Access Reports 06-20-07

Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems that
the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.

gg

0
gg

"gg" <greg.games@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
> report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems that
> the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
> instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.
>
> gg

What mechanism are you using to print your report?

Carl Rapson

0
Carl
6/20/2007 10:04:03 PM
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:51:33 -0700, gg wrote:

> Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
> report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems that
> the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
> instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.
>
> gg

Your table should have a unique prime key field.
In my example it is named [RecordID].

Display your employee records on a form.
Add a command button.

On the command button's property sheet write
[Event Procedure]
on the Click event line.
Then click on the little button with 3 dots that will appear on that
line.
When the code window opens, the cursor will be flashing between 2
already existing lines of code.
Between those 2 lines write:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, , "[RecordID] = " &
[RecordID]

The above assumes a [RecordID] field that is a Number Datatype.

If, however, [RecordID] is Text Datatype, then use:

DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, ,"[RecordID] = '" &
[RecordID] & "'"

as the Where clause.

For clarity, the single and double quotes are..
"[RecordID] = ' " & [RecordID] & " ' "

Change [RecordID] to whatever the actual field name is that you are
using.

See VBA Help files for:
Where Clause + Restrict data to a subset of records'
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
On Jun 20, 6:51 pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:51:33 -0700, gg wrote:
> > Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
> > report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems that
> > the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
> > instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.
>
> > gg
>
> Your table should have a unique prime key field.
> In my example it is named [RecordID].
>
> Display your employee records on a form.
> Add a command button.
>
> On the command button's property sheet write
> [Event Procedure]
> on the Click event line.
> Then click on the little button with 3 dots that will appear on that
> line.
> When the code window opens, the cursor will be flashing between 2
> already existing lines of code.
> Between those 2 lines write:
>
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, , "[RecordID] = " &
> [RecordID]
>
> The above assumes a [RecordID] field that is a Number Datatype.
>
> If, however, [RecordID] is Text Datatype, then use:
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, ,"[RecordID] = '" &
> [RecordID] & "'"
>
> as the Where clause.
>
> For clarity, the single and double quotes are..
> "[RecordID] = ' " & [RecordID] & " ' "
>
> Change [RecordID] to whatever the actual field name is that you are
> using.
>
> See VBA Help files for:
> Where Clause + Restrict data to a subset of records'
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

I had a similiar issue with employee applications.  Instead of all the
complex programming, I just duplicated the report and the query it was
based on.

Then I redefined my report (RPT#2 for reference) to be based on the
QRY#2.  Then in QRY#2, for my field EmpID I put in the following in
the criteria box (  =[]  ).  No parentheses.  Then when I am ready to
generate one application instead of ALL, I click the RPT#2 which then
asks for the parameter value (in this case the EmpID number (e.g.
225).

This way we only get the report/application or in your case ID Card
that you want for a specific employee.

Kindest Regards,

rod_skeeter

0
rod_skeeter
6/21/2007 4:42:15 PM
Thanks, Fred - Works great.

"fredg" <fgutkind@example.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:51:33 -0700, gg wrote:
>
>> Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
>> report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems
>> that
>> the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
>> instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.
>>
>> gg
>
> Your table should have a unique prime key field.
> In my example it is named [RecordID].
>
> Display your employee records on a form.
> Add a command button.
>
> On the command button's property sheet write
> [Event Procedure]
> on the Click event line.
> Then click on the little button with 3 dots that will appear on that
> line.
> When the code window opens, the cursor will be flashing between 2
> already existing lines of code.
> Between those 2 lines write:
>
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, , "[RecordID] = " &
> [RecordID]
>
> The above assumes a [RecordID] field that is a Number Datatype.
>
> If, however, [RecordID] is Text Datatype, then use:
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, ,"[RecordID] = '" &
> [RecordID] & "'"
>
> as the Where clause.
>
> For clarity, the single and double quotes are..
> "[RecordID] = ' " & [RecordID] & " ' "
>
> Change [RecordID] to whatever the actual field name is that you are
> using.
>
> See VBA Help files for:
> Where Clause + Restrict data to a subset of records'
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

0
gg
6/23/2007 9:06:05 PM
Hi Fred,
I found this useful piece of information which is relevant to what i want to
do as well. I've tried the code but with mine, it just opens the report as
usual - i was expecting some kind of dialogue box to ask you what [RecordID]
(or [StudyNumber], in my case) you want to filter by.

it may be the design of my report - it's all very complex by basically
there's a report with a number of subreports attached to queries. each of
these subreports returns the data for all the study numbers but i wanted a
filter as you open the report which means all the subreports (queries) filter
by the given study number and just show results for one person.

is this possible? thanks in advance for any help, Emma

"fredg" wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:51:33 -0700, gg wrote:
>
> > Have a small employee database.  Want to print ID cards for new hires.
> > report works fine for the whole file, but for one-at-a-time, it seems that
> > the report doesn't respect to filter  - It wants to print all records
> > instead of the filtered table.  Appreciate any help.
> >
> > gg
>
> Your table should have a unique prime key field.
> In my example it is named [RecordID].
>
> Display your employee records on a form.
> Add a command button.
>
> On the command button's property sheet write
> [Event Procedure]
> on the Click event line.
> Then click on the little button with 3 dots that will appear on that
> line.
> When the code window opens, the cursor will be flashing between 2
> already existing lines of code.
> Between those 2 lines write:
>
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, , "[RecordID] = " &
> [RecordID]
>
> The above assumes a [RecordID] field that is a Number Datatype.
>
> If, however, [RecordID] is Text Datatype, then use:
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, ,"[RecordID] = '" &
> [RecordID] & "'"
>
> as the Where clause.
>
> For clarity, the single and double quotes are..
> "[RecordID] = ' " & [RecordID] & " ' "
>
> Change [RecordID] to whatever the actual field name is that you are
> using.
>
> See VBA Help files for:
> Where Clause + Restrict data to a subset of records'
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...

can excel report scientific values rather than absolute numbers?
I'm trying to create a workbook capable of doing the maths behind a biological calculation. The results are very low (x10 E-6) and i would like to report this with the correct scientic prefix (pico- nano- etc...) is this possible in excel? eg result comes as 3.41323E-06 i would really like 3.41 pMol i can get it down to 2 decimal places but i can't set a rule to 'replace e-06 with pMol' On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:09:08 -0700, JamesB <JamesB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to create a workbook capable of doing the maths behind a >biological ...

Letterhead on a report
I have an image file that I would like to insert into a report header as letterhead. I use the image tool and draw the box for the area to be taken by the letterhead, then I browse to and insert the image. Every time, the image is reduced in size (with lots of white space all around it). I cannot drag the corners of the image to enlarge it to fit the box without a deterioration in quality. I tried enlarging the image before inserting it into Access, but it is still reduced to the same size. How can I insert an image that will fill the box? Is there a particular image form...

Mailboxstore reporting a false size
Hi , Again apologies if this is quite a basic query , am quite new to Exhange after only recently migrating. When we initially migrated from Groupwise all users were put into a single mailbox store in the first storage group ( rougly 80 users ) a couple of months ago we set up additional storage groups and mailbox stores and moved the majority of the users out of the initial mailbox store. The physical size of the original store has not reflected this however and is still very large in relation to the few users left in it. This is causing us major hard disk problems. Is there any disk cleanu...

Microsoft Access and Progress 10.1A
Hello, I created a microsoft access 2000 application that had a linked table to a table in a Progress 9.1 database. The data from the linked table was joined to data in the Access file to create an editable data grid form and a report. Everything was working fine until the customer upgraded their system to a Progress 10.1. After that the database would not work at all. We found out that adding a workaround code to the ODBC data connector (worarounds2=8192) that Access could then return data from Progress. However, when I attempt to open the query that joined the data from Progress and t...

Open Report with selective criteria
I have a database and i want to create a report where I can choose from a list of names from a dropdown menu and when I choose the list of names it will go the report for just that name which I choose. I dont know if I should do this as an event property or a code? How would I go about doing this? On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:55:02 -0800, rzwlkr33 wrote: > I have a database and i want to create a report where I can choose from a > list of names from a dropdown menu and when I choose the list of names it > will go the report for just that name which I choose. I dont know if I &g...

dynamic adaptive / variable report field format
In Office 2007 doing an Access report I have some fields that are to display various quantites and amounts the range of the fields could be small (ie. 0.6575466667, $13.33) or large (ie. 500,000, $128,790) because of the limited real-estate these fields occupy in the report - I'd like to suppress decimal places when the values are large but include decimals (and limit to 2 places) when the values are small - and avoiding ######### when the value violates/exceeds explicit field format layout how do I accomplish this? between currency, standard and general number or auto, 0 ...

Error when load *.jpg file in report
Dear all, Why my Access 97 app can't load jpg file ? In the other PC, I can load jpg file in report. Thanks before. Chlaris why in the heck would you still be using 97? what is wrong with you, kid? On Jun 24, 9:42 am, "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nos...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > Why my Access 97 app can't load jpg file ? > In the other PC, I can load jpg file in report. > Thanks before. > > Chlaris ...

Import access db
I need to import an access e-mail list into Outlook. Is this posible? GG Have you tried File->Import and Export?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, GG asked: | I need to import an access e-mail list into Outlook. Is | this posible? GG ...

creating a pivot with external data source (from access)
I am able to copy the records of a table to a recordset...see below know I'm wondering how i can up that in a pivot table? I've only written code when the data resides in an excel sheet Thank you this is my code to get the dataset from Access... Sub GetAccessData() Dim sh As Worksheet Set sh = Sheets("Sheet2") Dim MyConnect As String Dim MyRecordset As ADODB.Recordset MyConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OlEDB.12.0;" & _ "Data Source = C:\Dans_DB.accdb" Set MyRecordset = New ADODB.Recordset MyRe...

Where can I find an editable Contact Manager template for Access?
MS Access community, I need to find a better solution to organizing a medical contacts list for my non-profit naturopath referral list. I'm currently using Microsoft Outlook and with over 9,000 contacts and counting, Outlook is starting to show its weaknesses as a database app, not to mention performing search or mining for a specific string is becoming virtually impossible. The DB engine in Access is much more robust and I think its time to transition to something more powerful than Outlook, thus my inquiry. A best-case scenario would be some sort of ready-made relational Cont...

reporting from one note
How do you use one note for reporting or gathering information? Ex to note trends, repeating issues. Bet wrote: > How do you use one note for reporting or gathering information? > Ex to note trends, repeating issues. Sorry, I do not at all understand what you might be after :-( :-( Could you pls explain a bit more which tasks you have in mind? Rainald ...

Access 2003 startup form fails to open
I have an Access 2003 database that is set to open via scheduled tasks every morning at 6am. It seems like 3 days out of 10, the form set to open at startup (tools, startup) does not open. I have also tried command line to open open the form with a macro and still have this problem. I have decompiled, compiled, compact an repair, made an mde out of it(don't know if that matters) and still the same behavior. The database itself if located on my local pc and is linked to tables in other access databases on the LAN. Any ideas where I could start of what I could do? ...

count values in report
I have a report that I've been constantly working on and have posted several questions to this particular report. I'm at a new stage and seem to be stuck, again! This is what I need: I have a report that will display data using a crosstab query. The text boxes on my report are all unbound because it's an 12 month rolling report. There is immense code behind the report to produce all of my data correctly. Currently my report shows: Item Desc Mth1 - Mth12 Totals Everything displays correctly, however I want to add logic in my report to add data to my new field cnt. I want this ...

microsoft word 2007 11-20-09
My Microsoft word freezes up all the time. I am usually right in the middle of an important paper for school and then it loses my whole document......I am really frustrated (I am running on Vista). Please help!! You shouldn't lose the entire document unless it has never been saved. If Word hangs, you should be offered an AutoRecovery backup the next time you start Word. With the AutoRecovery interval set at 10 minutes, along with frequent saves, you should never lose more than 10 minutes' work and often less. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words in...

display report title on a report with columns
Hi, I have set up a report that displays a list of words in three columns. The title of the report does not show up in print preview. I have unchecked the "same as detail" checkbox on the column tab of the page setup dialog box. What am I doing wrong? Karen wrote: >I have set up a report that displays a list of words in three columns. The >title of the report does not show up in print preview. I have unchecked the >"same as detail" checkbox on the column tab of the page setup dialog box. After you did that, did you remember to drag the Report/...

message 11-19-07
waaaheeeeyyy -- David Cannon Sales Executive Assessment 4 Ltd 01698 888888 ...

Outlook client error 06-12-07
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue. Since today I am receiveing the following error (only one client experiences this problem all others work fine): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5974 Date: 12-6-2007 Time: 10:51:19 User: N/A Computer: ISG-IBMR51 Description: There was an error setting or clearing the cookie used in identifying Microsoft CRM clients. Microsoft CRM folder home pages may render incorrectly inside the view pane. Check Internet Explorer cookie sett...

Report information
Does anyone have / know of a list of the "hooks" in Store Operations when dealing with reports? I am trying to customize a report with the information that I want in it, however I do not know/can't find a list of the table names etc.. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Tim Stahl wrote: > Does anyone have / know of a list of the "hooks" in Store Operations when > dealing with reports? I am trying to customize a report with the information > that I want in it, however I do not know/can't find a list of the table > names etc.. No, is unavailable ...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report
I have a CRM 4 report that works fine in Visual Studio and when i run directly from the report server. However when i access the report in CRM. It says the report is generating and only displays header/title information with no data. The report works fine every where else. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this issue? MSFT sees no errors in the calls to get the data. they are running our of answers. Does your report utilize a Main/Sub-Report structure? Is it "Context Sensitive" (meant to be run against a single or group of records)? Is it in version 3.0 or 4...

An Error has Occurred when opening Reports and System Settings
Howdy, I've already searched and found a few other posts on this issue, but nothing appears to help. Regarding post from perret@gmail.com on 3/16/06 subject "Server Error when trying to access System Settings", someone suggested http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588, but my SQL and CRM are on the same server, so that article doesn't apply. Also read post from Paul Paintin on 12/7/2005 subject "Reports Not Working - CRM 3.0 Pro..." About 5 replies has a RESOLUTION posted: RESOLUTION =========== 1-Configure the environment for the user ...

Suggestions on integrating SSRS 2005 reports in MS CRM 3.0 on SQL Server 2000?
I'm quite new to MS CRM, and I need some suggestions on showing Reporting Services reports through MS CRM 3.0. Our CRM runs on SQL Server 2000 sp4. Standard CRM reports run on RS 2000 sp2. My reports are developed using Reporting Services 2005. Both databases and the CRM solution are on the same server. I need an easy way for my users to access the new reports as easily as possible. I tried making a report using RS 2000, with links to the new reports. This works well in Report Manager, but doesn't work at all when viewing the report through the Report Page in CRM. The content i...

Printing report as PDF file in Access 2000
Hi all: I hope someone can help me. I would like to know if there is any why to print an access 2000 report as a PDF file so I can email it. I know I will need to loop through a list of contacts, read in their email address and then send the pdf file as an attachment and think I can do this. The problem I am having is getting access to create the PDF file. Is this possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, FatMan Yes. One method is to use Stephen Lebans' solution. Access 97 to Access 2003 See Stephen Lebans A2000ReportToPDF is an Access 2000 data...

Report error on 1.2
I am receiving this message when I try to view any report, customized or not. "There are no Page Servers connected to the Cache Server or all connected Page Servers are disabled or all connected Page Servers are not part of the specified server group. Please try to reconnect later." What is wrong? -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization ...

Import data from Access to SQL
Hello everyone. I have an instance of SQL Server 2008 Express on my PC, I have need to export tables from Access 2007 to SQL. I did successfully migrate (table access with unique ID field primary key) with SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access 2008, I rechecking the tables in SQL and it's all ok. Linking tables in Access. I have saved import (from text files) that work without problems with Access tables, when I go to do one of these imports, at some point the message "Unable to register changes. The entered value violates the settings for the table or the list...