Creating a sub report with variable number of fields to print

Good morning

I would like to create a report that includes a subreport.

Situation:

- I have a Table T1
- I created a Xtab query 1 and a Xtab query 2 to extract informations from
the T1 table (sum of a field f1 by day of the week: Sun, Mon, Tue...)
- I created a selection query SQ1 that grabs all the data from Xtab queries
1 and 2 (sum of a field f2 by day of the week)
- Sub report is for data gathered in the selction query SQ1

My problem is that the number of fields returned by SQ1 may vary (1 week i
have totals for Mon thru Fri and another week I could have sums for Mon thru
Sun). I want to create a report that could handle all situations

I could I create a report that handles my problem?

Thanks for any guidance or help

MK

0
Michel

Open the crosstab query in design view.
Open the Properties box (View menu.)
Type the days of the week beside the Column Headings property, e.g.:
    "Sun";"Mon";"Tue";"W...

You will now get 7 columns shown, even if a particular week does not have
data for all 7 days. Since all 7 columns turn up, you can build your
subreport with the 7 columns, and it won't fail.

More details:
    Crosstab query techniques - row totals, zeros, parameters, column
headings
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html

"Michel Khennafi" <michel.khennafi@cnh.com> wrote in message
> Good morning
>
> I would like to create a report that includes a subreport.
>
> Situation:
>
> - I have a Table T1
> - I created a Xtab query 1 and a Xtab query 2 to extract informations from
> the T1 table (sum of a field f1 by day of the week: Sun, Mon, Tue...)
> - I created a selection query SQ1 that grabs all the data from Xtab
> queries 1 and 2 (sum of a field f2 by day of the week)
> - Sub report is for data gathered in the selction query SQ1
>
> My problem is that the number of fields returned by SQ1 may vary (1 week i
> have totals for Mon thru Fri and another week I could have sums for Mon
> thru Sun). I want to create a report that could handle all situations
>
> I could I create a report that handles my problem?
>
> Thanks for any guidance or help
>
> MK

0
Allen
7/12/2007 1:54:23 AM
It works perfectly thanks for the tip

MK
> Open the crosstab query in design view.
> Open the Properties box (View menu.)
> Type the days of the week beside the Column Headings property, e.g.:
>    "Sun";"Mon";"Tue";"W...
>
> You will now get 7 columns shown, even if a particular week does not have
> data for all 7 days. Since all 7 columns turn up, you can build your
> subreport with the 7 columns, and it won't fail.
>
> More details:
>    Crosstab query techniques - row totals, zeros, parameters, column
> headings
> at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html

> "Michel Khennafi" <michel.khennafi@cnh.com> wrote in message
>> Good morning
>>
>> I would like to create a report that includes a subreport.
>>
>> Situation:
>>
>> - I have a Table T1
>> - I created a Xtab query 1 and a Xtab query 2 to extract informations
>> from the T1 table (sum of a field f1 by day of the week: Sun, Mon,
>> Tue...)
>> - I created a selection query SQ1 that grabs all the data from Xtab
>> queries 1 and 2 (sum of a field f2 by day of the week)
>> - Sub report is for data gathered in the selction query SQ1
>>
>> My problem is that the number of fields returned by SQ1 may vary (1 week
>> i have totals for Mon thru Fri and another week I could have sums for Mon
>> thru Sun). I want to create a report that could handle all situations
>>
>> I could I create a report that handles my problem?
>>
>> Thanks for any guidance or help
>>
>> MK

0
Michel

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

set print area #2

Format for credit card numbers

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Custom reports #3

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Can't create the item #2

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...