Can I set up default Header/Footer fields?

the The majority of reports I create have the same logo and title format in
the report header, and the same fields in the page footer.  Is there any way
these can be set as a default?  I understand that controls won't work in a
template, only overall formatting.
Thanks
Joanne

See the suggestions in this article:
    Default forms, reports and databases
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-43.html

That's what I actually do.

"Joanne" <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the The majority of reports I create have the same logo and title format
> in
> the report header, and the same fields in the page footer.  Is there any
> way
> these can be set as a default?  I understand that controls won't work in a
> template, only overall formatting.
> Thanks
> Joanne

0
Allen

Setting up email account
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap I am trying to set up MobileMe on Entourage. I entered smtp.me.com as the outgoing server, but Entourage cannot connet to the server. Please someone HELP! On 2010-04-09 06:17:11 -0400, Rosely@officeformac.com said: > I entered smtp.me.com as the outgoing server, but Entourage cannot > connet to the server. Please someone HELP! Have you enabled SSL and used Pasword authentication?? Corentin -- --- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org...

setting address format to smtp
Is there a setting to change so that the smtp address is in the recipient address and or to field instead of the x400 /exchange addresss Can you provide more info. For example what version of Exchange? Exchange 2003 the SMTP should be default. What exactly is the problem you are experiencing. Nue "Jibril Esa" <jesa@conarc.com> wrote in message news:uSKqo7hjGHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting to change so that the smtp address is in the recipient > address and or to field instead of the x400 /exchange addresss > In exchange 2003 environme...

Delegate access setting Out of Office assistant
I am pretty sure that this is not possible, but confirmation would be nice! Is it possible to set the 'Out of Office' message (Outlook 2003) for a mailbox that you have delegate access to, even if you have full mailbox rights? Surely you must have to be logged in as the user who needs the Out of Office assistant to be able to do this (or at least the ability to be able to choose thier email profile), as there are no options in the Out of Office settings to choose an email account other than your own. Thanks Martin Must access the mailbox directly via Outlook or OWA to turn on/off ...

VBA setting range in another sheet
I want to save the value in tab="Database" to a variable. But I don't want to activate the sheet everytime, since this seems to slow things down a lot. So originally I was writing: Sheets("Database").select X = Range("F4").Value But is there another way to set X=Range F4, without selecting the sheet? Thanks Good man! X = Sheets("Database").Range("F4").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1425DE-B4AB-4D81-8D...

Error message Invalid Argument when setting Regarding for email
Using Outlook Client for CRM 4.0 Online with all the latest updates installed. For some emails I'm getting error message Invalid Argument when selecting the Regarding icon, then selecting a Account. This is after selecting the Track icon. Doesn't happen on all emails. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks in advance Mike Hi Mike, this is a very wild guess, but looking on the web for a similar issue I found some people who solved problems promoting items from Outlook to CRM with changing the max length for E-Mail messageid to 250. The default is 100, and 250 is just somet...

ReportViewer
Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked (no calendar page, no error) in ie 8. FoxFire works. Same report works fine when viewed directly on the report server in ie8. Resolved myself. Sloppy coding on the Master page. <form> tag out of place in table structure. "Pete Hay" wrote: > Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type > parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked > (no calen...

Can't open NRL Files (.nrl)
Hi all I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL File (.nrl). I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you for your time reading this. "Wolfhorn" <Wolfhorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414B5A7D-8BD5-4476-9679-F2751B0F70FB@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL > File (.nrl). > I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can > help me that w...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

Template Folder and Default Location
I am trying to add templates to the FILE>>NEW window but I have so confused myself at this point that I am hoping you kind folks will clear this up for me The templates that show up there now are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\103 I tried adding my new ones to this folder but they didn't show up so I did a little "investigating" in the newsgroups and found that I too (like others I came across) have more than one instance of an XLStart folder as follows 1. C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office (this has one folder in it called "personal" and...

shellexecute not opening opera (default browser)
ShellExecute(this->m_hWnd,"open","http://somesite.com/somepage.htm", NULL,NULL, SW_SHOW); but it's not opening my default browser opera... instead its returning ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND error... i am using opera 9.02...2000 OS.. if the default browser IE then no problem... some one explain in detail I have never had a problem with it. When you click on a link in some document(say word doc), does it launch Opera? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <lencastro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165581644.934130.318980@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com.....

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

Summing Null Fields
When I try to set up an automatic calculation to add multiple fields together and give me the results in another field, I get no results unless each of the fields has some value in it. I can of course, set the default value to zero, but I would rather create an expression that will still add the fields with values and either skip (or assume null fields are zero) in a formula. Current Setup: unbound field with this string as the control source: =([total1]+[totallaborcost]+[totalpartscost]+[total2]+[total3]) I know I shouldn't store this in the record but right now I have no choice until ...

Counting NON-Blank fields
I have two columns of data that I export from MS-Access into Excel and then paste into another excel spreadsheet. Column A is my description; Columns B and C are my values. Both Column B and Column C have 50 rows. (This number varies) Column B has some blank rows. Column C has data in all rows (always). I need to count the number of records in each column. Using the CountA command, I currently first have to select any blank field and delete the contents as Excel is reacting as if they are not blank. Using the CountBlank command it correctly counts the blank fields, howe...

Binary Field from .mdb
All, Is there any way to write a program to retrieve a bitmap from a field and save it as a separate .bmp file? Any sample code (VB, C, etc.) anywhere? Thanks, Randal Ferguson Check Stephen's website. He is the expert on images and Access. http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Randal Ferguson" <rdfsoft@cs.com> wrote in message news:bpk8cl$5of$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com... > All, > > Is there any way to write a program to retrieve a bitmap from a field and > save it as a separate .bmp file? Any sample code (VB, C, etc.) any...

Huge header: how can I reduce it?
A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in the main part, with what appear to be small regions of header and footer. However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table. Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be. I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of header/footer issues. I guess this is wh...

ht change default directory for import/export
In Access 2007 is there a way to change the default folder location used for import and export? There's a "Default database folder" under the "Popular" Access options, but it only affects open/save and importing/exporting Access files (accdb and mdb). All the other import/exports (txt, xlsx, xml, etc.) all default to My Documents. Would love to change that, any help? ...

Default Recipent Policy Not Working....
Hi This is an odd one... We have a single Exchange 2000 server with about 40 users in one domain... Never had any problems with things before but, I've just added a new user to AD and clicked on "Create Email Address" (just as I normally do...) and the mailbox seems to have been created (but I can't see it in Exchange Administrator..?). Also the address is not shown in the GAL and the Default Recipient Policy which establishes and Email address and X400 address does not seem to have worked...? I can send an email to the newly created address, but I cannot configure Outloo...

OWA default color scheme
Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our school colors. Thanks. owa admin tool for exchange 2003. - rg "KJacks" <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC05FF7D-CF28-4F48-B02D-84FD7D5579E8@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange > server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our > school colors. > Thanks. got a link? "rg" wrote: > owa ...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
I am trying to use an IIF statement to have a filed calculate based on another field having either Yes or No in it. The fields are: TotalTuitions - all the tuitions added together MultiClassTrigger - Yes/No fiield MultiClassDisc - 10% discount to be calculated depending on Yes/No IIF statement - MultiClassDisc:IIf([MultiClassTrigger]=Yes,[TotalTuitions]*0.1,0) This will work the first time that Yes is selected in the Trigger field but then the value will stay when I change the Trigger field back to No. With No selected it should change the discount field back to zero. ...

Create form that can't be chg'd but info can be copied/pasted?
I've created a template & protected cells but I want to move data around, can I link info, or create form that the data lays on top of, etc. ...

Find and replace values across multiple fields
I would like to find and replace several values in my Access table.For example, I would like to change all "%40" to "@", but rather thanspecify a single field/column of my table to search through, I wouldlike the code to search through all of the fields in my table (thereare too many replacements and too many field names to specify).How can I modify the code below so that it searches through each fieldin the table?Public Function RunCleanValues() DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE [mytable] SET [fieldname] =Replace([fieldname],'%40','@');"End FunctionThank yo...

scanost can not open file
I used to be connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server & therefore my Outlook works off an .ost file. However I no longer work for that company so I cannot link to the Exhange Server. However my .ost file has become currupt some how & I've tried running scanost.exe directly by going through program files, but it will not let me run it as it says that Outlook is not closed or some program that uses Outlook is running & therefore will not scan the .ost file. Has anyone a idea of what I can do please? Eddie If you are no longer connecting to the Exchange server, w...

Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?
Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing that I really miss and need when working back and forth between my G4 and PC files. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie" <natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or >translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing >that I really miss and need when working back and forth >between my G4 and PC files. AFAIK you're SOL... ("As far as I know you're shit outta luck") to open ...