Access2007 reports - section-format-events are ignored in preview

Hi,

I want to convert access2000/access2003-databases into Access2007.
In the reports I am using the sections_onformat_events.
These events are ignored in the reports-preview in Access2007.

How can I execute the events?
(p.ex. I am changing the visibility of some fields in the event
detail_format)

Thanks for your help!

Roswitha

0
Schoppe

Access 2007 has some new views for reports: Report view, and Layout view.

The events are ignored in those views. If you swith to Print Preview, the
events will still fire.

"Schoppe-Jantzen" <Schoppe-jantzen@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to convert access2000/access2003-databases into Access2007.
> In the reports I am using the sections_onformat_events.
> These events are ignored in the reports-preview in Access2007.
>
> How can I execute the events?
> (p.ex. I am changing the visibility of some fields in the event
> detail_format)
>

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Roswitha

0
Allen
12/8/2007 3:23:05 PM
Thanks for your help;
to test the events, I opened the report with right mouseclick 'open' - then
I got the wrong view,
now I test it with print preview...!
Roswitha

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Access 2007 has some new views for reports: Report view, and Layout view.
>
> The events are ignored in those views. If you swith to Print Preview, the
> events will still fire.

> "Schoppe-Jantzen" <Schoppe-jantzen@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to convert access2000/access2003-databases into Access2007.
>> In the reports I am using the sections_onformat_events.
>> These events are ignored in the reports-preview in Access2007.
>>
>> How can I execute the events?
>> (p.ex. I am changing the visibility of some fields in the event
>> detail_format)
>>

>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Roswitha

0
Schoppe

warnig in event log when usig outlook
my event log shows a warning when using outlook also get message from microsoft about problem And the mystery warning / event err msg, would be? And unknown version of outlook is? "klarkona" <klarkona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86195B57-335F-4368-8F4F-E1D18B420960@microsoft.com... > my event log shows a warning when using outlook also get message from > microsoft about problem klarkona wrote: > my event log shows a warning when using outlook also get message from > microsoft about problem Oh, a warning. Yep, real det...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

format cell type
Hi everyone, in a spreadsheet, I have a complex data type that I want to sort correctly. The format contains a prefix that contains both letters(A) and numbers(0) followed by a suffix after a hyphen and another number. Example: 000A0000-1 and 000A0000-10 The thing Excel is messing up in, is if the complete prefix (000A0000) is the same, but a different number after the hyphen, it sorts it 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 2, 20, 21, 22, ... 3, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a custom format type that will allow a suffix stored as text and the suffix after the hyphen stored as a n...

Enable Conditional Formatting Access 2007
I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting property? Here's a non-VBA solution (to get a feel for it): http://datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/accesscondformatting1.html Here's a VBA solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139965%28office.10%29.aspx It's NOT hard at all. Just follow the steps. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC" wrote: > I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting > property? ...

MLA format for papers

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Reports - front and back
I have received a new report request - and I'm stumped (again).The front page contains page header, detail section of text fields that can grow, page footer.The back page contains page header, detail section of boilerplate text, page footer.The page headers and footers are different on the front and back, but I have the code - thanks to this forums participants - that handles it.The dimensions I'm using are: top and bottom margin = .5 inch; page header = .5 inch; page footer = 2 inches. That should leave me 7.5 inches in the detail section - which I've doubled to handle the front...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Oversized reports in Advanced financials
Hi, I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it prints on land scape with legal size paper. Anyone had any success in this situation before? Please advise -- Manager Why aren't you using FRx to generate the report? "pancho" wrote: > Hi, > > I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and > P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it > prints on land scape with legal size paper. ...

Conditional formatting
Hi Excel Experts I am creating several workbooks, one will be mine, and the others linked to mine and sent to people for them to revise and return to me to enable mine to automatically update, (the linked cells will contain blanks or numbers). Please could you tell me if there is a formula I could use in conditional formatting to enable me to identify in my workbook which linked cells will have changed, i.e. when a number is revised or added to blank cell the font colour changes , or if the number is deleted the blank cell changes colour? I hope I have explained myself correctly Man...

Invoices Applied to Cash Receipts Report
Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client that needs to print this information out and give it to their customer. On Jun 8, 4:38 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a > cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction > Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client tha...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET Express Edition
Hello, I have a quick question. I am currently using VB.NET Express. I need to use Crystal Reports (Crystal Report Viewer, etc.) in the application I am working on. The only issue - since I am using Express Edition, I am assuming that Crystal Reports is not included. So my question - can I purchase it? Or, do I need to acquire a retail box of Visual Studio. If so, which versions has it? Thank you PM "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAD26F5B-68BD-485F-84C0-B0443F91F19A@microsoft.com... > Hello, I have a quick question. &g...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

How do I show hyperlinked images opened in a report
I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've deleted it's picture property. I Coded the Detail Section F...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

Comments-Format all Comments-Prior to making
I know the answer will be NO. But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a selected font size? And, stay that way for all future comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Harry's GMail World" <harryhill2475@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187142498.839269.153490@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I know the answer will be NO. > > But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a > selected font size? > > And, stay that way for all future comments. > I'm glad...

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Keep Font format when importing excel into Access
We have an excel spreadsheet that is updated by changing select text to red and highlighting in a text cell. So there are only certain strings where the format is changed and the rest stays as the default format. This select formatting does not carry over when it is imported into an Access database. Is there a way to keep the text format during this process? When working with Access, you would want to recreate the formatting criteria in the reports or forms. The tables in Access only show raw data and do not do any calculations or anything. If you wondering how to recreate th...

Exporting Excel output to pdf/rtf/doc format
hello All I have a requirement to export a Excel range in Print format to pdf, RTF and .doc format can you kindly help me with the sample code on how to accomplish this. Many thanks Simon Simon If I understand you correctly, you are needing to export a cell range? The easiest way would be simple copy/paste (to MS Word) - or multiple copy/paste - than save the new Word document as .doc or .rtf. For PDF you would need a third party PDF writer (Adobe's own product, or the excellent PDF Creator from Jaws systems (www.jawspdf.com). This installs itself as a printer driver so can 'export...

Security Event 529 from store.exe PID
I tried to get some help with this in the SBS group....with no luck. I have a freshly genned SBS 2003 Server running SBS 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2, and all the latest patches from Microsoft Update. The SBS 2003 installation completed with no errors and all the service packs installed successfully. The server seems to be running fine other than the following security events being generated hundreds of times in the security event log : 4/2/2006 8:18:08 PM Security Success Audit Logon/Logoff 552 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SERVER1 "Logon attempt using explicit credentials: Logged on user: U...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 04-28-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really better...