Align Page Header Text to Bottom

Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom
instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but
I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top.

Arne,
    Usually... it's best to respond to previously posted questions... before
starting a new one.
    On 2/14/2010 you posted the question "DLookup Different Values"
    Please see my response to that post, and let us know if that helped or
not.

    Regarding this post, could you try to show a sample of what you're
trying to
do?  "Here's what I have vs. this is what I'd like to see."   I realize that
it might be
tough in text only, but I think it will help us understand what your trying
accomplish.
--
    Al Campagna
    Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009

"ArneGolf" <ArneGolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom
> instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap
> but
> I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the
> top.

0
Al
2/20/2010 4:04:26 PM
You can set the height and top properties while in design mode.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"ArneGolf" wrote:

> Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom
> instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but
> I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top.
I believe what you are saying is that you have a control that is two lines
high and you want the short text to print in the bottom of the control.

For example, let's say you have a control to contain a person's name and you
want an effect like I attempt to depict in the crude "sketches" below.
----- Short Text ------
+ <<Blank>>
+ John Spencer
-----------------------

----- Longer Text -----
+ Ricard James
+ Oliver, Jr
-----------------------

In Excel, you would be setting the VERTICAL alignment of a cell to Bottom
versus setting it to Top.  I don't know of a way to accomplish this in Access.

It could probably be done with some VBA and measuring the physical length of
the text based on the font and font size, but I don't know how to do this.  I
would check out www.lebans.com and see if Stephen Lebans developed a solution
for this before he "retired" from all thing Access.

Specifically look at at least these two.  They might give you an idea of how
to solve your challenge.
    http://www.lebans.com/baseline.htm
    http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

ArneGolf wrote:
> Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom
> instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but
> I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top.
0
John
2/20/2010 6:37:01 PM
It currently looks lik this:
Family                        Junior                 Junior
Membership                Membership       Membership
                                 In School            Out of
                                 District               School
                                                          District

I want it to look like:
                                                          Junior
                                 Junior                Membership
                                 Membership       Out of
Family                        In School           School
Membership               District               District

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Arne,
>     Usually... it's best to respond to previously posted questions... before
> starting a new one.
>     On 2/14/2010 you posted the question "DLookup Different Values"
>     Please see my response to that post, and let us know if that helped or
> not.
>
>     Regarding this post, could you try to show a sample of what you're
> trying to
> do?  "Here's what I have vs. this is what I'd like to see."   I realize that
> it might be
> tough in text only, but I think it will help us understand what your trying
> accomplish.
> --
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>

> "ArneGolf" <ArneGolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom
> > instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap
> > but
> > I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the
> > top.
>

> .

Page Movement
I have a submit button on one sheet when it is clicked it saves data t the next, but when i cliick it the sheet moves down by one cell eac time like as the data on the next is being added the page that iam o moves with the data. Can i stop this somehow but have everything working how it was -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think we would need to see the code to understand what is causing it. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PRINCE21 >" <<PRINCE21....

How do i insert a page from another publisher document?
I really need to know how i can copy/cut/move/insert a page from another publisher document to the one i am using? Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I really need to know how i can copy/cut/move/insert a page from > another publisher document to the one i am using? In the source document, go to the page you want. Deselect all objects. Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C. In the destination document, insert a new blank page. Ctrl+V. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Maintaining Text Box Font Setting through VB
Hi, Everyone - I've run into this issue, and I can seem to figure it out. In my spreadsheet, I've included several text boxes at the bottom of the pages. The VB code I also have included is, when the pages are printed, alternately place a "P" in the text boxes. Then I formatted the text boxes to use WingDings II so that checkmarks SHOULD appear in the boxes. I've also included code that would (1) unprotect the sheet; (2) print the pages with the text boxes; and (3) reprotect the sheet. What keeps on happening is that, for some unknown reason (at least to me), t...

Outlook 2003 Rules wizard cant find HTML text!?!?!?
I am trying to create a rule that moves messages with certain keywords in the body to another folder. The rules dont work on HTML I dont want to have to make all new messages appear as plain text. I prefer HTML format. When will M$ fix this? are there any workarounds?? Rules have never worked on HTML bodies. I don't believe there will be a "fix" as it is performing as designed. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

File/Send/Page by E-mail; File/Send/Link by E-mail links grayed ou
win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. When In IE8, I try to send a link via email I am not able to; as the menu options are grayed out. What is the solution to this with only WLM installed. "JoKing" <JoKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD4C8C2-E373-488D-BE7C-30E00FE3F398@microsoft.com... > win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build > 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. > > When In IE...

alignment with right indent

Pivot table page field problem
I have set up a pivot table with a page field for account name. I'm having a problem where I select an account from the page field drop down box, but when the pivot table updates, some of the time it shows data for a different account. For instance, if I select Supplies, the page field will show Supplies after my choice, but if I double click on a cell in the table itself, the resulting data is for Travel expense. It's not consistently wrong, just sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Perhaps some of the captions were accidentally changed. You...

Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get cut
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit. Any idea where to change this limit? I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit, then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing. HerbertB wrote: > It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit. > > Any idea where to change this limit? > > I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit, > then parts of the text get cut of. The t...

PPT 2007 -text is scrambled opening older version presentation
The text is scrambled when I open a an older version of Power Point. It's all grouped together. Is there a fix for this? On 12/18/09 11:41 AM, in article D538E4EE-1A50-4983-A42E-FB937D5E9753@microsoft.com, "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The text is scrambled when I open a an older version of Power Point. It's > all grouped together. Is there a fix for this? Be sure you have a local printer driver installed. See: How to install a local printer driver http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00605.htm --David -- David M. Marcovitz Author of _...

Outlook 2003 and plain-text
I've noticed something odd about O2K3 and the way it deals with plain text. If you (like me) do not want to read e-mail in HTML, DOC, RichText, etc. but prefer good old plain text, there is now an option under "Tools -> Option -> E-mail Options" to "Read all standard mail in plain format." All well and good, right? Well, perhaps. What O2K3 is actually doing is re-formatting _all_ messages, from whatever they might be, into HTML, then setting the font to "Courier" for all parts. So, an e-mail that was _originally_ marked as MIME type text/plai...

Return-Path Header
Can this be shown in the Internet Headers of Exch 5.5 Server clients ? If so how can it be enabled ? When you say Exch 5.5 server clients, you mean Outlook? View > Options will display this header. -tom ---- "RichieRich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BB585F-805C-456C-BB64-68D5F3B1ECA4@microsoft.com... > Can this be shown in the Internet Headers of Exch 5.5 Server clients ? If so how can it be enabled ? That information is inserted by sending side (it's mail client), Exchange does not control that. RichieRich wrote: > Yes it...

Web Page Preview is not working
I created a web site using Word, and I was using Web Page preview to see how it would look. Now, however, IE does not open, and I cannot see the web page. I am using Word 2003 on a computer with Windows XP SP3. Can somebody find a solution? Thanks -- MCS ...

4-Sided Text Border
I want to print continuous text all around the outside border of my document . The only way I can figure out how to do it is use 4 text boxes & line 'em up as a border. Which I'll do if that's the only way . . . Is there a way to make one continuous text border around a document? Thanks so much! No way in Publisher to make one continuous text box. Your way (4 text boxes) will work. You could copy/paste special as a .png, this will allow cropping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <...

Aligning an excel table w/ a cluster column chart x-axis columns
I'm trying to create my own data table for the x axis of my cluster col chart. The x axis is the months of the year. I want WSheet col A to align w/ the chart margin, col B to align w/ the Jan chart col, C w/the Feb chart col, thru col M w/ Dec. How do I do this? Every time I change the col widith of the excel columns, the chart stretches or shrinks as the col width does. I can move the graph in the chart to line up the first col, but then adjusting the size of the graph, moves the chart around. Nothing seems to work to get all the chart cols to line up w/ the table cols. I hop...

Text only in toolbar buttons
Hi! I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only and no picture? Thanks, Thierry Paradis Set the style property to msoButtonCaption -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Thierry Paradis" <chezmoe200-5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:euoWrjUPGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only > and no picture? > > Thanks, > > Thierry Paradis > > set the style property of the control to msoButtonCap...

Changing Text Colors on Task List
I need to be able to change the color of specific task list entries in Outlook. Can anyone tell me how this can be accomplished? Thanks! Use the Automatic Formatting feature for this. While in the Tasks folder, click View | Current View | Customize Current View, then click the Automatic Formatting button. Set the formatting rules up as you want them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob Bowers" <rbowers@levinco.com> wrote i...

How do I convert a number formated as a date to text in Excel?
I need to convert several columns of dates in excel to text. When I simply use the format cells command to reformat the cells to text, it first converts the date back to the underlying number then converts it to text. Hope I'm being clear here. Example - the date as viewed on the screen is Mon (Monday). When I convert it to text I get 38446. I want "Mon", in text format. Thanks! Brother, I think only a macro could convert your date to text. Perhaps if you tell us why you need it in actual text, there are other solutions. Perhaps -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitt...

How do I change the name at the bottom of the calendar?
When I print out the calendar, the previous ofice managers' name appears at the bottom, how do I change that? "ACritchfield" wrote in message news:9CCE1BDD-8453-4025-B3F5-EE4955F1BC74@microsoft.com... > When I print out the calendar, the previous ofice managers' name > appears at > the bottom, how do I change that? Search the registry for your manager's name. It was probably the name and company he specified during the install of Windows. ...

Exporting excel data to text in word
I'm trying to export or copy/paste excel data into a word document as text. Is there a way I can do this without having comma or tab placeholders? I use copy/paste/convert steps to do this, and it's quick: 1) Select the Excel data, and use CTRL+C to copy to the clipboard 2) Open the Word doc to copy into and use CTRL+V to paste the data where you want it. The result is a table in Word. 3) Select the table using "Table>Select>Table" 4) Select "Table>COnvert>Table to Text"; choose the delimiter you want from the list, or enter a special character. ...

A # or Letter consuming the entire page
How do you make a (just one # or letter) # or letter consume the entire page on Word? Specify a large point size for the character in question. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Nando" <Nando @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59320874-B8E8-4DD5-977C-7E5BA6C50BAD@microsoft.com... > How do you make a (just one # or letter) # or letter consume the entire > page > on Word? On Jan 10, 12:03=A0pm, Nando <Nando @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you make a (just one # or letter) # or letter consume the entire...

Full Text Search Supported Thai Language
I have the problem of searching the KB in Thai Langauge. It's not searchable according to thai word. Thanks for all answer. ...

Repeat Rows at Top
Is it possible to repeat rows at the top of each page, but not for the Final Page? For instance I repeat rows 1 and 2 and have page breaks for a total of seven pages. I want the repeated rows on pages 1-6 but not my totals page which is page 7. Thanks. Not possible in one print job. Two separate print jobs. pages 1-6 with rows to repeat then page 7 without. You could do it with VBA but will still be two print jobs. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:46:02 -0800, Gandor <Gandor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to repea...

favorites and home page
everytime i rest my homepage to the one i want it reverts back to msn home and bing tab---why?? i dont want that and when i delete all the JUNK msn links in favorites they return also Both after restart Is there a way to stop that from happening Tell your security software to stop (temporarily) trying to protect you from a tactic often employed by malware. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est burnone2 wrote: > everytime i rest my homepage to the one i want it reverts back to msn home > and bing tab---why?? i dont want that > and when i delete all the JUNK msn links ...

Format Number(Dollar) to Text(Dollar)
I am having problem with converting number(dollar) to a string(dollar). For example, $150.00 will convert as "One Hundred Fifty Dollar Only". What should I do to make it work? Any idea? Thanks in advance. Michael. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Michael Chong" wrote: > I am having problem with converting number(dollar) to a string(dollar). For > example, $150.00 will convert as "One Hundred Fifty Dollar Only". What > should I do to make it work? > > Any idea? Thanks in advance. > > > Michael. >...

Prevent page down in form
I have a form with a subform and parent-child relationship on the loan number. Users will enter data in the subform. All of the fields in the form are locked as well as the loan number in the subform. I want to prevent users from being able to page through loan numbers. I know I can prevent scrolling with the mouse but that doesn't seem to work for paging up or down. On Mon, 21 May 2007 09:18:00 -0700, lreecher <lreecher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form with a subform and parent-child relationship on the loan >number. Users will enter data in the subform....