Choosing records to print based on latest revision

I have a training matrix that has the following fields:
     Procedure
     Employee
     Rev
     Date trained

There can be multiple revisions for the same procedure.  I would like to
print a report by procedure that only shows the latest rev number.  How would
I do this?

Thanks!

"madmckenna" <madmckenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a training matrix that has the following fields:
>     Procedure
>     Employee
>     Rev
>     Date trained
>
> There can be multiple revisions for the same procedure.  I would like to
> print a report by procedure that only shows the latest rev number.  How
> would
> I do this?
>
> Thanks!

When I've done is to create a query that returns the max Rev value, such as:

SELECT Procedure,Max(Rev)
FROM [table]
GROUP BY Procedure;

Then I create a second query that returns all fields:

SELECT query.Procedure,table.Employee,query.Rev,table.[Date trained]
FROM [query] LEFT JOIN [table] ON [table].Procedure=[query].Procedure;

This should return only the records for the maximum Rev for each Procedure.

Carl Rapson

0
Carl

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

Manually launch workflow on all records in CRM 4 ?
Hello people, I have a field on the contact records in CRM 4 that I would like to clear. I have made a little workflow, that nicely clears the field on the record and that I can manually call. This works fine. Now: is there a way to manually launch this workflow so that is executed on all records at once and not only to the onces I have selected (and thus are limited to only 250 at a time) ? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions ! Regards, Mav. p.s.: This is the best way to clear a field, right ? Or are there any other suggestions ? This is a good question. I've been doing...

Printing a list of contacts sorted into a category
I've sorted some of my contacts into a list for Xmas cards. I now want to print the list out with names addresses etc. But I can't find any way to print (or even export) a category list. Is there any way to do this? Dave, thanks. I tried that however, but it prints out the individual contact details rather than the list. Thats 150 odd contacts. I ahd to curtail the print. Is there no way of printing the list? Regards "Dave" wrote: > Printing in WLM is pretty primitive. > > You can click on a Category, then select all the recipients (Ctrl-A),...

Stationery problem when printing incoming emails
I have several folk that insist on putting stationery on their emails to me. When I print them my ink well on my printer dries up. How can I stop from printing the stationery on incoming emails? EdsStuff Windows Live Mail uses the IE print engine and its settings. Have you tried this fix: http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorials/software_tutorials/background_print= _id.htm Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "EdsStuff from Canada" wrote in message = news:C1BDF189-0553-4DE5-83D9-9EA3A75A30EB@microsoft.com... ...

Not printing hyperlinks
Is there a way to print the page without the hyperlinks showing up on the printout? I know you can with objects, but don't know about hyperlinks. Thanks!! Hi mark1 With a macro it is possible Sub test2() Dim hyp As Hyperlink For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Hyperlinks hyp.Range.Font.ColorIndex = 2 Next hyp ActiveSheet.PrintOut For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Hyperlinks hyp.Range.Font.ColorIndex = 5 Next hyp End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Check Box Printing
I updating a very old spreadsheet that I've put 55 check boxes on with the intent that when they are checked and a command button clicked only the pages selected will print. These pages are already set up on the next sheet (it used to be 55 separate sheets, but I've combined these into one), and the page breaks have been set so each will print correctly. I've also put a check box that I've labeled "select all" and print command button so we only print what's needed. Silly me, I thought I could figure this out, but the only thing I can come up with that works is ...

VB or CMDLINE printing of .msg files
I see there's an option for outlook.exe to print an MSG file (to the default printer).../p That's great, and it works fine...for NON-HTML mail. But, who knows what format the body of the message is in before you open it (or run it against /p)??? Does anyone have a way to either cmdline print a msg file, regardless of its body-format? Better yet, I can't figure out a way to load a msg file from the filesystem into Outlook, print it (.PrintOut is fine) and then close Outlook via Automation. You tell me which version to use, and I'll use it...I'd prefer Outlook 2003, but ...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Printing grayscale from MS Excel
When I print text in varying levels of gray (70%, 50% etc.) from Word to my B&W HP Laser printer it prints as gray. When I print the same levels of gray from an Excel document to my B&W HP Laser printer it will only print as solid black! Does anyone know if it is possible to print differing levels of gray from Excel to a B&W printer? If so HOW Thank ...

Completely, totally and utterly OT: Picture It Photo & Print Studi
Yes, I know the app in the subject's ancient (released towards the back-end of 2001, IIRC) but ISTR that the images and clip-art were of very high quality and I'd like to access it for general usage (i.e. in Publisher and PagePlus X2). I have installed PIP&PS no probs, and can launch it but, when I attempt to open any project (whether blank or predesigned) I am, rather unceremoniously, without the merest hint of an error message, dumped back to the desktop. Now, I am thinking that, when it was first released, XP (I'm running Home SP2) was still either in beta, or had j...

How do I create a stacked chart based on 2 tables of data?
Hello - I am using Office 2003 I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 2 tables of data, showing the 2nd table as the 2nd data series (column). Stacked charts appear to be fine based on 1 data source but I need it on 2. Any help would be much appeciated. Thanks ...

Duplicate Records
I have a spreadsheet of addresses and names that was imported from two sources...1)Outlook Contacts 2)Palm. The spreadsheet is currently mapped to outlook fields. My problem is I now have duplicate records with differing information in each. I want to be able to combine the records into one. Is there an easy way of doing that? Maybe a macro? Hi Jamie, I think this is a situation for doing things manually, since you have been updating two independent sources. You may want to rework your spreadsheet by sorting first on phone number, to put the duplicates together, and check things, an...

Print Entire Workbook
Can "print entire workbook" be set as the default? If so, how? Record a macro that prints the entire workbook. Use Tools-Customize, and place a new print button (that runs the macro) onto the toolbar, and then remove the original print button icon. To record the macro and info on the toolbar buttons, see this: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/officevba.htm#ExcelVBA <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheO...

Print from Invoice tool
In Money, how do you print out the details of the invoice tool. Payments and invoices. I cannot even cut and paste from it. thanks. ...

Invoice Printing Formats
When printing invoices the $ sign is omitted from the total column for individual line items and subtotal, tax, and total. How do you get into format this to show the $ sign. ...

Problem while using Print Preview in an OCX Contrl
Hi I just tried the print and print preview in My OCX ( what Koay Kah Hoe done this in a Dialog based app ). http://www.codeproject.com/printing/print_preview.asp Evey thing going fine except print preview. When i pressed Print Preview its calling OnFilePrintPreview() causing crash to my system. When i go through the code i can see my system failed to create a Dialog bar with resource id AFX_IDD_PREVIEW_TOOLBAR when calling DoPrintPreview(AFX_IDD_PREVIEW_TOOLBAR ,...) My system breaky only on DEBUG mode when i tried this in RELEASE i can see the print preview win...

How to record every purchase by cash?
In MS Money 2004, how to record each purchase payed by cash? For example, I withdrawed $200 from my checking account and I want to record every purchase payed with this cash. Thanks. Ian I have Money 2003, and I assume it works the same in this respect. 1) Set up a new account of type "Cash." The starting balance should be whatever is in your wallet. 2) Whenever you make ATM withdrawals, enter them as transfers to the cash account. 3) Enter cash transactions as spend transactions in your new cash account. Hope this helps. ...

print quote for customer 08-27-07
When I Use the functionality "print quote for customer" for quotes with write in products added the chosen Word template opens but it's impossible to complete the merge because the mail merge wizard doesn't work normally. Furthermore when I go back to the quote form appears the message: "An Error has occurred. For more info contact your System Admin" Can anyone help me? Is it a bug or a mistake of mine? Thank you ...

How to Handle Recording 401k Transactions
Please, someone help! Money's help features don't give me any clue to solving this issue. I'll keep this as brief as possible. 1. When I get a paycheck, I record it into Money using the Paycheck Deposit form - where you line-item Before and After Tax Deductions. There is a lump sum deduction for my 401k account, which I list under before tax deduction and record it as a transfer to 401k. 2. "401k" is the name for an investment account I've set up in Money. Therefore, this account shows a total of all my before tax contributions - but does not show indivi...

How do you print Public Distribution Lists in the GAL in Outlook 2
Does anyone know if there is a method of printing the names from a public distribution list in the General Address List in Outlook 2002 XP? I cannot copy the names and paste into another program, or export them. Johnny See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm#gal -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Johnny Wong" <Johnny Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB9C2775-106C-4FA6-B108-E9BA603A7444@micros...

Check printing #4
Using Windows 98, Money 2003, Epson Tractor Feed LQ-510 Driver, have always printed continous feed checks up to 45 at a time in one session. Printer stopped after last check. Changed To Windows XP, everything else the same. Selecting more than four checks to be printed results in error message re inaccurate page feeding. After printing the (allowed) four checks the printer ejects about six blank checks. Checks and printer must then be realigned. What causes this? ...

Printing a chart to fill the whole page
In a previous version of excel (2000) I was able to click on a chart to select it and print it to screen. Once it was in the print preview I was able to go to setup and select an option that changed the chart properties to print the chart on a full page(fit to one page). I am trying to print the same chart in excel 2007 and it is printing as a small thin chart (from the left to the right margin) but it is not bringing it to the top and bottom margins. How can I change the setup of my charts to print full page? Thanks. -- Becky P. This is actually what I thought of as one of the im...

record messages
I would like to configure the Exchange 5.5 server to forware or copy any message that goes through the server to a mailbox. I am now required to keep all messages that are sent intercompany or outbound. Is there a way to have a duplicate message always sent to the administrators box? Thanks for the info. Jarred IS Manager Your first point is acheived by using the Alternate Recipient feature on the properties of the mailbox. Configure it so that the alternate gets a copy but that the message is also delivered to the original recipient (it's a tick box) The 2nd is best acheiv...

Help! How to set the "level of reading" of the Account record
Hi all, I would like to share an account to my subordinate and allow him only read part of the Account information, e.g. he can read the general information but he can't read other tabs in the the Account record page, how can I do that in MSCRM? Is there any extra effort I need to perform in order to achieve this? ThX this cannot be done in the current crm release. The entire Microsoft CRM security model is based on all or nothing ie he can either see the account or not. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Muttley" <Muttley@discussions.m...

Printing Issues
I am printing 'Invitations' on an HP Laserjet Color Printer. The paper is card stock, but my printer will only print one at a time in the manual feed tray. Any suggestions to get it to do continuous printing. I contact HP but they say it is a Microsoft problem.... TDelk wrote: > I am printing 'Invitations' on an HP Laserjet Color Printer. The > paper is card stock, but my printer will only print one at a time in > the manual feed tray. Any suggestions to get it to do continuous > printing. I contact HP but they say it is a Microsoft problem.... ===========...