Access Report question 04-16-10

I have a data set I am building regarding our dealerships and their
service capacity.  There are 15 different items or so per store and 5
years of data.  For certain of the data I would like to create totals in
the report, not however totals for all of the different items.  Is there
a way to accomplish this in a report?

I would like the data to layout as follows

Dealer code and name

                                     2005     2006    2007   2008

CP RO's                               100
WTY RO's                              125
Int RO's                              150
Total RO's this needs to be calculated

New Sales                             1000
Used Sales                            500

Total sold    needs to be calulated

0
Keith

You should model this with values stored in fields in records. Perhaps a
field in your table containing "CP RO's", "WTY RO's",,, that identifies that
these have something in common. The same would be true for Sales.

Since you haven't provided any table names or structures or raw data, I
can't be more specific.

IMO, you would not create nested IIF()s or other weird expressions.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Keith K" wrote:

> I have a data set I am building regarding our dealerships and their
> service capacity.  There are 15 different items or so per store and 5
> years of data.  For certain of the data I would like to create totals in
> the report, not however totals for all of the different items.  Is there
> a way to accomplish this in a report?
>
> I would like the data to layout as follows
>
> Dealer code and name
>
>                                      2005     2006    2007   2008
>
> CP RO's                               100
> WTY RO's                              125
> Int RO's                              150
> Total RO's this needs to be calculated
>
> New Sales                             1000
> Used Sales                            500
>
> Total sold    needs to be calulated
>
> .

GP 10 recovery and customization
Hi, we're in the process of making a recovery plan. To test it, we install GP 10 on another server. Roughly here the steps we have done successfully: 1- Restore the required databases and logins 2- Install GP 10 from CDs 3- Install GP 10 SP1 and fixes It works fine on the test server but my question is: is there a structured way to transfer customization elements (extender, smartlists, etc...) to the new installation ? Thanks. Richard, All customizations elements (SLB, Extender and Modifier) has its own import/export features, you can use these features to export customizations ...

Adding Notes Field to a Phone Call Report
We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by completed. When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to the phone call show up in the report. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks!! Cammie On Mar 25, 3:24=A0pm, Camilla Turner <CamillaTur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by complete= d. =A0 > When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to= > the phone call show up in the report. =A0 > > Anyone know how to accomplish ...

Multiple Chart Report
I wish to have a multiple chart report displaying 1 chart per Employee displaying the Categories he has worked his hours in. I have a query that when Run gives me the Data I expect from which I build a Report with the Chart in the Detail Section. I have an EmployeeID group which has the EmployeeID number in. What I get is a Chart I want with all his hours displayed as required, but then followed by the same chart a number of times depending on how many Categories he has worked on e.g if he has 6 Categories, I get 6 charts the same, if he has done 2 Categories, I get 2 charts ans so on for al...

E-mail 05-31-10
When I open vista mail I cant pull up any mail from my inbox. Only my junk mail comes up. Try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ Also, while in the inbox, go to View | Current View | Show all messages. steve "Marlene,Carroll" <Karie,Carroll@aol.com> wrote in message = news:eiNlCFQALHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I open vista mail I cant pull up any mail from my inbox. Only my = junk=20 > mail comes up.=20 > ...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

Outlook Web Access Problems (SBS 2003)
Wonder if any one can help... We use Outlook Web Access and until last week we have never had any problems.... (SBS 2003) I get to the login screen and put my username and password in and I get the error "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." I've tested the login as both the user the admininstrator and internally on the server and I get the same problem... I'm not aware that we have installed any new apps or made any changes recently Any ideas....?, the users just seem to have los...

vlookup #10
I'd like to teach myself vlookup are there any online courses that will teach me or and courses i should take before attempting to learn this function? Please Help. Thanks in advance for reading my posting Try Debra Dalgleish's website: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Does that help? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "Rachel J" <Rachel J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54F74BBD-847A-4796-A809-4954DC26C863@microsoft.com... > I'd like to teach m...

SumIf Question? If question? I'm stumped..
I have three columns. "A", "B", and "C". I want to sum column "C" when "A" equals a specific value AND "B" equals a specific value. For example, sum the amuunts in column "C" when "A" equals "ball" AND "B" equals "bat". Any ideas? -Adam You can use an array formula, you need to press CTRL+Shift+Enter after typing the formula, if you've done this correctly curly brackets {} will appear around the formula in the formula bar: Use a formula something like: =SUM(IF(($A$2:$A$...

Calculating diff between date/ time only between certain hours 02-24-10
I am trying to calculate the difference in hours between a date/time range but only the hours in a certain range. 1/27/10 4:49 1/27/10 11:32 I am trying to find the diff in hours only between 6:00 and 23:59, any hours that fall outside of that time frame should not be counted. Each calculation will have different dates so if there is a way to do this without specifying the date that would be great! GMv1 - If your start date is in A4 and your end date is in B4, then you can do this: =MOD(B4,1)-IF(MOD(A4,1)<0.25,0.25,MOD(A4,1)) This works becase date/times are stor...

Question on Templates
I know I should ask this in the Templates newsgroup, but this one is monitored better ! Anyway, I have a client who create his own template that utilizes a custom color pallet. He has this saved as the default template, in other words, starting a new Excel file launches his Template. This works great, unless he tries to 'move or copy' a spreadsheet into a (new book). For some reason, this command is opening the standard Excel template instead of his own, and the colors are all messed up. He did save his template to be the 'standard' file when starting a new spreadshe...

Access Report from the Web
Hello, We have few Access reports on a form, that we would like to run from the web (sherpoint) is it posible ? if not, what can be as alternative ? thank you, -- תודה רבה In general not a good idea unless you approach it like I do with this product. http://www.rptsoftware.com/products/reportserver/ It basically runs one instance of Access on the server and uses a COM component and lots of error checking to handle the report requests. Note: the product hasn't been updated to work with access 2007 or 2010 (you would need to tweak source code). Low en...

Pivot Table
Hi, consider an examle of data and a pivot table like in the page of famous jon: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm, namely the most left table in the third row. I want to report all product that have sales above 8000. Other product i do not want to see in the table. I know how to report 3 best products but it is not i need. Thank you riso ...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

Access Maximum records
Hi, Can anyone tell me what is the maximum records you can have in access? Thanks in advance -- K Vander Vlist In news:FA47522D-B44F-4D0A-90E4-642851CDDC9E@microsoft.com, Kathy Vander Vlist <KathyVanderVlist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me what is the maximum records you can have in access? > Thanks in advance There is no maximum number of records. There's a maximum size to the file, which is 2GB in Access 2000-2003. I'm not sure if that's changed in Access 2007. Generally, information about limitations of the product version you...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

executing code on access forms on different pc's
We have several access databases that we used without any problems for years. All databases are in access2003 format and have forms with VB code behind it. recently we are getting new PC's that cannot execute the forms in (MDE version) databases. It reports missing references. Opening the MDB version is no problem but then it cannot be opened on the older PC's anymore. Both old and new PC's have Office 2003 installed and are running XPSP2. The missing references are 3 files: Comct232.ocx Comdlg32.ocx mscomct2.ocx Does anyone know where these files come from? Could they belon...

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...

formula to subtract time, 12:10 am (00:10)
Hi One way With 00:10 in A1 and 23:50 in B1 =MOD(A1-B1,1) -- Regards Roger Govier "teezee" <teezee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAF0132-424F-4491-B9E8-0ABFB9B4D0CB@microsoft.com... > ...

Upgrade 7.5 to 10 ?
Currently running: GP 7.5 / SQL 2000. Is there a migration path that we could go from 7.5 to 10, or would we have to go from 7.5 to 9.0 and then 9.0 to 10 you can't go directly from 7.5 > 10.0 I would recomend going from 7.5 > 9.0 SP3 (or the latest service pack) Then going from 9.0 SQL 2000 to 9.0 SQL 2005 Thn going from 9.0 SP3 to 10.0 SP 1 Note that the service packs are important. There are notes in the upgrade path that indicate you need the service pack installed prior to running utilities. "Laura Anne" wrote: > Currently running: GP 7.5 / SQL 2000. ...

matrix report
hi how could i make a report that has only the main matrix items could an item type column be added to a report ? if yes what is the field name thanks jack Main matrices are in the ItemClass table together with the Assemblies For Matrix, class type is 0, Assemblies = 1. You should be able to ad a column for this one. :) Rizz ...

Customization 08-18-04
Hello, Is it possible to remove the "Quotes" "label" for example for thoses customers who make invoices in another system and who don't want to see it in the application to avoid "poblems" ? Thanks in advance for help, regards. Dominique Szczudlak I think that no... over Professional version You can achieve this by changing the users CRM security role so they cannot read quotes -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Dominique Szczudlak" <dszczudlak@NOaxialogSPAMfr&...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

CRM Architecture 08-13-04
Hi, Can anyone tellme where can i find goot articles about MS CRM architecture. MS CRM architecture means info about all the layers of the CRM and about XML templates, which CRM is using to display the UI. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raju The Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide gives some detail but for more indepth detail you need to be looking at the training manuals for Microsoft. You can get these manuals by attending a training course or by buying them through a partner company. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaq...

i get a message too many fields defined on ACCESS
Trying to add columns, and it does not let me. What can I do Ibz�n wrote: > Trying to add columns, and it does not let me. > > What can I do I believe the limit is 255, but you may need to do a compact and repair (see top line menu) to free up previously deleted fields. If you are anywhere over about 30 or 40 fields, you likely need to revise your table design and "Normalize" it. -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit ...