Update query - 146836

I have two tables with all most the same information. How can I update from
one table to another
using an update query. I am trying to replace missing data from one table to
another.

0
Floyd

What kind of results did you get? This generally requires the tables be
joined on the primary keys from the tables.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Floyd Forbes" wrote:

> I have two tables with all most the same information. How can I update from
> one table to another
> using an update query. I am trying to replace missing data from one table to
> another.

Order in query is lost in report
I have a subreport which is based on a query. When I run the query it delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested. When I run the (sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending. Any clues or do I need to post more specifics? Thank you, Jon Use Sorting & Grouping in your report at design time. There is a button on your menu bar that will present you with a dialog similar to setting indexes on a table. Steve -- Steve McGuire MCSD, MCAD, MCP "Jon Geiger" wrote: > I have a subreport which is based on a query. When I run the query it &g...

How To Update Enhanced USB Drivers WITHOUT Freezing/Locking Up Sys
Hello: I have been encountering this annoying problem and I would appreciate anyone's help in working around it. I have been building and updating several systems, including updating system bios, chipsets, etc. Whenever I update an enhanced USB controller driver (as part of an Intel-based chipset), if the system is using a USB-based keyboard or USB-based mouse, those specific devices freeze up/stop running. Unless the system is using a PS-2-based keyboard or a PS-2-based mouse, I have to do a "hard" shutdown, to restart the system and get the newer enhanced U...

Update Query basic
I have Table1 with field Track, I want to update with info from field Track in Table2 add both tables to design view field track but don't know what to put in update too. Am missing something here - hope you can help. Want to eventually use this to update adress fields from one table to another with EmpID connecting each. UPDATE table2 INNER JOIN table1 ON table2.ItemID= table1.itemID SET table2.UnitPrice = table1.UnitPrice would update the unit price of table2 with the unit price coming from table1, for the same itemID (ie, the APPLE unit price won't be updated by the ORANGE ...

Stock Price Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is there any way to get stock price (China market) updated in Money 2003 = via MSN's service? If the service is not available with MSN, can Money = 2003 be set to connect the third party service provider to online-update = China market's stock price, and anyone know these providers? if any. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" ...

query tables
i have inherited a database w/ o documentation & noone to tell me its history. I have a query that shows 2 tables: "A" and "B" Table A has several fields, B only 2. The tables are joined on these 2 fields. 3 fields called for the query, all from table a. When i run the query i get data. But where is this data coming from? I can find no Table A or B; i can find no query A or B. I am stumped. Can anyone help me? Could be a few things. For example A and B are queries and not tables. Whoops! You already eliminated that. Make sure to scroll left and right on the d...

using MS Query with iSeries ODBC and special caracter
I need help. I found problems using MS Query with iSeries ODBC driver when there are table o library named with special caracters ("$" or "_") ...

Difficult query?
Dear friends, I have a database in Access 2003 about Forest Inventory. I have data collected from sample plots in a table (T_RawData1991-2001 – linked from T_SamplePlotsDetails one to many). For each tree I have its SerialNo recorded manually, so in a sample plot I may have 5 trees (up to 100), serially 1-5. I have also recorded the distance and the azimuth of each tree from the center of the sample plot. Now, I want to have (using a query perhaps) the following results: The distance combination between all Trees e.g. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 2-1, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 3-1, 3-2, 3-4, 3-5, 4-1...

Setting a conditional value in a query to perform an additional qu
Ok, I have a slight brain twister here and wondering if anyone could help shed some light on this. :) Im in the midst of creating a database that will hopefully replace a paper-based system of storing 'shift runsheets' from a 24/7 office. There is 3 shifts per 24 hours; Morning (6am-2:30pm), Afternoon (2pm-10:30pm) and Night (10pm to 6:30am). Each day it adds a new row of data to the table "shift" and users can peform searches on previous sheets by searching the table "previous" which links to "shift". When a user wishes to search, they select the ...

FWD: Apply this security update from the Microsoft
--bketekedpvwgb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sgpblhrz"; type="multipart/alternative" --sgpblhrz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rxwxrevoeqtb" --rxwxrevoeqtb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect ...

QUERY: export script
I am currently using Outlook Express to handle my POP3 mail however I sometimes use Outlook too! There are times when I want to export certain mail in a batch and save them. Is it possible writing a script for Outlook Express to batch export mail and save them each with a filename format of (YYMMDD_HHMM, year, month, day, hour, minute - date-timestamp of the email ofcourse)?? If it is not possible under Outlook Express, is it possible under Outlook? I have programmed Excel VBA before, so how easy would it be to program for Outlook or Outlook Express? I have Outlook 97 but never seen an...

Updating Sales Order total
Greetings All: I'm integrating UPS shipping system with GP 9.0. I have developed an application that writes the freight and tracking data back to an order. I write the freight total to SOP10100.FRTAMNT. I'm quite green with GP 9.0 and discovered that indeed the freight on the order is updated but the order total doesn't get updated. What's the best way to get the order's bottom line updated? Is there some stored procedure or something that handles this logic? Thanks in advance, -Rusty Hi, I have tested you scenario as stated by you, the choice is yours if you ...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

Updating Test company database
I have used the techknowlege procedure for setting up a new test company. But once the test company's set up, after a while the data gets old. To refresh the test database with current Live info I'll do the backup "Live" and restore to "Test". Do I still need to run the scripts described in the TK or is that only necessary the first time? Thanks, DavidF. David, You need to run the scripts every time you do a restore. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

How to update Contact lookups in CRM 4.0
How can I use CRM 4.0 Import to update the lookups of existing Contact records? The lookups to be updated are stored in a .CSV file with the corresponding contactid of the Contact record. I read from the CRM Help file that there is a "enrich data by updating records rather than creating new records" facility but I wasn't able to make this checkbox appear. I tried to do it but keep encountering this error message, "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organ...

Sum of counted values in a query
Hello, My question,.... I have a query which count the number of records in a table (as a result of the menuoption view-> totals ->count) as a result of the group by function for unique records. The result is: column1 column2 A 10 B 15 C 8 Now I want to insert a column3 which gives the sum of that counted values. I'd tried something like: expr1:Sum(Count[column2]) The result should be for each record in column3: 33 (result of the sum 10+15+8) It doesn't work. Somebody knows a solution ? Thanks regards, Johan You can always writ...

What is the easiest way of bulk updating Account information?
Hi, What is the easiest way of updating all the Accounts where the Account ID ends in "C" with a Relationship Type of "Customer"? TIA Hi GP, The easiest way i know is going through the advanced find. Use advanced find to select all the accounts that meet those requirements, then check the box to highlight all records. Go to the toolbar and select "more actions" then select edit. It will bring the account form up and you can make the mass edits there. Hope this will help Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com On Jan 15, 11:39=A0am, GP <G...@discussions.micros...

POS (Not RMS) Database Query Question
Our owner would like a automated text message sent to his phone every 30-60 minutes with total daily sales. If we create a query and have it run every 60 minutes, and the query results sent via SQL Mail, that should do the trick. What are the tables housing current daily sales totals? Mark Kalmus wrote: > Our owner would like a automated text message sent to his phone every 30-60 > minutes with total daily sales. > > If we create a query and have it run every 60 minutes, and the query results > sent via SQL Mail, that should do the trick. > > What are the table...

Passthrough Query
I have a form in a project DB that its source is a view (csp_UserNames) that accepts parameters,but I would like to pass a parameter that the user types in the form itself (USRNAME field) and then requery the form. If I put the following in its source it works; Exec csp_UserNames This returns all values in the users table If I put: Exec csp_UserNames alopez It returns user angel lopez (the login ID is alopez for this user) But I would like to pass the value in my form (Login_frm) field (USRNAME) to the parameter so that when I type jsmith in the USRNAME field (afterupdate) I would just do...

Backup Database Queries

access 2003 query report "# error"
Hi all, I'm not sure what else to look at here. I have a rather complex query that I am using to underly a report. All the data in the query is correct when I run the query with the parameters. When I run the report using the same parameters, everything is fine except one column shows up as # Error. Not sure why it runs fine in the query, but the report column shows up as an error. I don't know if this matters, but the query does a lot of grouping and joins a separate "Totals Query" as a column (to get a total of all records) so I can calculate a percentage of the total ...

Query Criteria!
Only records that are 3 years old, <1095 days Is this possible Thanks for any help....Bob This does not work because Date field is Text <Date()-"1095" Thanks for any help..Bob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:eB44rOm0HHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > > Only records that are 3 years old, <1095 days Is this possible Thanks for > any help....Bob > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:03:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: >This does not work because Date field is Text <Date()-"1095" ...

Update Resource Availability
I have configured Project Gateway in Portfoilio Server. I am now trying to sync Resource Availability and get the following error. I can't work out where to change this custom field. Can anyone help? Could not update availability for server 'EUPROJECT'. Invalid resource custom field specified for requirement synchronization. The Resource Custom Field mentioned is the field "Resource Type Custom Field" configured in the Project Server Definition under Project Server Gateway in PPS. That field name must match with your associated field in Project Server...

concatenation query
Hello I'm guessing this isn't allowed but I'd welcome confirmation Can one concatenate a variable into a VBA command So for example instead of userform1. windowsmediaplayer1.controls.currentposition could you have userform1. windowsmediaplayer & ("range a1") & .controls.currentposition If so what would the correct syntax be? Many thanks In WHICH group do you want an answer? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "teepee" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:490db452@newsgate.x-privat.org.....

Time Zone Update (KB955839) & Outlook Web Access
I am unable to log on Outlook Web Access, get an "Invalid Time Zone Exception Error". Regional settings in Windows 2003 is set to my local country (Australia). But after I install this patch (KB955839) prior to Exchange setup, the Time Zone (double click Clock, Time Zone) selection is no longer my current selection.. This may have something to to with the Time Zone exception in OWA refers too, as on first visit, I don't get the Country settings screen, instead I get above error. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what Time Zone setting I select, it default ba...

Trendline Update
I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.2720). I have a simple chart with a trendline added. After I enter new data, does the trendline equation automatically update, or do I have to perform an operation to get it to update? Thanks! Bill Try it and see... I think you will find that it does update. You can also create the formual yourself using the slope and intercept functions... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Bill" wrote: > I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.2720). I have a simple chart with a > trendline added. After I enter new data, does the trendline equation > au...