Bulleted lines in report

I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a
field on a report.  I am using Access 2007.  I can find the buttons in the
ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active.  I
have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to
15.  When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it.
Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mark

I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes
with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb
;-)

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Mark G" wrote:

> I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a
> field on a report.  I am using Access 2007.  I can find the buttons in the
> ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active.  I
> have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to
> 15.  When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it.
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
Thanks Duane, you're right it is a real bomb.  It does what I want it to do,
just not as professional as I would like.  Any idea what the rich text
buttons are for on the access 2007 ribbon?

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes
> with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb
> ;-)
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Mark G" wrote:
>
> > I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a
> > field on a report.  I am using Access 2007.  I can find the buttons in the
> > ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active.  I
> > have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to
> > 15.  When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it.
> > Any help would be great.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark
There are quite a few other symbols that you could use in place of the bomb.
Why not use one that is a circle or square?
--

"Mark G" wrote:

> Thanks Duane, you're right it is a real bomb.  It does what I want it to do,
> just not as professional as I would like.  Any idea what the rich text
> buttons are for on the access 2007 ribbon?
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes
> > with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb
> > ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "Mark G" wrote:
> >
> > > I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a
> > > field on a report.  I am using Access 2007.  I can find the buttons in the
> > > ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active.  I
> > > have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to
> > > 15.  When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it.
> > > Any help would be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Mark
Thanks Duane, I got something to work, I just needed a little nudge in the
right direction.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> There are quite a few other symbols that you could use in place of the bomb.
> Why not use one that is a circle or square?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Mark G" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Duane, you're right it is a real bomb.  It does what I want it to do,
> > just not as professional as I would like.  Any idea what the rich text
> > buttons are for on the access 2007 ribbon?
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes
> > > with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb
> > > ;-)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP
> > > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

What is wrong with this line?
mySeries[1] = mySeriesCollection.Add(myWorksheet.get_Range("D2", "D13"), Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, false, false, false); Causes this error... System.InvalidCastException was unhandled OleAut reported a type mismatch. What am I doing wrong? ...

Compare records in multiple sheet -> report
Hi! I have a workbook consisting of ten sheets. To simplify my question let�s say that the three first columns of every sheet denotes the spatial coordinates x,y,z and the fourth column is a scalar value. Some x,y,z-triplets exist in all 10 sheets, some exists in only a few sheets, if the triplet exists, then also the scalar value of the 4th column exists. What I would like to do is to find all unique x,y,z-triplets and show them in the first column of a new sheet. In columns 2-11, I would like to show the scalar value(from the corresponding x,y,z-triplet of course) in column 4 in s...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

Reports not availble on ssms
Hello Gurus, Here is a situation I have versions of SQL from 2000 to 2008 in both the 2005 and 2008 version of ssms I can not see the report section when right clicking on a database in SSMS. However I can view these reports when I RDC into the server using the exact same windows credentials?? Is there something missing on my client tool that would cause this? or What?? help! Wisord *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Report Server Error 09-28-07
After uninstalling MSCRM from my server, I tried installing it again. This has led me to the problem of the report server. I'm using the default server name http://<servername>/reportserver and it's still not realizing that it is actually there and fully running. I've checked the Services section of my server and also checked the individual server status. Both are running within normal parameters. Before the uninstall, the report server was running properly and CRM recognised that it was actually there. Any ideas? ....reed Is this SQL Server 2000 or 2005 SRS? 1. Fo...

Bullet
Dear gurus, is there any way I can insert bullets into excel file? just like in words? thanks in advance. regards, Steven --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.550 / Virus Database: 342 - Release Date: 09-12-2003 No, but you can create a bullet by holding down Alt key while typing 0149 with the numpad, -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Steven Yong" <csyong@ebworx.com> wrote in message news:OajQ5EGwDHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear gurus, > > is there any way I can insert bullets i...

Equation of smoothed line between points
HI, I know I can add a trend line and get the equation for it. But the data I have does not really fit the trendline types offered. When I just add a line between the points and it is in SMOOTHED mode, is there any way to get that equations. Or at least to find values on that line between existing data points. And I realize I could linearly interpolate between those point, but I would rather have the smoothed line. THanks for the help. -- Mark Mesarch School of Natural Resources University of Nebraska-Lincoln You realize that the smoothing is not rigorously defined to track the da...

Crystal Reports help
We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal Reports 10. We will be running most of our reports through Crystal because you can do so much more than with the Report Writer. I am looking for a good reference book for Crystal 10 (this is the first version I have ever used) any suggestions? You can get books on Crystal 10 in any large bookseller. One thing you won't get is how to use Crystal with Great Plains. There was some training materials available. You will want to consult the Great Plains SDK for help on the tables to use. JO wrote: > We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal R...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

Counting in a Report
I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header text box on my report: =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) Now in the footer of my report I want to add the result of those text boxes in another text box. What should I enter for the Control Source of that text box? Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message <evr8e50dpb@enews1.newsguy.com>: > I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header > text box on my report: > > =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) > > Now in the footer of my report I want to add the re...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Moveable Vertical Line
I am trying to create a chart with two vertical lines that are moveable by the user clicking and dragging them to a spot on the chart. One line is for the starting x value and one is for the ending x value inside the given range. Once I have the start and end lines placed I would like to do an average of all the values that fall in between them. And also find the min/max values. What I am having trouble doing is creating a vertical line that a user can click on and move to whatever x value they want. I can create the line but how do I assign it's position to a particular x value??? A...

adding a line to an existing chart
Hi, I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on top of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many things but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I am fairly new to this. JudyT Select the data for the new line (say F2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series; click OK Suppose the data is G2:F20 with new x-values in column F Select the data for the new line (say G2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; speci...

Graphic report in Report writer
Hi, I have modified the Short SOP invoice form to a graphic report. My issue is when I print the report on screen all the fields display correctly as modified. But when printing on paper most of the fields do not display correctly. What I see is that on the place where data should be printed some strange characters are displayed. I tried to print on different printers and different workstations, but still this issue remains. Also at the client site the same issue remains. Does anybody have an idea of how this should be solved? Looking forward for an solution, -- Elaine ...

CFile write line feed VC++
I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using CFile. I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike folderann wrote: > I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using > CFile. > > I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the > documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike "\n" is a line feed. CFile f; if (f.Open("C:\\lf.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeReadWrite )) { f.Write("\n", 1); f.Close(); }...