Word merged with Access

I am using both Word and Access 2003.
When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries
show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with.  Does anyone have any
ideas of why this happens?  Is there a way to make all of the queries show
up?  Are the queries limited to a certain number?  I would appreciate any
help or ideas that you can give me.

Aurora

Aurora

Without more information, I can only guess...

Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select"
queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queries)?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"MAD" <MAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using both Word and Access 2003.
> When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries
> show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with.  Does anyone have
> any
> ideas of why this happens?  Is there a way to make all of the queries show
> up?  Are the queries limited to a certain number?  I would appreciate any
> help or ideas that you can give me.
>
> Aurora

0
Jeff
5/19/2010 3:32:49 PM
I believe that select queries with parameters are filtered out in addition to
the action queries (Delete, Insert, Update).

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

MAD wrote:
> I am using both Word and Access 2003.
> When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries
> show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with.  Does anyone have any
> ideas of why this happens?  Is there a way to make all of the queries show
> up?  Are the queries limited to a certain number?  I would appreciate any
> help or ideas that you can give me.
>
> Aurora
0
John
5/19/2010 8:06:55 PM
I should have added that queries with custom functions may also be filtered
out and even those with some VBA functions may be filtered out.

MAD wrote:
> I am using both Word and Access 2003.
> When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries
> show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with.  Does anyone have any
> ideas of why this happens?  Is there a way to make all of the queries show
> up?  Are the queries limited to a certain number?  I would appreciate any
> help or ideas that you can give me.
>
> Aurora
0
John

chart line appear in Word
We combine couple chart together as one picture; then copy and past to word as our final report. charts were pasted as "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" We have selected heavest line from Excel defut, but when past to Word, due to reduce overall size of chart, the lines were not heavy enough. Any way we can improve that. Make the chart in Excel the size you need in Word, so there's no need to reduce it to fit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Package adn Sign/Developer Extensions
want to create a msi install package which will create a signed accdr application. But I can't seem to do this. I create an accde file and then it seems I can EITHER create a signed accde deployment file (using Publish from office button) and have none of teh shortcuts etc created automatically OR an msi package (from developer exensions) that installs an accdr (unsigned and untrusted - so the user gets a message every time) Really confused. All the help in the MS website seems to inicate that you can create a trusted/signed accdr install package. But how? Help please! Lou ...

how to access my WLM when travelling
Forgive me if this sounds really dumb. I use WLM on my hard drive (Windows 7) with standard POP3 email settings. My ISP does not support "smtpout.secureserver.net" and the email outgoing server settings need to be set to their own outgoing server (otherwise I'd be able to use anywhere) I'll be travelling soon in Indonesia and wanted to know if WLM has a web mail facility so I can access all my email existing folders, and assume I'd need to transfer/copy them somehow. -- phil b australia "crossroads" <crossroads@discussions.microsoft.co...

Accessing class members ...
m_pEditBoxViewTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, NULL, RUNTIME_CLASS( CChildFrame ), // custom MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS( CEditBoxView )); ASSERT(m_pEditBoxViewTemplate); pDlgFrame = m_pEditBoxViewTemplate->CreateNewFrame(NULL, NULL); I need to be able to access a function within the CEditBoxView class, and I am not quite sure how. Any suggestions ? Dave wrote: > m_pEditBoxViewTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, > NULL, > RUNTIME_CLASS( CChildFrame ), // custom MDI child frame > RUNTIME_CLASS( CEditBoxView )); &...

Can you transform an excel document into a word document?
I need to insert an excel spreadsheet in a word document. Is it possible? Hi Tammy, 1) Open your word document and place the insert point where you want the excel spreadsheet to be displayed. 2) Then select Insert on the Menu toolbar and choose Object 3) The Object dialog box will appear, select either the Create New or Create from File depending upon your requirement. The excel spreadsheet will then appear as an object (not linked to the original file, unless you specified that) You will now be able to double click onto the spreadsheet to edit it, if you want to Hope this helps &...

Publisher 2003 Mail Merge #2
Hi all, Does anyone know why when I do a mailmerge with Excel source data on publisher 2003 the text doesn't line up properly & on lines where it should appear blank, zero's appear? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yours frustratedly!!!! A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Rich <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Does anyone know why when I do a mailmerge with Excel > source data on publisher 2003 the text doesn't line up > properly & on lines where it should appear blank, zero's > appear? An...

MS Access 2003
Can anyone help? I never used to have this problem BUT since SP3 whenever I delete child table records (which delete fine) and then follow to delete the primary table record Access 'Stops working' and can't find a solution. Office 2003 is running in Vista. I am now having to copy the table structure to a new table and deleting the entire old table in order to clear the records I wish to discard. I have checked all link references and none a set to one-to-many. Have I found an Access Bug or is there another answer? ...

Difficulty using Mail Merge
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to print labels in Word 2008. My source document is an Excel file. I am able to insert all of the merge fields and my sample label looks correct. However, I'm not able to edit the data source because the box is greyed out. Any suggestions? When you use an Excel data source in Word 2008, Word uses a converter to get the data from Excel. Also AFAIK, Word simply does not know how to write data back to the Excel workbook, which is presumably why it does not let you. You can alter the workbook content directly in Wo...

Merge XML files
Is there a quick way to merge two XML files example A <TestNode> <Data>123</Data> </TestNode> <TestNode> <Data>123</Data> <Data>222</Data> <Data>333</Data> </TestNode> <Next Data> "Hello World" </Next Data> Result would be <TestNode> <Data>222</Data> <Data>333</Data> </TestNode> <Next Data> "Hello World" </Next Data> That's not actually a merge... you're sort of "diffing" them :o) (I see ...

Pasting Table from Word
I did seach for this question first, but could not find an answer. When I copy a table from Word and paste it into Excel I end up with several entries that span multiple cells (rows and/or Columns). The normal 'light grey' box around each individual cell is missing. It paste most of the data correctly I would like to have the excel spreadsheet appear as normal with each cell as an individual cell. I have tried things like 'ungroup' and it doesn't have any effect All help and ideas appreciated Thanks If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak...

How to save a Word 2007 document to two places at once?
Hi all, I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document to a USB stick as I work. While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document file between two folders every five or ten minutes! Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when it does its automatic back-up? Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway. -- mlse See the last macro at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm -- <>><...

bad type for word wrap
Dynamics GP v9.0 Message pops up in a window with the error "Bad type for word wrap." Purchasing>transaction entry User creates a credit memo, saves, posts. When printing this message pops up. It does not cause any problems with the posting or printing. It is more of an annoyance than anything. Can anyone tell me how to stop it from popping up? It happens even if I change the default printer. -- ToddR Has the posting report been modified? If so, does the same message appear if you disable the modified report for the user, forcing use of the standard version? -- Richar...

Accessing Custom Properties of a master without creating an instance
Hi, Is it possible to access the custome properties of a Master shape without creating an instance of it in the drawing? i.e. is there an equivalent to Shape.Get_CellsU(cellName) for Masters? thanks Neil You just need to set Shape = Master.Shapes(1) <neilbirtles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1171276151.569309.112460@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to access the custome properties of a Master shape > without creating an instance of it in the drawing? i.e. is there an > equivalent to Shape.Get_CellsU(cellName) for Masters? > > than...

Trouble Accessing Shared Calendar
I have multiple computers running Outlook 2007. I have created a calendar on my computer that I have shared with an associate. He received the email inviting him to subscribe to the calendar, but when he clicks" Subscribe to this Calendar" from within the email, he is asked for a user name and password. We have tried several things we thought it might be. What user ID and password is the calendar wanting to open the calendar so he can subscribe to it? "Rachael" <Rachael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEC4875A-E3F9-4C52-A8C4-4BBE2AE7...

Can I run Access off a USB Flash Drive
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here is my question. I need to track information from different computers. Not all computer have Access installed on them. Can I install my Access DB and the 2007 Access Runtime on a USB flash drive and run everything off the flash drive without having to install the 2007 runtime on the actual computer? Is so, how would I do it? -- Dennis No. There are two issues. First, the Access runtime has to be installed on the computer, not just physically present on the flash drive. Second, Access does too much file readi...

Access 2003 and/or 2007 copy in objects from another mdb
Is is possible to write code in an Access MDB that will allow a user to select another Access MDB and then see a list of report and/or queries so they can select from the list. Then programatically copy in those objects from another mdb in to the current mdb? I know that access allows for the exporting and importing of objects but I have a need to do this programatically. Sure, it can be done. Here are the general outlines: 1) Use the Open/Save API that you can find here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to select the database file you want to inspect. 2) Progr...

Word template footer appearing in Outlook emails
We use Outlook 2003. Lately, emails sent to others, especially those using a different version of Outlook show a "footer" in the body of the email similar to the following: RH: 0/0/0000 0:00 AM C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\[NAME].PSG\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\TEMPLATES\NORMAL.DOT [Body of email then follows] I use Word as Outlook editor and have a footer as part of my normal.dot in Word. The "footer" insertion recently started when we switched to Windows Server 2008. Any suggestions for stopping the "footer" appearing? It doesn't show when...

In 2003 is there a way to enable using MS Word as email editor...
I know you go into options to do it, but the only option I see is Word 2003, and that is grayed out. I have Office XP, and Office 2000. How do you enable Word as the email editor using either of those office suites? TIA, Eric You don't. Word 2003 is required. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111D0E75-A861-47FB-A31B-E694A2D822BC@microsoft.com... >I ...

error: "Starting Word as You E-mail Editor"
Any help is appreciated - thanks for reading this. All the messages I read under Microsoft Troubleshooting seem to reference deleting Word Viewer 97, but it doesn't seem to be loaded on my programs. Also, I have gone under Tools, Options, Mail Settings and the box "choose Word as your editor" is checked. Unfortunately, I cannot create any new messages, or even respond to those sent to me. I am about to pay for support but was hoping someone out there may have seen this problem before. Thanks, again! Did you look at this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

open Outlook 2002 draft message causes Word 2002 to hang on save
I have Word 2002 SP 3 with all patches and XP Home SP 2 with all patches. Several times a week, it hangs after I click the Save button and then I have to kill Word, thus causing me to lose information since my last auto-save. The problem only seems to happen when I also have Outlook 2002 running with an open draft message. I use Word as the email editor within Outlook. Here is how I can easily reproduce the problem: create a Word file and save it. Open a new message in Outlook with Word as the editor. You can leave the focus (cursor) in the To field of the message. Switch to the Word doc...

Macro for combining Word documents into one =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=97?= converting PC macro

Only friend classes can access function pointer declared in CWinApp?
I've declared a function pointer in the CWinApp derived class: class CTestDLLFunctionsApp : public CWinApp { friend class CTestDLLFunctionsView; public: << some code here >> typedef double (*tpfFatorial)(double); tpfFatorial fatorial; }; extern CTestDLLFunctionsApp theApp; And tryied to call this method in a CFormView derived class: void CTestDLLFunctionsView::OnBnClickedCalcFat() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here double nNumber; double CalcFat; nNumber = GetDlgItemInt(IDED_NUMBER); CalcFat = theApp.fatorial(nNumber); CString c...

Word as E-mail Editor #3
I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every time I click new email I get a message that says "Another program is trying to access E-mail..." and it give me a choice to cick Yes to allow or No. go to www.officeupdate.com that issue was fixed a while back (in Office 2000 i know for sure) "Emiliano Pedroza" <EPedroza@colliersparrish.com> wrote in message news:1d99d01c423d2$6d5b70b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every > time I click new email I get a message that says "Another > program is trying to...

Restrict access to shortcut bar?
I'm using GP 7.5. Is it possible to either 1) restrict access to the shortcut bar or 2) disable the use of "add external shortcut" from the shortcut bar? I've tried: Modifying the window and removing the shortcut to the shortcut bar. However, it still shows up when you move the mouse to the left side of the screen. denying insert and update permission on the dynamics..sy01900 table, but this didn't work because GP calls a system stored procedure which (i think) runs as dbo. I've even tried wiping the data from the above table every few seconds but it doesn't ...

merged cells and filter
I've been trying to list all my actors and their movies on an excel table... the problem is that some actors are in more than one movie. I would like to be able to have only one cell for the actor name but as many cells as there are movies. to do so, I tried to merge the cells... the problem is that if I do a filter by movie it's perfect, but if I do a filter by name, I only get the first movie, in addition, with the merge cells, I'm not able to sort the data anymore.. Does anyone know how to do it without reapiting the actor name thanks for your help Hi this is one of the proble...