2 or more columns on a report

I have a report that has only a couple of fields that it's pulling from, so
when I print my report, there's not a lot there.  It looks basically like
this:
Employee Name     Avg. Score    # Completed
Doe, John                   95                     2
Smith, Mary                68                     3
and so on.  My question is this: Is there a way to put 2 groups of this info
on the report page to condense the number of pages I have to print out?  I'd
like to report to look something like this:
Employee name  Avg. Score   # Completed     Employee Name   Avg. Score   #
Completed
Doe, John                95                   2             Smith, Mary
68                   3
Johnson, Dave         87                   1              Brown, James
77                   2

Maybe with a dividing line running down between the two groups.  I'm
relatively new to Access and I only know a little VBA.  I've tried just
copying, for example, Employee Name, but it pulls up the same employee on
both sides of the report.

Thanks in advance for the help.

bhrosey

Thanks, that worked great!

Duane Hookom wrote:
>You can select File->Page Layout to set the number of columns in your report.
>
>> I have a report that has only a couple of fields that it's pulling from, so
>> when I print my report, there's not a lot there.  It looks basically like
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the help.

bhrosey

Tooltip #2
how can i add a tool tip to a CBitmapboton or a CStatic in MFC Take a look at this write-up: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=141758 Tom "mido1971" <jan_mido_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D3576DCC-B5E4-4282-B33F-F1F7FB46DC55@microsoft.com... > how can i add a tool tip to a CBitmapboton or a CStatic in MFC "mido1971" <jan_mido_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D3576DCC-B5E4-4282-B33F-F1F7FB46DC55@microsoft.com... > how can i add a tool tip to a CBitmapboton or a CStatic in MFC This is a good example: http://www.codeproject.com/but...

How can I convert text to reference ? Ex: ISNUMBER(ADDRESS(6;10;2.
I'm trying to use above function to avoid doing it by coding. However ADDRESS function returns text and I cannot convert it to a reference, in order to use its result as input to other functions (like ISNUMBER or CELL). If I understand you correctly, try =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(G7,H7)) for example HTH, Bernd ...

Completely OT #2
So sue me! I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going. Any suggestions? I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore. Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > So sue me! > > I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or > softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a > trustwort...

pop3 #2
hi i have windows 2003 server, and exchange, i want download pop3 email from outside, (in sbs there was a pop3 connector) how can i do it in this case? thx mate You will need a 3rd party POP connector. Check www.slipstick.com for options. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Mate Visky" <rebirth@netet.hu> wrote in message news:um3iyNhMEHA.2592@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > i have windows 2003 server, and exchange, i want download pop3 email from > outside, (in sbs...

Using VBA to change the color of Row and Column Headings
Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row headings using VBA. I would like to have them appear, under certain conditions, as something other than the dull gray. I know how to inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color. Maybe it is not possible. Thank you. "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote... >Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row >headings using VBA. I would like to have them appear, under certain >conditions, as something other than the dull gray. I know how to &g...

need formula to search column for a word and return another word
I have a multi-worksheet workbook where the 1st worksheet is an assets summary page and the other worksheets are for tracking individual assets. Each row of the individual asset worksheet represent an asset request. A column on the assets worksheet titled "order status" will have one of three inputs for each request: "Open", "Pending", or "Complete". On the summary worksheet, each row represents an individual asset. There is a column on the summary worksheet titled "Item Status". I need a formula to look at the asset worksheet "...

GP 9.0 security on "Reports/Report list"
I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). Also, where is the security, under reports, for "Service Call Management", "Contract Administration"..."Depot Management" Thanks On Jan 31, 3:37 pm, Glen <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under > the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). > > Also, where is the security, under reports, for &qu...

Scroll bar problem #2
If I drag the scroll bar to the bottom of the page I get down to line 65,000. However there is only data in lines 1 - 100. This makes navigating around the page difficult. Any suggestion how I can rectify this? Luke Select all the rows from 100 on down and do an Edit, Delete. Then save the workbook. The active area should then be reset and the scroll bar adjusted accordingly. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23C87C8F-5C9F-4BE6-9DE2-F992281DBC57@microsoft.com... | If I drag the scroll bar to the bottom of the page I g...

GL Different from Inventory Report
We are having a problem with our GL not matching our inventory reports. We have gone line item by line item between both reports and everything appears to match correctly. The only thing we can think of that we did differently this month was we changed our overhead and labor rates the last week of the month. Our Sales are posted daily but we back flush work orders at the end of the month - could the timing of work orders being back flushed at the end of the month (at a different cost than the standard due to the rate change) and sales orders being posted each day cause the two reports t...

Microsoft RMS Dynamics 2.0
Hello, We are trying to integrate our POS with our website. The website needs to show an item with two options. However, due to various reasons, these same items are single standard entries in the POS. For them to show up on the website as 1 item with options they need to be matrixed in the POS. I need to know if it is possible to create a Matrix item, then add a standard item to this Matrix and set a dimension for it. I can currently create a Matrix item and add a standard item but I cannot set the dimension for it. I need to know if this is because I do not know how, or because it just is...

Find and search by column
When I execute Edit then Find, Excel begins to search by row. Can anyone suggest how: (a) to directly change this default or (b) to incorporate a few lines of VBA codes so as to make it search by column without having to select Options first, and change the search command to "By Column"? Thank you for your help. Brian Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in tha...

Printing multiple pages #2
I want to know how to print about 20 pages. I want them to print in order. I want to forld them and make them into a booklet. I hope I'm explaining this the right way. Like page 1 & 4 will be on one side of the paper (8.5x11) then put the paper in and print pages 2 & 3 on the other side. They are to read pafes 1-4 in order. I know this is as clear as mud. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks dave1530 dave1530 <dave1530@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to know how to print about 20 pages. I want them to print in > order. I want ...

Workbook open code to do 2 things
Hi, I originally had the following in ThisWorkbook Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim sht As Worksheet Const TopLeft As String = "a2" Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each sht In Worksheets Application.Goto sht.Range(TopLeft), Scroll:=True sht.Protect Password:="*gwb", _ UserInterFaceOnly:=True Next sht Application.ScreenUpdating = True Sheets("Sheet1").Select Now I'm trying to make users enable macros by hiding sheets. Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVe...

Run out of columns
I have a spreadsheet where I have run out of columns. Is there a way to increase the number of columns in a worksheet? Andy, Unfortunately there is no way to increase the number of columns past 256. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Andy Schmidt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42D48ED8-A56C-4056-A3EF-552B9915F1D8@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet where I have run out of columns. Is there a way to increase the number of columns in a worksheet? ...

Crystal Reports #5
Hi, Any help/ Documentation link on how to add the GP 9.0 database ( SQL 2000) to crystal reports.Using ODBC connection, it is asking for some predefined values.like @I_cCustomerNumber etc. Thanks Asma Hi Asma, I believe you downloaded our Dynamics Report Manager product. Was that able to help you out at all? Therese R Rockton Software "Asma" wrote: > Hi, > > Any help/ Documentation link on how to add the GP 9.0 database ( SQL > 2000) to crystal reports.Using ODBC connection, it is asking for some > predefined values.like @I_cCustomerNumber etc. > > ...

reminder notifications in a column
I have a need for a reminder when particular data is enterd into a cell of a certain column. In a previous posting I found exactly what I need except for one problem and I really know nothing of writing codes. On 3 14-05 Jason Morin replied to a post from red_oceanus on this same matter. The code he presented pertains to the first column. I need the message to work in the fourth column only. I tried to alter the ">1" to ">4" in his code but then I recieve a pop up message in any of the first four columns instead of only the fourth column. Everything else I ...

How do I decompose a string for a report
In a data field is a text string that is always like this : item1, item2, item3 The number of items is variable. I want them in a report presented like this: Your selected items : - item1 - item2 - item3 How do I manage that one, can somebody help me. Thank you. -- eric On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "NormalizeDenormalize.mdb " which illustrates one way to do this. You can download it for free here: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T...

Word Wrap in Report Writer
Hello i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too long. Is there any way to make word wrap for this field? Thank you Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports... "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too > long. > > Is there any way to make word wrap for this field? > > Thank you > > Report Writer does not word wrap. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vincent Ong" wrote: > Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports... > > "Monzer ...

Reports
I have a strange problem. If I log into the CRM server (which is not on the SQL 2005 server that it is using for a DB), I can view reports just fine. But if I log on via my client computer, it gives me a non descriptive, non-logged error. The strange thing is that I can get to the exact same reports by going to the reporting services site. Any suggestions? Scott What version of CRM are you using? Is there anything in your event log on the CRM server? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Scott T" <netjetman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mplpn1lpug1fthnrm882mv5r21v...

Hi #2

Build problem #2
I've got a multi-project solution (VS 2002) which builds a bunch of DLLs and then an MFC application. Now, I want to get it to build the help file (.chm) ... but the interesting bit is that most of the topic files (and bits of the table of contents and so on) is actually autogenerated ... by the MFC application, when run with some magic command line switch. So what I need to do to build the system is: (1) build the DLLs (2) build the application (3) run the application, giving it a magic command line switch, to generate some help files (4) build the .chm Various approaches seem possibl...

Junk Senders List #2
Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in the rules wizard? I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- mail from, but I want to take this list to another computer. Thanks. Ty Someone already answered this for me - please disregard. Thanks. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in >the rules wizard? > >I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- >mail from, but I want to take this list to another >computer. > >Thanks. > >Ty &g...

How to delete dead email addresses in bulk #2
I have a client that uses an outside company to send bulk email. That company gave my client a list of dead email addresses in their CRM 4.0 database. Is there a bulk way to take that list of bad email addresses, locate the accounts they are associated with, and then remove those bad emails from their respective accounts in one fail swoop? Or do I have to touch each account? ...

XP Service Pack 2
Hi I have had trouble with my PC and ran the windows xp repair. All went well until it tried to update to XP Service Pack 2. It gets as far as "Creating Cabinets" "Details - Running process before install" The blue bar only moves about an eighth and stops. Any idea whats causing this problem please? ...

LDAP time out error #2
All our pc's have suddenly started giving the error " Search request to the LDAP directory server has timed out (85)". This happens whenever we put in a partial address and use the directory to find the correct (internal) address. This is using an Inty e-mail server/firewall box connected to a win 2000 network, with XP pro clients and office 2002. When I connect a pc to the inty box directly (ie straight into its network card) it's fine, it's only when I go via the network it hangs. There is no excessive network traffic, so are there any setings on the servers...