#Error Message

I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in
the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames.
When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove
this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true
results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to
get it to work.

Thanks

Hi Nigel,

     Try:

=IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber])

           Clifford Bass

Nigel wrote:
>I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in
>the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames.
>When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove
>this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true
>results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to
>get it to work.
>
>Thanks

Clifford
1/4/2010 7:26:26 PM
Hi Clifford

I tried inputting your suggestion into the unbound box but when I get a
record with no data I still get thge #Error message.

"Clifford Bass via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
>      Try:
>
> =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber])
>
>            Clifford Bass
>
> Nigel wrote:
> >I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in
> >the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames.
> >When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove
> >this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true
> >results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to
> >get it to work.
> >
> >Thanks

> .

Hi Nigel,

     Hmmm.... I presume you added the missing paranthesis that I missed at
the end.  Try this instead:

=IIf(IsError(Count(*)), "No Data", Count(*))

                Clifford Bass

Nigel wrote:
>Hi Clifford
>
>I tried inputting your suggestion into the unbound box but when I get a
>record with no data I still get thge #Error message.

Clifford
1/5/2010 4:56:04 PM
Hi Clifford

No, that didn't work either. But, I've managed to find a solution:

IIf([HasData],Count(*),"No Data")

Many thanks for your replies and help.

Nigel

"Clifford Bass via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
>      Hmmm.... I presume you added the missing paranthesis that I missed at
> the end.  Try this instead:
>
> =IIf(IsError(Count(*)), "No Data", Count(*))
>
>                 Clifford Bass
>
> Nigel wrote:
> >Hi Clifford
> >
> >I tried inputting your suggestion into the unbound box but when I get a
> >record with no data I still get thge #Error message.

> .

Hi Nigel,

     Glad I was able to help.  The HasData is not something I have used in
the past.  Good to know about it!  Thanks for posting your solution!

            Clifford Bass

Nigel wrote:
>Hi Clifford
>
>No, that didn't work either. But, I've managed to find a solution:
>
>IIf([HasData],Count(*),"No Data")
>
>Many thanks for your replies and help.
>
>Nigel

Clifford

Duplicate messages ++++ HELP....
I am using Outlook 2002. Setup with one email account only as on offline user to 5.5 Exchange. When I do the send/receive via dial up I pull down whatever messages are on the Server down to the .PST file. Yet when I dial in again I get the same messages over and over. Again I only have one email account setup on the laptop. And it is setup to work offline with a .PST file. Everything I have read and found pertaining to this is if you have multiple acounts setup under the send/receive. This is not the case here. Getting tired of Microsofts constant change and lack of documentation of ...

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

OE address book
I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6. I am trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book into OE6. I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened OE6, clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved Netscape address book to import. I receive the message "application error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll", and nothing is imported. What am I doing wrong, or do I need to reinstall OE6? How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to? Thank you. K.C. This newsgroup is ...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

Compile error
Hi, My below code has a compile error : Expected: list seperator or ) Pls help solve it. Sub Consolidation() 'Copy to the next line in the target file' Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook Dim first, last As Long 'Open all files in the folder' With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "N:\Tax\FILE1" .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Open each workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i)) 'Identify 1st row...

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

HTTP_500 error with mobile active sync
Hi, We have a problem that none of our mobile devices can sync with the Exchange 2003 server. I have done absolutely everyting posible, and found on the knowledge base. The problem is this. When a PPC 2003 connects with activesync over SSL to our exchange 2003, they get authenticated, but after a few seconds they will receive the HTTP_500 error. This is the WC3 log of the IIS site hosting the Active Sync : ##### 172.31.1.4 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=bvh&DeviceId=4FC5706E41B81E1188000050BF1977E0&DeviceType=PocketPC&Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R ...

Error on Importing Access Query
I am trying to import Access Query to Excel so I can generate pivot table and chart with live data. However importing external data reads column header only, no values. I have done this before, a while ago. I don't understand why this is not working. Can somebody help me? ...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

manual Control Messages in MFC
I m sure someone done this before my CFormView derived class has a few checkboxes. I want to force the message handlers of all the checkboxes to be called when I change (check/uncheck) one of them. I dont want to use the group thing. my code is like this CMyFormView::OnCheck1() { m_bStatusCode = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_COMPILE_CODE )))->GetCheck() ? TRUE : FALSE; m_MyGUI = COMPILE_CODE; /* needs to send the notify the parent to execute the other message handlers*/ } CMyFormView::OnCheck2() { m_bStatusAssets = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_BUILD_ASSETS )))->GetCh...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

fatal error LNK1201: error writing to program database
I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. The error occured quite frequently, and I had to restart VisualStudio in order to continue. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks. Michael Could this be your problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238875 Do a search on "LNK1201: error writing to program database" in msdn.microsoft.com AliR. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7823EB9-78EE-4FF9-9C29-30723F6C4126@microsoft.com... > I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. ...

continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002
Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' ad...

When collecting data by using e-mail messages
I'm getting the Warning message - these email messages might contain data that is of a confidential or sensitive nature - and it's not giving me access to the Create button in the wizard. The suggestion is to remove any fields in my message that might contain the confidential data, but there are none. How do I get around this? -- boniG When I said "there are none", I meant that none of the fields contain data of a sensitive or confidential nature. I even tried removing every field except the very first one which is simply a text field with the identificat...

Error openning Workbook
I am having trouble openning an Excell 2002 workbook. The file is 49 meg in size and I am running Win 2000 OS. The error message provided has no value. just stated whether to send error report to Microsoft. Thanks ...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

Express Error: 0x800CCC79
I keep getting this: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'comercial@mcabombas.com'. Subject 'Medidor898-989', Account: 'Ivette Celis V.', Server: 'mail.fueldevil.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.2.1 <comercial@mcabombas.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79" How can I solve this? Ralph Post to an Outlook Express group in the future. For now, contact the...

File Sharing Problems
Can anyone explain this error/information message to me? - "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" Options are to Save a Copy or Overwrite Changes. The file is not being shared with anyone else - it comes up whenever making general saves in Excel. -THANKS! Hi try deleting all files in your TEMP directory, reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kristi - Skills Group" <KristiSkillsGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

FRX Catalog Error
Randomly when one of the users tries to open designer (FRX version 6.5.8.4) he gets an error stating "Failed to load company calendar" Then Runtine error 2000 Application defined or object defined error The guy that administers this is on holiday, I am quite a newbie with this software... Any help would be appreciated. This occurs when all the periods are closed in Fiscal Periods. Atleast one period should be open. -- Hari "Martin C" wrote: > Randomly when one of the users tries to open designer (FRX version 6.5.8.4) > he gets an error stating > &...

Outlook crashes before opening with error MSSchedule+
Cannot open Outlook, it comes up with the statemment "unable to switch to Microsoft Schedule+ as your primary calendar. when you hit ok, Outlook tries to load then it crashes with a Microsoft Error box. end of story. HELP! thanks. ...