Check List Report

I want to create a report containing a check list with a check box
on the right side of the check list item so I can check items off from the 
printed report.
 I've created a table with the item and a yes/no field but the check box for 
the yes/no is awfully small.

What is the best way to generate a box next to the item?
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,
James 

0
JamesJ
1/27/2010 7:22:18 PM
access.reports 4434 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
862 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

James

In your report definition (design view), change the font size of the 
checkbox.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message 
news:%23zPELY4nKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I want to create a report containing a check list with a check box
> on the right side of the check list item so I can check items off from the 
> printed report.
> I've created a table with the item and a yes/no field but the check box 
> for the yes/no is awfully small.
>
> What is the best way to generate a box next to the item?
> Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks,
> James 


0
Jeff
1/27/2010 7:53:10 PM
That didn't change the size of the check box, only the font for the label.

James

"Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message 
news:u5ozbp4nKHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> James
>
> In your report definition (design view), change the font size of the 
> checkbox.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
>
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23zPELY4nKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I want to create a report containing a check list with a check box
>> on the right side of the check list item so I can check items off from 
>> the printed report.
>> I've created a table with the item and a yes/no field but the check box 
>> for the yes/no is awfully small.
>>
>> What is the best way to generate a box next to the item?
>> Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to accomplish this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>
> 

0
JamesJ
1/27/2010 8:07:43 PM
Use the solution offered by Allen Browne at 
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html.

-- 
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP


"JamesJ" wrote:

> That didn't change the size of the check box, only the font for the label.
> 
> James
> 
> "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message 
> news:u5ozbp4nKHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > James
> >
> > In your report definition (design view), change the font size of the 
> > checkbox.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > -- 
> > Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> > in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> > does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >
> > Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> > guarantee as to suitability.
> >
> > You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> > possible/necessary.
> >
> > "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message 
> > news:%23zPELY4nKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>I want to create a report containing a check list with a check box
> >> on the right side of the check list item so I can check items off from 
> >> the printed report.
> >> I've created a table with the item and a yes/no field but the check box 
> >> for the yes/no is awfully small.
> >>
> >> What is the best way to generate a box next to the item?
> >> Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to accomplish this.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> James
> >
> > 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/27/2010 9:43:01 PM
Sometimes solutions are so simple it's ridiculous.
I used an unbound text box.
I should have looked on Allen's site to begin with.

Thanks,
James

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:23056A5C-4D3F-44F0-BC2A-30DD0A52D53E@microsoft.com...
> Use the solution offered by Allen Browne at
> http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html.
>
> -- 
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
>
> "JamesJ" wrote:
>
>> That didn't change the size of the check box, only the font for the 
>> label.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
>> news:u5ozbp4nKHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> > James
>> >
>> > In your report definition (design view), change the font size of the
>> > checkbox.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Jeff Boyce
>> > Microsoft Access MVP
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services 
>> > mentioned
>> > in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> > does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>> >
>> > Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with 
>> > no
>> > guarantee as to suitability.
>> >
>> > You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> > possible/necessary.
>> >
>> > "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> > news:%23zPELY4nKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> >>I want to create a report containing a check list with a check box
>> >> on the right side of the check list item so I can check items off from
>> >> the printed report.
>> >> I've created a table with the item and a yes/no field but the check 
>> >> box
>> >> for the yes/no is awfully small.
>> >>
>> >> What is the best way to generate a box next to the item?
>> >> Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to accomplish 
>> >> this.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks,
>> >> James
>> >
>> >
>>
>> .
>> 

0
JamesJ
1/27/2010 10:15:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Drop Down List Question #2
I have a drop down list from 5 cells merged together so as I can read the length easier, I know I cant select a field from merged cells, is there any way that when I select my choice I can get cells either side of my selection A B F 12 Jan Apples $12.00 17 Feb. Pears $14.00 I have B Column as my range in drop down , how can I get the date and price to move as well? What I want to do is select Pears and the date, Item and price would move to say K L P Columns if my drop down list was in L column...

MSN Stock Watch List in Money 2006 Deluxe Portfolio Manager
I inadvertently deleted the MSN Stock Watch list from my Portfolio Manager. Now, despite the list still being in existence under my Passport, I cannot seem to restore it intact into Portfolio Manager via either Money 2006 Deluxe or MSN Money. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from those who may know how to restore this list as an active Portfolio Manager account, which would be much more preferable to creating a new watch list, which would not only not auto-sync with the entries made from the MSN pages, but would also require re-entry of the huge list I have now. I really want m...

File view doesn't list an expected source file
Hi, File view isn't showing a file it should show. One of the last steps needed to add Help support to an existing project is to compile MyProject.hpj. To do this, msdn says that I should go to File view, open the source files list, highlight MyProj.hpj, and then select "Compile MyProject.hpj" in the Build menu. MyProject.hpj is not in the Source files list, thogh. Can someone tell me why it isn't there? The file exists in my project's MyProject\hlp directory as a result of copying the sample project's hlp directory to my project, and renaming the files so th...

How can I check whether the data is in the table or not with VBA?
Hi, Hope someone have quick answer to my question. I have a table call "IssueTable". I want to code to find out whether the user inputed informaiton is in the IssueTable before user enter it in the table. I don't want to duplicate the issue in the issuetable. Therefore, I want to check it before I enter it as new item. In the Usertable, there is the Authrization# field and if user enter part of Authrization#, I want the code to check if the User input is in the Issue Table. Thanks Use DLookup(). For examples, see: Getting a value from a table: DL...

Smart List search criteria
It would be helpful if 'ends with' was added as an operator in SmartList's search criteria. ...

hyperlink list in excel that stays put when it jumps to linked cel
I am trying to use internal hyperlinks in a huge sheet but want the hyperlinks to remain in view - and just for good measure, it has to open with the links visible on other machines. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, TIA ...

Increasing recently opened files list
Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. tabboo wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in > recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like > eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS > applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. =================================== What is the name and version of the program you are referring to? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

Report writer
I have 'rewritten' SOP BLANK INVOICE HISTORY FORM. I have substantially modified it. I am now happy with it. Is there any way I can copy/ paste/export/ import this in such a way that I can replace SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM i.e. I am trying to avoid having to do it all again in SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM starting at square 1. If I understand you correctly you simply want to change the name of the report. This can be done if you use Tools -> Customize -> Customization Maintenance to export to a package file, then edit the package file in notepad or any other text editor. Save a...

Suddenly, to-do list is broken
Good afternoon. Thanks for letting me part of this forum. I am using Outlook 2007. Things have been rolling along very well. Thi morning I closed Outlook while I left for a while. Now that I am back whenever I open Outlook my to-do bar will not display any tasks (no will they show in the task list in the week view of the calendar) Instead, there is a message saying, "The Operation Failed. An objec could not be found." The tasks are still there and I can access the via the tasks tab, but the to-do bar and the calendar are missing th tasks, which is what really made me fall in love w...

TEST ESSENTIAL REPORTS
Just for fun, I would like to see what the essential reports, budgets, accounts, etc. look like in Money 2005. I am scared to try it for fear it won't let me get back to advanced. Has anyone played around with it AND got back to advanced with no problems. Thanks for your input. Steve Can't say that I did, but I did get stuck in 'Essential' (read: Essentially Worthless) budgets. Had to reimport everything but it was easier the second (or is this third?) time through. I _have_ successfully avoided the duplicate unmergeable accounts on the subsequent attempts. The reason they...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

delegates permission using a distribution list
I am having problems with permissions on delegates in Outlook. I have a distribution list which has editor rights in a users calendar. When I try and access the calendar it doesn't work. When I go back into the delegates properties again the permission has gone back to NONE. It does however work fine on some clients. Outlook 2000 is being used and Exchange 2003. Convert the DL to a security group. "Gareth Hutchins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29a401c4ad33$4bb88de0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am having problems with permissions on d...

Reporting Tools Setup
..Good Day, When want to use Excel report builder to publish certain reports. We entered the shared location of the data connections in the Reporting Tools Setup screen, when we Run the deployment it pops up with a message that states one or more files failed to deploy. On the deployment report the reason given for the failure is 'File not written' Unfortunately the user guides is of very little help. Have anyone else experienced something similar? Thanks Check the read-write access is enabled for the shared location you're trying to deploy? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP O...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

Printer setting on sales reports
I am trying to setup a different default printer on a specific sales transaction, is that possible? I am going to Sales->Sales Batches, and for one of the batch transactions, I want them to print to a different printer. I know I can choose another printer manually once I am there by going to print setup, but would it be possible for me to eliminate that step for my users? My appoligies if I am using incorrect terminoligy for some of these things, I am not too familiar with Great Plains yet. Using Named Printers, you can direct invoices to one printer and picking tickets to another. ...

Reports #9
Hello Does anyone know how to add the vendor "ReorderNumber" to reports that show items sold and on-hand? Thanks Carl Email: carlb@telusplanet.net Hi Carl - the report you are running must be joined to the SupplierList table. If its not, add the following to the Tables Queried Section LEFT JOIN SupplierList WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.ID = SupplierList.ItemID Then add the following report column Begin Column FieldName = "SupplierList.ReorderNumber" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Reorder Number" V...

Using check boxes to limit a report.
I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to create a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place check marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had been checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way to link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a report once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or at least to somewhere that I can find out how to do ...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

Sorting a Report Based on Criteria
I have a report that I would like to sort based on user-entered criteria. There are two option groups in my form. Each option group has four fields (Name, Title, Date, ID) that the user can search. The user would select one option from each group. The first group is the primary sort and the second option group is for the secondary sort. For example, if the user selects Name from the Primary option group and Date from the Secondary option group, the report should be sorted by Name and then by Date. What code can I use to enable the user to search this way? Use a calculated field ...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

add a delivery report/read receipt to an excel cell
is it possible to add a delivery report/read receipt to a 2003 excel spreadsheet cell from an Outlook email With some custom VBA programming, you should be able to do this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "bishop bass" <bishop bass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98338893-D851-4767-A7A7-7460EB94B508@microsoft.com... > is it possible to ad...

Zoom Size in a Report
All the reports in my database (AC2000) open at 100% in printpreview. the database is split and the backend is on only 1 unit. I have the database on 5 PCs: 3 local and 2 in another state. the local user has 2 desktop units and 1 laptop. the remote user has one of each, both with the frontend resident and the backend on an external hard drive that can be switched as necessary. The problem is that all reports open as 'Fit' on both remove units but as 100% on the local units. I have checked and 'Track name Auto Correct' is NOT checked on any PC. why wou...

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...