Applying different formatting in the text box that has conditional

Is it possible to apply different formatting styles in a textbox that has
reference to multiple fields and formulas? Thank you

Yes.
Show what you are putting in the text box and how you would want it formatted.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

olesja wrote:

>Is it possible to apply different formatting styles in a textbox that has
>reference to multiple fields and formulas?

It's probably doable in a report.  What does "reference to
multiple fields and formulas" mean?  What kind of different
formats?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

="We are enclosing a summary of " &
IIf([plan]=1,"Plan1",IIf([plan]=2,"Plan2")) & " Benefits as of " &
Format([stmt_date],"mmmm dd"", ""yyy") & ". Please review this data to
confirm that information is correct."

And, I only need to bold plan name and underline "review this data to
confirm".
I appreciate any ideas.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Yes.
> Show what you are putting in the text box and how you would want it formatted.
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "olesja" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to apply different formatting styles in a textbox that has
> > reference to multiple fields and formulas? Thank you

Buy X (at different times) and Get Y free
Does anyone know a way to set up a free purchase after the purchase of x amount over time? For example: In my store, I developed a card which allows the 13th purchase of a dozen crickets to be free after the purchase of 12 dozen. However, the 12 dozen are purchased at different times. We punch the card for every dozen purchased. When the 12 dozen have been punched, the next dozen is free and the card is kept by the store. I would like to have the system track the cricket dozens purchased by customer and know to provide the 13th free and get rid of the card system. Retail Realm of...

forwarded message come in as .eml, not inline Text Outlook 2003
When people forward messages to me, the forwarded message arrives as an .eml attachment. I am using Outlook 2003. How can I get the system to not convert the forwarded messages as .eml attachments, rather in-line text in the e-mail? Thanks, Leslie They've probably chose to forward as attachment and are using Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail. Have them use a normal forward instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World...

Customer statement to show the payment amnt without applied amnt
I would like the customer statement shows the payment amounts as it is without deducting the applied amounts. When I show the this way I don't want to display the applied details at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

combo boxes and colours
How do i set the color of a combo box listing different to the actual field cotnents color when i click the combo box button., i wnat the listing of chocies to be a differnt color to the original field content? Pat Put focus on the combo, go to format -> conditional formatting. In the first combo change the value to "field has focus", and then change the background color. "Patrick" wrote: > How do i set the color of a combo box listing different to the actual field > cotnents color when i click the combo box button., i wnat the listing of > ch...

Printing to different printers
I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to differen printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. I there a way for this to be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Record a macro when you do it manually one time. then when you need it again, run that macro. "pboost1 <" wrote: > > I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to different > printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. IS > there a way for this to be done? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

Tough one
MVPs I have a few questions 1. How do we add more than 3 conditional formats ? Macros ?? Any add-in tools available to make life easier 2. Also, can we write macros to trigger some action, not just color cells based on conditions being met 3. How can we get a count and statistics of the cells that have been highlighted due to conditional formats ? I have a big text file with thousands of lines of records and when I populate that into excel, based on some conditions, the cells would light up. Now I would need to get some statistics of which type of formats are most prevalent etc 4. Ca...

Small text in printed pages from Outlook
I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for appointments etc., the problem is, that when I print the pages [1 page per day] then the text on those pages is tiny - I've been looking for a cure for ages, anyone able to help???? On 11/17/2009 3:02 AM On a whim, Chris Jones pounded out on the keyboard > I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print > pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for > appointments etc., the pr...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

text boxes
Hi all, I have a textbox within a userform that displays a value. I don't want any users to be able to edit this information. How do I go about this? Thanks in advance Dawna Set the "enabled" property to false. "Dawna" <Dawna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:165BADFA-E792-4245-B573-2DD5B4B998CA@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I have a textbox within a userform that displays a value. I don't want any > users to be able to edit this information. How do I go about this? > > Thanks in advance > Dawna ...

copy text to specific cell
In one cell I have a String And in another cell I have a reference to a cell. How do I put the String into the referenced cell? A Formula will return a value to the cell that holds the formula. You'd need some VBA to do what you want. dim myStrCell as range dim myAddrCell as range with activesheet set mystrcell = .range("a1") set myaddrcell = .range("b9") .range(myaddrcell.value).value = mystrcell.value end with --- This has no validation at all! If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Where condition on a query in VBA
Hey there, Is it possible to have a where condition on a query in VBA? I am opening a recordset based on my query and wanted to add a where condition on the product type as we have many products. So here is my statement: Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qryPromotions", dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges) I want to add "where ProdType = DI" Then after I am done the processing needed for this recordset, I want to open another one, based on the same query, but for a different ProdType. I don't want to have to create 10 different queries for 10 different ProdTypes, ...

Dialog box dynamic text
Hi, I've created a dialog box in Excel 2000, and I'm wondering if it's possible to have text in the dialog box which changes according to a specific cell in a worksheet?!? Thanks, Dan. -- Voodoodan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Voodoodan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=597 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397961 If you're using Excel 2000 you should be using a userform rather than a dialog sheet. but you can have dynamic text in a dialog sheet di...

Import text file in UTF-8 format to Excel 2000
Hello, When I open a text file(in UTF-8 format)under excel 2000, the chinese character cannot be displayed correctly. But this text file can be opened directly in word 2000. Can anyone help me? Thanks! Irene ...

Import text file using a wildcard
I am running the following code to import all text files that all start with the same 12 characters: ' Set the parameters to import the text file If Right(Me!txtFilePath, 1) = "\" Then strPath = \\mdb8\Global Else strPath = \\mdb8\Global& "\" End If strFileName = "GlobalImport*.txt" If FileExists(strPath & strFileName) = False Then msgbox "File " & strPath & strFileName & " Does not exist!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "No File..." GoTo ExitImpor...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Quoting highlighted text in e-mail replies
Regarding Outlook 2003, is there a way to set up replying to e-mails in such a way that clicking reply will quote the entire message, but highlighting a portion of the original message and clicking reply will only quote that piece of text? Boris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Regarding Outlook 2003, is there a way to set up replying > to e-mails in such a way that clicking reply will quote > the entire message, but highlighting a portion of the > original message and clicking reply will only quote that > piece of text? Nothing in Outlook like that, b...

Import text into existing slides
I am using PowerPoint 2007 to modify an existing PowerPoint show of 300 slides with photos and notes on each one. I want to add text titles and subtitles from a Word outline document into placeholders on each slide without affecting the existing photos or notes. "Import from Outline" from Word seems to only insert new slides in sequence but doesn't import into existing.slides. I've tried using Shyam Pillai's "Transfer Title Slides" but unfortunately it only transfers titles without subtitles. I've been using keystroke macro software as a work-arou...

Text box hover
I have problem when trying to drag & drop cell with date formatted dd-mmm-yy in Excel spreadsheet. A 'Text box' hovers at mouse pointer when trying to access cell w date entry, which makes it a hit or miss whether I select cell or generate a new Text Box. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This does not happen on cells that contain, formulas, general text, or data. Thnak You Slimone ...

conditional formula for blank cells
I have a conditional cell color based on a formula to identify blank cells & populated cells. I want to now count the cells that meet the formula criteria. I get accurate counts with the populated cell formula count but because I have an isblank in my blank cell conditional formula I am getting a miscount. Is there any really good way to count colors based on conditional formulas especially where the condition is blank? You should have no trouble if use use COUNTBLANK. You should get a count of blank cells no matter how they are formatted -- Gary''s Student gsnu200705 &qu...

Text file from mainframe system
We are working on extracting a data file from an IBM mainframe system to merge it into a .csv Excel file. The options for saving the file are either ASCII or carriage- return indicator at the end of each line. What is Excel looking for at the end of each line for it to merge the data into the spreadsheet correctly? We have tried both options and it merges all info into one row. How are you merging your data into excel? For most DOS/windows programs, the end of line character is crlf (carriage-return/Line-feed). It's really two different characters (hex 0D, followed by hex 0A)....

Lines in Outlook Calendar boxes by Time
Can someone tell me how to show lines in each Calender box..., by Month, by Day, by 1 hour Increments, from 7:30 A.M to 5:30 P.M., Monday thru Friday? Thanks! -- Catfish "Catfish" <Catfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC1CE63B-E769-4541-88FD-E1C38CDCB574@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me how to show lines in each Calender box..., by Month, by > Day, by 1 hour Increments, from 7:30 A.M to 5:30 P.M., Monday thru Friday? Some views are timed and some are not. Day and Week views will show the time scale. The Month view will not. ...

Combo box in sub-form
To John W Vinson: Any chance of an answer to my previous question, as follows? I really would appreciate your help; you're my last hope! > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:21:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > >I have a Track Artists table with field headings: Track Artist ID, Track > >Artist, Recording ID & Track ID. There are 3 names entered. > >When I click on a Track Artist field in the Sub-forn, a down arrow appears. > >If I click on the arrow a drop-down list appears but it is empty. When I > >double clic...

Setting up mail format (Plain Text) for specific contacts?
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific contact default to Plain Text instead? Its Ok, I found it...its well hidden though! You need to open up the contact, double click the e-mail address, and you then get the option. mj.redfox.mj@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. > HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific > contact default to Plain Text instead? ...

Can External Data(MsAccess) fill List Box?
Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right direction to get started? Hi Matt one idea: - import your MS Access data with 'Data - Import external data - Import' on a separate sheet (can be hidden later on) - Create a defined name for this data source - use data validation (in combination with the defined name) to create a listbox HTh Frank Matt wrote: > Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right > direction to get started? ...

SUMIF only it has 3 ceretain texts in the same row #2
It stills gives me a 0. What do you think might be the problem :confused: Thanks -- vane032 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1473 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26565 ...