Update Query - 155397

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, in the query design window, how can I update a list
of number to +1 from the final number in the list

TIA
Lez

0
lez

I'm assuming you mean the original value + 1?

Try something like:
Make your query an update query. In the updatefield..

[YourUpdateField]+1

Where yourupdatefield = your field that needs updating. Be sure it's a field
and it's placed between square brackets otherwise all fields will be updated
with the text "YourUpdateField+1". Anyway a backup would be a great thing to
make just before you run this query...

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"lez" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Just a quick question, in the query design window, how can I update a list
> of number to +1 from the final number in the list
>
> TIA
> Lez

How item cost are computed when selecting Weighted Average cost update method
When item on-hand quantity goes positive, it's all right with the (Beginning inventory cost + Current purchase cost) / (Beginning inventory units + Current purchase units) formula. But I am just curious when on-hand quantity goes negative or zero, will RMS still computed item cost with the formula above? Assume that we have in stock 3 hammers that cost $10.00 each, then we sale 6 hammers at POS, and we then order 6 more hammers that cost $12.00 each. Any ideas? and we then order 3 more hammers that cost $12.00 each. NOT 6. "Kaibin" <kaibin@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

Querying Great Plains
I apologize for asking an "operational" question, but I'm trying to get a running start without much Great Plains experience. I'm testing out Great Plains for an implementation for an investment firm. There are appoximately 400 invested partners in the fund, so I've set up about 38 Income and Expense Accounts as Fixed Allocation accounts, with each of these "parent" accounts allocating to 400 (investor) "child" accounts (esentially I want to divide up the income and expense between the 400 partners). My allocation is based on the sum of their cumulat...

V9.0 Mass Deployment/Auto-Update
We are currently using terminal services and considering a move to a standard install, but feel the Mass Deployment option is not as robust as we had hoped, especially since may third party solutions do not have a mass deploy option. Has any one used the mass deploy method or the Auto Update feature? Was is successful? I've used it to install the base GP client. As you said, you still have to hit each machine for third-party applications. Why are you considering a move to a standard install? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Babette" wrote: > We are currently using termina...

How can i update item cost based on Supplier cost and MPQ.
Each time supplier changes their price we have to manually change the supplier cost field and than calculate items cost . We have MPQ set for each item under suppliers so the calculations is rather simple but would help if it could be done automatically. Items cost=supplier cost /mpq Anyone knows of a way to run this as SQL or any other form, I would like too run this based on either department or supplier thanks you Robert In Store Operations Manager do the following File, Configuration, Options, Purchase Order options, ensure "Update supplier cost and tax rate from Purchase O...

XPath Query problem with Namespace
I am triing to query the following xml document. I am loading the xml into a XML Document and then using XPath to get the EntityDataSet Node Here is my code XMLDoc = new System.Xml.XmlDocument(); if (this.m_FileLocation != null && this.m_FileLocation.Length > 0) XMLDoc.Load(this.m_FileLocation); else { throw new System.IO.FileNotFoundException("File can not be found", this.m_FileLocation); } //Locate Root System.Xml.XmlNodeList rootList = XMLDoc.SelectNodes("//EntityDataSet"); //This returns nothing If I remvoe the xmlns attribute of EntityTree...

Trying to Siplify a Query in MS Access 2003
I am a real Novice to MS Access 2003. I am trying to create a query to populate a form to be used as a subform in another form. I have created the form that use a table view of the a table. But would like to be able to use text boxes to view the data. I do not know if I should change the table designs that I am currently using. Here is what I have. 1. t_Contacts Table: ContactTabID (Autonumber) ContactID (Text value) FirstName (Text value) LastName (Text value) Birthdate (Date/Time value) ContactTabID ContactID FirstName LastName Birthdate 001 DonDuck ...

American Express Updates Not working
I am unable to recieve all of my new transactions from Amex. I can download some of the older ones but the latest transactions do not come in whether I try from within Money or go to the Amex site and push the file from there. I have tried the disable/enable route that worked for me when I had the same issue with Citi and that does not help. Suggestions? "Doodlebug" wrote: > I am unable to recieve all of my new transactions from Amex. I can download > some of the older ones but the latest transactions do not come in whether I > try from within Money or go to the Amex...

Update to Chapter 15 of the CRM Implemetation Guide
This is an update to the chapter talking about deploying CRM on Small Business Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=DDBB17DC-FE7F-4309-B03B-1FC1C4EB6A97&displa sorry full link is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=DDBB17DC-FE7F-4309-B03B-1FC1C4EB6A97&displaylang=en "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:uJuMcqLVEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > This is an update to the chapter talking about deploying CRM on Small > Business Server 2003 > > http://www...

I need to update an Excel table daily
My question is....and I am not sure it is possible.....but here goes....I have a table that needs to be reviewed everyday. It is one of those tables that needs to track the number of days left before a certain event happens. My question is.....is it possible to have excel update that particular column each time I open the spreadsheet? Meaning, if I open the spreadsheet today, November 11th is there a formula that will allow Excel to calculate the number of days left ? ie (event date minus current date equalling number of days left) does that even make sense? Not with a formula I dont ...

Summary pages on Reports Query
Good morning, I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with, I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the week of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a date) All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that just shows totals for the week e.g Week 11 = 200 Week 12 = 340 Week 13 = 300 but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is run there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will always be 3 weeks in the report I could use if week equal x...

"This Recordset is not updateable"
I cannot make data changes to a query or its attached form. When I attempt to change a field there is a sound and a message appears in the lower left, "This Recordset is not updateable." How did this come about and what do I need to do to be able to update data again? Jay, There are a number of factors that determine whether a query's data set is updateable. For example, the nature of the relationships between the tables in the query, the presence of aggregate functions in the query, etc. If you would care to post the SQL view of the query here, someone will be able...

Money 2001
Hi all. After an unrelated drive issue which resulted in an XP reinstall, I reinstalled my reliable old Microsoft Money 2001 (some OEM version from a Works bundle I had from long ago).. I don't update my account info online, nor do I use Money much for anything other than balancing my own accounts by hand. After the reinstall, everything works OK, however one of my account balances within the register is incorrect; yes, only incorrect when I display Unreconciled Transactions - this IS a known issue and the last time I reinstalled Money 2001 (back in ... uh.. 2004? 2005?) a quick ...

use a results in a Query to compare with information in a table
This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for that time. Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced per hour. This is all good but now I need it to compare the “part number” returned in the Query with the “part number” in the Parts table and compare the “parts per hour produced” with the “parts per hour estimated” and return as % efficient. How do I that information from the parts table? Thanks for any help. Access 2007 We're not there, we can't see your...

Microsoft Outlook Email Security Update?
Hi, I have Office 2000 Pro running on Windows 2000 Pro, both of which are always kept up to date patch-wise. Recently I installed Outlook 2002 and ever since I receive a message informing me that the Microsoft Outlook Email Security Update is not installed, and that I should install it before proceeding with Office Updates. My problem is that I can't find anything relating to it on the WindowsUpdate, OfficeUpdate or Microsoft.com sites - what is this thing and where can I find it? D ...

query to delete all items in a department
i imported thousands of items using RR import utility that had wrong look up codes. i can tell becuase those items are never sold. i can re imort all those items and put them in a same department or supplier called delete. how can i delete all the items in a department or supplier. i dont want to mess up my db. please help hi Manos, before you do so backup your database Then go to SO Admin | File Connect the Db | Then go to Query and click New: run the below query one by one delete from supplierlist from department,item where item.departmentid=department.id and item.id=supp...

Updating 09 Spreadsheet to 2010
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a complicated 2009 spreadsheet. Except for the data, all the formulas and column and row headings will be identical for 2010. Now that the spreadsheet is complete, is there an easier way to use it as a template for 2010 then to save as 2010, then manually delete all the data entries leaving everything else intact? <br> Thanks in advance, <br> Alan There's no "easy" way as far as being able to just copy/paste or Save As everything but the values you don't want to retain. ...

Update Bank Balance
I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I download transactions from my bank. The downloaded balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This makes reconciling impossible. What could be wrong, or what configuration(s) do I need to set? In microsoft.public.money, PJ wrote: >I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the >Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I >download transactions from my bank. The downloaded >balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This >makes reconciling imposs...

Any1 know how-to create the input file needed for the Exchange DST Update Tool?
I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to produce an input file in the following format: User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF You would think the script would produce an output in the same format to use for the update... You are running MSEXTMZ in "Time Zone Extraction" Mode? (That is the mode that creates the TAB delimited TZ file) The account you are running under has correct permissions (Full mailbox access and Send As)? What does your .ini file look like? <slerche@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171639396.9825...

RE: Look at these update for MS Internet Explorer
--gmdfzanwsqul Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jadnkptrcrn"; type="multipart/alternative" --jadnkptrcrn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sduhxptki" --sduhxptki Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the s...

USe a Parameter query
I have a simple query that I wish to use to search for titles of Music CD's. I wish to establish a parameter query that will allow the user to enter a word and the query looks for that word in the title. I have lried .....Like *[Enter the word]* in the query designand various combinations in between but to no avail. Can it be done Thanks George try to use under the "Title filed " Like "*" & ["Enter the Word" ] & "*" so it can filter that word out of your database. "George" wrote: > I have a simple query that I w...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

Optimizing query
I have a query where the execution plan is showing a table scan with 32% cost. I have tried to put indexes on pretty much all the fields and still get the same result. The predicate from the Query Analysers execution plan for this table is: [dbo].[REVIEWER].[EnvironmentID]=[@EnvironmentID] AND ([@NameChoice] IS NULL OR CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')<>'' THEN ([dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName]+', ')+[dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName] ELSE CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')='' THEN [dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName] ...

concatenating fields for links in queries
hey all, i would like to link a PolicyNumber field concatenated w a field called INVSUB to a PolicyNumber field in another table. can i do that or do i have to create another field and update it to [PolicyNumber] & [INVSUB]? here is the FROM section of SQL code. i would like to concatenate ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] w ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[INVSUB] "FROM ALLCOMPANIESDATA INNER JOIN qryCPRackleyRecords ON ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] = qryCPRackleyRecords.[Policy Number]" TIA Ted You can join on a calculated value, however you cannot build this type of query using the Design view...

Reference page header to query parameters
How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that you selected in your query? For example, I have two calculated fields in my final query based on two other queries. The two other queries contain the parameters. The parameters are for month, year and quarter. So if I answer my parameters like: Month1: 2 Year1: 2010 Qtr1: 1 Month2: 1 Year2: 2010 Qtr: 1 I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my report’s page header: Feb 2010 Qtr1 Jan 2010 Qt1 I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work. I’ve wast...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...