Converting access report to pdf format

hi

I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for
my clients.  Once each report is done, I run  a program called pdfWriter to
convert each report to a pdf file.  (When this program is installed, I select
the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a
physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.)  Then I e-mail these pdf
reports to the clients.

What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access.
Can this be done?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.  The system I use now works well,
but I'd like to combine all of these processes if I could.

Much thanks
Cinnie

--
cinnie

I'm afraid this isn't a question about Access, it's a question about your
pdfWriter software.  Can it be automated, and if so how?  For the answers to
this you will need to consult the publishers of the software (or at least
their help file or website).

I have had success doing this with a product called Win2PDF, which does
support a degree of automation.

"cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports
> for
> my clients.  Once each report is done, I run  a program called pdfWriter
> convert each report to a pdf file.  (When this program is installed, I
> select
> the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually
> print a
> physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.)  Then I e-mail these pdf
> reports to the clients.
>
> What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from
> Access.
> Can this be done?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction.
>
> Any clues would be greatly appreciated.  The system I use now works well,
> but I'd like to combine all of these processes if I could.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
>
> --
> cinnie

0
Baz
12/30/2007 9:23:50 AM
Hello,

This would depend on whether the component you're using supports automation.
 Based on the description thus far, it sounds like it's only intended to
support manual print-to-PDF operations.  Maybe the vendor sells a separate
SDK that provides the needed automation capabilities? Most PDF software
vendors sell both end user products (e.g. requires manual interaction) and
SDKs (e.g. for full automation).

If you can't find something that works then this SDK might be worth a look:

     http://www.pdfonline.com/easypdf/sdk/index.htm

It's a commercial product but will work in conjunction with the Access
snapshot viewer to export Access reports to PDF.  Fully automatable and works
with VBA as well as VB, C#, etc.

The disclaimer here is that I work for the company that makes it so I happen
to think it's a great product. :) But it's free to try so you can decide for
yourself (and I'd be happy to help with any questions you have about it).

- Chen