Copy Specific Values from Table to Report

I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but I'll
start here and see what happens.  To try and "simply" explain my request......

I know this can be done, as I've seen the results, but I can't figure out how
to do it. I want to use the Report function of Access to create printed forms.
I would have different reports, named A, B, C, D, and E for this example. The
information I want to have printed on the report(s) comes from one specific
table. On report "A" I want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,3,
and 5 of "column B" (forgive the Excel term) in the table; on report "B" I
want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,4, and 5 of column B in
the table; on report "C" I want to have the values printed that are in rows 4,
5, and 6 of column B in the table; etc.

I don't know if I can somehow do something with expression builder for the
control source of a label box. I tried, but I'm still fairly new to Access,
so I couldn't figure it out.

Also, there would only be one value per label box; i.e., value from B2 in
table would be in one label box, value from B3 would be in another label box.

Any assistance that could be obtained would be appreciated.

0
orgelizer

Use DLookup().

The Control Source of the text box on the report will be something like
this:
    =DLookup("[Field2]", "Table1", "[Field1] = 5")

For more help, see:
    Getting a value from a table: DLookup()
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html

"orgelizer" <u32431@uwe> wrote in message news:6f16b5a868de0@uwe...
>I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but
>I'll
> start here and see what happens.  To try and "simply" explain my
> request......
>

> I know this can be done, as I've seen the results, but I can't figure out
> how
> to do it. I want to use the Report function of Access to create printed
> forms.
> I would have different reports, named A, B, C, D, and E for this example.
> The
> information I want to have printed on the report(s) comes from one
> specific
> table. On report "A" I want to have the values printed that are in rows
> 2,3,
> and 5 of "column B" (forgive the Excel term) in the table; on report "B" I
> want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,4, and 5 of column B in
> the table; on report "C" I want to have the values printed that are in
> rows 4,
> 5, and 6 of column B in the table; etc.
>
> I don't know if I can somehow do something with expression builder for the
> control source of a label box. I tried, but I'm still fairly new to
> Access,
> so I couldn't figure it out.
>
> Also, there would only be one value per label box; i.e., value from B2 in
> table would be in one label box, value from B3 would be in another label
> box.
>
> Any assistance that could be obtained would be appreciated.

0
Allen
3/13/2007 12:12:32 AM
Thanks for your info.  It does exactly what I was looking for.

Allen Browne wrote:
>Use DLookup().
>
>The Control Source of the text box on the report will be something like
>this:
>    =DLookup("[Field2]", "Table1", "[Field1] = 5")
>
>For more help, see:
>    Getting a value from a table: DLookup()
>at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html
>
>>I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but
>>I'll
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>
>> Any assistance that could be obtained would be appreciated.

orgelizer

formula does not recognize value
i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a saturday or sunday, I want it to bump out to the following monday. How can I do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Make your formula consider the WEEKDAY result of its own calculation and add 1 ot 2 according to that. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a > saturday or sunday, I want it to bump ...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

Displaying a cell's value versus it's formula
I have created an amortization schedule. When you click on a cell the toolbar shows the formula I used instead of the dollar value. I don't want anyone to know the formula I used so I want only the value show in the cell. I know you can click on a cell and F2 and then F9 to calculate the value, but I don't want to do that to calculate each individual cell. Is there a faster way to do the whole schedule at once? Thank you, Kris If you lock your cell, and protect the workbook, you can hide the formulas and just see the results. Select your range to lock Format|cells|Protect...

Customer reports
I have been trying to run a report that shows customer information (total sales, last visit, number of visits, etc..) However when I try to run the report the list coming up shows me the global customer list, I have four stores and when they were set up the customers were set up as global and I am interested in only viewing the customers by store not all of them together is there any way to get this done? ...

Shifting textboxes on report after hidden
I am attempting to shift some textboxes and their associated labels to the left on a report. Currently, I have them only appearing when a True value is encountered by utilizing the code: txt1.visible = Nz ([txt1], 0)<>) Each of my textboxes is labeled txt1, txt2, txt3 etc... I would appreciate any help, as this is the final step in a project I have built. Thank you. Hi Loren, If they are not visible, then why move them? If you really need this, then share your existing code that sets the visible property. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Loren" wrote: > I am a...

Stop print preview when printing report Access 2007
Hi, I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them which when clicked prints out an assortment of reports. Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print preview which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly I don't want to preview the form, only print it out. Is this possible, and if so, how? Many thanks Sarella, Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be something in your code that says Preview. ...

addition with a maximum value #2
Nevermind. Figured it out! =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10)+F10) -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 ...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

Variables and .value
Heres a simple script I've knocked together, largely by trial an error #WhereAmI.ps1 $usr=gci env:username $comp=gci env:computername $IPadd = ([System.Net.Dns]::GetHostAddresses($_) |select $_.ToString) $dom=gci env:userdnsdomain write-host "Formatted with Write-Host:" write-host $(" Username:",$usr.value) -foregroundcolor DarkGreen write-host $(" Computer:",$comp.value) -foregroundcolor red write-host $(" IP Address:", $IPadd) -foregroundcolor gray write-host $(" Domain:",$dom.value) -foregroundcolor DarkYellow w...

Login Prompts
Hi, We have a SQL Server 2005 SSRS. It was running fine untill last week, Suddenly after the last weekend, when we try to login thru report manager, it is prompting for uid/pwd multiple times, if we hit ok 6 or 7 times, then it shows the home page, when we click on any folder, again the prompts for uid/pwd. Since we are in different domain than the SSRS Server, so Normallyit will prompt for uid/pwd at first time and then while navigating to any reports or folders, it won't prompt. Is there any security policy or setting, I need to look at. Thanks ...

Chart repeats in report
Hi, I have form based charts and tables and reports as sub-objects in one report, "Appendix". This takes one report header and nine section headers, no footers or detail section used. However, I noticed, as I built "Appendix", that a peculiar effect has happened, which to my, ignorant eye appears to be random. The effect is that some charts are repeated on the next page, and the following pages, for several more pages. As they repeat they gradually change vertical height on the Appendix report's pages. That is, the same chart (or table) repeats on several ...

Pivot table add one column
How can I add one column in pivot table? When I added a column of Average 100, pivot table created 3 more columns for the first 3 columns( and I don't like it) My data Book Label Price Average A Hard paper 200 100 B Soft 100 100 C Hard paper 200 100 F Plastic 50 100 K Soft 100 100 L Plastic 50 100 M Hard paper 200 100 K soft 100 100 R Soft 100 100 T Plastic 50 100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My pivot ...

show items with no data option in pivot tables
Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show items with no values check box in the field settings menu for pivot tables. It appears to be showing field headers that don't exist in my data???? I'm using Excel 2000. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html In fact, she has an addin that you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html AHuntington wrote: > > Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show > items with no values check box in the field setting...

Address Contact field to be available in the Shipping Label Report
Please include the Address Contact field in the Shipping Label Report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1158d4e9-ea03-4f92-ac38-a9987b25dc94&dg=microsoft....

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

Copy DL
How do you copy a Existing DL ? In Exchange 5.5 you select the DL and click on duplicate from the file menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Aklank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1400FED4-E242-4FFE-9655-1DB4BEE65BAC@microsoft.com... > How do you copy a Existing DL ? On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:06:06 -0700, Aklank wrote: > How do you copy a Existing DL ? I use ldifde to copy it to another organization. Members should already exist on the target server, otherwise use ldifde to extract membe...

monthyl budget report
The monthly budget report for the time period from Jan1 to May 31 2008 is calculating the budget amounts incorrectly----it seems to be off by a day, or something. For instance, if I've budgeted $100 a month, at the end of Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr show $100, $200, $300, and $400, respectively. But if I go through May 31, it shows about $493. Also, it looks like all the "odd" months for the rest of the year will be off, while the even months appear to be correct. Is there a fix for this? ...

Can a form linked to an autoLookup query update another table
I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another table once a certain linked field is filled in. Can this form be used to add a record to the source table with the updated information? When that record is saved, the record is added to the form's source table - assuming the form is bound to the source table. How does your form save the record? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "oterosuz" <oterosuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3608D905-8769-435E-B5E5-7B0F566AFD63@microsoft.com......

control in access report
Is it possible to use the division operator in control source? For example, using =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True")+DCount("[Field2]",qryX","[Field2]=True")......+DCount("[Field6]","qryX","[Field6]=True") and then I want to divide the number, in the same control, by the number of fields (6 in the example) to obtain the average. regards Yes. You can use / as a divisor, e.g.: =(DCount(...)+ ...) / 6 Since True is -1 and False is zero, you could also sum the fields to get the negative count of t...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...

Display Data Table in chart but don't show plot area
I am using Excel 2003. I have created some charts/graphs with data tables, chart titles, etc. My customer only wants to see the data table and chart title for each graph. Is there a way to turn off the plot area and change the size of the chart so that the chart title is close to the data table? But the data table merely reflects what is in the cells used to make the chart! Why not just display that data in a new format? Or am I missing something? best wished -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "RW" <RW@discussi...

calculated column in pivot table
Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other columns. I have tried creating formulas but that does not seem to do the trick. The answer is yes. For anything less general, we'll need specifics on what you tried, and what happened. "does not seem to do the trick" does not give us much to go on. Regards, Fred "freeriderxlt" <st.jdaich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97a60a38-262d-4a91-9474-7c26d8c44be3@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other > columns. I have trie...

Autofill formulas when inserting rows in excel tables
Is it possible to have the formula in a column automatically be placed in a cell when you add a new row into an excel table (not a data table). Seems I saw this somewhere. ...