Use of date/time

I am using MS Office 2007. I have a query using Now() for the date/time. When
I generate the run-time version on my machine, it worked fine. However, when
the same application is generated on another machine with Office 2003, the
application failed with a run-time error when the query is executed. Am I
missing certain library which I need to include when generating the run-time
package?

--
Anthony

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:07:01 -0800, Anthony Ching
<AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using MS Office 2007. I have a query using Now() for the date/time. When
>I generate the run-time version on my machine, it worked fine. However, when
>the same application is generated on another machine with Office 2003, the
>application failed with a run-time error when the query is executed. Am I
>missing certain library which I need to include when generating the run-time
>package?

This appears to be the very common References bug.  Open any
module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
..DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.

If none are MISSING, check any reference; close and open
Access; then uncheck it again. This will force Access to
relink the libraries. The Date() and Now() functions are very vulnerable to
this error; if *ANY* library is missing, they may well fail.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Convert Date YYYYMMDD
Hi All, I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. How do I do this? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Format([YourDateField], "yyyymmdd") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. > > How do I do this? > > Thanks > Matt > > -- >...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

Error while synchronizing with net time server
Vista Ultimate SP2 I just noticed that my machine will not synchronize with any of the Internet time servers. It's set to do so automatically, but I see an error saying "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with [server name]. This happens is I try to sync manually, and it happens with all server (i.e. time.windows.com, time.nist.gov, time-a.nist.gov, time-b.nist.gov, time-nw.nist.gov). Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Ken Isaacson wrote: > Vista Ultimate SP2 > > I just noticed...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

COUNTIFS with a date for criteria...
I want to count all the entries in column N that occurred between a range of dates specified in the other criteria. The dates are obviously in column B. I use this currently- COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",Data!B:B,">=1/1/2009",Data!B:B,"<=2/28/2009") However, I use this similar function in multiple cells, all counting different attributes. Rather than going into each cell and changing the search dates, I wanted a criteria to be a variable that can be entered into a different set of cells... like this. COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",D...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Roundin specific input time
Please, I need me. I built a time management database and would like to round specific times up or down. For example whenever someone in time is between 7:16am to 7:33am, I would like it rounded to 7:30am, in times between 8:16am to 8:33am to 8:30am and all other in times around thoses ranges not to be rounded. I have some individuals reporting at 7:30am and some at 8:30am, would prefer the code to also round 8:16am to 8:33am as 8:30am as well. Out time ranges between 4:00pm and 4:10pm round to 4:00pm and ranges 5:00pm to 5:10pm rounded to 5:00pm and all other in times around thoses ran...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Use of InstallShield
Hi, I have got InstallShield with VC++, and I would like to use it to create a setup for various types of project, e.g. a game, activeX control, etc. However the project wizard only allows you to choose an .exe, and it makes you choose between 'database application', 'finance application', etc. What if my product isn't an .exe, say it's an .ocx, or what if it isn't one of these predefined types of program? I've no idea on where to start with the blank project option. I added my .ocx to the 'components' view and then tried pressing Ctrl+F5, but a...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

Converting current date to Julian Date
Does anyone know a simple function for converting the current date to a julian date. So Jan 1 would be 1 and Dec 31 would be 365 (except in leap year, of course). -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Thats not really julian date. But if you want the day of year, use COleDateTime::GetDayOfYear(). If you are really looking for julian date which is the number of days since January 1, 4713 BC and today is 2453416.14309 here is a site with a formula to calucate it. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/JulianDate.html AliR. "Ed Fultz&...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

Trouble with dates on a chart
I have 3 columns of data. Column A = dates, Column B = number corresponding to Column A, and Column C = other numbers correspondin to Column A. The dates in Column A have gaps. For example, they are September 1986 October 1987 November 1987 January 1990 When I attempt to create a bar chart with the dates as the X axis Excel fills in the missing dates in the X axis. This causes a proble because there are no data corresponding to the additional dates, so m chart is out of scale. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ri...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

create a month column from date column
I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy format. what i would like to have is another column that takes that information and gives me the month in word format and the year in number format. so for example: if e2= 05/07/2009 i would like to have f2= May 2009 is that possible? if so, How do I do that? your help will be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance In F2, enter: =E2 and format F2 as Custom > mmmm yyyy -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jcontrer" wrote: > I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy fo...

Connecting internal ide HDD to Vista PC using caddy
I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with another XP machine and it is recognised. can I get the Vista PC to recognise it? Also with the various user folders one of them ( I guess it's because it had a password on the original machine) won't allow access. Is there a way of accessing these files? Trevor wrote: > I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC > via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with > another XP machine ...

Thesaurus takes long time to load
When working in Word and trying to use the Thesaurus it is now taking a long time for the Thesaurus pane to open up to use. What could be causing this and what would the solution be to fix it? Microsoft Word 2003 SP 3 ...

Control Code to set a Date
My Combo Box [cbOwnerName] has a Row Source [qPayableTotalForPayment] which has 9 Columns in combo box the last Column being [My Date]MyDate: Format([MaxOfBillDate],"d-mmm-yy") I want to code my Button to Change the date in [tbStartDate] to the date im [cbOwnerName] once selected I click Button to give that date in [tbStartDate] Thanks for any help.........Bob Hi Bob, If I am understanding correctly this should solve your problem. "OnClick" event Sub Command1_Click() Dim x as string x = me.cbOwnerName.Column(8) me.tbStartDate = x End Sub HTH, Nick "Bob V&q...

excel 2000
I recently read a posting about being able to control the tab key t jump to any specified cell by using a named range... this is great! I it possible to do the same thing using text boxes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

returning dates in a query
I have a database which has two tables of interest. One table ("demographics") contains a single row per patient and the date that therapy was completed. another table ("followup") contains several rows of followup data for any given patient, with different information available for each date of followup. I want to write a simple query which returns a table that excludes any followup information within 6 months of completion of therapy. I know that the expression builder can be used to write something like: >[demographics]![date_of_completion] in the followup_d...

only allow one enititly to execute code at a time
I have a function that MUST be executed on its own, i.e. there cannot be multiple calls to the function, when the function is executing, another call to it must wait for the 1st call to return first. (if that makes sence). I have tried to do this by placing a BOOL value that is set to true when the function is entered, and false when the function exits, and check ing the value before the calls, but some how, it is still allowing multiple instances of execution. Is there any other way to stop this? I have several threads that all call this function and sometimes they overlap causeing the pro...

how to do time zone adjustment?
Hi, Any class in mfc that I can use to perform time zone adjustment? THanks. Raymond. news.ms.com <ryiu@marinemagnetics.com> wrote in message news:eLQt4SMlDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Any class in mfc that I can use to perform time zone adjustment? THanks. Depending on how much time zone adjustment you want, ie, truly international, a few lines of code should suffice. There are some complications when dealing with the U.S. where some states don't observe DST, so timezone differences are 'different' during different times of year. All of this is p...