Access chart

I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend.

For example:

In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me
how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to
the model number.

thanks

It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to
display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"naja" wrote:

> I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend.
>
> For example:
>
> In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me
> how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to
> the model number.
>
> thanks
ok, let see if I can describe this better:

I have a query that is displaying different laptop models and the date they
were purchased.  I want to create a graph that shows the % purchased of x
model and the % of y model, but I want to be able to see the % number on the
pie.  let me know if this helped.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to
> display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "naja" wrote:
>
> > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me
> > how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to
> > the model number.
> >
> > thanks
I just opened the chart control in design view and checked the property
settings for data points. You can set "Label Contains" to one or all of these:
  _ Series Name
  _ Category Name
  _ Value
  _ Percentage

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"naja" wrote:

> ok, let see if I can describe this better:
>
> I have a query that is displaying different laptop models and the date they
> were purchased.  I want to create a graph that shows the % purchased of x
> model and the % of y model, but I want to be able to see the % number on the
> pie.  let me know if this helped.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to
> > display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "naja" wrote:
> >
> > > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend.
> > >
> > > For example:
> > >
> > > In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me
> > > how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to
> > > the model number.
> > >
> > > thanks
Thanks............it worked.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I just opened the chart control in design view and checked the property
> settings for data points. You can set "Label Contains" to one or all of these:
>   _ Series Name
>   _ Category Name
>   _ Value
>   _ Percentage
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "naja" wrote:
>
> > ok, let see if I can describe this better:
> >
> > I have a query that is displaying different laptop models and the date they
> > were purchased.  I want to create a graph that shows the % purchased of x
> > model and the % of y model, but I want to be able to see the % number on the
> > pie.  let me know if this helped.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to
> > > display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Range Calculate to update chart
Hi I have a chart that is on the same worksheet as its source data. I have a button to recalculate the source data using the Range.Calculate function. The only problem is, the chart does not get updated when the source data is recalculated. I have tried call Chart.Refresh on the chart, but it has no effect. The only way I have found to update the chart is to do a manual calculation (F9), which is far too slow due to the size of the workbook. It would be far better is the recalculate button updated the chart also. Any ideas? TIA Ben Oh, I'm using Excel 97! "Ben" <ben...

Org Chart Item Automatic Font
When using the org chart feature in Excel, i have one cell (for example sakes we're going to call President) that if i have more textual information than the cell allows, it doesn't resize the cell to fit. I dont want the font size to change, i just want the cell to automatically resize to fit the data within the cell? Any ideas? ...

Access denied. Contact your administrator.
Suddenly (last week) , I am unable to open certain word files over a home network. The server runs XP Word 2007 SP 2 The computer runs XP Word 2003 SP3 Same problem for a XP Word 2007 SP 2 So same problem with two other computers Within the same folder some files will open across the network and some files give message "Access denied. Contact your administrator." I do not use priveliges etc. I am the administrator. I have permitted full sharing access to the folder I do use the *.docx format. Can anyone help? On the server, if I open the file and resave it as an .rtf t...

HELP! how do i access the child elements of an IHTMLElement object?
hi there a bit of a gumby question, but i'm pretty new to COM stuff basically, i have an instance of internet explorer embedded in an MFC dialog (vc++ 6), and i get access to it via the IWebBrowser2 interface i need to find an element of a particular id, and set/get its inner text i can get a ptr to an IHTMLElement that is the body of the the document (DOM), and then i want to iterate thru its children elements, so if i call get_children() on this ptr i get, according to the msdn doco, "a ptr to the IDispatch interface that receives the collection" my question is, how do i i...

Access Form/Subform Macro not working
Using Access 2003 - I have a form with a sub-form. I have a macro with setvalue to set a field in sub-form with the current date with a double click. When running the macro I get an error "Access can't find the form "Account Recon" referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code". The form you referenced may be closed or may not exist in the database." The macro works in sub-form only or if I move it to the form it works, just not in the form/sub-form mode. Manual updates to the sub-form work fine. I think you need to reference both the subform and t...

access sql -> ms query sql?
I have a query in Access that works fine. But, if i copy the sql syntax, go into Excel and paste it into MS Query, it doesn't work. It tells me it can't add a table and shows me the entire beginning of the SELECT statement. Is the sql syntax different between Access and MS Query in Excel? Is there something specific i need to change when i copy it over from access? ...

Does Access store its data in fixed length or variable length rows
-- Dennis Hi, I would assume variable length. Of course it may not even store all of the the data for a particular row in a contiguous section of the file. You could do a quick and dirty test to see if it is variable or fixed length. Create a new database with one table with a text column of 200 or so characters. Create a method that lets you specify to append a thousand or so rows of data. Make a copy of the database. Run the process on one database telling it to save a short value, say a single character. In the other run the process on the second telling it to sav...

timeline in line chart
I have a line chart that I need to show a rolling timeline. I currently show planned against actuals from the project beginning and they just want to see from today forward. How do I set that up Hi, One approach is to use the AutoFilter. Select your data and choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the filter on the date column and choose Custom, Greater than or equal to, open the list on the right and choose the current date. You chart will plot from the current date forward. Alternatively you can use a dynamic range name: 1. Plot the chart for the entire range. For this example ...

Outside access to Outlook?
Have used Outlook Express with the same email address for several years on my desktop, recently bought a laptop and want to know how i can set up Outlook with the same address on that too, or how I can get into my original outlook form the laptop?Help! Check with your ISP for your account settings. These are personal to you and are different for each ISP. You can't synch between the 2 but you can configure both accounts to leave the messages on the server for a couple of days so you can download the messages on both systems. You can change this in your account settings. Note that t...

Help with chart "goal" lines needed!
I have charts with daily data plotted along lines. I am needing to add a line showing where our goal is but I cannot seem to get it to work. Can someone help me? Thank you Add horizontal line to chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "*tek slacker" <*tek slacker@discussions.microsoft.c...

Copying Charts While Changing Source Data
I am an accountant and I have around 500 different accounts that I'm trying to keep a close eye on. What I would like to do is input the monthly data that I would like to keep an eye on...data such as variance from budget, variance from projection, etc. on one sheet and then put the charts on the other sheet. That way in order to really analyze the data I can actually see the trends. I can set up a chart and copy the chart...however, if all I do is copy the chart and paste...both charts will point to the same source data. When I copy and paste a chart I want the source data to b...

Charts from Pivot Table
I have a Pivot Table in Excel 2002 that has Budget and Actual columns, Months in the rows with a corresponding Budget and Actual, this repeats for each item in the row multiple (10-30) times down the table, each set of items is sub totaled in a row (10 - 20 subtotals) and then each sub total is totaled in a row, etc. 7000+ rows of data. I would like to graph each item and show a budget and actual line. I would also like to graph each item showing a cum budget and cum actual line. I hope to graph 'user' selected items, sub totals, totals. Thoughts? Suggested approach? I plan to...

Any way to make line chart show null data points?
The subject titles doesn't really explain this - I saw a similar subject to this on this forum yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a line chart, it doesn't matter how many series I have but I'm plotting lets say one series over 52 weeks of the year. If the data for the series stops before the end of the 52 weeks, I would like the line to stop. This works if I clear the contents of the cell (which I can do via macro but don't really want to, it's a big spreadsheet, lots of data to crunch to get to my final graph.) As others have said on the forum, if I ge...

Access 2007: Recurring problems with the opening of QueriesDesign
While all queries of all types run and open without any trouble in SQL View and Datasheet View etc., they often just won't open in Design View. Sometimes compression and repair of the database will help, but not always. Is this a known bug in Access 2007 ? Ís there a fix or how can I avoid having this problem again? Thanks in advance for all help. You have a corrupt database file. Repairing it over and over sometimes just doesn't work. Instead create a new database file and import everything from the problem database into it. If something won't import, it's t...

Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? see reply in microsoft.public.excel.charting TOMB wrote: > I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and > draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to > connec...

Access 2007 Conversion Problem 02-03-10
I have an application that works fine in Access 2003 but has some weird display issues in Access 2007. I have applied the latest software pack upgrades. I have tried my 2003 mde in 2007 and tried the mdb in 2007 and get the same resulkts. #1 - A dropdown box is shown on a subform with several following fields. Usable fields are in white and the background is blue. When a dropdown box is selcted, the list of values is displayed which overlays on top of the subseuent fields (expected). However, after the list box is closed, the area that was overlayed on the following field...

Excel construct single chart from 2 charts
Hello All, Anyone an idea how to construct such a chart in Excel? http://chart.yahoo.com/c/5y/p/pdli.gif I know you can build more then one chart into one chart sheet but what i really want to do is construct one chart or 2 chart objects assembled into 1 so they can be exported into 1 gif as per above looked at the charting samples at the John Peltier site but still got no idea how to construct this TIA Brian Brian - The way I've done this is by embedding two chart objects in a blank chart sheet. A little VBA to make sure the chart axes line up. Then the chart sheet is exported. -...

hide original cells after creating chart
I'm new to creating charts in Excel, but I can't figure out how to do this... After I create a chart from a range of cells, can I hide the original cells that contain the source data ? I only want to see the chart on the worksheet .... Thanks for any help ! -- tcurrier ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tcurrier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31279 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511413 Hi, You can hide the cells but you will have to uncheck the 'Plot ...

Is it possible to create completey new chart types in excel?
I need a barchart that shows, for each time period, two adjacent bars, each of which is composed of two or more elements (which will stack vertically). I can do those things separately but there doesn't seem to be a chart type (either standard or custom) which does this. Can I create a new chart type or download one from somewhere? I'm using Excel 2003 and am a corporate user so no immediate hope of an upgrade. Hi, Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Tim Spence wrote: > I need a barchart that shows, for each time per...

Access 2007, Cannot open Properties window in form design view.
First time use of Access 2007 on new install from Office Ultimate on XP SP2 Created a new database. Created a new form. Right Click on the form and select properties. Nothing happens. Same result for a button on the form. Rebooted the computer with no change in behavior. Same experience with a report. Cant see any configuration setting that will disable or hide the design properties window other than the properties sheet button in the database tools tab.show/hide section and it has no effect Thanks in advance for any assistance, RobGMiller... On Apr 5, 5:20 pm, imagirlgeek <imag...

Access 2k code doesn't run under Vista/A2k7
I have a new client who has an Access 2000 database that used to run under Windows 2000 Pro. They have just "upgraded" to Access 2007 under Vista, and the old database stopped working - buttons on forms did nothing. When I first looked at it the problem seemed to be the change to the signature of Docmd.Requery (fewer arguments) so I made the necessary changes and the database compiled. I compiled and tested it on my work system (also Vista, A2k7) and it worked fine. When I copied the db onto the client's machine, it didn't work. I checked that it compiled correctly (it d...

Bar chart No printer friendly.
I have some collections of bar chart in a sheet. The Sheet contains some pages. I drawed this chart dynamically. After I tried to print the chart. then i faced one problem. it is not printing properly.. The chart which is positioned at bottom of the page is getting cut in the 1st page. And again its printed completed on the 2nd page.. I want to print this bar, either it shuld come on the first page or the second page.. I created this chart dynamically. Is any solution is there for solve this problem? Please help me. Thanks. Ram Kumar.R. -- ramkumar_cpt ----------------------------...

Chart size "resets" when printing.. scrunches up
I have charts/graphs that "resize" when I print. The Chart Box stays the same size but the "inner" chart box resizes and scrunches up. At times it only occurs on the printout, but at times as well it will reset in the chart on the spreadsheet itself. I have the 5 charts in a single tab. This does not happen in my other files not sure the issue. Any thoughts ? Thanks ...

How to disable Outlook Web Access for multiple users?
By default, Outlook Web Access is enabled for users. By what way, we can disable the web access for a large number of users without by changing the setting one by one? Thank you Sam Dear Samuel, it is easy, it is the same way when you want to create a mailbox for bulk of users. 1. Select all the users that you want to disable the OWA for them, if these users are under the same OU, then open this OU and select all the users, or if they are on different OU's, they you have to define a search query and find a common attributes fo them so you can select them all. 2. right click on ...

Linking Access to Outlook
Isthere any way to link access to outlook For example, i have access to show me the date of all my delivery in a report, is it psoible to show that in outlook calender Thanks simon See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm#tools for SQLView and = maybe one or two others that can expose Access data as Outlook folders=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com...