Color in Bar Graph

I have a Report with a Bar Graph on it, I would like to make each Category
(up to 4 on a chart),  a specific color.

Thanks..ernst

0
ernst

scanning bar codes in pos
Is it possible to scan a bar code without having to press the enter key to make a transaction? It seems counter-productive to do it this way Frank, You should be able to program your scanner to add an 'ENTER' as a suffix to the scan. That is the way we do it. Marc "Frank" <nary@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153175013.344333.97120@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to scan a bar code without having to press the enter key > to make a transaction? It seems counter-productive to do it this way > Some scanners require programming to s...

In Excel 2000, how do I add a vertical scroll bar to a split scre.
When I split my worksheet screen, I get an additional horizontal scroll bar but not a vertical. How do I rectify this? If it helps, what I am trying to do is lock two colums so that they don't scroll when other columns do, so that they always remain visible. Lisa Split won't allow that. Take the Split off and then Window>New Window to get two windows. Now Window>Arrange>Vertical to get them side by side. Resize the two column window. If you tire of this configuation, close one of the windows then save. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:37:03 -0800, &qu...

Access Report 'Graphs'
I am running a function/report that completes the following: 1. Modifies a temp table based on user selection (two variables - Easy) 2. Modifies the temp table with summary line at end of table (summarizing table data - Totals for Graphs) 3. Render a report based on that table 4. Render 6 graphs to show on the report All should be good at this point. Table is modified/updated with correct detail information and summary line. Report opens and queries the table correctly (always). Issue: Each Graph has a select statement based on each requirment (two items only) and the report runs 95...

How do I make my tool bar icons larger?
I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. Maybe there are some Accessibility options that can help (look in Control Panel)? If not, reducing the screen resolution is the only way. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-A08B-CA4D3E1BB293@microsoft.com... >I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. > > "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-...

Colored cells are showing white on screen, want to see color?
I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, and print grayscale, while showing their true colors on other office systems.... Does this article help http://support.microsoft.com/d��efault.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH Bob Phillips "dean" <dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1990525-1D7B-4E94-9653-80074F9AAEFD@microsoft.com... > I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, > and print grayscale, while showing ...

inserting phase lines on a line graph
Does anyone know how to insert a phase linei nto a line graph? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

x-y scatter graph and confused
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to do a combination bar graph/ x-y scatter graph. I have headings and data for date, last year sales, and this years sales. Dates are formatted as 03/04/08 and sales are formatted for numbers to 1 decimal place. Everything plots fine and "last years sales" are represented by the column bar graph. I have changed "this years sales" to a x-y scatter graph (lines connected to the dots). That combination plots fine. On the x-y graph, I changed the secondary axis to primary axis. I then save the workbook. When I open the workbook, the graph h...

How do I get the gradient at a point on a curved graph?
I have a plot of experimental data and I inserted an exponential trendline that fits the data very well. I'd like to "differentiate" the curve as I need its gradient at certain points; as in I need Excel to draw the tangent to the trendline at a given point and tell me its equation. Can anyone help me do this? Thank you all so much. I don't think Excel knows how to do this as a built in thing. Extract the coefficients of the trendline to a worksheet (using a worksheet function such as LOGEST or a utility that will extract trendline coefficients to a worksheet). Then ...

How do I print graphs poster size (4
In my previous version of Excel I could print graphs in what I think was called "poster". It would print 4 panels on 8 1/2 x 11 that could be connected together to make a poster size graph. It would print dotted lines and solid lines and told where to cut and paste. I cannot find how to do that now that we have upgraded to Excel 2002. The capability that you describe would be really neat to have but AFAIK no version of XL has ever supported it. You must have had some special third party program or add-in. Of course, such a capability might be feature of your printer (driver...

formula bar #7
I'm calculating simple percentages. I enter 5/10*100 and 50 appears in the cell. When I go back to that cell, what shows up in the formula bar is ..5*100. This makes it impossible for me to check to make sure I entered the correct numbers to begin with. Is there a way to make it keep the original formula in the formula bar when you return to the cell? Peter, If the cell is formatted for Percentage then enter =5/10 (equals fiv divide by 10) to produce 50% in the cell and =5/10 in the formula bar. The formula you are using suggests the cell is formatted to Number, bu if you enter =5/...

Bar Chart depicting the "percentage of another percentage(less than 100)"
I am trying to figure out how to create a progress chart that include two values. The first values (78%, 61%, 0%, 11%) represent the percentage o reports submitted. The second values (50%, 17%, 0%, 40%) represent the percentage o reports submitted that are complete. Does anyone know how to represent his on a graph -- TEA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47947 Submitted Complete Al ...

Can you add color to a graphic?
Im use to InDesign mainly and it has a way to colorize a grayscale or bitmap file on the document without having to manually do it in photoshop or some other program. Does Publisher have a simillar feature? answering my own question...right click on image, FORMAT PICTURE/PICTURE/RECOLOR :-) "Greg" wrote: > Im use to InDesign mainly and it has a way to colorize a grayscale or bitmap > file on the document without having to manually do it in photoshop or some > other program. Does Publisher have a simillar feature? ...

Column Graphs #2
I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55. I need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks What data are you using for your X values? A column chart does not have a numerical axis. The axis is comprised of a set of labels, or placeholders. Do you need columns, or would another chart type do? Information on chart types and axis types: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html http://pu...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

conditional formatting graph
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on a bar graph? I need one bar to change to red if it is below the national average or stay green if it's above. I have found many postings on how to do something like this in Excel but nothing on how to do it in Access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Becky ...

Spot Color separations not printing correctly
I am trying to print seperations for a two color project ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up. When I took the file to the printer for preflight they were OK ?? Anybody know why ? "Screwed up" how? How was job preflighted? "Stuart F." <sfirstdc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:004501c352d6$8c5f7150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to print seperations for a two color project > ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet > and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up...

Bar Chart based on report calculations...
I am using Access 2002. I have a query with one field called txtUsedKnowledge that has four possible responses. They are Never, Small Extent, Moderate Extent and Great Extent. I did many calculations with these including counting them individually and getting the percent for each one based on the over all count. Now I would like to create a bar chart with the four responses listed that will update each time it's run. I created the chart but have to type in the figures for each response myself. Since the calculations are done on the report and not in the query is the...

Scroll Bar's bubble identifier
In Excel 2000, when u have a huge worksheet and u drag the scroll bar to jump into a specific row/column, it will show you an identifier in which row/column u have scrolled in to. But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Is there a way to enable it back or was it really taken out permanently? regards, Obrien >>But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Actually it disappeared in Excel 2002. The reason it was removed is that in Excel 2002+ the worksheet actually scrolls real-time as you drag the scroll bars. So it's not needed as you can see where...

navigation bar links
My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? -- raybie2305 Nevermind. I got it. -- raybie2305 "raybie2305" wrote: > My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. > I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. > They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? > -- > raybie2305 ...

how do i get my menu bar back?
I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but that is not even listed in my toolbar section in the Customize box. Any other ideas? If you right click on any bar you have left (one with buttons on it) and go down to customise. you'll get a box appear with a tab on it labeled toolbars. Scroll to the bottom and tick the checkbox next to "worksheet menu bar" and it should come back. Let me know how you get on "Rienne" wrote: > I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but > that is not ev...

VB
Can anyone tell me why Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = Int(Rnd * 56) + 1 works ok using the forms toolbar with a button click but does not work if you use the control box toolbar. Maria, What does "not work" actually mean? What version of Excel are you using? Open the Properties window for the control button and change the "TakeFocusOnClick" property to False. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "maria" <maria.stothard@sylvania-lighting.com> wrote in message news:07e...

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

Formula Bar font color
Hi All! I don't know how I did this, but the information in the formula bar is showing up in white font... Please help! ... I want to change it back to black... TIA! LavaDude Try this (Think it's a windows setting) Right-click on any empty space in the desktop > choose Properties Select Appearance tab > Advanced button (in Win XP) In the Advanced Appearance dialog: Click on "Item" dropdown menu > choose Message Box Under "Color" for Font (in the line *below* "Item") Choose "Black" color > OK > Apply (and don't do i...

Line Graph Excluding 0 Values
Dear, I have plotted a line graph consisting the data for the entire month. The data range is getting calculated automatically by a formula. 1 Dec - 100 2 Dec - 105 3 Dec - 0 4 Dec - 0 So on... The data for the days starting from 3 Dec is zero and the line graph suddenly goes down to zero... Is there any way that the line graph picks the data excluding the zero values? I mean the line graph should only take the data for 1 Dec and 2 Dec without changing the data range. Thank you. one way might be to hide columns for 3 Dec, 4 Dec etc. On 2 Gru, 08:19, Sasikiran ...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...