Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?

I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to
Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it
would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in
Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report.

Thanks,

CEV

0
CEV

I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel
option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it.

Thanks,

CEV

"CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to
>Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it
>would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this
>in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report.
>
> Thanks,
>
> CEV

0
CEV
10/29/2007 4:48:01 PM
CEV wrote:
> I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to
> Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right
> next to it.

Apparently the ability to do this *for reports* was removed.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
10/30/2007 12:07:54 AM
Hello Chad,

This feature has been depreciated from Access 2007. The workaround is to
either export the underlying table/query to Excel. Please see the following
article for details:

You cannot export a report to an Excel format in Access 2007
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934833/en-us>

Also, you can download one of the add-ins like PDF or XPS format converters
as described in above link.

Please rest assured that your feedback on this feature is routed to the
proper channel. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to let's
know. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Peter Yang

Microsoft Online Community Support

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx>.

petery
10/30/2007 2:47:44 AM
I never thought I would lose features after "upgrading" to a newer version.
Good to know though. This will help in my decision to roll it out to the
rest of the organization.

CEV

""Peter Yang[MSFT]"" <petery@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Chad,
>
> This feature has been depreciated from Access 2007. The workaround is to
> either export the underlying table/query to Excel. Please see the
> following
> article for details:
>
> You cannot export a report to an Excel format in Access 2007
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934833/en-us>
>
> Also, you can download one of the add-ins like PDF or XPS format
> converters
> as described in above link.
>
> Please rest assured that your feedback on this feature is routed to the
> proper channel. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to
> let's
> know. Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Peter Yang
>
> Microsoft Online Community Support

> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx>.
> rights.

0
CEV
10/30/2007 2:33:12 PM
Another workaround is to change your report to a form.  You can export a form
to Excel.

"CEV" wrote:

> I never thought I would lose features after "upgrading" to a newer version.
> Good to know though. This will help in my decision to roll it out to the
> rest of the organization.
>
> CEV
>
> ""Peter Yang[MSFT]"" <petery@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Chad,
> >
> > This feature has been depreciated from Access 2007. The workaround is to
> > either export the underlying table/query to Excel. Please see the
> > following
> > article for details:
> >
> > You cannot export a report to an Excel format in Access 2007
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934833/en-us>
> >
> > Also, you can download one of the add-ins like PDF or XPS format
> > converters
> > as described in above link.
> >
> > Please rest assured that your feedback on this feature is routed to the
> > proper channel. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to
> > let's
> > know. Thanks.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >

> > Peter Yang
> >
> > Microsoft Online Community Support
> >
> > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

> > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
> > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
> > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
> > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
> > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
> > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
> > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
> > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
> > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
> > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
> > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx>.
> > rights.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

learning Excel #3

outlook 2007 e-mail

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Access to User Calendar

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...