USe a Parameter query

I have a simple query that I wish to use to search for titles of Music CD's.
I wish to establish a parameter query that will allow the  user to enter a
word and the query looks for that word in the title.  I have lried .....Like
*[Enter the word]* in the query designand various combinations in between but
to no avail.  Can it be done
Thanks
George

try to use under the "Title filed "

Like "*" & ["Enter the Word" ] & "*"

so it can filter that word out of your database.

"George" wrote:

> I have a simple query that I wish to use to search for titles of Music CD's.
> I wish to establish a parameter query that will allow the  user to enter a
> word and the query looks for that word in the title.  I have lried .....Like
> *[Enter the word]* in the query designand various combinations in between but
> to no avail.  Can it be done
> Thanks
> George

Use of Clip Art
Are there copyright restrictions on the use of clip art that is included with Publisher? For example, I would like to use it on my web site (I am a Realtor). Read the EULA, pay close attention to section 1.2 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx Some help here as well http://www.microsoft.com/permission/copyrgt/cop-img.htm Generally speaking you can use the images freely if you don't incorporate them into your logo or re-sell them as part of a collection. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lupita Maki"...

Query Help 01-29-08
I need some help with a query that I am trying to create. I have 2 table that hold a time field. SELECT tbl_Sears_FAD_File_MinTime_Date.FFSL_ACCOUNT_NUMBER FROM tbl_Sears_FAD_File_MinTime_Date INNER JOIN tbl_Sears_FDR_Dec07_ClientDefined ON (tbl_Sears_FAD_File_MinTime_Date.AUTHDATE = tbl_Sears_FDR_Dec07_ClientDefined.[Action Date]) AND (tbl_Sears_FAD_File_MinTime_Date.FFSL_ACCOUNT_NUMBER = tbl_Sears_FDR_Dec07_ClientDefined.Account); I need to find out the time difference between the time in my FAD file and the time in my FDR file. The account and date information should be the same ...

Using Between...And with General Date
I am trying to query all records created between given dates. The field, DtRecCrt, is a general date field that is set to =Now() whenever the records are created. However, when I run the query and have the criteria for DtRecCrt set to "between [start date] and [end date]," it will return records up to but not including the end date specified. How do I make the query include records created on the end date? Thanks On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:08:04 -0700, mewins wrote: > I am trying to query all records created between given dates. The field, > DtRecCrt, is a gen...

Inability to use links
When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I post the same link in Explorer, it works fine... the web site appears as advertised. I assume that the assocaition between IE and Outlook is broken but I don't know how to fix. Some hints on how to fix would be appreciated. Bruce Are you looking in the preview screen? If you actually open the message it should then become active. You might also have to hold ctrl when you click it. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I >post the same link in Explorer, it works ...

sorting using macro
I created a series of macros that sort my spreadsheet by a different column heads as needed, and assigned them to buttons, so I can sort by those column when I want to by just clicking. It works fine, until I go and do something else in the sheet, like highlight a range of data for printing. After that, the macro fails and when I click debug, Below is one of the macros that sorts the column headed by names (names is in A1)Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance. Ross Sub sortnames() ' ' sortnames Macro ' Macro recorded 9/14/2005 by ross D ' ' S...

Conditional formatting using OR() & AND()
I am trying to find a formula to use for condition formatting. I trie using this, but I know my formula is messed up/ not formatted right. used: =OR(N4<>0,P4<>0) AND(X4="Y",R4<>0) I want the formula to say: Apply conditional formatting if: X4=Y and R4<>0 AND either N4 OR P4 is <>0 (but not both--it's not possible for both cell to have an entry.) So, in total I am looking for 3 cells in order to apply conditiona formatting. Can anyone help? Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelT...

Challenge using SQL
To first explain, we have a server that contains 5.5 million records of financial accounts (I work for a debt collection agency). Some people may have records with multiple debts with different banks (or whatever). Some of these duplicates will contain phone numbers and what I need to do is populate records with no phone numbers from the matched duplicates. I have imported 40,000 records into a stand-alone access database to do some testing. I have created a duplicates query and create a new column that classifies valid and non valid phone numbers. But where do I go from there ... any...

Rota spreadsheet
Hope someone can help as I'm at a total loss. I've got a rota that shows all personnel details, with shift patterns: 9am - 3pm 8am - 4pm 10pm - 4am etc (shift patterns subject to change and are individual) I have a column that shows them 'clocked on' and another for 'clocked off'. Now for legal purposes I need to know who is 'on' at regular intervals: 7 am 7.10 am 7.20 am 7.30 am so thinking logically I'd say if for the 7 am count if they are 'clocked in' but not 'clocked off' then count that person but I can't seem to find the r...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Fast query but slow listbox
Hi everybody. I have a query that works on linked tables from two distinct backends (SQL Server and MySQL) and is very fast to fetch data, about 2" to be executed. In a form this query act as rowsource for a listbox. The problem is that when I try to open the form, it takes about 20" to populate the listbox. There are 7 columns. I've made several test and I'm quite sure the problem is in the GUI that manages the listbox. Watching with task manager and a network traffic monitor the form opening process, in the first 2" since the double click on the form the network tra...

Date check on query
I'm trying to write a query that looks at a particular date field to see if the record should be included in my counts. In most cases, this field is blank, and is only filled in on certain cases. I want my query to look at records where the value is not null and between the start and stop date for the report. I tried Is not null and > start date and < stop date But it gives me a data mismatch error. Suggestions? Thanks Jeff Jeff wrote: >I'm trying to write a query that looks at a particular date field to >see if the record should be included in my counts. In most c...

combining two queries
I have a query that finds the running sum of Inventory using the dsum function. I have another query that finds the running sum of Accounts Receivable again using the same method. I have a list box on a form showing the data based on the inventory running sum query. I would like this list box to have the AR data in it also. Is this possible? Tom, I'm assuming that what you mean by a running Inventory and running Accounts Recievable is that these queries have a date field, and sum some other field (or combination of fields) for all values before that date, for a particular produ...

Updating a passthrough query's connect string
If I use DAO to update the Connect setting for a QueryDef for a SQL Passthrough query, what do I need to do to ensure that the new connect string is used and available in the code that follows? Currently, the only way that I can get this change to "stick" is to either manually change the setting or close/re-open Access. As I have thousands of external databases to attach to (the same tasks are performed on each of these), neither of these is an option. If I use QueryDefs.Refresh or something similar, it doesn't seem to make any difference - the change is not in...

Using Tab Control in Dialogs?
Hello, I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. Thanks in advance. Sadjad Fouladi wrote: > Hello, > I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab > control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property > sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. > > Thanks in advance. For each page, create a modeless dialog template and class. Turn off t...

Publisher 2003-How does one learn how to use it?
I'm disgusted with Microsoft. I purchased Microsoft 2003 with digital imaging expecting to find manuals on how to use the product. There was a manual for the digital imaging, but none for Publisher. How does one learn how to use Publisher, through osmosis? Not including an operating manual is like going into a restaurant and ordering your meal only to find out the restaurant doesn't supply silverware. Does anyone know ehere I can get a manual or training? I appreciate your responses. Ron strange you think Microsoft would care about what you think. Ron Publisher up to version...

To Record in Form View from Query
I have a query run from FORM view using a button. To view records associated with parameters built in the query. I would like to select the record and view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there. Is it possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or something along those lines?! -- DrewBe Hi, people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the record there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens the second form with only the re...

Add number of used rows to footer?
Is it possible to add the number of used rows to a spreadsheet's footer? I have a basic list in Excel 2000. the number of rows in the list changes weekly, and I would like to find a simple way to: 1 - Count the number of rows in the current list (minus the header row) 2 - Display this number in the footer of the printed spreadsheet. If anyone can help with either of these, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, E If there are no embedded blank cells in column A, you can get a count of the filled rows (minus the header) with the formula =COUNTA(A:A) - 1 To put that number in a footer, you nee...

Clip Art Searches
Why can't I use more then one word to search in clip art? For example, I want to find "Christmas Border" but I can only search for "Christmas" or seperately for "Border" both of which turn up 100+ pages. There are Christmas borders out there but I am forced to go through 100's of pages to find them. Select Special Occasions in the categories, input Christmas or borders, there aren't that many Christmas borders. There is an options link on the clipart page on the right top, click it and select 48, this will help. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...

Querying Dates
Hello, I have a query with information in it and then one of the fields is a date field. I would like to further query it so that it only takes the information for the people that are before a certain date. Everything after that date I dont want. For ex: name address date Jane Doe Whatever St. 12/3/08 Doe Jane Who Knows St 12/15/09 I would like to quere out the people that have a date before 12/10/09. I tried when I do my query to just put under the date field <12/10/09, but that didnt work for some reason. It's seems sim...

Importing queries from Access into Outlook
Hi there, It is possible to import a query in an access file into outlook to create more defined groups? If so, please could you let me know how. Thanks a mil Athena ...

Not able to get private appointments programaticaly using Outlook 2002
We currently have Outlook 2002 and shared a resource calendar to his/her manager. The manager can see the time blocked for the resource's private appointments. But when we get the appointments programaticaly using MAPIFolder and DAppointmentItem objects using a C++ programm we are not able to get the private appointments. We used to get the appointments using Outlook 98 and by checking the Sensitivty value we were able to identify it as a private appointment Thanks, Aresh ...

We can't use a public folder, we can see it?
I have created a Group mailing folder in 'All public folders', set the permissions for my colleagues. they can see the folder on the navigation page, but cannot see it in the list when they create a new email, why? We are using 2007. Is this a Contacts folder? You'll have to add it to your Public Folder Favorites first. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/292 After that, you can configure the properties of the Contacts folder to show as an Outlook Address Book. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Within CRM, use Outlook, instead of the standard e-mail-activity
From within CRM, is it possible to open Outlook on ALL new e-mail activities in CRM (instead of using the default web-based form) ? The default web-based form is great, however I'd perfer to use Outlook itself, for all my mails. I know, I can start a new mail from outlook and assisgn it to a CRM-object from within the Outlook-client. However, since we have a lot of contacts and accounts, we often find a contact, by selecting the account first, or else by usage of the Advanced Search feature. Therefore, I'd like to start this mail from within CRM itself, but then use Outlook, in...

Using anonymous e-mail address
I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups. My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous address, too. How can I emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your IDs appear as "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address intact for e-mail. Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win XP Home PC. Thanks in advance. Joseph, The email address that you see that are ma...