Check Box Grouping

Hello,
When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records.  Would anyone
know why this would happen?

Ellen

What happens if you change your Grouping and Sorting expression to:
 =IIf([YourYNFieldName],"A","B")

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"EllenM" wrote:

> Hello,
> When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records.  Would anyone
> know why this would happen?
>
> Ellen
Why would you group on a check box?  I would think you would apply criteria
only to get either Yes or No's.

Post your query SQL.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"EllenM" wrote:

> Hello,
> When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records.  Would anyone
> know why this would happen?
>
> Ellen
Here's my query SQL: SELECT GRNs_In_The_System.ID, GRNs_In_The_System.Date,
GRNs_In_The_System.[FOI Number], GRNs_In_The_System.Subtype,
GRNs_In_The_System.Docnum, GRNs_In_The_System.InSystemNotStarted,
GRNs_In_The_System.[sent copyright to Rich], GRNs_In_The_System.[ready for
redaction], GRNs_In_The_System.[ready for the web], GRNs_In_The_System.[on
web], IIf([InSystemNotStarted]+[sent copyright to Rich]+[ready for
redaction]+[ready for the web]+[on web]=0,1,0) AS NoChecks,
GRNs_In_The_System.[Amendments/Supplements],
GRNs_In_The_System.[Amendments/Supplements posted]
FROM GRNs_In_The_System;
Thanks so much in advance for your help,
Ellen

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Why would you group on a check box?  I would think you would apply criteria
> only to get either Yes or No's.
>
> Post your query SQL.
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "EllenM" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records.  Would anyone
> > know why this would happen?
> >
> > Ellen
Your first post said "When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate
records." but I do not see any grouping in your SQL.  Where are you grouping?

By the way your table structure is wrong for a database as it is like a
spreadsheet.

This structure with a one-to-many relationship will work better --
GRNs_In_The_System --
DocID – Autonumber – primary key
Date
[FOI Number]
Subtype
Docnum

GRNs_Status --
StatusID – Autonumber – primary key
DocID – number – long integer - foreign key
Status – text –
-	InSystemNotStarted
-	[sent copyright to Rich]
-	[ready for redaction]
-	[ready for the web]
-	[on web]
-	[Amendments/Supplements]
-	[Amendments/Supplements posted]
StatusDate – DateTime

This data structure lets you query the status easier.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"EllenM" wrote:

> Here's my query SQL: SELECT GRNs_In_The_System.ID, GRNs_In_The_System.Date,
> GRNs_In_The_System.[FOI Number], GRNs_In_The_System.Subtype,
> GRNs_In_The_System.Docnum, GRNs_In_The_System.InSystemNotStarted,
> GRNs_In_The_System.[sent copyright to Rich], GRNs_In_The_System.[ready for
> redaction], GRNs_In_The_System.[ready for the web], GRNs_In_The_System.[on
> web], IIf([InSystemNotStarted]+[sent copyright to Rich]+[ready for
> redaction]+[ready for the web]+[on web]=0,1,0) AS NoChecks,
> GRNs_In_The_System.[Amendments/Supplements],
> GRNs_In_The_System.[Amendments/Supplements posted]
> FROM GRNs_In_The_System;
> Thanks so much in advance for your help,
> Ellen
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Why would you group on a check box?  I would think you would apply criteria
> > only to get either Yes or No's.
> >
> > Post your query SQL.
> >
> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "EllenM" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records.  Would anyone
> > > know why this would happen?
> > >
> > > Ellen
Thanks so much for your help, Karl.  Forgive me for my ignorance but, I
wanted to sort on the check box.  It has worked out well.

Ellen

Need message box to be at front of screen
Greetings all. I have set a timer on a form which has a message box that pops up at defined intervals telling the user they are still being timed. The problem is that if they are using another application with access minimized, the message box is not visible until they minimize all other applications that are on top of it. Is there a way to make the message box show on top of all other open applications? I am using Access 2003 with XP Pro. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are using the Access application to pop up an Access messagebox, I ...

Insert Check Box
Can anyone tell me how to insert a simple check box in an Excel worksheet. I have the actual check box on my worksheet, but when I click it, I want a checkmark to appear...and that is not what it is doing. Please help. Krista, Then what DOES it do when you click it? Does it select the check box (put handles around it)? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Krista Cook" <ekcook@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3E293822-F641-4DD5-844A-91459560293F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to insert ...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

check Text
Dear Gentlemen, I have typed a text in a cell. Now want to have formula which checks that the required text is in the cell or not. For example cell A1 contains rth In Cell B1 I want the formula =IF(A1=rth)..... But whenever I type the above type of formula an error message occours Please give suggessions. Thank you G.Karthi -- fitzol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fitzol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33328 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531506 =if(a1=&quo...

failed to send item dialog box when sending(why)
I keep getting failed to send item when I hit send on outlook ...

Pivot Tabel
hello, when i group dates by months from different years in a pivot table, excel returns: january, february, march,..., december but does not make a difference between 2003, 2004. how can i obtain jan-03, feb-03,..., dec-03, jan-04,...aug-04 ? thank you kindly for your help ! andy Group the dates by Years and Months. All the 2003 months will be listed, then all the 2004 months. Or, add a new column (e.g. YrMth) in the source data table, and use a formula to calculate the year and month. For example: =YEAR(A2)&"-"&TEXT(MONTH(A2),"00") Copy the formula do...

Text box validation 01-04-08
I have a form with several text boxes that I want to check for duplicate values in the table. The PK inthe table is an Autonumber. What I want to do is not allow the FirstName LastName FileNo and SSN to be the same for any two records. The combination of these fields would garuntee that the same individual would not be allowed to have two records created. You could set a unique index in the underlying table on those four fields. This would disallow the entry of duplicates (but only after the fact -- after the user entered values and tried to save them). Another approach would be to g...

Reprint AP check format on plain paper
Provide the ability to print a "copy" of a previously printed check w/ stub (with "void" in the signature section) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapp
How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapping? Excel decides how large to make these pseudo text boxes, based on the chart size, the amount of text, and the font properties. Aside from changing these, you have no control over the label sizes. You could replace the labels with textboxes, but these don't stay attached to a data point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Eton Careers" <Eton Careers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B18C20DE-FD79...

Sync Services check boxes won't stay checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Several computers in the office, running either 10.5.8 or 10.6.3, MS Office 2008, using Entourage sync services to sync with iCal. <br><br>Frequently, for no apparent reason, the top 2 sync services boxes come unchecked. Although we have on occasion run Onyx (like Cocktail), these events happen even when we haven't run Onyx in days or weeks. Sometimes it happens right after setting them, sometimes it works okay for a few hours or a day or two, but on these three computers, ev...

Grouping consecutive rows/columns in different groups
Hello, I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a different group for row 6-10. Everytime i group 1-5 then i try to group 6-10, it creates on group of rows 1-10??? How do i keep these groupings seperate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com HI, I'm not sure this is best, but if you insert a line between row 5 and 6, then group, they'll be separate. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: >I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a differ...

Is there a way to check
Is there a way to see what exhange is sending? I am having trouble sending outgoing mail to some domains. I think it is domains that do not have there own smpt site. If I do a nslookup -q=mx domainX, I get the correct smtp site for domainX, lets say MXdomain. I then do a telnet to MXdomain and am able to send a test message to xxx@domainX. BUT, if I just telnet to domainX telnet fails. DNS is working... Ready to pull my hair out - Steph http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Logging_the_SMTP_Service.html shows how to turn on SMTP logging.... post relevant excerpts and we will take a lo...

Excel
Dear Community, How can I change the size of the name box so I can see the whole name I gave to a specific range? Thanks, Marton Excel 2007 allows you do to this. In earlier versions, you cannot change the size of the box itself. You can, however, widen the width when it drops down. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.mail> wrote in message news:uyhsjnDUHHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear ...

Access 2007 form view search box
I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database using Access 2007. In form view, at the bottom with the record selector is a search/find dialog box. It searches every field in the database however I want to limit it to searching only selected fields. Can I get at the code for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons and build my own record selector and search funtion? Thank you. -- JBM Jim, I don't think you can configure that search box in the horizontal scroll bar of A2007. Perhaps you could add something like this: ...

Text Box #2
I inserted a text box in excel using the click and drag text from the tool bar and entered the relevant comments in english and as soon as I finish the language changes to German. I have done all the basic stuff like clearing any formats, removing the text box and inserting a new box, checking langauge settings etc, but nothing works. I have than inserted 2 more text boxes in the same manner and typed the text in english and these have been fine. Can anyone tell what could be causing this problem? ...

Spreadsheet with boxes
I have an Excel document with check boxes throughout the document but when I print the document, all of the check boxes move over to the far left side of the page and are all squished together. Help! Have a read here...... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838910 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:31:29 -0700, "Help!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Excel document with check boxes throughout the >document but when I print the document, all of the check >boxes move over to the far left side of the page and are >all squi...

overlapping text boxes show all lines.
In Publisher 2003 (unlike Publisher 2000), when I make overlapping text boxes, I do not want all lines to show, but they do. Waht shold I do? Publisher 2000 created text boxes that were not transparent by default, whereas 2003 creates text boxes transparent, maybe this is your issue. Fill your text box white. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC6C0270-1007-419D-B4F7-3F8FB38E86AA@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003 (unlike Publish...

Protected worksheet, showing and hiding Grouped detail
I have column data that is grouped. When I apply protection to the worksheet it is not possible to show hidden columns or hide displayed columns. I want users to be able to do this so that they can adjust the detail that is printed for their own purposes but I want the content of the sheet protected. Is there any way to do this? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .Enabl...

how to center a text box
How can I center a text box on the page? I know how to center the text that's IN the box, but I need to know how to center the text box ON THE PAGE. Thanks -- G Select the text box, right click it, click Format Text Box, under the Layout tab go to horizontal alignment and click Center. "Gary" wrote: > How can I center a text box on the page? I know how to center the text > that's IN the box, but I need to know how to center the text box ON THE PAGE. > > Thanks > -- > G ...

"Locking down" a combo box
Hi. I'm trying to lock-down/disable a combo box - the problem is that if i use m_cbMyCombo.EnableWindow(false) - then the text within it is unreadable. Is there someway to do it ? maybe like sending a message to the control like with CEdit and EM_SETREADONLY - which only makes it read-only and not disabled (which is unreadable)... "Ori" <orik@bimoked.co.il> wrote in message news:3f7b40fe$2@news.bezeqint.net... > Hi. > > I'm trying to lock-down/disable a combo box - the problem is that if i use > m_cbMyCombo.EnableWindow(false) - then the text within it...

Relative to a TAB Control I cannot 'send back' List Box and Subfor
Other controls get hidden when I 'Bring To Front' the Tab control. Even if I Send Back the List and Subform they stay in front. Is this normal? Can code have more control. -- Regards Tom Controls can be either: a) on the form, or b) in one of the pages of the tab control. From your description, it sounds like you have the controls sitting on the form, when you want them in the tab control. To change them: 1. Open the form in design view. 2. Select the controls that should be in page 1 of the tab control. 3. Cut them to clipboard (Ctrl+X.) 4. Click the tab page (i.e. click on th...

Tick all Boxes
I have a database that I have imported from other sources. One of the columns I have created has a data type Yes/No with a tick box (I am in datasheet view of a table). Is there an easy way to tick every box other then ticking on each individual one. (I have 2418 records) Thanks -- Dan Field (Surveyor) Use an Update row to set the yes/no field to Yes for all records: 1. Create a query using this table. 2. Change it to an Update query (Update on Query menu.) Access adds an Update row to the grid. 3. Drag the yes/no field into the grid. In the Update row under this field, enter: ...

Check Constraint
Is schematron the most popular way to do branching (conditional validation) on dot Net platform? ...

printing checks #7
Money and many other programs print checks if you have ordered pre printed checks with the account and aba info on the paper. I want to print checks from scratch, entering my own aba/account info and creating my own check numbers. Does Microsoft or anyone else have a program that lets you print your entire check on your own? I also don't get heavy into online banking yet although I have paid some bills online. I haven't seen a program that lets you print your entire check yet. I guess I could build my own template in Excel or something. find at discount at local compute...

group header on the whole report
I have a report with group header, I would like the group header only visible on the the specific group, but it shows on whole report, are there any switch to turn the group header off when I do not want to show the group header? Your information is great appreciated, iccsi wrote: >I have a report with group header, I would like the group header only >visible on the the specific group, but it shows on whole report, are >there any switch to turn the group header off when I do not want to >show the group header? > Me.groupheadername.Visible = False -- Mars...