Automatically name a report when exporting to PDF

Hello,

I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print
preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS
button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within
Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on
my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I
want to save my report to pdf.

How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default
file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM?

Please let me know.

Thanks
0
shm135

I think you'd have to code a command button to do it, using the OutPutTo
method of the DoCmd object.  Check out the method in Help for more details.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

shm135 wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print
>preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS
>button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within
>Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on
>my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I
>want to save my report to pdf.
>
>How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default
>file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM?
>
>Please let me know.
>
>Thanks

KenSheridan

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Automatically Configure Outlook Profile
Is there any way to have my network (Server 2003) users Outlook profiles automatically configured when they log on etc.? Yes, using the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard = from the Office Resource Kit.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Keith" <@.> wrote in message = news:%23UAyURLUFHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to have my network (Server 2003) users Outlook = profiles...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

Export from Access
I built an Access database which to export the daliy (new) figures to Excel to the desktop. One of the queries is for pulling all the information for a Credit Manager (CM). I then need to link this data to a summary spreadsheet. So each day I want to go to my database, pick the CM's data, export and replace the old info with the new, and keep the links I have created when I exported the first one. When I exported the first, I linked it to a number of spreadsheets. Any thoughts? I get an error telling me that It cannot expand the named range. If I rename it then I would have to r...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

How to print Z report twice?
Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report can only be run once. Is it true? If not how can i retrieve the information again and run the report for the 2nd time? You can find it in the journal viewer just like a receipt and reprint it from there. <oez4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154589409.592371.315400@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to > run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report...

Third Party Dictionary Reports
Hi All, We are creating a custom table that has a one to one relationship with Sales Transaction Amounts Work, so it has the required SOPTYPE, SOPNUMBE, LNITMSEQ and CMPTSEQ columns to create the join. I need to add this table to the Blank Invoice, so that I can print the new custom fields. What should we do to ensure that these fields are available? Thanks in advance for your assistance Regards HS You have to use Dexterity to accomplish this goal. A separate dictionary has to be created. Based on working with a developer, it's a difficult task. I think using Crystal is a much bett...

PDF question
Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people that way. I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled. In one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the problem. But in the other instance it's not an unusual font. Is there any way I can change/correct the garbled font? I have Adobe Acrobat reader 5.0. Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and it didn't "ta...

Custom Reports Using MS Access?
Ran across a thread where Glen Adams suggested using MS Access to create custom reports instead of Crystal Reports. But Glenn never said where to point Access to obtain the needed information to create the reports. Glenn, if you are watching can you give us some more info on how to use Access to create a report? I'm not Glen... I think you would use ODBC... to connect to the RMS database. Then use Access to connect via ODBC... Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0df801c46ea7$d79b00b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

Crystal Reports XI password storage
In earlier versions of Crystal Reports, the user id and password to access the GP tables were able to be stored in the connection properties so that they did not have to be entered when refreshing a report. I can store the used id, but I have not been able to find a way to store the password in Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how it can be done? Thanks. How Early? I have been using Crystal since V4 and don't remember that. However, You can set up a trusted group and use that trusted relationship when creating your reports. In this manner, y...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Sub Report Repeating
With On My Main Report I have a Sup Report, The Main Reports Shows The Project Number. Project Title and Enquiry: Enquiry Could Be Anything From "Supply Only Ductwork" The Sub-Report Shows All The Drawings That Are Needed For That Enquiry, The Sub-Report Is Set to a Contineuos Type, The Problem Arise's If Ive Seletced The Say 2 or more Companys For that Enquiry, What Is Happening The Sub Report Is Duplicating The Drawing List For How Many Companys Ive Set The Enquiry To. Is The Away I Can Just Print the One Set of Drawings for that Enquiry Records, and Not Repeat the Whole S...

Custom Report 03-19-10
There is no way for me to run a report on Buydown Pricing, is there anyone who has a report for this option? If not, can someone write a custom report for it, and how much might something like this run me? I would like it to do something like buydown quantity greater/less/equal and same for buydown price... please contact me at nagarra @ yahoo . com or respond here with your contact info! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

name appearing in the outgoing mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name still shows up. Any suggestions? <br> Thanks. On 2010-05-04 16:45:26 -0400, Bila@officeformac.com said: > I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up > in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name > still shows up. Any suggestions? Well if you have indeed changed the name prop...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

Automatically update Value for data label
Hello I am using Excel 2003 SP2, and have some graphs which have the value (data label) for the last month. Each month new data is entered and the data label has to be deleted for the previous month and the data label for the most recent month added (it still uses the same old data - new data is only entered for the most recent month). Is there any way where the data label can automatically update with the most recent months value (as the chart updates itself automatically currently). Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards, Nav ...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

Is there any way to convert a pdf document into an excel document.
Is there any way to convert a pdf file into an excel document? ...

Denial of report access
I would like to deny access to specific reports thoughout CRM for a group of users. I have already created Security Group-Domain Local at the Active Directory and assigned some users. Afterwards I opened SQL Server Reporting Services, selected the report I didn't the group to access and assigned the new group with a new role (only task:View folders). At the end I deleted all the other groups except BUILTIN\Administrators and tried to enter as the acess denied user. Unfortunatelly it didn't work. What else should I need to do? Thank you in advance! ...

making my own reports......
I am doing a mailshot next month and i have several customertypeid's set up for all my different customers, i have a report which shows everything i need (|Customer name, address1,address2,state,zip,country) but i want account type id to be available on the report so i can filter it accordingly, when i add the following to the report i get errors - can anyone help? If i just plonk this into a customer list report should it work? I did this to add the country colum to my reports and it worked ok! Begin Column FieldName = "AccountTypeID" DrillDownFieldName = "&qu...