Can I set up default Header/Footer fields?

the The majority of reports I create have the same logo and title format in
the report header, and the same fields in the page footer.  Is there any way
these can be set as a default?  I understand that controls won't work in a
template, only overall formatting.
Thanks
Joanne

See the suggestions in this article:
    Default forms, reports and databases
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-43.html

That's what I actually do.

"Joanne" <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the The majority of reports I create have the same logo and title format
> in
> the report header, and the same fields in the page footer.  Is there any
> way
> these can be set as a default?  I understand that controls won't work in a
> template, only overall formatting.
> Thanks
> Joanne

0
Allen

I can't get my concatenate formula results to show
When I go to Insert, Funciton, chose concatenate, then the cells I want to merge, I can see the correct results, but once I hit OK and the wizard closes I can only see the formula =concatenate(A2,B2) - I have tried the CTRL + ` to swith between views but no luck It sounds like the cell was formatted to Text before you entered the formula. Change the format to General and press F2 then Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Lauren" <Lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20C63E8-15C...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

How to create an email in a client's default mail client
Hi I need to create and send an email using MAPI that works when the client is using outlook express, or a variety of versions of outlook. I think this code will work with a variety of outlook versions, but it doesn't work with outlook express What do I need to do differently to work with Outlook Express and Outlook? -------------- Code Snippet Set oApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oOutbox = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4) '4 = olFolderOutbox enum value Set oEmail = oApp.CreateItem(0) '0 - olMailItem enum va...

can not see files
I am using win xp sp3. I just put a new hard drive. I re-install o/s and reinstalled docs& settings from a external hard drive. I am trying to use macrium and make a bart pe disk. All of my files are hidden. IWhen i download something to my documents if i go directly to my documents i can see them. If i go into windows explorer they are not visable. How can I make them not hidden? I went into folders and clicked show hidden folders. Thank you, Phil If I click on my docs from the start menu i can see all my downloads, when i go into explorer, on the left side (folder side) t...

Can't send mail -- "object cannot be found"?
I set up outlook to read mail through an IMAP account and I have no problems downloading mail from the server, but whenever I try to send mail, the following error box pops up: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I searched the knowledge base and tried the solution in article 312354, but the error persists. Is there any way to fix this? I have no problem sending/receiving mail through Outlook Express, but would like to switch over to Outlook. ...

Setting up a Macro
What I want to do is record a macro and then have a button on the spreadsheet to click that will run the macro. The macro itself will cause a Solver to be run so it only has to open the Solver and input 2 predetermined cells and one predetermined hard number. I can start and stop a macro recording and set a hot key to run it, but when I run the macro its stops and tries to debug itself unsuccessfully. I know there are only a few steps to pull this off, but I can't seem to get it right. Any help would be appreciated. Post the code you are trying to run and indicate which line is throw...

How can I control the application bar color (active state)?
Hi all, When a Windows application lost focus, it's title bar will become gray(in WinXP). I have twin process application´┐Ż´┐Ż I hope one process has focus, the other process' title bar is still blue. I don't want to draw the title bar myself. Is there any flag I can control to maintain the blue state when user focus come to any process of mine? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! On May 11, 8:49=A0am, "John Smith" <ta...@126.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > =A0 =A0 =A0When a Windows application lost focus, it...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

Can't 'search' new address list
We have Exchange 2003 SP1. I have created a large set of contacts from an external mail system. I can see the new addresses in the GAL, and in a new Address List I created, but I can't 'search' on these addresses. I have done this before with another group of external address and I can 'search' those -- I don't know what I am missing. Any help much appreciated. In Outlook - click the 'To:' box and in the 'Type Name or Select From List' -- I can only -- select from list --- not 'type name'. Thanks. C Emmons ...

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

How Can I Capture Headers of Fraud Emails?
I'm running Outlook 2002, SP-2 on XP Home Edition. I get about 3-4 out-and-out fraud emails a week. For example, a spoof of Citibank whose intent is to trick me into going to a web site that spoofs Citibank's, inducing me to provide the fraudulent site with sensitive personal information. Another is the notorious Nigerian scam, updated for Uganda, or Ghana, or wherever. My Preview pane is always off. For questionable email, I save it, then view it with Notepad if I want to see what the email is about. That way the html does not execute. The html is a little messy to read, but that&#...

Can't delete email in Inbox older than 1 year
I realize this sounds wierd. At work, I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 which uses an Exchange server. Anyway, I have had these old emails i my Inbox that I can't delete. I was testing this and noticed that i the email was older than 1 year, I get the "Messaging Interface ha returned an unknown error....." when I try move or delete these ol emails. I can delete anything newer than 1 year. Very odd. I have cleaned up my pst file so that it is down to 190MB. I also ra the repair tool a few times, but it did not fix the problem. I have nice clean Inbox except for these 100 emails tha...

Can't Open or Corrupt Report Money Plus Deluxe File
When I want to export a report using the .CSV format, I get an error that the file is corrupt or the file type is wrong. Thus the file cannot be opened in MS Spreadsheet. After a little investigation, I found that my version Money deluxe (17.0120.1415) is generating a corrupt CSV file. The work around to the issue is to open the csv file with Notepad.Go to the very last line of information in the file, press enter and then hold the delete key to remove and excess spaces. Save and close the file. Now the file can be opened with the spreadsheet. This error never occured when MS Money ...

Public Folder Limits? Can't move the items into new public folders.
Hi there. I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from a .pst file into a newly created public folder on Exchange 2003. When I attempt, I get the following error message: "Can't move the items. A rule in this public folder prevents a message this large from being posted." Now I've gone through and blown away all limits I can find, but I continue to get this message! Someone, please help! Thanks, Marty >-----Original Message----- >Hi there. > >I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from >a .pst file into a newly created...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

find default "look in"
Is there a way, I can make Excel default the "look in" to 'values' when I open the Find dialog box, rather than formulas ?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It looks like excel tries to help by remembering the last thing you used. So maybe you could have a dummy workbook that you put in your XLStart folder that does a Find with the settings you like: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Can't import OE6 account information into Outlook
I've got a whole load of mail in my OE6 box and am trying to migrate it to Outlook 2002. All the messages etc have come through, but the account information for all the email addresses I have is not being done. If I manually try to Import via Import -> Internet Mail & Account Settings, I get "No Internet Accounts were found to Import". Help appreciated. do you have more than one identity in OE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/ex...

how set view>zoom>75% for always
Thanks for any help. My Excel zoom is set for 100%, automatically. I would like to set it for 75% automatically, is there a way to do that? I looked in Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks very much. The Zoom factor is a setting that applies to each worksheet and window individually, and is saved with the workbook. So any existing worksheets/windows will already have their zoom and there is no overriding setting that will change it. You could change it manually or through a macro and the new zoom will always be there for that window. If you want all worksheets in ...

how can i check my yahoo mail from outlook?
i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? what shall i do? Use your browser instead. Outlook is for POP mail, not web mail. "daniel hassanian" wrote: > i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? > what shall i do? "daniel hassanian" <daniel hassanian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67A7F745-2C04-4B92-8F1A-978D61250894@microsoft.com... > i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? > what shall i do? Exactly what is the problem? Do you know or have the mail servers ...

3075 Error Trying to search for key word in a comments field.
OK so here is where I am and what I am trying to do next. Where I am. I have my Visual Basic code tied into the OK command button. I have a Form to search through my data and only put the requested information in a query. So far I have all of this working fine. I have the code clear the query each time it is used and repopulate the querry with the new choices.(The Where From etc...) The Problem with what I am trying to do next. It has been decided that there needs to be a comments column. They then what the option to search for a key word in the column to define the results. The...

Outlook Academic
I have a new PC under construction and Office 2007 H&S on order. I also have genuine Outlook 2007 ready to load (at present still wrapped up). Will I be able to load them onto my new PC, Laptop + Son's computer (3 in all) under the terms of my licence? If not, how do I extend my licence to cover all three, and how much will it cost? Many thanks Badsworth And dont multi post Allready answered in other group "badsworth" <badsworth@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:1LednZqbs5EkTqjWnZ2dnUVZ8t2dnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a new PC under construc...

How can I?? Please
How can I view address book in Word 2003 without having Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 as the email default program - I need to keep my email in Outlook Express? All help will be greatly appreciated, Jim I don't believe you can use the .wab file/OE address book in Office applications. Jim wrote: > How can I view address book in Word 2003 without having Microsoft > Office Outlook 2003 as the email default program - I need to keep my > email in Outlook Express? All help will be greatly appreciated, > > Jim Im not quite sure what you mean but i hope this helps. In ou...