Use of normalised information

I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation
number, which i have normalised on company code.

In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number)
after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i
singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number)

I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and
since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers,
then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one
of the companies is a stock based)

The question is then, how do i secure that i get the right company code on a
phone number?

I like to put these information in another tabel, and from there update my
tabel where the phonenumber is key.

Hope that i have made my question clear, and that one of you can help me :D

Where I live phone numbers are frequently changed especially area codes.
Unless you know that a phone number will NEVER be changed, I would not use a
phone number as a primary key.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Ulto" wrote:

> I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation
> number, which i have normalised on company code.
>
> In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number)
> after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i
> singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number)
>
> I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and
> since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers,
> then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one
> of the companies is a stock based)
>
> The question is then, how do i secure that i get the right company code on a
> phone number?
>
> I like to put these information in another tabel, and from there update my
> tabel where the phonenumber is key.
>
> Hope that i have made my question clear, and that one of you can help me :D

I am making list for our telesales department, so the phone number only needs
to be "valid" a month or so, and it is not unusual that a surtain phone
number covers up to 10 uniqe organisations number, so when i make phone
number the key, then will i advoid the company beíng called by us 10 times.
But that means that i need to "sum" attribute on these ten companies, which
is what my current problem is about.

"Jerry Whittle" skrev:

> Where I live phone numbers are frequently changed especially area codes.
> Unless you know that a phone number will NEVER be changed, I would not use a
> phone number as a primary key.
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Ulto" wrote:
>
> > I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation
> > number, which i have normalised on company code.
> >
> > In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number)
> > after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i
> > singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number)
> >
> > I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and
> > since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers,
> > then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one
> > of the companies is a stock based)
> >
> > The question is then, how do i secure that i get the right company code on a
> > phone number?
> >
> > I like to put these information in another tabel, and from there update my
> > tabel where the phonenumber is key.
> >
> > Hope that i have made my question clear, and that one of you can help me :D

using info on cd instead of hard drive
I am uncomfortable keeping my MS$ info on my hard drive. I don't have any account #'s entered, and I do use a firewall & a/v updated, etc., but I'm a paranoiac I guess. Is it possible each time I run my MS Money 2004, to use/add to all the data from the backup CD instead of having it stored on my hard drive? If so, how would I do it? Just insert the CD and then enter/update my info and then backup to the same CD-RW? Thanks for any suggestions. I am not technologically advanced, so any help in layperson's simple babysteps would be most appreciated. In microsof...

Publisher 2003 websites problem when uploaded using Frontpage 2003
I work for a special school in the uk, we have a school website created and maintained using frontpage 2003. We have the children produce simple webpages using publisher 2003, these are then saved as an htm webpage, producing an .htm file and a folder containing images. When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the text but all the images are missing - Front page can not see the folders and does not FTP them, only the .htm files. Can any one help? AdamS wrote: > When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the > text but all...

FORMULA USING MASTER QTY
have a 12 month period where i enter a master qty per month not to exceed 6 (ie 1.3 = 9 units) how do i sum the period and have excel calculate the formula. ns what would that formula be? todd, I don't know about anyone else but I don't follow what it is you are asking. Can you give more details and possibly a (text) example. -- Regards Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1450E1A-1C25-48EA-A125-45AA529222C0@microsoft.com... > have a 12 month period where i enter...

Month to Date information
I am using a table that has the Date as the Primary key. I have built a userform that shows the various related Revenues that occured on that date, but I would like to show Month-to-Date information on that as well, i.e., if the current date being viewed is 20 July 2007, I would like the month-to-date add up all of the revenues from 01 July through 20 July. If I'm viewing 31 Aug 2007, I would like the revenues to add up 01-31 August. I am very new to Access,(so new, in fact, I have the "Dummy Book"), so dumb it down if you can. Thanks so much! This will give you all b...

Password different using RetrieveGlobals
Hi, I'm experiencing a weird problem when using RetrieveGlobals. The connection string from retrieveuserinfo is showing totally different password from what I used to login so I can't the connection to run any queries. The only account in which the password match is for "sa" account but not if I login using any other valid accounts. Have anyone experienced this issue and/or know a solution? TIA John. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D6BE0B7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi John I am assuming that you are using Retrieveglobals.dll with Great Plai...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

Lost folders in hotmail after using Outlook Connector
I downloaded outlook connector and all of my hotmail items transferred to my outlook fine. However, I just noticed that all of my folders from hotmail were also synched to outlook, and have disappeared from hotmail. I still have the emails in my outlook (2007), however I really need to synch the emails back into my hotmail account - as there are folders on there that I cannot lose so that's why I stick with hotmail - to have web-based storage for these emails should something ever happen to my laptop. How can I get these folders to appear back into my hotmail account? I p...

Example of use WM_PRINTCLIENT and getting bitmap from invisible wnd
Hi, I had take a look to other post about this argoument, but I can't bitBlit ( or something similar ) the content of a window into another when the first is partially or completly invisible. I've succesfully grab the WM_PRINTCLIENT message in this way: ........... //{{AFX_MSG(CTest_Dlg) virtual BOOL OnInitDialog(); afx_msg LRESULT OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP() //}}AFX_MSG ................. .......... LRESULT CTest_Dlg::OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { HDC const hDC =(HDC) wParam; CDC *const pDC = CDC::FromH...

using check boxes in excel
how do i simplfy size and centering of check boxes on multiple columns? Hi Tommy, Something like this may get you going. Used macro recorder and then tweaked the code. Sub BoxesAway() Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Dim k As Integer j = 1.5 k = 1 For i = 1 To 5 ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(j, 10.25, 24, 17.25).Select Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 1.91, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft Selection.Characters.Text = "Howard" & k j = j + 48 k = k + 1 Next Range("A1").Select End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Tommy" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Use of Parntheses in Expressions
Hello, I am fairly new to Access and Excel. I am trying to write a formula/expression, but I think my problem is as simple as having the parenthese in the wrong place. The formula I have currently is as follows: Sum(((IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]="CPM",[TPImpressions]/1000*[Mapping]![Price],IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]="CPC",[TPClicks]*[Mapping]![Price],[TPConv]*[Mapping]![Price]))))*[Mapping]![Eye Engage Cost]))))) I basically want the SUM(IF part to be evaluated first and then multiply the result by [Mapping]![Eye Engage Cost] at the end. Currently, the formula abo...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

is there a template to use pc as cash register
i am just trying to figure it all out and cant seem to get it to do it properly so i was hoping someone already worked out all the bugs and have a template ...

How do i select different cells to be use in a formula.
Hi I need to know how to select different cells to be used in a formula, but i don't know what is the separator that i need to use to this, see the example bellow Cells that i need to include on my formula: A1 C5 BH32 Thanks. Hi you didn't mention what formula but here's a starting point: =AVERAGE(A1,C5,BH32) or depending on your regional settings =AVERAGE(A1;C5;BH32) hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A855A562-725C-4B10-B111-A88F7A767122@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know ho...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Use the correction package
--jbughcysxtlv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euikrxuqdlkz"; type="multipart/alternative" --euikrxuqdlkz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="filxxywwowb" --filxxywwowb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these v...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet #3
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

create defined name using variable file name in reference
please help in create defined name EXAMPLe: create name : ACCPath ---- Referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[externa work book.xlsx]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) this works I NEED to put (external work book.xlsx) in a cell and refere to it as variable in the referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[&U2&]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) where U2 having the file name because it is changing meny times Activeworkbook.Names.Add Name:="ACCPath", RefersTo:= "=" & Activesheet.Range("U2").Value2 --- HTH Bob Phillips "hala" <hala@discussions.mi...

Using Hyperlinks #2
I have a workbook with approx. 100 separate sheets (1 for eac customer). Is there any way of setting up an introductory screen tha would allow a user to select a customer from a drop down list, tha would automatically move them to the appropriate worksheet. (eg. I customer aa1 is selected excel would automtically move to a given cel reference on worksheet aa1). Thanks in advance. Dere -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/listnames.html "derekm >" <<derekm.168o10@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messag...

Using Percent
I am setting up payroll, in the first cell is gross wages, the next cell calculates gross wages by 6.2%. =product(K5,6.2%)Each pay period is a row, so at the end of the month I have the totals for each column, however, when the column adds the numbers in the cells that calculated the gross wages by 6.2% it is off by a penny. Not all the time is it off, just here and there. I have tried using .062 instead of the percent sign and no luck there. Thanks for any help!! -- Traci =ROUND(PRODUCT(K5,6.2%),2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200774 "Traci" wrote: > I am setti...

Using mso-application in Internet Explorer
Hi all, Based on this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mso-application&hl=en&lr=&selm=6n%23mkFJREHA.3744%40cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl&rnum=8 And by doing a bit of reverse engineering how InfoPath is doing it I manage to make my XML files opened in my App instead of the default XML editor by adding the <?mso-application progid="My.App"?> This works beautifully in Windows Explorer, but I can't get IE to work the same. I mean when you click a link to an InfoPath document in IE, it opens InfoPath, however if I click on a link to my App it renders it in ...

Re: Using Text Styles

How to..use worksheet form and save data to an Excel list
I'm using Excel 2003. Is is possible to create a worksheet form where the user enters data, saves the data and the data is then saved to the last row in an Excel list? Once the data is saved by the end user, I would like the form to refresh so that the end user can continue entering additional data. Does anyone know of any documentation or examples I could review regarding the above as I have never done this before? TIA. Maybe just Data|Form would be sufficient. If that doesn't fit your needs, look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform...