and do a pivot table there.
>>
>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a cross-tab query that works as desired.  I can get it to post to
>> > report.  My problem is the report (legal - landscape mode) is limited
>> > 12
>> > items.  How can I get the report to go beyond the 12 items?  The data
>> > in
>> > the
>> > cross-tab query will take multiple pages to print all the data.  Is
>> > there
>> > way to get the report to pick up with the next "12" items if the
>> > cross-tab
>> > has more than 12 items?
>> >
>> > I can post a stripped-down version of the database if needed.

0
Baz
12/30/2007 8:36:49 AM
There is a sample crosstab report at
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane which
allows for any number of columns. "extra" columns are wrapped under the first
set of columns. This is much more flexible and efficient than the MS solution.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Baz" wrote:

> Have you considered doing it as multiple reports, one which does the 1st 15
> column values, another which does the next 15 and so on?  Maybe you could
> then include them all in a single report as sub-reports?
>
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yea, I've considered exporting the data to Excel.  But what I'd like is if
> > the process could take the first 15 column records and print all the pages
> > for those items and then continue with the next 15 column records.
> >
> > I've yet to find a way to do it.
> >
> > "Baz" wrote:
> >
> >> Creating a dynamic cross-tab report is by no means easy, but it can be
> >> done.
> >> Here's Microsoft's take on it:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328320/en-us
> >>
> >> Other approaches you might consider are:
> >>
> >> - use a form in Pivot Table view.  These are fiendishly counter-intuitive
> >> set up, but quite useful once you've got the hang of it.  However,
> >> formatting them for printing (headers/footers and the like) is hopeless.
> >> - export the data to Excel and do a pivot table there.
> >>
> >> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

That sound like exactly what the OP needs.

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> There is a sample crosstab report at
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane which
> allows for any number of columns. "extra" columns are wrapped under the
> first
> set of columns. This is much more flexible and efficient than the MS
> solution.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Baz" wrote:
>
>> Have you considered doing it as multiple reports, one which does the 1st
>> 15
>> column values, another which does the next 15 and so on?  Maybe you could
>> then include them all in a single report as sub-reports?
>>
>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yea, I've considered exporting the data to Excel.  But what I'd like is
>> > if
>> > the process could take the first 15 column records and print all the
>> > pages
>> > for those items and then continue with the next 15 column records.
>> >
>> > I've yet to find a way to do it.

0
Baz
12/31/2007 9:17:10 AM
Can't access the page.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> There is a sample crosstab report at
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane which
> allows for any number of columns. "extra" columns are wrapped under the first
> set of columns. This is much more flexible and efficient than the MS solution.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Baz" wrote:
>
> > Have you considered doing it as multiple reports, one which does the 1st 15
> > column values, another which does the next 15 and so on?  Maybe you could
> > then include them all in a single report as sub-reports?
> >
> > "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yea, I've considered exporting the data to Excel.  But what I'd like is if
> > > the process could take the first 15 column records and print all the pages
> > > for those items and then continue with the next 15 column records.
> > >
> > > I've yet to find a way to do it.

Works for me. Maybe try this direct link.
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Cross%20Tab'

--

"Chris" wrote:

> Can't access the page.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > There is a sample crosstab report at
> > http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane which
> > allows for any number of columns. "extra" columns are wrapped under the first
> > set of columns. This is much more flexible and efficient than the MS solution.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "Baz" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you considered doing it as multiple reports, one which does the 1st 15
> > > column values, another which does the next 15 and so on?  Maybe you could
> > > then include them all in a single report as sub-reports?
> > >
> > > "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

It works now, I can confirm that it wasn't working yesterday.

> Works for me. Maybe try this direct link.
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Cross%20Tab'
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Chris" wrote:
>
>> Can't access the page.
>>
>> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>>
>> > There is a sample crosstab report at
>> > http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane
>> > which
>> > allows for any number of columns. "extra" columns are wrapped under the
>> > first
>> > set of columns. This is much more flexible and efficient than the MS
>> > solution.
>> > --
>> > Duane Hookom
>> > Microsoft Access MVP
>> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
>> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm

0
Baz

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

Pls recommend a replacement for Microsoft Query
Hello: could anyone recommend a third-party solution to query sql server database from Excel, a replacement for the stinking Microsoft Query? thanks, Vadim Rapp Vadim I don't have a suggestion, but is there anything specific you can't do with the sql/msquery combo? I've not used sql, but regularly use Client access with AS400 and Access. Mostly flawlessly. I tend however to write the query in the server tool, rather than try and query in MSQuery -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vadim Rapp"...

Reports access
Hi how to block access to the reports for a group of users I don't believe you can do this. Bear in mind that a user will only see the records in a report that their security role permits them to with read access. Regards PeterC "usankar" wrote: > Hi > > how to block access to the reports for a group of users ...

rounding in report
in my report the unitprice field is rounding up. in the form it is 833.33 but in the report it is just 833.00? any suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 ...

changing report headings names
I would like to give the user the option of changing the report heading names, I can do this with the Docmd.openreport, stdocname, acviewdesign,,,achidden and then grab the current heading and display that heading and allow the user to change it. I then do a docmd.close acreport, stdocname, acSaveYes, this works just fine when I test but when I compile the program into a mde it doesn't like the it. Is there another way of doing this? Thanks for any help. Tom you can write the current heading names to a table, making sure the table holds only one record. add the table to the quer...

MS Query convert text to #
I am querying a data base that is returning a number as text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actual number in the query, before it is returned to excel??? Thanks to everyone that replies. In Microsoft Query, you can create a calculated field. For example, if the field name is ItemCode: Click in a blank column heading Type an expression to convert the text to a number, e.g.: ItemCode+0 or CLng(ItemCode) Return the data to Excel Shane wrote: > I am querying a data base that is returning a number as > text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actua...

Calculated Control Refers to Multiple Reports
I have five reports, which for formatting reasons cannot be combined into one. They all open automatically with one command and need to be paginated as if they are one report. The number of pages for each report will differ depending on the data entered for each record. Pagination for each report sums the total number of pages ([Pages]) for the previous reports. The calculated control in the reports looks like this: report name: Report 2 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1]![Pages]+1 report name: Report 3 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1...

Business Portal and Reporting Services on same server
Hello: There was a white paper published on CustomerSource for integrating BP 3.0 and SQL Reporting Services 2005 onto the same web server. We have both BP 3.0 and SRS 2005 correctly configured and are working just fine. BP is accessible to external customers and also works just fine. However, SRS does not. The white paper states that BP and SRS cannot be in the same web site and one of them needs to be running on a different web site and a different port. So, I set SRS to run on port 81. External users cannot view the SRS website on port 81. The firewall is also correctly configured to...

easiest way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report
Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report so that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and horizontal lines? You can use the Line method of the report in its Page event. Use a loop to repeat at whatever grid size you want. Measurements are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch This is how the Line method works: Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rathe...

Query to show empty cells
I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to show an empty cell? Try out the query with IsNull as criterion. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer the question? "xololady" wrote: > I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the > addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to sh...

Layaway report
Does anyone know how I can run a report that would show payments made by the customer on a layaway? Rob, Thanks for the report. Now would you know how I can add the sales rep to the report??? "Rob" wrote: > Attached is a Layaway Payment report. You need to be using a NewsReader like > Outlook Express to be able to see the attachement. > Thank Jeff for posting this report before. > > Rob > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:956D4184-B89D-4A1F-B461-0A890A08FC7C@microsoft.com... > > Does anyone kno...

Report Builder 1.0 Filter Prompts
I have created an ad-hoc report and want to add a filter. I understand that the Report Builder will only pre-populate the 'in this list' for that filter if the list contains less than a pre-determined number of entries. Fair enough. However, where can I find out what this magical number is...it would certainly be handy if I could be allowed to set the pre-determine number myself, or at least view it. I found an article that said that value is in the DataSource (or the DataSourceView) but I have found nothing that tells me what the tag, or the location of that special ...

Reports for Tasks
I have created a report that I would like to be able to run from the list view of Tasks. The report works fine. The report shows up when I open a Task. However, when I am looking at the list view of tasks, the report button is not visible. Does anyone know how I get this to appear? Do I have to edit the sitemap to add the button? TIA Saira I have the answer to my question. The grid bar does not change when swapping from Activities to Task, therefore I need to add Activities as the related object (when I upload the report). "Saira" <Saira@BayonetVentures.com> wrote i...

CRM REPORTS 01-18-07
Hi everyone. I've created reports using Reporting Services. I then imported these reports into CRM as part of a CRM development for a client. The client accesses our CRM website through the internet, using an ip address. They are then prompted for their credentials, which they then enter. They can successfully enter CRM, but cannot access our custom reports, however, they can access the standard CRM reports. I've successfully accessed CRM and the reports via the internet, using their credentials. Basically, I can access everything from my side, but they can only access CRM and ...

Add ins Tabs
Hi.Can anyone teach me how to put menu commands in the add-ins tabs and how to lock design view.Hope you can teach me.Thank you. ...

Emailing report sections
Access 2007 I have a report that I sorted bye sales groups, In each sales group are the details. I need to email to each group their part of the report. I would even be ok with coping and pasting the groups. So far I have run into a blank wall.. Thanks in advance Bob Biss wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have a report that I sorted bye sales groups, In each sales group are > the details. > > I need to email to each group their part of the report. I would even be > ok with coping and pasting the groups. > > So far I have run into ...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Record Notes Report
Is there a Record Notes report? We'd like to print out all the notes attached to customer records. You could do this by creating a custom report in Report Writer or using a SQL query. Join the SY03900(Record Notes master) to the RM00101(Customer Master) on the NOTEINDX field. Alternatively, you could pull this into a Crystal Report. If you use Report Writer you may have to first create the relationship between the tables. VGrinam "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a Record Notes report? We'd like to print out all the notes > attached to customer records. ...

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

money 2002 only reports one discrentary account.
I want to have a cash flow report that I can rely on. Money 2002 reports my dining as trended , which is fine because its defined as discretionary. However there are other discretionay catagories that are on my credit card and checking account that are ignored ! Why is this. Are there any updates for Microsoft 2002 OEM version 10. Is there any q & a I can refer to? You have not provided enough information to understand your question. I use Money 2002 and its reports are excellent. Don't know what cash flow report you are talking about. The Cash Flow Review in Accounts...

where do I find the current user in crystal reports
Hi NG, topic says everything :-) Nicolas F�hrs Many Places Depending what you want to know? Active Directory, Deployment Manger, Web Cleint Top Left=20 Corner, OUTLOOK, Settings-Business Units-Users... Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi NG, > >topic says everything :-) > >Nicolas F=FChrs > > >. > ...

vehicle maintance report
would like to locate a template suitable for keeping a file on a fleet of vehicles that i maintain at my place of work. as far as which one, repairs done, when, milage, parts used list, and other type comments. just need some thing simple, with room to explain what was done to a paticular vehicle. ...

Query to extract count on weekly basis for year
Hi, I have a database that includes all accidents drivers have on a date basis. In the table I have a field for types of accidents, eg pass injury, object thrown etc. I wish to run a query to extract the counts of different types of accidents based on a weekly basis (Sunday to Saturday) from the beginning of the year. Eg: Dates 31/12/06 - 06/01/07: Count:7 for Pass injury, etc. TIA & hope I explained it well enough. Kevin On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:10:01 -0700, KevinT <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a database that includes all accidents drivers ha...

IE8
I just updated to IE8 (as IE7 was giving me some trouble) but when I right-click a link there is no option avaliable to "open link in new tab". Help ? I have tried reregistering one of the registry files that some forums say is behind the reason for this problem, but to no avail. However, I think it might be a compatability issue somewhere, as when I turn off add-ons the option reappears. Any suggestions as to what to do ? As manually trying each add-on is going to take forever ! This is really annoying me, as I use the new tabs option all the time whilst work...

Exchange reporting/statistics
Hi all Does anybody knows if it is possible that Exchange (2003) can calculate how many e-mails that arrives in a public folder every day? Meaning if there is some kind of reporting that is available? And also if there is a way to say how many e-mails that have only been read but no other action, like forward, reply, etc. Appreciate some help here. Thanks. /ThomasO On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:29:56 +0800, "Thomas Olsen" <thomas_olsen44@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all > >Does anybody knows if it is possible that Exchange (2003) can calculate how >many e-mails that...