using dates Part 2

Karl was great in helping me get to this point with dates, now I'm wondering
if we can take it 1 step further?

For Activity Dates prior to 2/1/2007 they are using a normal reporting year
and the formulas below take care of Activity dates >2/1/2007?

So for example prior to 2/1/2007
1/1/2006 would have a B_Qtr of 2006-1

1) B_Qtr - 2011-1 --- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "yyyy - q")
2) Year - 2011  ---- Year(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]))
3) Qtr - Q1  ---- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "q")

--
Thank you in advance!!!!

Excel Date Time to Unix Time
I have a field in Excel which is formatted as 4/21/2005 10:43 I am uploading this feild into mysql I need the datetime to be converted to unix time like 1116910800 any ideas? =TEXT( A1*86400-DATE(1970,1,1)*24*60*60,"0000000000") I have texted it as it is too long for an Excel number display -- HTH Bob Phillips "jnorton" <jnorton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F8DB49B-5D0C-4549-8F1E-0D2C64588A42@microsoft.com... > I have a field in Excel which is formatted as 4/21/2005 10:43 > I am uploading this feild into mysql I need the datetime to...

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

Uses for Screen OCR technology
I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it determines rather than estimates its results. The main advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as 6 point. It also works with both types of font smoothing. I have thought of a few different uses for this technology, I want to see if anyone here can come up with any more uses. -- Patented SeeScreen enables programs to see anything on the computer display screen www.SeeScreen.com ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Allow a contact to use its Account's addresses
Since contacts associated to an Account all use the same addresses, allow a contact to use its Account's addresses ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c809...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

inviting investors, students, entrepreneurs #2
http://garunar.wordpress.com/ PRIVATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE owned by students, entrepreneurs DIGITAL EARTHLINK CONNECTING ENTERPRISE EqUaL OPPORTUNITY RESEARCH/SCHOLARSHIP- MBA, BA, BSC, MPHIL., MRES. EDUTAINMENT Homemade Re-Defined WEALTH MANAGEMENT Jewels of Orient: Fast-track wisdom ECONOMIC INCUBATOR LIFETIME HEALTHCARE, online CLINIC & Ayurveda GLOBAL MARITIME/ LAND BUSINESS with over 16000 boutique luxury businesses including 8000 in Asia BEHAVIORAL FINANCE/CANCER THERAPY/ MULTICULTURAL vipassana CEOs, Glamour, Parties, Garunar schools offering microfinance DIGITAL EMPIRES FOR EMOT...

Outlook Client v 1.2 not working in offline mode
Hello, we have installed several CRM Outlook Clients, version 1.2, on the laptops of our salespeople. They are able to work online perfectly, and when going offline, synchronization seems to work, as well. However, after going offline and synchronizing, when they try to open any of the CRM folders, they get an "Access Denied" message (this does not happen in online mode!). I have adjusted the permissions on the UNC Snapshot share on the SQL server, and the Publication Access Lists on the SQL server, and still get the same errors (identical on all of the clients). Does anyone have a...

CONVERT TIME & TRIM DATE
I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.000, how do I have it display the date as 03-09-2007? Thanks. Specify the display format of the control or field: mm-dd-yyyy RENEE705 wrote: >I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format >our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am >finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. >The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.0...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Downloading Crystal report 9.2.2
Hi, I am trying to download and install Crystal report 9.2.2. I found a link in one of the postings ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip, but it seems like the link is no longer valid. Could anyone guide me to where else I can download Crystal Report 9.2.2? Thanks in advance, Alvin Hi Alvin, If you have a license for v9 you can get 9.2.2 by contacting BusinessObjects. They will validate your crystal 9 license then either send you 9.2.2 or give you a download location. You can download from the following location but you need login details - https://businessobj...

Deleting a store from HQ #2
We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. LAllison wrote: > We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, > and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go > about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql .. cod How would I delete just one of them?...

help with range lookup and date criteria
Hello, I have a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-cal through a number of days. My argument is: if the date value of B1 an C1 is within the current date, then repeat the value of A1 -- James Spaldin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James Spalding's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39088 hi, James ! > ... a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-call through a number of days. > ... argument is: if the date value ...

CFtpFileFind return null creation date
Hi All I am trying to list the URL and timestamp of some files on a server in a list box in a simple dialog using FTP. The code is as follows: void CFTPTestDlg::OnTest() { CListBox* pbox = (CListBox*)GetDlgItem(IDC_LB_FILES); pbox->ResetContent(); // Create session object to initialise libs CInternetSession sess(_T("My Test")); // Declare a FTPConnection CFtpConnection* pftpConn = NULL; try{ pftpConn = sess.GetFtpConnection("ftp.,mytestsite.co.uk", "mylogon","mypassword"); if (!pftpConn->SetCurrentDirectory("/Testdir/T...

extract year from Date Value
Good morning, Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such as this 11/20/2009? Thanks in advance, Mike With the Date in A1, place =YEAR(A1) in B1 Takeadoe wrote: > Good morning, > > Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such > as this 11/20/2009? > > Thanks in advance, > > Mike ...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...

Help with Date/Time Function
I am working with date/time functions trying to figure out how many hours were spent doing a job. I have a start time and a finish time. But I need to subtract out any time between five pm and six am and weekends from the times. These would be times that no one was actually working on the job. For example I have 4/5/2005 18:23 4/6/2005 17:04 Could someone give me a clue as to how this might be done? Thanks, Steve Monczka smonczka@hotmail.com It's not a trivial thing, here's an example http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm or here http://tinyurl.com/cbphn -- R...

How to combine contents of 2 outlook caledar folders back into onl
Trying to undo archiving of calendar "golfingsailor" <golfingsailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1447A0BF-070A-4AD5-B991-A9B4074C3C7E@microsoft.com... > Trying to undo archiving of calendar If it's not open already, open the archive PST (File>Open>Outlook Data File). Using either the Calendar or Folder List view of the Navigation Pane, open the calendar in the archive PST. Display that calendar in a table view like By Category or Events. Select all the items in the calendar by pressing Ctrl+A or select the ones you wish to re...

listview control display as a group #2

Past calendar dates losing their bolding
I know that the calendar has the current month, previous month and up to 10 months in the future to have the dates bolded if there are appointments there, but I have several clients who want more dates in the past - at least a year - to be bolded. Any way to do this? Mari (tulipmari.nospam@shaw.ca) remove the .nospam to respond to my email -- Sorry, no. it goes back just 2 months. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http:/...

MOP/SOP LINK #2
Hi, I created a new item and its fulfillment method is Make to Order-Manual. I created a sales order and a mfg order for this item. In GP 8.0, I opened the MOP/SOP Link window, only saw the MO on the right side for this item and the SO didn't show up on the left side. Did I miss any step to link MOP and SOP? What should I do, so the SO will show up in the left side? Thanks. stien Make sure the end date is set correctly, it must be out farther than the requested ship date on the SO (the default is the current date) also make sure you have a SITE ID in, even if you only have one s...

Check box and Command button code #2
This code will change the named range of cells yellow when the check box is checked and the command button is pressed which is what I want it to do, but when you check the check box, it will take the user over to my second worksheet named form where the range of cells are. I would like for it to wait to take them over after they press the command button because multiple check boxes will need to be checked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() If Me.CheckBox2.Value = False Then ...

Jetstress #2
Hi, Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break anything? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks, On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 04:09:02 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? Yes >I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. > >Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break ...