creating report to print 4-up index cards on Avery 3381

I want to print records from a table onto 5.5" x 4.25" cards. I have Avery
product 3381 which is an 8.5" x 11" sheet prescored once down the middle &
once across the middle to give the 4.25" x 5.5" card, 4 per page, with no
waste, border, margins. I have about 7 hours into this phase of my project &
the best I can do is to print onto 2 cards, 2 across, with the page in
landscape orientation. I cannot configure my design to print the 2nd row. No
part of report3 3 & 4 will print on page 1.
I have spent most of my time doing endless combinations of variables on the
Page Setup box in Design View.
My report in design view is 1-up. It is less than the size of the card. I
believe I have accounted for spacing between cards; I have tried spacing
variations from 0 to .5". I have tried with the grid backgroud at 11" x 8.5
and at 5.5" x 4.25.
Is it possible to make this report work all within Access? Or do I need to
export to Word? Are there too many variables to find my error in this
Discussion Group format?
--
Pat Hoff

Most printers don't allow you to print clear to edge of the paper. You
probably will need to subtract from your 4.25 x 5.5 size and then set some
space between and use the left over space for you margins.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Pat" wrote:

> I want to print records from a table onto 5.5" x 4.25" cards. I have Avery
> product 3381 which is an 8.5" x 11" sheet prescored once down the middle &
> once across the middle to give the 4.25" x 5.5" card, 4 per page, with no
> waste, border, margins. I have about 7 hours into this phase of my project &
> the best I can do is to print onto 2 cards, 2 across, with the page in
> landscape orientation. I cannot configure my design to print the 2nd row. No
> part of report3 3 & 4 will print on page 1.
> I have spent most of my time doing endless combinations of variables on the
> Page Setup box in Design View.
> My report in design view is 1-up. It is less than the size of the card. I
> believe I have accounted for spacing between cards; I have tried spacing
> variations from 0 to .5". I have tried with the grid backgroud at 11" x 8.5
> and at 5.5" x 4.25.
> Is it possible to make this report work all within Access? Or do I need to
> export to Word? Are there too many variables to find my error in this
> Discussion Group format?
> --
> Pat Hoff
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 18:57:01 -0500, Pat wrote
(in article <DB3DFA9F-0ACD-459A-94ED-C3E8C80C7DC8@microsoft.com>):

> I want to print records from a table onto 5.5" x 4.25" cards. I have Avery
> product 3381 which is an 8.5" x 11" sheet prescored once down the middle &
> once across the middle to give the 4.25" x 5.5" card, 4 per page, with no
> waste, border, margins. I have about 7 hours into this phase of my project &
> the best I can do is to print onto 2 cards, 2 across, with the page in
> landscape orientation. I cannot configure my design to print the 2nd row. No
> part of report3 3 & 4 will print on page 1.
> I have spent most of my time doing endless combinations of variables on the
> Page Setup box in Design View.
> My report in design view is 1-up. It is less than the size of the card. I
> believe I have accounted for spacing between cards; I have tried spacing
> variations from 0 to .5". I have tried with the grid backgroud at 11" x 8.5
> and at 5.5" x 4.25.
> Is it possible to make this report work all within Access? Or do I need to
> export to Word? Are there too many variables to find my error in this
> Discussion Group format?

Have you tried using a label format? I'm talking about the label wizard in
Access 2007, which has a lot of predefined sizes (but not the 3381) however
you can easily create a custom label to print two across, two down on a
landscape 8.5 x 11 sheet. I just set one up in less than 10 minutes.

--
Joe/Joey in New York

0
Joe
3/14/2010 3:51:31 AM
Thank you. I believe my printer is part of my problem. I have moved on to
creating labels using Word. You & Joey got me out of my rut.
--
Pat Hoff

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Most printers don't allow you to print clear to edge of the paper. You
> probably will need to subtract from your 4.25 x 5.5 size and then set some
> space between and use the left over space for you margins.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Pat" wrote:
>
> > I want to print records from a table onto 5.5" x 4.25" cards. I have Avery
> > product 3381 which is an 8.5" x 11" sheet prescored once down the middle &
> > once across the middle to give the 4.25" x 5.5" card, 4 per page, with no
> > waste, border, margins. I have about 7 hours into this phase of my project &
> > the best I can do is to print onto 2 cards, 2 across, with the page in
> > landscape orientation. I cannot configure my design to print the 2nd row. No
> > part of report3 3 & 4 will print on page 1.
> > I have spent most of my time doing endless combinations of variables on the
> > Page Setup box in Design View.
> > My report in design view is 1-up. It is less than the size of the card. I
> > believe I have accounted for spacing between cards; I have tried spacing
> > variations from 0 to .5". I have tried with the grid backgroud at 11" x 8.5
> > and at 5.5" x 4.25.
> > Is it possible to make this report work all within Access? Or do I need to
> > export to Word? Are there too many variables to find my error in this
> > Discussion Group format?
> > --
> > Pat Hoff

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

downloading Avery labels templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am panicking! I do volunteer work for an organization which includes sending out mailings to over 200 people. I usually print mailing labels from Avery label templates. Although I have done it in the past, I am no longer able to download Avery labels from their website. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way around it? Downloading anything from anywhere other than a Microsoft site really isn't an Office issue, so I'm afraid you're not likely to find an answer or a solution here... Es...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Report Detail section coding
Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the first record of a new group. Something like..... If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then I am using Access 2007 Any help is always appreciated. Thanks, Wally wallymeister wrote: >Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the >first record of a new group. Something like..... > >If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then > >I am using Access 2007 Add a text box to the detail section and set its expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over Group. The value of the te...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Report of Employees not paid
What do you think would be the easiest way to generate a report for a pay period showing anyone who had not been paid that pay period--like a payroll exception report for anyone with wages = 0 for a given pay period. Thanks! -- Debbie from Wipfli It's easy to do outside of GP. If you had MS Access or can write a SQL query in SQL Server Query Analyzer, you join the Employee Master table (UPR00100) with the Check History Table (UPR30100) but restrict it to where the values in the joined fields in the Check History table are null. MS Access has a wizard that will create the query for...

Forwarding #4
I have a user that is leaving our organization, but would like to have e-mails that are sent to his address forwarded to his personal address for a few months just in case. I'd like to accomodate him, but I also need to delete his account. Is there a way to have Exchange Server 2003 forward e-mails to him without him having an Active Directory account? I believe you would be able to achieve this by simply creating a contact for that user. Set the personal address as the e-mail address of the contact when you create it, then afterwards, add his old Exchange e-mail addresses to the pro...

Creating a Calendar in Publisher
I have created a calendar page in Publisher. How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the format? On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:31:02 +0000, Toni wrote (in article <A49FAC01-7290-48FA-9576-5FB4761A9CD6@microsoft.com>): > I have created a calendar page in Publisher. > How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the > format? You use the correct tool for the job. Publisher isn't it. Serif PagePlus, OTOH, is. I have Publisher 2000 Can't you use SAVE AS and it saves as a Publisher file? If the tabs on the bottom are ...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

creating a formul
Trying to create a formula to do the following: Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 Sheet 2 has list of names a1-a10 and list of dollar amounts colums d1-d10 want to search sheet one and if any name from sheet 2 found on sheet 1 than the corresponding dollar amount is entered. Any help appreciated. -- George I bet you want to use =vlookup(). Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html George A. Yorks wrote: > > Trying to create a formula to do the following: > Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 > ...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Drop Down List #4
I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of names on worksheet 2 that I would like to drop down. The directions from Help are hard to follow and there seem to be missing steps. HELP See Debra Dalgleish's website for good instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Particularly, the "Name the List Range" section Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Kerry Anne" wrote: > I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of > names on worksheet 2 that I would like to dr...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

how to create leading zeros on variable length numbers
I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 characters. What's the easiest way to do this? sleect cells or column then pull-down: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > and enter 000000000000000 in place of general -- Gary's Student "MVPitts" wrote: > I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to > place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 > characters. What's the easie...