Chart repeats in report

Hi,

I have form based charts and tables and reports as sub-objects
in one report, "Appendix".  This takes one report
header and nine section headers, no footers or detail section used.

However, I noticed, as I built "Appendix", that a peculiar effect has
happened, which to my, ignorant eye appears to be random.  The effect is that

some charts are repeated on the next page, and the following pages, for
several more pages.  As they repeat they gradually change vertical height on
the Appendix report's pages.  That is, the same chart (or table) repeats on
several following pages but changes height, often on the at first, next page
too tall and, then, getting progressively smaller on the following pages.

I've placed page beaks at strategic points but to no effect.  But I don't
really know what's going on:  Basically I'm just guessing!!

Do you know what causes this?

Thanks,

John

0
JohnWhyte

I had a similar problem where the one chart had many pages.  What I did was
move the chart to the "header" instead of the "detail" area of the report.
Good Luck!

Devon Vinson

"JohnWhyte" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have form based charts and tables and reports as sub-objects
> in one report, "Appendix".  This takes one report
> header and nine section headers, no footers or detail section used.
>
> However, I noticed, as I built "Appendix", that a peculiar effect has
> happened, which to my, ignorant eye appears to be random.  The effect is that
>
> some charts are repeated on the next page, and the following pages, for
> several more pages.  As they repeat they gradually change vertical height on
> the Appendix report's pages.  That is, the same chart (or table) repeats on
> several following pages but changes height, often on the at first, next page
> too tall and, then, getting progressively smaller on the following pages.
>
> I've placed page beaks at strategic points but to no effect.  But I don't
> really know what's going on:  Basically I'm just guessing!!
>
> Do you know what causes this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Thanks, Devon.

However, none of my charts are in the detail section.  They are all in the
header or footer.

John

Devon wrote:
>I had a similar problem where the one chart had many pages.  What I did was
>move the chart to the "header" instead of the "detail" area of the report.
>Good Luck!
>
>Devon Vinson
>
>> Hi,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>
>> John

JohnWhyte

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Copying data from one chart to another

1 Chart

Report Format

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

underline in row not repeating
It seems as if my bottom of the cell outline is not repeating on subsequent pages. I have a few header rows on a sheet. The bottom row has a bottom line. I'm talking about cell outlines, not underlining of words in the cell. Anyway, I've told the print option to repeat the first 3 rows on following pages but the bottom outline does not seem to repeat. How can I fix this? Thanks, Keith Never mind. This seems to be working. Not sure what was going on the first time. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OM82rj8rIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...