Alternate Line Color

I have to use Office2k and Office07 at my work.  I like to added feature of
the alternate line color in office07.  But it does not work in O2k. So I
added a counter and some code under the detail format event:

select case me.counter mod 2
  case 0
    detail.backcolor = rgb(223,223,223)
  case else
    detail.backcolor = rgb(255,255,255)
end select

It works fine, except that it only colors about 1.5 inches on the left and 1
inch on the right.  Everything in the middle is uncolored.  I have several
reports that are like this.  I keep the databases in O2k format, but often
decompile, resave in Office07, and recompile, alter the databases then do it
all over for O2k.  Any clues to why this is doing this?

Are your controls in the detail section transparent?  If not they could be
blocking the background color of the section.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to use Office2k and Office07 at my work.  I like to added feature of
> the alternate line color in office07.  But it does not work in O2k. So I
> added a counter and some code under the detail format event:
>
> select case me.counter mod 2
>  case 0
>    detail.backcolor = rgb(223,223,223)
>  case else
>    detail.backcolor = rgb(255,255,255)
> end select
>
> It works fine, except that it only colors about 1.5 inches on the left and
> 1
> inch on the right.  Everything in the middle is uncolored.  I have several
> reports that are like this.  I keep the databases in O2k format, but often
> decompile, resave in Office07, and recompile, alter the databases then do
> it
> all over for O2k.  Any clues to why this is doing this?

0
John
1/25/2008 3:22:36 PM
I have already checked that and no the boxes are transparent.  Well, let me
rephrase that. There is one box that is not transparent due to that I have it
changing colors per the month, but the other 14 columns are transparent.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Are your controls in the detail section transparent?  If not they could be
> blocking the background color of the section.
>
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have to use Office2k and Office07 at my work.  I like to added feature of
> > the alternate line color in office07.  But it does not work in O2k. So I
> > added a counter and some code under the detail format event:
> >
> > select case me.counter mod 2
> >  case 0
> >    detail.backcolor = rgb(223,223,223)
> >  case else
> >    detail.backcolor = rgb(255,255,255)
> > end select
> >
> > It works fine, except that it only colors about 1.5 inches on the left and
> > 1
> > inch on the right.  Everything in the middle is uncolored.  I have several
> > reports that are like this.  I keep the databases in O2k format, but often
> > decompile, resave in Office07, and recompile, alter the databases then do
> > it
> > all over for O2k.  Any clues to why this is doing this?

Well I am stumped.  I can't see any reason that is would not work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

--

>I have already checked that and no the boxes are transparent.  Well, let me
> rephrase that. There is one box that is not transparent due to that I have
> it
> changing colors per the month, but the other 14 columns are transparent.
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Are your controls in the detail section transparent?  If not they could
>> be
>> blocking the background color of the section.
>>
>> --
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>> Center for Health Program Development and Management
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> ..
>>
>> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have to use Office2k and Office07 at my work.  I like to added feature
>> >of
>> > the alternate line color in office07.  But it does not work in O2k. So
>> > added a counter and some code under the detail format event:
>> >
>> > select case me.counter mod 2
>> >  case 0
>> >    detail.backcolor = rgb(223,223,223)
>> >  case else
>> >    detail.backcolor = rgb(255,255,255)
>> > end select
>> >
>> > It works fine, except that it only colors about 1.5 inches on the left
>> > and
>> > 1
>> > inch on the right.  Everything in the middle is uncolored.  I have
>> > several
>> > reports that are like this.  I keep the databases in O2k format, but
>> > often
>> > decompile, resave in Office07, and recompile, alter the databases then
>> > do
>> > it
>> > all over for O2k.  Any clues to why this is doing this?

0
John
1/25/2008 5:10:36 PM
I would do some troubleshooting by changing all the background colors of the
controls to different values. Then print/preview the report to see if it
helps identify the issue.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Well I am stumped.  I can't see any reason that is would not work.
>
> Anyone else have any ideas?
>
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have already checked that and no the boxes are transparent.  Well, let me
> > rephrase that. There is one box that is not transparent due to that I have
> > it
> > changing colors per the month, but the other 14 columns are transparent.
> >
> > "John Spencer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are your controls in the detail section transparent?  If not they could
> >> be
> >> blocking the background color of the section.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Spencer
> >> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> >> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> >> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> >> ..
> >>
> >> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

Show gridlines only prints every other line
Every time I try to print a document in Excel 2003 and use the show gridlines feature, it only prints the lines every other line. It will print a line then skip one and then print a line and so on. Does anybody have an idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Appreciate any assistance, Jason ...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

Vertical line isn't vertical!
Hi All - I need to insert a 'dynamic' vertical line into a line-chart -- the line will separate the Past from the Future. After some searching, I found Jon Peltier's site, which had some really good information on it ...... but I just can't get it work! Right now, the vertical line is in the correct spot and 'moves' properly -- but the line isn't quite horizontal, more of an 85deg angle (like this: / ). The vertical line is definitely setup as an XY scatter connected with a line (no markers). What am I doing wrong? Or did I miss a step? Thanks, Ray Hello ag...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Breaking up the hi-lo series line?
This question is only tangentially about charting, but came up as a result of my charting project so I hope it's ok to post this here. I have a table of data that is used to create a VHLC stock chart. The series of hi-lo has a line which connects all the way across the chart. I want to insert dates in my table that will break up that line so that it shows a space on weekends/holidays (ie I only want the line to show one trade dates. My problem is that my data table only consosts of trade dates. My thought is to go through the table after it is created and check for concurrent dates, i...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

I do not want Excel on-screen lines to print
I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not print them? In Excel: File | Page Setup | Sheet and uncheck Print Gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5E7ED4-80DB-4BD6-9331-74CD884B9EF8@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the > on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not > print &...

delete rows when any cells in column A is filled in RED color
Hi people, I need your help for a VB code that can delete the rows with any cells in column A being filled in RED color ? Alternatively, it will be fine for me if you have the code that can move the rows to the top when there are cells being filled in RED color in column A . Thanks in advance for help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements If the colors are ...

how do I create a chart on two axes with stacked columns and line
I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. Hi, Create the stacked column chart with all of your data. Select the data series you want to plot as a line on the secondary axis. Change the chart type to line. And then on the format dialog change the axis to the secondary. Cheers Andy ian ian ian rogers wrote: > I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis > with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. -- Andy Pope, Microso...

Creating a "step" effect with line graphs
I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible (without going over) at that time. The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole number). I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this? Code: -------------------- +-----------+-------+-----+ | Date | Vel | Int | +-----------+-------+-----+ | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 | 24 | | 14-Jan-04 ...

Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. In at least some cases the (case within case) method might be faster depending upon whether or not memory is reduced enough to more than offset the higher case statement overhead to increase cache locality of reference. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com...

Smartlist Lines are Brown not Blue
We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white alternately, not blue and white. We cannot see where our cursor is on the report in the window. We are on GP 10. SP3. Thank you! This could be your video card. Is it this way on all of the windows on each different workstations? Are the workstations all the same? Does anyone have the Support Debugging tool installed and changed the window colors? Kind regards, Leslie "spunkiegirl" wrote: > We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white > alternately, not...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

Starting Outlook from Cmd Line
When Outlook 2003 starts, by my preference, it prompts me for whether I want to Connect to Exchange or Work Offline. Is there a way to start Outlook so that the response to this is embedded in the command line. Can't seem to find a switch that applies. -- ------------------- Dave Brandman Atlanta, GA No, there's no switch for that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Dave Brandman" <davebrandman@no.spam.me.comcast....

Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.
I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this? Hi Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box type: =$D1=today() Hope this helps. Andy. "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:umTvfnURGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current >date is greater than a &q...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...

New HP Color LaserJet
Our company is looking to purchase a new HP Color LaserJet for use with Dynamics GP 9.0 and later (when they are released). However, the GP compatibility list does not include any current model HP color laserjets. This will be a workgroup printer and color is necessary. I would like to stick with HP's since we have had good luck with them in the past. I was looking at maybe the 4700dn, 3800dn, or the 3600dn. Has anyone been using any of these models? Alan, We don't have anyone using the models you listed, we do have one customer using the HP 2840 Color LaserJet with no pro...

Line Chart-EXACT End Date
This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure there is a better way to do it. I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on the axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those dates behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart. Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option. Thanks. One easy way in a line chart is to sort the worksheet ...

Call Contact
Hi There I am having problems with Outlook 2003's Call contact feature. I want to use a normal analog modem at work to dial numbers of contact for me. I am then supposed to pick-up the handset and start talking. Technically everything is working fine .... Except. We are using a PABX system and we need to dial "0" for any outside line. The problem ... Even tho my dialing rules are set to dial "0" for an outside line and any Dialup Connection does this correctly, Outlook seems to ignor the rule and dials the number without the "0". I do not want to update al...